IGNORED

M is for Mama 9: Mom of Ten, Dislikes Them All

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

As for "A date night with my equally tired partner" - if you're both tired then stay the hell home for crying out loud! Get takeaway, have a glass or wine, watch Netlfix. Sheesh, it is not bloody mandatory to go out because it's Date Night, even less during a bloody pandemic. 

I don't think Shaun has the balls to say no. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

Date night? During a pandemic??? Are they fucking nuts??? 

Rufus H Deer...are they really that stupid? I know #1 son and wife would LOVE to go out and it'd be so easy considering grandma lives downstairs...but...nope...they stay their asses home. They've not been out and about for over a year now, from the time they found out baby A was on the way, and little one was here. So...I'm sure they'd love to go out and get their party on...but they're RESPONSIBLE adults and stay the hell home. 

I seriously just can't with that dumb bitch

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, SuperNova said:

How do you let your children know they're a HUGE inconvenience to your life in a god honoring way? Simple. Tell them that they're a sanctifying nuisance. Seriously, she actually calls her children a nuisance.

It's so hard to understand how a woman with 10 kids expects good behavior with minimal parenting. Why does she have such high expectations from infants and toddlers? Babies cry, kids forget books and fail tests, fender benders happen. None of these things are unique, they're just life happening. Everything doesn't have to be an excruciating trial. She believes that the struggle is real because she was tired on date night. Never mind the millions of out if work moms and dads doing thier best to keep food on the table during a pandemic. Abbie was tired on date night. The audacity if this woman is staggering.

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-12-05-13-00-59.png.f526e18aebdae4055ca3e90f28b5e445.pngScreenshot_2020-12-05-13-01-06.thumb.png.3fdc50140c0bb88f6f0317f9340c8189.pngScreenshot_2020-12-05-13-01-13.thumb.png.3115e417ba1864f9a8c92d07981bf37d.pngScreenshot_2020-12-05-13-01-18.png.9ef087544af748169efbba14119e375b.png

I do call my kids nuisances, to their faces... while cuddling them and laughing. "You're a nuisance child! What am I going to do with you? I know! I'm going to tickle you!"

I think what I don't get the most is the not comforting them. Yes, babies can be frustrating, they don't speak the language and they're not logical. It's natural to need to step away sometimes, or to have to let them cry because something more vital needs to be dealt with first. But not comforting them and not doing it because... you want to take a picture to complain about them on Instagram? It's just unsettling.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 4

I’ve never seen anybody take so many pictures of crying newborns. Baby pictures, with the exception of Santa pictures, are usually of calm, or happy, or sleeping, or gassy, or naked, or.....just not freaking out.....babies. Because when teeny tiny babies are upset, you don’t take pictures, you COMFORT THEM.

A 2 year old playing with their doll knows this better than Braggy does.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

I still don't understand why the Twins needed surgery at this age. They've been nursing, growing and gaining for 2 months. She's an experienced mom with other kids that needed tongue releases so she must have realized earlier if they really needed it. Why did she wait until now? Probably because she was too busy traveling to get it done earlier. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, anachronistic said:

I’ve never seen anybody take so many pictures of crying newborns. Baby pictures, with the exception of Santa pictures, are usually of calm, or happy, or sleeping, or gassy, or naked, or.....just not freaking out.....babies. Because when teeny tiny babies are upset, you don’t take pictures, you COMFORT THEM.

A 2 year old playing with their doll knows this better than Braggy does.  

I just looked at one of my only pictures of my older son crying as a 1 year old. It was his first time going out in the snow and I bundled him up Like Randy on “A Christmas Story.” He was my first child so I thought he had to be really warm for his first time in the snow. I was taking a bunch of pictures of his reaction to the snow and at first, he was just staring around. But then the wind blew and he hated it. So he started to cry as I was taking a bunch of pics. The result is the cutest little fat cheeked face bundled up to the gills, crying in the snow. I never once went and got my camera/phone to take a picture of a crying kid. That picture just happened on accident. But it’s one of my favorites because he’s just so darn cute. I just showed the picture to my son who is now 8 and he about fell over laughing. He loves it. But typically when my child cried, I was trying help console him or figure out the problem. So the camera was the last thing on my mind.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 7

9 hours ago, JMO said:

I still don't understand why the Twins needed surgery at this age. They've been nursing, growing and gaining for 2 months. She's an experienced mom with other kids that needed tongue releases so she must have realized earlier if they really needed it. Why did she wait until now? Probably because she was too busy traveling to get it done earlier. 

That's what I was wondering...Baby had a tongue tie and we had it clipped when she was *5 days* old because it interfered with her nursing.  The LC found it.  It was literally a 10 min procedure and she eat immediately afterward.  Why would you wait that long to take care of a tongue tie if it needed to be taken care of?

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

That's what I was wondering...Baby had a tongue tie and we had it clipped when she was *5 days* old because it interfered with her nursing.  The LC found it.  It was literally a 10 min procedure and she eat immediately afterward.  Why would you wait that long to take care of a tongue tie if it needed to be taken care of?

Why did Zoo wait months for Chloe to get hers done while she still fit into doll clothes at the age of 5 months? I’ll never understand the thought process of these quiverful fools. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

Crying babies...Lordy...I kept baby A tonight...she's the type of baby that will scream bloody murder to avoid going to sleep. So, she cried and cried because she was sleepy but wouldn't give up. Did I grab a camera to take pictures of my screaming granddaughter? Nope...I held her, rocked her, changed her diaper, jiggled her, held her some more, rubbed her back, lather, rinse, repeat. She would doze off and wake herself back up. Now I want to go to bed...she wore me right out. BUT...again, I was not snapping pictures of my 4 month old granddaughter screaming her head off...I was way too busy trying to find a way to console her. Braggie...if a baby is crying, cuddle it, feed it, change it...even if they cry while you're holding them, they learn that they're not alone when they're upset and crying...that there's someone there who gives a damn. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 11

8 hours ago, feministxtian said:

Crying babies...Lordy...I kept baby A tonight...she's the type of baby that will scream bloody murder to avoid going to sleep. So, she cried and cried because she was sleepy but wouldn't give up. Did I grab a camera to take pictures of my screaming granddaughter? Nope...I held her, rocked her, changed her diaper, jiggled her, held her some more, rubbed her back, lather, rinse, repeat. She would doze off and wake herself back up. Now I want to go to bed...she wore me right out. BUT...again, I was not snapping pictures of my 4 month old granddaughter screaming her head off...I was way too busy trying to find a way to console her. Braggie...if a baby is crying, cuddle it, feed it, change it...even if they cry while you're holding them, they learn that they're not alone when they're upset and crying...that there's someone there who gives a damn. 

Years ago, one of my sisters-in-law brought her toddler for a short visit. We were living in Texas and she lived in Alaska, so I was impressed with her willingness to make the long trip with a toddler and without her partner. (She was on her way to visit another of my sisters-in-law who also lived in Texas.) I volunteered to watch C while she and my partner (her brother) went out so she could have a short break. The theory was that C was exhausted so he would just nap. I put a clean comforter on the carpeted living room floor along with some pillows to make a kind of an impromptu pen. My plan was to read while he slept.

C was inconsolable when his mother left. He stopped crying when I picked him up to hold him, but still looked very tired and sad. I didn't have a lot of experience with children his age but no way was I going to let the little guy cry himself out. I had a vague idea that maybe hearing my heartbeat would lull him to sleep, so I lay down on the sofa and put him on top of me with his head on my chest, pillowed on my breast. He went to sleep immediately so I lay on the couch reading my paperback until his mother got home. It wasn't actually all that uncomfortable aside from the not moving for a long period of time. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 20

People with a few young kids can tune out kids whingeing and whining more easily than other people. You have to or you go mad, or can’t drive anywhere and concentrate. I think she has reached the peak of tuning  out crying after so many kids!

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 6

Crying in the car is a hard one. My son hated his carseat and cried a lot in it when he was a baby. I would try singing to him etc when we were driving. It made me feel really upset but ultimately I did have to tune it out sometimes to stay same while driving. We needed to go somewhere and he had to be safe on his  carseat. But that was the only time I let him cry by himself. Otherwise I was always holding him and trying to comfort him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

It was actually pretty rare I went anywhere further than a 15 minute drive when my kids were babies/toddlers. Both have pretty extreme car sickness issues and crying just made it worse. If we went anywhere more than 15 minutes, they would vomit all over. Babies and toddlers don’t barf into barf bags so I would usually just try to cover them in a blanket to catch it. But I have hosed out car seats many many times. Even in the middle of winter. I’m glad they are now old enough to use barf bags. Dramamine makes them tired so we rarely use it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It was actually pretty rare I went anywhere further than a 15 minute drive when my kids were babies/toddlers. Both have pretty extreme car sickness issues and crying just made it worse. If we went anywhere more than 15 minutes, they would vomit all over. Babies and toddlers don’t barf into barf bags so I would usually just try to cover them in a blanket to catch it. But I have hosed out car seats many many times. Even in the middle of winter. I’m glad they are now old enough to use barf bags. Dramamine makes them tired so we rarely use it. 

My poor 2yr old vomited for the first time ever (like, ever, ever) after traveling for 45 minutes from our Annual Christmas Tree farm adventure a couple weeks ago. Poor fella! I felt horrible!! 

• Sad 3
  • Love 3

33 minutes ago, Zommom said:

My poor 2yr old vomited for the first time ever (like, ever, ever) after traveling for 45 minutes from our Annual Christmas Tree farm adventure a couple weeks ago. Poor fella! I felt horrible!! 

I will never forget the time my son threw up yogurt and pickles in the car. That smell stayed in the car for weeks! ?

• Disgust 8
  • Sad 3

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I will never forget the time my son threw up yogurt and pickles in the car. That smell stayed in the car for weeks! ?

Yes, but was it sanctifying yogurt pickle barf?

Abbie has been having a tough time. I really wish she would seek a therapist, even a Christian one because she has the idea that feelings and emotions cant be trusted at all. To a certain extent she's right, they're fickle. But that doesn't mean you should stuff them down and pray.

Abbie doesn't really seem to harp too much on modesty. I guess I assumed it was part and parcel with the rest of the Jesus speak but here she's pictured with a very short baby doll dress. It's fine by my standards, I think everyone should wear what they want. It is surprising however that a preachy christian kool aid drinker like Abbie would find it appropriate to wear a short dress/thigh high boot combo.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-12-07-11-18-22.png.91358a2c9e43ee7cd7cdaec22051e63c.pngScreenshot_2020-12-07-11-19-32.thumb.png.3b63d1c93956fdc1739b69eb84fb3239.pngScreenshot_2020-12-07-11-19-38.png.19d0d78f693e44c231ccf9f6c659bf8c.png

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Yes, but was it sanctifying yogurt pickle barf?

Abbie has been having a tough time. I really wish she would seek a therapist, even a Christian one because she has the idea that feelings and emotions cant be trusted at all. To a certain extent she's right, they're fickle. But that doesn't mean you should stuff them down and pray.

Abbie doesn't really seem to harp too much on modesty. I guess I assumed it was part and parcel with the rest of the Jesus speak but here she's pictured with a very short baby doll dress. It's fine by my standards, I think everyone should wear what they want. It is surprising however that a preachy christian kool aid drinker like Abbie would find it appropriate to wear a short dress/thigh high boot combo.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2020-12-07-11-18-22.png.91358a2c9e43ee7cd7cdaec22051e63c.pngScreenshot_2020-12-07-11-19-32.thumb.png.3b63d1c93956fdc1739b69eb84fb3239.pngScreenshot_2020-12-07-11-19-38.png.19d0d78f693e44c231ccf9f6c659bf8c.png

That dress looks like PJs, and is ridiculous for December. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

I am so, so glad my child didn't (and doesn't) get carsick - we had on average weekly hospital appointments at the hospital 45 minutes away for the first year after he came home - I probably would have ended up torching the car to try and get the smell out! 

15 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

I wish she would too because I suspect a lot is being passed directly on to the kids, and that she would do better with some non-Instagram based coping strategies. 

Just now, SassyPants said:

That dress looks like PJs, and is ridiculous for December. 

I am laughing at myself because I completely forgot December is winter where Abbie is and was wondering why it was wrong. It'd be fine for this morning here - a bit chilly right now, but likely to rise when the cloud burns off.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

I am so, so glad my child didn't (and doesn't) get carsick - we had on average weekly hospital appointments at the hospital 45 minutes away for the first year after he came home - I probably would have ended up torching the car to try and get the smell out! 

I wish she would too because I suspect a lot is being passed directly on to the kids, and that she would do better with some non-Instagram based coping strategies. 

I am laughing at myself because I completely forgot December is winter where Abbie is and was wondering why it was wrong. It'd be fine for this morning here - a bit chilly right now, but likely to rise when the cloud burns off.

Lol, yes...it’s going into winter in the Northern Hemisphere. ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

I wear shorts in the winter when it’s above freezing ?

What can I say? I’m hot blooded! And fat. So I have lots of insulation.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

One of my earliest childhood memories is going to the laundromat with my mom and two siblings in our tiny car in which one of us had recently thrown up in the backseat. We had washer/dryer in our home, so this was a week when the washer broke and a kid threw up in the car and it was summer. There is still a certain industrial cleaner that brings this memory back.

I just went back and looked through the first couple months of Baby Other's life this year. I know I had some crying pictures as I was trying to get DIY at home newborn pictures during the pandemic, but I must've deleted those. And when he started crying I stopped the photo attempts and grabbed him. The only crying photo I could find was of him in a little "baby's first hockey season" onesie. He's being held and comforted by OtherDad but is still angry. I think we sent it to my brother who gave us the outfit and wrote a joke about it because hockey was cancelled with the pandemic and Baby Other was sad about it or something. 

I'll never get over them continuing to have weekly date nights out with newborn twins in a pandemic. Such a risk.

• Upvote 9

OK -- BEC but I really, really hate that she dresses all the girls in matching dresses.  They are not triplets, and twins or not, children are individuals, not mirror images of each other.  Same hate goes for matching mother -daughter dresses.

The short dress thigh-high boots is Braggie's way of signalling she's a hip oh-so-cool young mama who's still smokin' hot and has it going on.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

25 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

OK -- BEC but I really, really hate that she dresses all the girls in matching dresses.  They are not triplets, and twins or not, children are individuals, not mirror images of each other.  Same hate goes for matching mother -daughter dresses.

The short dress thigh-high boots is Braggie's way of signalling she's a hip oh-so-cool young mama who's still smokin' hot and has it going on.

My mom loved to make matching dresses for my sister and me on holidays. Our Easter dresses or Christmas dresses often matched. We both hated it. I rarely dress my boys in matching clothing because I remember hating how I matched my sister. But I did buy them matching sweaters this year for Christmas Day. Because I knew they would both love this sweater and if I didn’t buy it for both, the one without the sweater would be very jealous (it’s a Minecraft Christmas sweater). 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

26 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I agree with all of this. Like I said, everyone should wear what they want, but just because you can doesn't mean you should. I always remember what Clinton Kelly and Stacy London had to say about short skirts on women over 35, don't try and compete with 20 because 20 always wins. 

I'm smaller than Abbie and could wear what she's wearing but it looks like an outfit for a 20-something with no kids. Like how do you bend over to pick up a car seat in that thing?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

I’m totally fine with Braggie’s outfit. The only issue is that it’s December and the dress looks summery. I love women wearing whatever they choose (not what the patriarchy chooses). But unfortunately I know that Braggie tries way too hard to be young, hip, and cool so it makes me wonder if that was her motivation. Which is just sad.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic