IGNORED

Alyssa and John 7: Laura Ingalls, Something, Something...

samurai_sarah

8 hours ago, indianabones said:

Alyssa served her family fruit and vegetables for dinner! On paper plates, of course, but progress!

It's 4 plates with knives. It wasn't for the girls. I'm sure they had a couple friends for diner. For the girls, sandwitches with cheetos o nuggets with fries is enough. Far are the days Alyssa feed little Allie broccoli and fruit!

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Johannah said:

And steak? At least it’s a start! Maybe she’s taking notes from Erin. 

The Bates' love a steak. 
Gil buys them one after they birth, and when they go out for special events  (like just one or two kids or couples dinners) they get steak...

But hey, I agree with the vegetables and fruit as progress.

• Upvote 2

I was impressed at first until I realized a few things:

1. That steak is clearly so overcooked it's going to taste like leather

2. Steak on paper plates? But with real utensils? Why not use real plates, steak is difficult to cut on paper plates

3. The asparagus is clearly dumped out of a can or jar.

And yeah I doubt this was for the girls, they probably had uncrustables.

• Upvote 9

I can’t snark on her for the tinned asparagus. I love tinned mashed on toast. I also love fresh too. I Do not love my pee after. 
I have to add I have often seen tinned asparagus added to the table at bbqs. I do love fresh cooked on the bbq 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 2

Alyssa's best friend is engaged. Does anyone know if she is related to the Websters? She's tall and all of John's sisters are tall.

• Upvote 2

The bad cooking is also a downside of having kids so young I think.

I had a period where I ate so unhealty because I just learned how to cook but I was lazy and did not have the funds to really experiment. Plus, I enjoyed finally being able to plan my own meals and eat whatever I wanted. But I was a student just having to keep myself (somewhat) alive. 

It is just not the same if you have to take case of kids as well.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

She probably thinks that being able to buy name brand snacks and things like uncrustables is a huge upgrade from the bread smeared with ketchup and called pizza that she grew up with. Plus we know that Kelly didn’t provide the kids with vegetables (and maybe fruit) so maybe the thought doesn’t cross her mind. It’s sad cause her kids are at the perfect age to get them started on liking a variety of foods. 

• Upvote 12

So...needless to say then, Alyssa is not a gourmet.  I saw in the IG story she did of her best friend's bridal shower that at breakfast they served tiny powdered donuts like one might find at the gas station.  Not a gourmet...even if she wants to be a Disney Princess. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I saw that photo - they were made to look like rings.  And I seem to recall that one brand of powdered sugar mini donuts are called 'gems'

• Upvote 3

Alyssa says she's her best friend but she doesn't seem like the type of person Alyssa would be best friends with. She doesn't look as fashion forward as Alyssa's trying to be. I wonder how they met. Church maybe?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

I saw that photo - they were made to look like rings.  And I seem to recall that one brand of powdered sugar mini donuts are called 'gems'

I'm familiar with Dolly Madison brand Donut Gems,

This is from from Amazon. Note the last line:

image.thumb.png.ada5d4d4fc4b6bcb5a8f1ad008c7da29.png

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 3
  • Haha 8

It’s kinda oily fasst food, I know, but now I totally crave doughnuts. Thanks, guys ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

On 12/7/2020 at 4:50 AM, CarrotCake said:

The bad cooking is also a downside of having kids so young I think.

I had a period where I ate so unhealty because I just learned how to cook but I was lazy and did not have the funds to really experiment. Plus, I enjoyed finally being able to plan my own meals and eat whatever I wanted. But I was a student just having to keep myself (somewhat) alive. 

It is just not the same if you have to take case of kids as well.

I’ve always been a healthy eater. My youngest child broke me. As an adult, he is now a very healthy eater, but this kid did not eat a veggie aside from carrots with either a brown sugar or honey glaze until he was SEVENTEEN. He did eat fruit, thank god. Now, he has a very diverse palate. My older kid was a vegetarian until she moved to So America in her early 20s.

• Upvote 9

Another day and another post of Alyssa praising Allie for being a sister mom at 5 1/2 years old.

Spoiler

IMG_20201208_140526.jpg

Edited by HermioneSparrow
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 11
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 3

Another day and another post of Alyssa praising Allie for being a sister mom at 5 1/2 years old.

I really think that the point of the post was to show Allie in her dress and garner a lot of compliments. I guess the "sister mom" thing was her first thought when she thought of her eldest, so she jotted it down. After all, she can't say, "Look, we got a professional photographer and a white backdrop, and my kid looks great in her cheap brown dress provided by my stalker!"

Personally, I wish she'd stop dressing those kids up like dolls and photographing them. Once in a while, fine, but those kids spend a lot of time getting their hair done, wearing elaborate dresses, being told to smile, being told how to pose, while someone shines lights in their eyes and photographs them. We get it, you think your kids are beautiful. We all think that about our kids. I actually think this dress of Allie's is ill-fitting and looks like it's made from cheap, gauzy material. Allie's little face looks uncertain, and I wonder if this is how she wants to spend her time. (Aren't there tons of pictures of her already?) Most five year olds want to be in the playground with their friends, being active and getting dirty.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

I really think that the point of the post was to show Allie in her dress and garner a lot of compliments. I guess the "sister mom" thing was her first thought when she thought of her eldest, so she jotted it down. After all, she can't say, "Look, we got a professional photographer and a white backdrop, and my kid looks great in her cheap brown dress provided by my stalker!"

I'd think that about a different family, but Alyssa did a huge post a while ago about how all her hard work training Allie to get her sisters ready in the morning had finally paid off.  It sounded like basically everything she had done as a mother was working up to that point. 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

I'd think that about a different family, but Alyssa did a huge post a while ago about how all her hard work training Allie to get her sisters ready in the morning had finally paid off.  It sounded like basically everything she had done as a mother was working up to that point. 

Yes, I did see that, and I know she is putting Allie to work at 5. However, I just didn't see how it related to a posed, dressed up photo of Allie. It seems like the standard things fundie say about their kids. 

• Upvote 1

That photo almost feels like a fundified version of toddlers and tiaras. I assume child beauty pageants are a no-go for them, but Alyssa loves dressing her kids up so much and loves doing it herself (she could have had her own pageant stint as a non-fundie), that these cheap dresses and photo sessions are the closest she can get. 

• Upvote 3

And her showing Lexie, who is not even 4 yet, cursive writing. Can she wipe herself, speak clearly, brush her own teeth and tie her shoes? If not, work on more age appropriate skills.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

On 12/7/2020 at 2:59 PM, mstee said:

She probably thinks that being able to buy name brand snacks and things like uncrustables is a huge upgrade from the bread smeared with ketchup and called pizza that she grew up with. Plus we know that Kelly didn’t provide the kids with vegetables (and maybe fruit) so maybe the thought doesn’t cross her mind. It’s sad cause her kids are at the perfect age to get them started on liking a variety of foods. 

She had a full pinterest board of healthy recipes before marrying. She feed baby Allie healthy foods. Her junk-food love is because she's lazy or overwhelmed and because any of them gets overweight. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Personally, I wish she'd stop dressing those kids up like dolls and photographing them. Once in a while, fine, but those kids spend a lot of time getting their hair done, wearing elaborate dresses, being told to smile, being told how to pose, while someone shines lights in their eyes and photographs them. We get it, you think your kids are beautiful. We all think that about our kids. I actually think this dress of Allie's is ill-fitting and looks like it's made from cheap, gauzy material. Allie's little face looks uncertain, and I wonder if this is how she wants to spend her time. (Aren't there tons of pictures of her already?) Most five year olds want to be in the playground with their friends, being active and getting dirty.

Agree! Her daughters are cute but most of their photoshoots show cheap dresses and the pictures are not specially flattering. Instead of 20 cheap dresses, why not 1 quality Sunday dress? Children do not die from repeating their outfits! I understand buying cheap (I do!), but they will never look well-off with that dresses. I think people mock them in their church and gossip about what new dress they are wearing every Sunday.

Instead of weekly identical boring pictures where only Alyssa looks well, why not posting candid pictures (children in the park, in the garden, whatever)? 

For example, the last baby announcement photoshoot was really nice. If they are having a couple good-quality photoshoots a year, no need for more. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

She had a full pinterest board of healthy recipes before marrying. She feed baby Allie healthy foods. Her junk-food love is because she's lazy or overwhelmed and because any of them gets overweight. 

Well that stinks. I figured she was not the brightest and gave her the benefit of the doubt. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And her showing Lexie, who is not even 4 yet, cursive writing. Can she wipe herself, speak clearly, brush her own teeth and tie her shoes? If not, work on more age appropriate skills.

It’s because they are using Abeka. That curriculum teaches cursive writing from the beginning

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Agree! Her daughters are cute but most of their photoshoots show cheap dresses and the pictures are not specially flattering. Instead of 20 cheap dresses, why not 1 quality Sunday dress? Children do not die from repeating their outfits! I understand buying cheap (I do!), but they will never look well-off with that dresses. I think people mock them in their church and gossip about what new dress they are wearing every Sunday.

Instead of weekly identical boring pictures where only Alyssa looks well, why not posting candid pictures (children in the park, in the garden, whatever)? 

For example, the last baby announcement photoshoot was really nice. If they are having a couple good-quality photoshoots a year, no need for more. 

I have noticed that many bloggers with many small kids, get professional photos more than once a YEAR. I’ve often wondered if they buy or receive gratis at least one photo from each shoot, and if so, what the families do with all those photos? Beyond at family weddings, we never had a professional family photo. What would we have done with yearly professional photos? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I have noticed that many bloggers with many small kids, get professional photos more than once a YEAR. I’ve often wondered if they buy or receive gratis at least one photo from each shoot, and if so, what the families do with all those photos? Beyond at family weddings, we never had a professional family photo. What would we have done with yearly professional photos? 

I have a lot of friends with young kids who get professional photos done for Christmas cards every year. Most only do photos that one time per year, but some do professional photos for each kid's birthday too, and some randomly throughout the year. I know some get prints made but I think a lot just share them on social media for friends and family to see. 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic