IGNORED

Alyssa and John 7: Laura Ingalls, Something, Something...

samurai_sarah

My husband and I pee in front of each other but don't poop.  We only have one bathroom and both like to take long baths. But I've lived almost all my life in places with only one bathroom, peeing in front of my mom and any female friends and relatives, and then romantic partners, so it's not weird to me. 

I do remember my first year in college one of my friends came into our bathroom while I was putting on make up and asked if she could pee. I said yeah, of course, and only realized several seconds later that she hadn't moved and wanted me to leave. ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 9

7 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

My husband and I pee in front of each other but don't poop.  We only have one bathroom and both like to take long baths. But I've lived almost all my life in places with only one bathroom, peeing in front of my mom and any female friends and relatives, and then romantic partners, so it's not weird to me. 

I do remember my first year in college one of my friends came into our bathroom while I was putting on make up and asked if she could pee. I said yeah, of course, and only realized several seconds later that she hadn't moved and wanted me to leave. ?

Growing up we had two bathroom but my dad and stepmom had their bathroom and the 6 of us girls (me, two sisters and 3 stepsisters) had to share one bathroom so I am used to no privacy. And then I was in the military and had little to no privacy off and on for several years. But when DH and I together it was just decided that was one thing we were not going to share (when possible) I have 3 kids and 2 dogs so I get little time to myself. I value the few minutes of alone time in the bathroom. ?

• Upvote 6

On 1/3/2021 at 8:10 AM, irish_dancing_canadian said:

I’ve visited Florida in December too but went swimming. However where I’m from in Canada it gets as cold as -40C. I remember my family wearing shorts and tank tops and the locals all bundled up wearing gloves. Although I’m sure they’re used to seeing tourists from other climates. 

As a child, I visited Miami every December on school break. It was always a big disappointment that it was a bit too cool and cloudy to swim for my tastes. (Apparently, I'd forget this from year to year and pack my suit). 

I've lived in really hot places, and the natives do get spoiled. I remember seeing people all bundled up in Arizona, on what would be a pleasant spring day in Maine.

• Upvote 5

35 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

As a child, I visited Miami every December on school break. It was always a big disappointment that it was a bit too cool and cloudy to swim for my tastes. (Apparently, I'd forget this from year to year and pack my suit). 

Florida winter is all over the place. Last year on Christmas it was nearly 90. This year it was barely 50, Friday our high was 84, today it's 60. Most days in the winter have high temperatures between the upper 60s and low 80s, but we will get random 2/3/4 day swings where it's 90 or it's 40. But at least it's generally not humid and not nearly as much rain as the summer.

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I've lived in really hot places, and the natives do get spoiled. I remember seeing people all bundled up in Arizona, on what would be a pleasant spring day in Maine.

When you go from May-mid October with no highs lower than 100, nights that feel like bathwater even at 5 in the morning, and frequent highs 110-118 degrees, the 60s feel chilly. Plus, the mornings could be in the high 30's, or low 40's, 70-80 degrees cooler than summertime highs.

• Upvote 2

I can understand wanting a bigger house and more bathrooms for more people. I wonder if there's a medical reason Alyssa needs her own bathroom, but if not, that's silly. 

• Upvote 2

It’s interesting how people feel comfortable in different climates. I had a professor from Ghana. I asked him about the climate and different seasons. He said the coldest it gets there is about 70 degrees and people will start wearing jackets. On the other hand my mom’s family is from upstate New York and they complain when it’s 85 degrees.

• Upvote 5

I've known a few people who have separate bathrooms for married people. Most of them are duel income and it's just more convenient. Honestly, I would kill to have my own bathroom. I hate that he gets upset if I lock the door, and I hate that no matter how early I get up, he'll come in as soon as he hears the hair dryer. At one point we were both going to work an hour and a half early because of it. Then I started swimming before work and showering at the gym, and it was so much nicer. I absolutely hate having the shower run while I'm doing basic morning stuff in there. It's like a swamp. Then I stopped swimming for a bit and started just going into work late to avoid having to share the bathroom. 

But being a stay-at-home person, there's no reason! She can adjust schedules as necessary. 

• Upvote 7

Alternatively, I've heard of a trend of having no door or even wall to the master bathroom from the master bedroom for couples who dont care about the privacy.

For us, my husband uses our basement toilet to do his long morning business (not a bathroom, literally just a toilet in the corner of the unfinished basement), but we share one bathroom for all our grooming. And neither of us closes the door to pee though I do like some privacy for #2. If one is showering the other may come in to pee. The man has seen me poop on a table though giving birth, so theres not much to hide. 

Edited by freethemall
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I don't want to nitpick here, but Alyssa's latest instagram post about meeting Maci and maternity photos just made me seriously eye roll. In the post she specifically says she regrets not doing a maternity shoot for each pregnancy and I'm over here thinking, "girl, you take more photos and do more photoshoots than anyone I know!" I know I'm just being silly, but it was a BEC moment for me, lol. Carrying on....

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I don't want to nitpick here, but Alyssa's latest instagram post about meeting Maci and maternity photos just made me seriously eye roll. In the post she specifically says she regrets not doing a maternity shoot for each pregnancy and I'm over here thinking, "girl, you take more photos and do more photoshoots than anyone I know!" I know I'm just being silly, but it was a BEC moment for me, lol. Carrying on....

That's what I thought, too! She is one bored, vain housewife.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

I thought it was interesting she decided post all this stuff about Maci on the day that Josie Announce her pregnancy. It's like she wants all the attention, she didn't even post about Josie's pregnancy only Michael and Kelly did. And the fact that Josie and Alyssa were the closets and kind of "buddies" it very surprising, out of all her sisters you'd think she'd treat Josie different especially since this is Josie's rainbow baby

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I get the impression that Alyssa, Carlin and Josie aren't close at all. I never see them together or interact. Understandable since Alyssa lives across country, but, still...

• Upvote 9

10 hours ago, raayx01 said:

I thought it was interesting she decided post all this stuff about Maci on the day that Josie Announce her pregnancy. It's like she wants all the attention, she didn't even post about Josie's pregnancy only Michael and Kelly did. And the fact that Josie and Alyssa were the closets and kind of "buddies" it very surprising, out of all her sisters you'd think she'd treat Josie different especially since this is Josie's rainbow baby

The Bates sisters seem incredibly toxic and competitive. I see way more closeness in the brothers relationship with each other.

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, raayx01 said:

I saw someone call her out for trying to steal Josie's thunder with her posting the maternity pictures in the comments, and she responded that she had no idea that Josie was going to post until after she had already posted her pictures. I agree with @MaryOrMartha that I don't think Josie and Alyssa are really that close. We never see Josie go visit Alyssa or vice versa. I think with them being buddies they got to learn a little bit of independence which makes them less likely to be close to one another. Alyssa seems much closer with Katie and her brothers, while Josie really only shows that she's close with Katie. I could be wrong, but with the amount that these people post pictures of everything they do, you'd think that we'd see pictures of them together if they were close and hanging out with each other when Alyssa comes to visit.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Josie was close to Alyssa when she was younger. She chose to visit Alyssa in Florida for her 16th birthday. It’s natural that in the past 5 years as they’ve gotten busier that they may have grown apart.

• Upvote 5

When Josie also announced her miscarriage, Alyssa didn't even acknowledge it and kept posting about her baby and her bump which was barely visible at the time.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, raayx01 said:

When Josie also announced her miscarriage, Alyssa didn't even acknowledge it and kept posting about her baby and her bump which was barely visible at the time.

I would imagine that Alyssa offered her sympathies to Kelton and Josie privately.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

The Bates sisters seem incredibly toxic and competitive. I see way more closeness in the brothers relationship with each other.

I think the way quiverful fundies raise their litters breeds toxic competitive relationships. They love to brag how close their children are but they often grow completely apart as adults.  Which tells me they were forced to be close in childhood because they had no other choice. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, HermioneSparrow said:

I don't see all of them toxic,. For example Josie, I think she's not competing with any sister. She has a deep bond with Katie, who (like Lawson) is on good terms with many siblings. But is normal that not all siblings are friends to each other. Different personalities etc. 

Anyway, of course some of them must be competitive and toxic . They have been raised with no parental attention!  Kelly was only focused on pregnancy, so the kids were raised by themselves. Bates children even fought to get the restaurant leftovers of their parents, while Gil and Kelly found it funny. Definitely an insane family!

As far as we know, Carlin was depressed as a teen and Alyssa and Josie suffered stress. How many others suffered similar problems? How they felt when only Erin received attention? Complaining wasn't allowed and the only response they found was to pray and keep sweet.

But it's not only the girls. They are more visible because they are bigger on social networks than the boys. But generally speaking fundie young men are as toxic and competitive as fundie young women! Duggars, Bontragers, the forum is full of examples of their ridiculous manly men contests.

I think the boys look closer because they are all single, still living and working together. But if we were a fly on the wall, sure we will see competitiveness and arguments. 

Edited by Melissa1977
Clarify
  • Upvote 10

Alyssa's father in law was among the House Republicans who objected to the election results even after the white supremacist mob took over the Capitol. 

Treason, as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 21
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, lumpentheologie said:

Alyssa's father in law was among the House Republicans who objected to the election results even after the white supremacist mob took over the Capitol. 

Treason, as far as I'm concerned. 

Yep, that's treason.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Since Alyssa’s pastor basically said he was willing to die to keep Trump president it is safe to say that Alyssa has no issues with what has gone on. 

• Upvote 11
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Since Alyssa’s pastor basically said he was willing to die to keep Trump president it is safe to say that Alyssa has no issues with what has gone on. 

I wonder how much she even cares what's happening. She is so self-absorbed! Yesterday, the Capitol was stormed. The country is shaken. Today, Alyssa posts professional pictures of fourth pregnancy. Does she think people really care?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic