IGNORED

2020 Election Results 11: Domestic Terrorists And An Eternity Until Inauguration

GreyhoundFan

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9128159/MTA-worker-MAGA-mob-stormed-Capitol-suspended-calling-sick.html

MTA worker, 31, who called out sick to join MAGA mob that stormed the Capitol is suspended after his boss saw photo of him

A New York state employee has been identified as one the trespassers involved with Wednesday's Capitol riot

Metro North employee Will Pepe, 31, was recognized by both colleagues and management from a photo distributed by law enforcement

MTA management moved swiftly, and Pepe was suspended without pay

Charges against Pepe will likely be filed next week

https://exclaim.ca/music/article/iced_earths_jon_schaffer_is_now_among_the_fbis_most_wanted

Iced Earth's Jon Schaffer Is Now Among the FBI's Most Wanted

The band's frontman has "chosen to spread love and not comment"

• Thank You 10

10 hours ago, Smee said:

Can someone clarify for me? I’ve seen things saying impeachment is worth it because it would prevent him from running in 2024 - why doesn’t the first impeachment prevent that?

People keep not understand the word "impeachment". They think it means removal from office. Also, they apparently have very short memories.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

6 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

He deserves a medal and a giant pay raise

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 5

Not sure where to post this, but...

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 16
  • Love 1

Apropos of absolutely nothing, I just want to say that if Senator Coach Tommy wants his name pronounced "TUBberville" he needs to put a second "b" in there. For now he is Tuberville, like the potato, rhymes with Gooberville. That is all I have to say. Back to doomscrolling.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 4

46 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Apropos of absolutely nothing, I just want to say that if Senator Coach Tommy wants his name pronounced "TUBberville" he needs to put a second "b" in there. For now he is Tuberville, like the potato, rhymes with Gooberville. That is all I have to say. Back to doomscrolling.

Wait, has his name NOT been pronounced toober-ville? Oh well, he’ll always be a relative of Mr. Potatohead to me. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 5

I have a friend that is big into astrology.  Everything they post is about how the next 10 days are going to be chaotic.  Great even astrology can't be light and fluffy now.

These two seemed to serious for the meme thread.

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1610315817346.jpg

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1610315917898.jpg

Edited by WiseGirl
Forgot spoiler
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

@AmazonGrace, I wonder whether Marriott suspended those donations because it’s founded and run by a Mormon family. Mitt Romney, the most prominent LDS legislator, has spoken out against 45.

Also, has anybody seen hide or hair of 45 since January 6?

• Upvote 11

14 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Wait, has his name NOT been pronounced toober-ville? Oh well, he’ll always be a relative of Mr. Potatohead to me. 

Neighbor of SpongeBob.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

43 minutes ago, Hane said:

Also, has anybody seen hide or hair of 45 since January 6?

Rumor has it his toadies have sent him on a grand tour of his greatest hits. First stop, a little piece of the border wall.

ETA. I was misinformed. According to his public calendar, "President Trump will work from early in the morning until late in the evening. He will make many calls and have many meetings." And if that doesn't read like a page from a toddler's board book I don't know what does.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 1

12 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hit them where it hurts.

Conceivably this will pick up steam in the coming week. Amazingly, even the stodgiest companies don't think sedition is a good look.

ZipTieGuyOlderWoman.thumb.jpg.5148d96ae264e58bf8a807ee371ca81e.jpg

Both guys carrying restraints have now been arrested by the FBI. I hope they don't do catch and release with these guys.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 5

I'm sure unity and healing will stop them from doing it again.

Not sure of the backstory here but if it was connected to the Capitol, well,  hot damn.

This thread:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10

21 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I'm sure unity and healing will stop them from doing it again.

Not sure of the backstory here but if it was connected to the Capitol, well,  hot damn.

From usatodaydotcom: 

Alaska Airlines has banned 14 passengers following a rowdy five-hour flight from Washington, D.C., to Seattle late Thursday.

The passengers were on Alaska Flight 1085, which left Washington Dulles International Airport around 5:20 p.m. local time. 

The airline said a number of passengers on the nearly full flight were "non-mask compliant, rowdy, argumentative and harassed our crew members'' and that 14 of them were banned from flying Alaska as long as its pandemic mask policy is in place.

"Their behavior was unacceptable,'' airline spokesman Ray Lane said in a statement. "We apologize to our other guests who were made uncomfortable on the flight. We will not tolerate any disturbance on board our aircraft or at any of the airports we serve.''

• Upvote 15

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

No more unbelievable than evangelical Christians being all-in for Trump. Politics makes strange bedfellows.

It is sort of more unbelievable to me because they aren't wearing shirts explicitly referring to the murder of evangelical Christians. I mean hypocrisy in politics (not exclusive to evangelical Christians by any means, although they do seem to be quite good at it) is nothing new, but I kind of feel that they might have second thoughts if that were the case. 

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

This freshman rep showed her true feathers early on.

I think a serious review of security is going to be needed if some of these reps are sworn in. Like actual requirements for who they can bring into the building, how much notice they need to give and what areas they can access. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

I didn’t know this until I read it a few minutes ago.  

also, Mary Trump is an awesome twitter follow.  If you haven’t read her book on DT, I highly recommend it.  She psycho analyzes him (and has the cred and history to do it)

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

People keep not understand the word "impeachment". They think it means removal from office. Also, they apparently have very short memories.

I had the same question as Smee - not everyone here is from the US with a solid understanding of impeachment. 

If a PM here pisses off her or his party, they just kick them out and give the country a new Prime Minister ... and that’s a whole other thread ? but it makes for some good debates.

https://www.aph.gov.au/About_Parliament/Parliamentary_Departments/Parliamentary_Library/pubs/rp/rp1920/Quick_Guides/PartyLeadershipChangesChallenges

• Upvote 8

29 minutes ago, adidas said:

I had the same question as Smee - not everyone here is from the US with a solid understanding of impeachment. 

I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking of FJers from outside the US, and even if I had, it seems that non-US folks generally have a higher understanding of US laws than the average Republican congressman, never mind the average patriotic 'Murrican. Trust me when I say that most people in the US do not understand impeachment at all, even after having witnessed one very recently! 

hahahahahahahahahahahaha!pardon.thumb.jpeg.57bcf4e2e8bb7e687b870fb73ef13491.jpeg

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Haha 26

It’s so surreal to refresh Twitter and not see his stupid face. I keep bracing myself for fuckwittery and getting confused when it’s not there, at least till my brain catches up.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic