IGNORED

2020 Election Results 11: Domestic Terrorists And An Eternity Until Inauguration

GreyhoundFan

I want to know what the Parler/AWS contract says that AWS can do.  Because this could come down to simple contract law.  (I'm not an attorney but forever ago did have to take Business Law for the Accounting Degree and followed it up with a Commercial Law Business Elective)

And CNN is reporting that we've got both Republican and Democrat members of Congress receiving phoned in death threats (nice, very nice, play with federal law - given the history in this mess, you're probably not using burner phones either)

As for the public events - potential unpopular opinion here - what are they going to do?  Hide?  Yes, it is a risk but with correct security there shouldn't be a risk.  I prefer the public inauguration with needed security measures.  To do otherwise lets the insurrection think they've won.

• Upvote 12

11 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Folks get out your popcorn

Discovery is going to be lots of fun in this case. 

I thought conservatives were big on "companies should be able to refuse to do business with people they morally abhor".

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 14

Just heard back from my local sheriff who said that no one in the sheriff's department went to DC last week and that both he and the Dubuque police chief are monitoring social media in case any of the local terrorist sympathizers get any ideas.  Makes me feel a little bit better.  

Yep No Fly Listings of Branch Trumpvidians is a thing now on twitter.

• Upvote 18

36 minutes ago, thoughtful said:
44 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Parler hit back at Amazon on Monday, filing a lawsuit accusing the tech giant

I'm sure they think they are David going up against Goliath.

Much brave. So courage. :roll:

They should have seen this coming when they fought for the right of businesses to not bake cakes or arrange flowers for same-sex couples. AWS can't be forced to violate their core values* because. . . precedent!

*I know, I know, some would say AWS has no core values beyond making piles of money; work with me here!

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Conservatives: Unions are bad. They protect the bad and lazy workers.

Conservatives storm the Capitol

Conservatives get fired.

"What do you mean we got fired? They can't do that! They can't fire you for any reason especially not one that you do on your own time." 

That's the world of right to work States you want, Bucko.

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Conservatives: Unions are bad. They protect the bad and lazy workers.

Conservatives storm the Capitol

Conservatives get fired.

"What do you mean we got fired? They can't do that! They can't fire you for any reason especially not one that you do on your own time." 

That's the world of right to work States you want, Bucko.

No decent employer wants to have an employee like that who can destroy their business. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

10K National Guard Troops to be on hand

Well I hope they're the good guys and not the Coup Corps.

• I Agree 23

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

No decent employer wants to have an employee like that who can destroy their business. 

Not to mention that I wouldn't want to work for an employer that kept Branch Trumpvidian Terrorists around.  Before January 6 I'd hold my nose and work quietly.  I'm very much a leave the fucking politics at the lobby doors type when it comes to work.  After January 6 they'd have to pay me tens of millions of dollars if they expected me to work with a BT that attempted the violent overthrow of the United States Government. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

1 minute ago, AmazonGrace said:

Well this is a sad development.

Pity 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

If I lived near a state capitol I'd be buying a whole shitload of cameras and have them aimed outside to cover all around my home then just leave them running while I go away.  (Of course I would follow applicable laws regarding these cameras and how they're aimed). 

• I Agree 8

5 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Q Shaman thinks he should get organic food.  In jail.

There isn't a violin small enough.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 9

“I’m on the No Fly List? My Mom and Dad Are Gonna Be So Mad at Me,” Sobs Local Domestic Terrorist

I thought I’d gotten my fill of that with Donald Trump having no access to social media, every platform banning him save for the folks who make Lite Brite. Maybe.

But now I’ve been treated to an entire hashtag dedicated to the entitled “I painted the confederate flag on my face because I like losing” rioters who have discovered that, gasp, there are consequences for their actions!

This is the lesson many are learning as they attempt to fly back home because, as it turns out, you can’t just hop on a plane and take off after you, checks notes, break into the Capital building.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 9
  • WTF 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic