IGNORED

2020 Election Results 11: Domestic Terrorists And An Eternity Until Inauguration

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, Howl said:

The only sane thing to do is inaugurate Biden and Harris in an undisclosed location at noon on Jan 20 and have them both get to work by 1 pm overturning Trump's policies and dismantling the previous administration, firing every single Trump loyalist, no matter how embedded or how minor their position. 

They are smart, and have probably been working out the details since the election was officially called; although things have probably gone into overdrive since last week.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Because of course: "Republicans block House measure calling on Pence and Cabinet to remove Trump under the 25th Amendment"

House Republicans on Monday blocked a measure calling on Vice President Pence and Trump’s Cabinet to remove him under the 25th Amendment.

The procedural move by the GOP to block consideration of the measure under unanimous consent will force the full House to vote Tuesday on the resolution. The resolution pressures Pence to initiate proceedings to remove Trump in the wake of the attack on the Capitol by a pro-Trump mob and as calls from Trump’s impeachment grow.

The 25th Amendment gives the vice president, plus a majority of the Cabinet, the ability to remove the president from office if they determine he “is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.”

The resolution, authored by Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-Md.), calls on Pence to to “to immediately use his powers under section 4 of the 25th Amendment to convene and mobilize the principal officers of the executive departments in the Cabinet to declare what is obvious to a horrified Nation: That the President is unable to successfully discharge the duties and powers of his office.”

During a pro forma floor session Monday, Rep. Alex Mooney (R-W. V.) objected to considering the measure under unanimous consent.

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 8
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Take note of these House reps. Remember them well. Investigate them to the fullest. If Nancy is smart, she will start impeachment procedures against all of them. And then expel them and ban them from ever holding public office again. Because they are all treacherous seditionists who broke, and are still continuing to break, their oath to the Constitution.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Emily Rainey:

She has now resigned, as per reporters on Twitter, and can spend more time with the FBI.  

She is also a covidiot.

She needs to be recalled to active duty and hit with every UCMJ charge they can throw at her  

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

They clarified that they may donate to these people if they get re-elected so let's not get too emotional. An armed insurrection has a half-life.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 8

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I note that Paul Gosar was in the midst of speaking (arguing in favor of the objection to certification of Arizona's EC votes, of course) during House debate when the crowd breached the Capitol and they had to go into recess.

Coincidence that he had the mic at that moment?

Was anyone watching the Senate feed and can confirm who was in the middle of speaking there?

• Upvote 7

39 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Just an FWI for everyone re: deleting a tweet -

While I don't work for twitter, I am a web developer, and I find it hard to believe that when you delete a tweet Twitter hard deletes (i.e. completely removes the entry from the database). Rather they probably soft delete it (i.e. mark the entry as deleted most likely using a "deleted_at" timestamp). Hard deleting things creates a huge headache for the engineers if they ever need to recover it, and let me tell you, engineers hate doing more work. Also Twitter most certainly has back ups of their website. 

All of this is supported by the fact that you can download an archive of your twitter including deleted tweets.

So if people were deleting tweets thinking the FBI would have no way to see them, I wouldn't count on it. 

Edited by TuringMachine
spelling
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 16
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

I think it's pretty clear what happened. Trump ordered the DoJ to loosen security, and to deny requests for the nation guard. 

Agreed, but proof is necessary if the ringleaders are going to be charged and justice to be served in the courts.

• Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

If it's armed it's probably worse than a protest.

This is scary. I am so glad I am far from my state capital. I told my husband, I can't believe I am saying this, but call on the army and open fire. I'm at the point where I don't trust ANY Trump supporter. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

Trump's likely to get impeached for the second time on Wednesday. I really hope he becomes the first ever to be convicted. If inciting an attack on congress isn't enough for republicans then nothing ever will be. 

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-impeachment-news-01-11-21/h_ba6e48072afaf964ca17e1c63c894a9f

• Upvote 20

3 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Trump's likely to get impeached for the second time on Wednesday. I really hope he becomes the first ever to be convicted. If inciting an attack on congress isn't enough for republicans then nothing ever will be. 

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/trump-impeachment-news-01-11-21/h_ba6e48072afaf964ca17e1c63c894a9f

I really hope so! I am tired of people with their "what about" comments. This wasn't Walmart, a liquor store, even a police station.... this was the Capitol! They were planning on hanging Pence amongst others. On what planet was this justified? 

• Upvote 19

52 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

Just an FWI for everyone re: deleting a tweet -

While I don't work for twitter, I am a web developer, and I find it hard to believe that when you delete a tweet Twitter hard deletes (i.e. completely removes the entry from the database). Rather they probably soft delete it (i.e. mark the entry as deleted most likely using a "deleted_at" timestamp). Hard deleting things creates a huge headache for the engineers if they ever need to recover it, and let me tell you, engineers hate doing more work. Also Twitter most certainly has back ups of their website. 

All of this is supported by the fact that you can download an archive of your twitter including deleted tweets.

So if people were deleting tweets thinking the FBI would have no way to see them, I wouldn't count on it. 

Also a web developer and I agree with you. I find it mind boggling as long as the internet has been around and people still don’t know a file, post or email is forever 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

I believe based on news photos they have a giant fence around the capital building in Jefferson City MO - because there's an inauguration there this week (today perhaps).  There were also protesters there on Jan 6.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

She needs to be recalled to active duty and hit with every UCMJ charge they can throw at her  

She’s still active duty so no recall required. She states in the article that ‘she was on leave’ (presumably terminal leave but not really relevant). Resigning a commission is only part of the overall administration separation process. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 8

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

Yeah what happens in Twitter stays on Twitter even if people “delete” the tweet.  Someone asked me if Twitter pulling the plug on fuck face’s account would mean the tweets wouldn’t be available later as evidence.  I told them that nope Twitter still has all his angry tweets sitting there waiting for the friendly neighborhood court to ask them for his tweets.   And that all the suspension did was lock his account and make it inaccessible to the public.  

About the only time I usually delete a tweet is if I post one and I see that autocorrect has worked its magic or there’s another typo. I put up a corrected one a few seconds later. 

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

This is scary. I am so glad I am far from my state capital. I told my husband, I can't believe I am saying this, but call on the army and open fire. I'm at the point where I don't trust ANY Trump supporter. 

Yeah I’m glad my sister is all the way out in Waukee.  That’s about 20 miles from the Iowa Capitol. 

At this point if I lived near a Capitol building I’d be looking for temporary accommodations on the outskirts of town at the least.  If I lived in Madison I’d probably return to Dubuque for a week if I could work remote. 

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, AmazonGrace said:

The security better be topnotch.

Are they insane? Grouping all of those people who the maggot hats have on their hit list in one place.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 19

I might be wrong, it's been YEARS since I was at Arlington, but can't they close it to tourists for the time the president and former presidents will be there?

I mean...it's gated, right?

Edited by Loveday
clarification
  • Upvote 5

Folks get out your popcorn

Parler hit back at Amazon on Monday, filing a lawsuit accusing the tech giant of violating antitrust law by cutting off the conservative-friendly social media site's presence on the web.

In a complaint filed in federal court in Washington state, Parler said Amazon’s decision was “motivated by political animus” and designed to reduce competition to the benefit of Twitter, which is also a customer of the online retailer's Amazon Web Services division.

Parler asked for an emergency order to reject Amazon's shutdown of its account, saying it was the equivalent of “pulling the plug on a hospital patient on life support."

Amazon “will kill Parler’s business — at the very time it is set to skyrocket,” the complaint said.

Discovery is going to be lots of fun in this case. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 13

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

I find it mind boggling as long as the internet has been around and people still don’t know a file, post or email is forever 

I have virtually no tech skills, and spent two-thirds of my life in a world with no Internet, and it even boggles my mind!

You'd think a bunch of conspiracy theorists, who are always talking about Big Brother tracking them down, would be able to think it through. It just shows how stupid some of them, at the "sheep who go out and do the dirty work" level, really are.

10 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Parler hit back at Amazon on Monday, filing a lawsuit accusing the tech giant

I'm sure they think they are David going up against Goliath.

Much brave. So courage. :roll:

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic