IGNORED

2020 Election Results 11: Domestic Terrorists And An Eternity Until Inauguration

GreyhoundFan

7 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Apropos of absolutely nothing, I just want to say that if Senator Coach Tommy wants his name pronounced "TUBberville" he needs to put a second "b" in there. For now he is Tuberville, like the potato, rhymes with Gooberville. That is all I have to say. Back to doomscrolling.

I keep wanting to call him Tubby the Tuba.

There are a lot of names from the latest news that would make editors roll their eyes at an author or screenwriter for being too spot-on or too ironic.

Goodman - the Capitol Police officer who diverted the thugs who chased him up the stairs calling him vile names.

Liebengood - the Capitol police officer who commited suicide.

Angeli - he's no angel (I know, that's not his real name).

Adam Johnson - the original dick (I am trying not to use body-part insults, but, just this once . . . ).

Babbitt - the woman who was shot trying to break in - among other things, Sinclair Lewis' Babbitt thought all good things should come to him, and that he was the quintessential American, just for being middle-class, white, and a go-getter.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

30 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking of FJers from outside the US, and even if I had, it seems that non-US folks generally have a higher understanding of US laws than the average Republican congressman, never mind the average patriotic 'Murrican. Trust me when I say that most people in the US do not understand impeachment at all, even after having witnessed one very recently! 

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!pardon.thumb.jpeg.57bcf4e2e8bb7e687b870fb73ef13491.jpeg

Oh wouldn’t it be delicious if people really sent in their personal information 

• I Agree 18

I believe this guy was turned in by an ex wife. And retired Air Force lt colonel

whatever I’m watching on msnbc, someone said the nycpd and fbi warned dc this was coming.  And fbi went to some rather nasty folks and did knock and talks, to.did them they were being watched and if they went to dc, they would be arrested.  Most of them listened and didn’t go. That group was apparently the leaders of some of this.  It could have been much worse.

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 8

2 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I believe this guy was turned in by an ex wife. And retired Air Force lt colonel

whatever I’m watching on msnbc, someone said the nycpd and fbi warned dc this was coming.  And fbi went to some rather nasty folks and did knock and talks, to.did them they were being watched and if they went to dc, they would be arrested.  Most of them listened and didn’t go. That group was apparently the leaders of some of this.  It could have been much worse.

He may have been turned in by an ex-, but apparently military that he used to serve with also sent in tips. I saw something along the lines of "he is so extreme, can't talk to the guy anymore." 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

Saw an interesting TikTok via a tweet.  A phone network guy was clarifying the cell phone system in the Capitol Bldg. Because there are basement offices, there's a separate phone system that connects to and logs all phones.   Anyone in the building or area with their phone turned on was being tracked and logged, even if they didn't make a phone call or text.  

Folks who are breathing a sigh of relief because they kept a mask on or otherwise obscured their faces may  still get a knock at their door in the coming days, weeks, months because they cell phone left a signature. 

• Upvote 20
  • Thank You 12

14 minutes ago, Howl said:

Saw an interesting TikTok via a tweet.  A phone network guy was clarifying the cell phone system in the Capitol Bldg. Because there are basement offices, there's a separate phone system that connects to and logs all phones.   Anyone in the building or area with their phone turned on was being tracked and logged, even if they didn't make a phone call or text.  

Folks who are breathing a sigh of relief because they kept a mask on or otherwise obscured their faces may  still get a knock at their door in the coming days, weeks, months because they cell phone left a signature. 

You know? If you are really concerned about privacy, the first thing you have to do is get rid of your smart phone. If you have to communicate while mobile, buy a bunch of burner phones, and use them for very short periods of time. 

Also, no social media. You have no privacy if you use social media. I have my accounts locked down to a certain degree, but I have no expectation of privacy despite this. I also use ad blockers (except for FJ, of course).  But I don't do that to increase my privacy, but because I find ads so intrusive and annoying.  

Every one in a while, I will open an anonymous tab to make a query, but I still have very little expectation of privacy.

There is no privacy unless you detach from the Internet completely. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 14

A Branch Trumpvidian terrorist is upset cause his antics at the Capitol got him on a no fly list

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 17
  • Love 1

Of course our new useless Rep from IA-1has made it clear that she puts Trump ahead of her constituents.

Iowa Congresswoman Ashley Hinson and Iowa GOP Chairman Jeff Kaufmann have both tweeted their disapproval of President Trump recent, permanent ban from Twitter.

In a Twitter post on Saturday, Hinson posted screenshots of Twitter posts by the Chinese Embassy in the US, Iranian leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei and the now-blank account of President Trump’s, with Hinson writing “This isn’t right.”

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1

The hits just keep on coming, the Trump campaign’s payment processor has dumped them as has his campaign’s email provider. https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/stripe-payment-processor-boots-trump-campaign-after-capitol-riot-n1253672
So they can’t send out emails soliciting funds and even if they could they can’t process any donations.

I’ve said before I’m not big on conspiracy theories or speculation, but for so many companies to act so decisively and so quickly I wonder if their data collecting has revealed more than we know at present.

Fascinating to watch the toddler in chief losing all his toys & if they impeach & convict/25 him he’ll even be put in time out! 

Edited to add & the PGA is dumping him too, lol https://abcnews.go.com/US/blow-trump-golfs-pga-strip-major-championship-trump/story?id=75168540

Edited by sndral
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

I was wondering today, whether or not the far right could be negatively impacted by Trump and the right removing net neutrality regulations.  Like, as Parler and other such sites are banned from the Apple and Google stores, and people try to move to using web sites instead of apps, might ISPs decide to start throttling traffic to/from those sites?  Like, Parler finds someone to host them but no one with a mainstream ISP has reasonable access to it.  I am in support of net neutrality, and I think it unlikely to happen, but it would be sweet irony.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I ordered an upright freezer.... because apparently one cannot just get one today (google it, it is scary) ... I am a month out for delivery ... we have stocked up on shelf stable staples... I am concerned, folks.   

And I just read this:  Law enforcement braces for more extremist violence in DC and around the US ahead of Inauguration Day - CNNPolitics   oh nevermind I cannot share the link ... argh... 

Edited by MarblesMom
  • Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 12

5 hours ago, sndral said:

The hits just keep on coming, the Trump campaign’s payment processor has dumped them as has his campaign’s email provider. https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/tech-news/stripe-payment-processor-boots-trump-campaign-after-capitol-riot-n1253672
So they can’t send out emails soliciting funds and even if they could they can’t process any donations.

I’ve said before I’m not big on conspiracy theories or speculation, but for so many companies to act so decisively and so quickly I wonder if their data collecting has revealed more than we know at present.

Fascinating to watch the toddler in chief losing all his toys & if they impeach & convict/25 him he’ll even be put in time out! 

Edited to add & the PGA is dumping him too, lol https://abcnews.go.com/US/blow-trump-golfs-pga-strip-major-championship-trump/story?id=75168540

It's possible they know things, but it's also possible everyone is just reading the writing on the wall, and know that as time goes on, an association with Trump is gonna look worse and worse. Also I think a lot of companies are getting pressure from employees threatening to quit. That's what happened with Twitter.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

10 hours ago, Howl said:

Saw an interesting TikTok via a tweet.  A phone network guy was clarifying the cell phone system in the Capitol Bldg.

Just relocated the tweet with the TikTok: 

Turns out 5G taking over your brain should be the least of the worries for these yahoos. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 10

Emily Rainey:

She has now resigned, as per reporters on Twitter, and can spend more time with the FBI.  

She is also a covidiot.

• Thank You 18

I'm 50-50 on whether Trump will declare martial law between now and Jan 19. 

The only sane thing to do is inaugurate Biden and Harris in an undisclosed location at noon on Jan 20 and have them both get to work by 1 pm overturning Trump's policies and dismantling the previous administration, firing every single Trump loyalist, no matter how embedded or how minor their position. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 30

I hope an "undisclosed location" is unnecessary for the inauguration, but I fear it will.  It would be better if it could be public, to reassure the American people and those around the world that our government system is intact and functioning and unbowed by this unprecedented pressure - however, if there is rioting or incipient violence, I have no doubt they are prepared to keep things indoors.  It is going to be 9 long days until then.  

I hope the investigations into the origins of the Capitol breach are rushing forward.  I am not usually prone to conspiracy theories, but I simply cannot believe that, even on a regular old ordinary day, the Capitol and law enforcement do not have an emergency procedure in place to initiate if a breach is attempted.  For some reason, that plan was not implemented last week, and we need to know why.  

Edited by Becky
Grammar!
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 16

1 hour ago, Becky said:

I hope the investigations into the origins of the Capitol breach are rushing forward.  I am not usually prone to conspiracy theories, but I simply cannot believe that, even on a regular old ordinary day, the Capitol and law enforcement do not have an emergency procedure in place to initiate if a breach is attempted.  For some reason, that plan was not implemented last week, and we need to know why.  

I think it's pretty clear what happened. Trump ordered the DoJ to loosen security, and to deny requests for the nation guard. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 11

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic