IGNORED

2020 Election Results 11: Domestic Terrorists And An Eternity Until Inauguration

GreyhoundFan

Thanks to someone on Facebook, I'm now going to call the guy with the lectern, "Hannibal Lectern." The only thing those people are sorry about is that they got caught. They're finally finding out that actions do have consequences, whether it's having felony charges that mean they won't be allowed to own guns again, and be on the no-fly list.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 5

8 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Q Shaman thinks he should get organic food.  In jail.

You're from Arizona, where Joe Arpaio had been the sheriff in Maricopa county. You should just be happy that you're not sleeping in a tent and wearing pink underwear!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 11

Awaiting the terrorist freak out about this. 

Facebook Inc. said Monday it is removing all content mentioning “stop the steal,” a phrase popular among supporters of President Trump’s claims about the election, as part of a raft of emergency measures to stem misinformation and incitements to violence on its platform in the lead up to President-elect Joe Biden’s inauguration.

I suppose all the keyboard commando FB school of law graduates will be out in force tonight. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 3

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/11/chad-wolf-homeland-security-secretary-resigns-after-trump-supporters-riot.html

Acting Homeland Security Secretary Chad Wolf resigned Monday, becoming the third Cabinet-level official to quit on the heels of the riot at the U.S. Capitol by a mob of President Donald Trump’s supporters.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

4 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I suppose all the keyboard commando FB school of law graduates will be out in force tonight. 

My cousin, a trump devotee, has been grumbling on FB about being censored. She mentioned she has had a couple of warnings already. Most of what she posts is so obviously fake..... I'm sure she will be griping yet again.

Freedom of speech doesn't give you freedom from consequence. Some bozo on city FB dining page was complaining about twitter being able to do what they want but restaurants are under a no indoor dining mandate (not that anyone is following that). I responded "but if you act up in a restaurant, they have every right to kick you out" 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I wonder how many friend/family of mine will be whinging about this.  (granted if I see it - because some have been snoozed/unfollowed without unfriending) they're going to disappear.

• I Agree 7

1 minute ago, clueliss said:

I wonder how many friend/family of mine will be whinging about this.  (granted if I see it - because some have been snoozed/unfollowed without unfriending) they're going to disappear.

I snoozed and unfollowed several people the last week. We also have two women, long time family friends (one from since before I was born 55 years ago!), who are rabid trump supporters. The one escaped Castro's Cuba and is obsessed with communism. One never commented on anything but the Cuban friend, would comment on comments I made on other people's or site's pages! Would drive me nuts. I made both acquaintances and restricted them. 

• Upvote 9

26 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

You're from Arizona, where Joe Arpaio had been the sheriff in Maricopa county. You should just be happy that you're not sleeping in a tent and wearing pink underwear!

Yes, my cousin (not by blood but family friends) who's late mother was Mexican, lives in Arizona. She used to have to carry around her passport. 

• Sad 15
  • Thank You 2

27 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hannibal Lectern

Very good. I wonder if he also wanted organic food in jail, or just some fava beans and a nice Chianti.

• Haha 23

On 1/10/2021 at 2:12 AM, Ozlsn said:

Son of Jewish judge among those who entered Capitol.

From the article:

He was among the many Orthodox Jews who came to the Capitol to protest, telling the Post that he wanted “to express my opinion as a free American that this election was stolen” from President Donald Trump. 

I am having a moment of disbelief that Orthodox Jews were side by side with people wearing some of the most anti-Semitic slogans I have seen in public, and apparently this wasn't an issue for some of them?

There was another anomalous sight at yesterday’s “festivities.” There among the fluttering flags of MAGA, ‘Trump is My President,’ and Old Glory was the Israeli flag. What was it doing in such a setting? Again, how does an American Jew fly that flag in that place and think it’s an appropriate thing to do?

To understand the answer you have to grasp several complex and contradictory ideas at once. Both anti-Semites and Zionists often make a distinction between Israel and Jews. Jews, especially those in the Diaspora, are bad. Israel is good.

How do they make such a distinction?  Anti-Semites who admire Israel, separate it from Jews. They admire Zionism not just as a form of nationalism, but as a movement that proudly boasts of its exclusiveness. Israel is the nation state of the Jewish people; just as white supremacists want a state for the white race. In this sense, race and religion become almost interchangeable.

When neo-Nazis like Richard Spencer visit Israel as he has, he marvels at the Judeo-supremacy he sees both in Israel proper and in occupied Palestine. A state offering superior rights to Jews and which has expelled huge numbers of non-Jews is music to his ears. He sees Zionism as the same fight he is mounting within American society to separate from non-whites and empower his own race by demanding sovereignty. He told an Israeli TV interviewer this:

“As an Israeli citizen, someone who understands your identify, who has a sense of nationhood and peoplehood and the history and experience of the Jewish people, you should respect someone like me who has analogous feelings about whites.  I mean, you could say that I’m a white Zionist in the sense that I care about my people. I want us to have a secure homeland that for us and ourselves just like you want a secure homeland in Israel.”

It’s no accident that Bibi Netanyahu’s closest political allies in Europe are anti-Semites: Hungary’s Viktor Orban and Poland’s Andrzej Duda. It’s also no accident that almost all the Jews in these two countries were exterminated by the Nazis with varying levels of collaboration from local officials. European anti-Semites hate the Jews among them, but love Jews who emigrate to Israel. Because they live in exactly the sort of state these national-supremacists want for themselves: a sovereign state for pure Hungarians or Poles. One that excludes non natives like Roma, Jews, Muslims or African refugees.  It is, ironically, the same reason Adolf Eichmann said that if he were a Jew he too would be a Zionist.

The most troubling aspect of this increasing alliance between Israel’s dominant right-wing and its European counterparts is that Israel is rapidly becoming precisely the sort of state Germany was under the Nazis. The same fascist tendencies; the same repression of speech and individual liberty; the same impulse to eliminate enemies, both internal and external; the same readiness to make war as a means of pursuing national interests.

When you look at yesterday’s developments with these phenomena in mind what seems strange becomes clear.

https://www.richardsilverstein.com/2021/01/07/at-maga-rally-israeli-flag-and-neo-nazis-co-exist-awkwardly/ 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 1

I'm still in shock.  I never thought I would see a day where a mob of lunatics would attempt to take over our Capitol in such a violent way.  I literally don't know what to say.?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 5

Well I guess the massacre at the inauguration may have been canceled.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9134437/Ivanka-Trump-planning-attend-Bidens-inauguration-save-political-career.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

(it is unconfirmed and it might be just another of those "ivanka and jared pretend to go against Donald Trump" stories)

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 7

2 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Well I guess the massacre at the inauguration may have been canceled.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9134437/Ivanka-Trump-planning-attend-Bidens-inauguration-save-political-career.html?ito=amp_twitter_share-top

(it is unconfirmed and it might be just another of those "ivanka and jared pretend to go against Donald Trump" stories)

Nah.  If she shows up, they'll call her a terrible daughter and a turncoat.  Vanky isn't any safer than anyone else.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 5

5 minutes ago, Xan said:

Nah.  If she shows up, they'll call her a terrible daughter and a turncoat.  Vanky isn't any safer than anyone else.

Good point, I wonder if they will call her traitor? I mean, they were planning on hanging Pence so I can't imagine they would go too easy on her. Then again, maybe trump will talk them into being nice to her. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 9

3 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Damn those pesky robots--always taking matters into their own hands, making phone calls without permission from their human overlords.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Everybody else knew that crazy Trump supporters were coming  but Susan Collins blamed Iran.

https://bangordailynews.com/2021/01/11/opinion/contributors/democracy-prevailed-over-the-rioters-who-sieged-the-capitol/

(She seems rather vapid.)

It is all going to be okay because Trump has leaned his lesson after the first impeachment 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 13

50 minutes ago, RosyDaisy said:

I'm still in shock.  I never thought I would see a day where a mob of lunatics would attempt to take over our Capitol in such a violent way.  I literally don't know what to say.?

And to be goaded into it by the freaking President of the United States!  I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that.

I have truly learned my lesson about thinking I've seen it all at this point in my life.  Obviously the universe had more surprises for me up its sleeve.

• I Agree 16

2 minutes ago, kpmom said:

And to be goaded into it by the freaking President of the United States!  I'm still trying to wrap my mind around that.

I have truly learned my lesson about thinking I've seen it all at this point in my life.  Obviously the universe had more surprises for me up its sleeve.

2020 was not quite done with us. And FFS, the people comparing this to the riots! I just saw one guy whining how all his "constitutional" rights were taken away for the last year. What rights? He is still spouting stupidity out of his mouth. I keep saying, I would love to send some of these people back to Nazi Germany or Stalin Russia and see how long they would last. 

• Upvote 9

"Airbnb announced on Monday plans to attempt to restrict rioters who stormed the Capitol from returning to the Washington, DC area for next week's presidential inauguration."

https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/11/homes/airbnb-ban-inauguration-dc/index.html

I don't think the people leaving these messages got the "let's all place now memo." Scary stuff.

"Democratic Rep. David Cicilline (D-RI) who is helping lead the push to impeach President Trump is getting hateful threats left on his office's voicemail."

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/01/11/anonymous-threat-call-impeachment-gallego-reaction-vpx.cnn

A little late..."Facebook will begin removing all content that mentions the phrase "stop the steal," a full 69 days after Election Day." Should have done it one day after the election not 69 days after.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

"https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2021/01/11/anonymous-threat-call-impeachment-gallego-reaction-vpx.cnn

A little late..."Facebook will begin removing all content that mentions the phrase "stop the steal," a full 69 days after Election Day." Should have done it one day after the election not 69 days after.

B---b--- but, that is censorship! What about my freedom of speech?? ---- the argument. 

• Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic