IGNORED

2020 Election Results 11: Domestic Terrorists And An Eternity Until Inauguration

GreyhoundFan

6 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Son of Jewish judge among those who entered Capitol.

From the article:

He was among the many Orthodox Jews who came to the Capitol to protest, telling the Post that he wanted “to express my opinion as a free American that this election was stolen” from President Donald Trump. 

I am having a moment of disbelief that Orthodox Jews were side by side with people wearing some of the most anti-Semitic slogans I have seen in public, and apparently this wasn't an issue for some of them?

Check this out written by an orthodox rabbi. He calls out Jews who marched and pulls no punches 

https://m.facebook.com/251402920486/posts/10165830319960487/?d=n

Edited by onekidanddone
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 17

Arnie's speech is well worth the listen.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 16

Get out the popcorn folks, Parler may be going buh bye

Amazon notified Parler that it would be cutting off the social network favored by conservatives and extremists from its cloud hosting service Amazon Web Services, according to an email obtained by BuzzFeed News. The suspension, which will go into effect on Sunday just before midnight, means that Parler will be unable to operate and will go offline unless it can find another hosting service.

People on Parler used the social network to stoke fear, spread hate, and coordinate the insurrection at the Capitol building on Wednesday. The app has recently been overrun with death threats, celebrations of violence, and posts encouraging “Patriots” to march on Washington, DC with weapons on January 19, the day before the inauguration of President-elect Joe Biden.

In an email obtained by BuzzFeed News, an AWS Trust and Safety team told Parler Chief Policy Officer Amy Peikoff that the calls for violence propagating across the social network violated its terms of service. Amazon said it was unconvinced that the service’s plan to use volunteers to moderate calls for violence and hate speech would be effective.

“Recently, we’ve seen a steady increase in this violent content on your website, all of which violates our terms," the email reads. "It’s clear that Parler does not have an effective process to comply with the AWS terms of service.”

LargePopcorn.png.6dbc2f0594de5b6c7c34146d17ad43cd.png

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 3

Remember Hilary’s emails.  On her own server?  Yeah, Her. Own. Server.  Too bad these dumbasses didn’t learn a lesson in that.  (Too bad for them, wonderful for sane folks)

• Upvote 15

I'm not sure if this was already posted somewhere.  Sorry if it is a double.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

I dearly hope that, when sorting all of this out, Congress, LE, the new administration, and everyone else involved (including we the people) will look into all of the details.

We see the people who are stupid enough to say the quiet part out loud - Trump, his kids, the asshole Republicans who continued to back him until close to the end (instead of saying "This guy? Are you f'ing kidding me?" in 2015), and, of course, the thugs who broke into the Capitol and the police who enabled them. They are easy to spot.

I want the people at every level who quietly participated in, directed or funded this monstrosity found and held accountable. Not that the stupid and obvious ones aren't also odious, but I suspect there were people involved who will be harder to root out.

And, at the other end of the responsibility spectrum, I want to see those who were kept out of the loop and put in danger while trying to do their jobs (the Black Capitol police, as well as some white ones, I would imagine, Congressional staff, etc.) protected and honored.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 16

55 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Remember Hilary’s emails.  On her own server?  Yeah, Her. Own. Server.  Too bad these dumbasses didn’t learn a lesson in that.  (Too bad for them, wonderful for sane folks)

To be fair, an app like Parler would have many servers, and maintaining their own server room / data center would very expensive and wholly unnecessary for their needs. The dumb part is thinking that having an unmoderated platform was going to work out well for them.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Yeah thing with big services like Twitter, Zuckerland (aka Facebook), Google, and Amazon is that it takes a lot of computing power and infrastructure to make everything work as its supposed to.  Plus redundant power supplies, security (logical and physical), cooling, and so on.  Plus all the legal requirements governing interaction between the services and the users.  Not something two guys in parent's basement are gonna be able to do.  As @TuringMachine said as I was working on this post, in summary someone like Parler would need a data center to host their application.   Since they don't have the resources to put up their own data center they have to turn to someone like AWS to host their application.  And when they did that they apparently didn't look too close at the part about not using the services to foment a violent overthrow of the United States Government.  So it's on them. 

• Upvote 27

7 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

...The dumb part is thinking that having an unmoderated platform was going to work out well for them.

THAT. That will be the actual thing that makes Parler unusable.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

9 minutes ago, apple1 said:

THAT. That will be the actual thing that makes Parler unusable.

And that’s been tried before and failed. My local newspaper was reporting after a white person was killed by a person of color. Because of how they set up their system at the time someone was able to go in and was repeatedly posting a photo of a black person bring lynched. The paper had to shut down their comments sections to stop that guy. They notified law enforcement. Prior to that they were very hands off about moderation. They started singing a different tune afterwards. And said since they were a private business the 1A didn’t apply. 

• Upvote 10

I shouldn't be surprised, but I am still disgusted and appalled that it is SUNDAY and still nothing has happened. The House needs to vote unanimously to convene during the weekend, so obviously politicians are up to their usual antics. After a fucking coup attempt. THAT THE ENTIRE GLOBE WATCHED IN REAL TIME.

What is the end goal here? I'm too stupid to understand. Someone explain this to me. What do they want? They want a civil war? What are they going to do? Try to take over liberal cities? Draw blood and chaos and stop business in cities? The businesses of Germany, China, France, Israel, England, etc? They think the international community would stand for that and get in the way of the international economy? What is the end game here? 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

My dream Amendment XXVIII has changed a bit.  I think we should change the definition of treason to, "Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort, or endeavoring to deprive or hinder any person through violence, fraud, or other illegal means those who shall be the next in the succession to the Presidency...from succeeding after the end of a President's term of office, death, or resignation of the previous President."

Kind of based off the British Treason Act of 1702 (1 Anne Stat. 2 c. 21) which included interfering in the valid succession of a monarch as treason.  That law is still in effect and makes violations punishable by life imprisonment.

• Upvote 7

• Upvote 12
  • Love 10

I believe that video above is the officer who died.  Seems to line up with this, spoilering due to the photo 

Spoiler

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

20 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I believe that video above is the officer who died.  Seems to line up with this, spoilering due to the photo 

Hide contents

I wish there was an emoji to express my horror and revulsion. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 15

13 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I am having a moment of disbelief that Orthodox Jews were side by side with people wearing some of the most anti-Semitic slogans I have seen in public, and apparently this wasn't an issue for some of them?

No more unbelievable than evangelical Christians being all-in for Trump. Politics makes strange bedfellows.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic