IGNORED

M is for Mama 9: Mom of Ten, Dislikes Them All

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, Kailash said:

I apologize, I misunderstood. Thanks for summarizing ACB’s Instagram post.

No worries:) I apologize if my response sounded snotty. Sometimes it's hard to gauge the tone when typing instead of speaking.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

No worries:) I apologize if my response sounded snotty. Sometimes it's hard to gauge the tone when typing instead of speaking.

No, I’m just an idiot. I thought ACB was Abbie, until I realized her last name starts with an H. That post of mine was a hot mess, start to finish. I’m sorry for saying anything. (I’m slinking off to be mortified alone.) 

• Love 3

22 hours ago, feministxtian said:

They're both still pretty much avoiding that slowing down to reflect on things. 

Yes, so common. I've actually heard people refer to it as not giving the devil time to whisper in your ear ?

4 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Are you in the market for chic, stylish bubble machine? 

I'll grant that it's obviously more unobtrusive, but bubble machines are never 'chic' - so much trying too hard!

• Upvote 4

My new theory is that Abbie wants the family to be infected with Covid-19. Just think of the martyr that would make her! Just think of the detailed posts of everyone's symptoms and suffering and how she struggles along because it's her jam and hard isn't the same as bad.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

This is what is going on in East Texas, while Covidiot Extraordinaire Braggie and her Covidiot friends are still going to church and having Christmas parties.  

https://www.kltv.com/2020/12/17/tylerlongview-area-hospitals-cross-percent-mark-covid-cases-rd-straight-day/

Is "capacity rollbacks" basically saying "this hospital cannot provide trauma or other  services because we are too busy coping with covid patients"? (It's phrased differently here but I forget how). 

2 hours ago, So-Virgin-It-Hurts said:

My new theory is that Abbie wants the family to be infected with Covid-19. Just think of the martyr that would make her! Just think of the detailed posts of everyone's symptoms and suffering and how she struggles along because it's her jam and hard isn't the same as bad.

I think Abbie just wants out, and this is a socially understood way that would give her that (or so her overwhelmed brain thinks). And yes, she would 100% martyr herself unless she was unconscious on a vent.

• Upvote 6

Not only did Abbie wreck the new van, she also damaged the one that she borrowed back from the friend she sold it to.

The entire post reads like a cry for help and it's sad. One of Abbie's asshole friends "threw" Abbie's own "best" advice back in her face. I'm sorry but telling someone who's hanging by a thread that "this too shall pass" is incredibly unhelpful. Abbie desparately needs more than grace and mercy. She needs a licensed therapist and meds.

Spoiler

Screenshot_2020-12-18-11-51-43.png.4196530274f15423031be1afad296bcc.pngScreenshot_2020-12-18-11-51-51.png.848b4a20b570410819dc2685dcb005fd.pngScreenshot_2020-12-18-11-52-03.thumb.png.a4e14e839ad932e68d27906d24d646c1.png

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

36 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Not only did Abbie wreck the new van, she also damaged the one that she borrowed back from the friend she sold it to.

The entire post reads like a cry for help and it's sad. One of Abbie's asshole friends "threw" Abbie's own "best" advice back in her face. I'm sorry but telling someone who's hanging by a thread that "this too shall pass" is incredibly unhelpful. Abbie desparately needs more than grace and mercy. She needs a licensed therapist and meds.

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-12-18-11-51-43.png.4196530274f15423031be1afad296bcc.pngScreenshot_2020-12-18-11-51-51.png.848b4a20b570410819dc2685dcb005fd.pngScreenshot_2020-12-18-11-52-03.thumb.png.a4e14e839ad932e68d27906d24d646c1.png

I truly wish she would get therapy because the therapist would probably ask her why she wants more children when she’s already drowning. Why she felt she had to go to church when her husband and three sibling parents were out of town. Why she felt the need to constantly make her life harder than it needed to be. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 14

Well that's Karma for you. Abby tells other people who are unhappy that this too will pass and now she's being told that herself.

I don't know if therapy can fix Abby. Her problems seem less psychological and more just offshoots of her beliefs. I think if she saw a therapist, the therapist would suggest changes that she wouldn't listen to. 

I like that she is holding one of her children in the picture. I feel like that's rare for her, but that might be wrong. 

• Upvote 8

She rarely holds one of her children..

If Della (I though it was Delia?) had been there Braggie would be child holding frre

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I truly wish she would get therapy because the therapist would probably ask her why she wants more children when she’s already drowning. Why she felt she had to go to church when her husband and three sibling parents were out of town. Why she felt the need to constantly make her life harder than it needed to be. 

I know she doesn't deserve it and that she's a horrible person, but I genuinely felt bad reading today's post. She really does need more than Jesus and it's disgusting that she engages in a religion that has taught her that seeking help is bad and suffering is good. She went to church because it's her lifeline. It's what makes helps her make sense of her self imposed chaos. If its not all for the glory of her asshole tyrannical god, then what is it all worth? 

• Upvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 7

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

I know she doesn't deserve it and that she's a horrible person, but I genuinely felt bad reading today's post. She really does need more than Jesus and it's disgusting that she engages in a religion that has taught her that seeking help is bad and suffering is good. She went to church because it's her lifeline. It's what makes helps her make sense of her self imposed chaos. If its not all for the glory of her asshole tyrannical god, then what is it all worth? 

There were days when my son was a toddler and my husband was traveling for work that I made sure we got to church on Sunday or for my midweek Bible study just so the nursery workers could care for him and let me breathe a bit. But I have had one kid to wrangle, not 7, and Abbie at least keeps the twins with her if not the others, so that's not really a break for her. I agree she needs help, but she needs to want it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

My friend, with only one kid, was having a lot of trouble getting to church. I told her that the chaplain (we are military families) does housecalls, but she told me that her "friends" had already admonished her for thinking about a housecall. If Abbie's pastor cared about her (or how he would appear in her book), he would call and offer to come to her home and check on her and offer her whatever spiritual help (communion, bible study, something!) she needed to feel whole.

@ozlsn and @SuperNova I am 100% with you: these are cries for help.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

On 12/16/2020 at 3:46 PM, SuperNova said:

After a long spell of crickets from Abbie, she's back with her annual Christmas list. Times are hard for her and you all should be grateful that she threw this together at the 11th hour. The list is chock full of cheap Amazon crap that was made in overseas sweatshops. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-12-16-13-05-13.png.1f6d93061fe98305d97a936c42ae7598.png

I'll save you the trouble and the clicks for Abbie by summarizing. The list includes a range of trinkets to stuff in a drawer the day after Christmas and forget about, like keychains, headbands, cheap trendy necklaces, and earrings. She has a few higher ticket items like a charging station, a hair dryer, and 70 dollar wellies but those are exceptions.

First up is a link to a mug version of the shirt she was wearing in the vaccuum post. Just FYI it's Notorious RBG not ACB. ACB isn't fit to lick RBG's boots.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2020-12-16-13-10-13.png.0fe07c6ee39da37a392db693a6addfd4.png

Next up we have Abbie's ugly overalls. But they're linen! Yes Abbie, I'm sure everyone is just clambering to find out where you got those hideous things. 18 dollar linen will be a shapeless mess in no time.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2020-12-16-13-10-03.png.b67e3bbed77ae0612a16f4df82e69b42.png

Are you in the market for chic, stylish bubble machine? Well look no further! Abbie's got you covered. Or if you're a martyr like her, you can make the huge sacrifice and get the one that your kid actually wants.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2020-12-16-13-08-10.png.cdac0c644f1b1c8bb4446727d88efc60.pngScreenshot_2020-12-16-13-08-14.png.56c25318626618e2cc404b42dc2547ca.png

Last but not least, cringey t-shirts for your hubby. I'm sure every woman in a five mile radius is jealous of Abbie whenever Shaun has one of these bad boys on.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_2020-12-16-13-07-20.thumb.png.199ab63ff9ea5e38ce03ac6e540da1ba.png

A fender bender is hardly a "car wreck", jfc. This woman.

• Upvote 4

Thousands of people died of Coronavirus this week. I feel bad for them and their families. Abby chose this life and she happens to be stressed.  She likes being miserable. She doesn't wear a mask and she doesn't social distance. She can't support Black Lives Matter, because she hates the LGBTQ+ community.  She has no real empathy for anyone, even her own babies.  She could hire a therapist, and a maid, and a nanny. She just likes to miserable!  

• Upvote 16

I find comfort in the "this is just the season I'm in right now" statement. I am not a person who enjoys the baby stage, but I adore the older stages starting around age 4, and for the past 10 years, I've had a baby under 4 (three girls, oldest is now 10, youngest just turned 4). As I stand in the shallow end of the pool holding a toddler and everybody else is having a ton of fun, I think "this is the season I'm in right now." As I'm up in the night for the second time in the night and the four hundred billionth time in a decade, I think, "this is the season I'm in right now." When I can't join my church services because the baby is scared, well, that's just for now, and it's not going to be forever.

My youngest turned 4 last week and I have been feeling this season easing for the last year or two and it is a relief to me and my life is rich and my children are wonderful and I am very happy I chose the path I did, even if I didn't like that season. 

Here's the thing, though: this isn't just a season for Abby. She's going to have as many children as possible for the rest of her life. She's likely not going to have twin infants again anytime soon, but even if she doesn't have anymore kids, she's going to have toddlers throwing fits about seatbelts forever, and she's going to be juggling homeschooling for at least another 18 years. I'm guessing she's not going to stop trying to have more and more babies. It's not a season. It's the whole damn year. And if there's no light at the end of that "this is just the season I'm in right now" tunnel, it's a horrible thing to say to yourself.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 7

With my first, it was so hard to see a light at the end of the tunnel. Because he was my first and I knew my second would likely be just as hard. My second was actually harder. I couldn’t believe it. He was the hardest preschooler I’ve ever dealt with. And I’ve babysat and nannied a bunch of preschoolers. Now that he’s 5.5 and having less potty accidents (no longer daily #2 accidents) and he’s throwing less tantrums,  I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. But when I had 2 young ones, hearing this season of life would pass didn’t help. Because I knew it would be years. And that was just depressing to think about. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 14

Toilet training is the pits, especially when there are any additional issues. I have said "this will be the year it comes together!" every year for... 6 years now.  And every time it's an inch forward after what looks like a multistep tango to get there.

On 12/19/2020 at 2:17 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

She just likes to miserable!  

Even if she does like to be miserable (and I doubt that where she is right now is the wallowing in misery kind - more like a black hole that she is struggling to get out of) I wish she would get help because this is affecting her kids in a very negative way.  Personally I hope that this point is a new low that causes Shaun to at least consider permanent contraception, because adding more children to this mess is likely to be digging new levels of hell. Getting her out of the pregnancy/breastfeeding/exhaustion fog would help a lot.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

@FunFunFundie I know what you mean. While I loved my babies, I do not love the baby stage. I find it oppressive. My son is almost 5 and my daughter is 18 months and I am so looking forward to her growing up a bit so we can do more fun stuff all together. If I knew I was going to have baby after baby for the next several years, I think I would have a mental breakdown.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 1

On 12/18/2020 at 7:16 PM, SuperNova said:

And why on earth would her husband leave her alone with all the kids.  There is absolutely no good reason for him not to be home helping her.  She has got to be physically and mentally spent.  I don’t care what kind of an ass she is but she needs help.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I love my kids...BUT I really didn't enjoy the baby/toddler stage. Yeah, they were cute and did funny things but I like 'em better when they speak English and wipe their own butts. Wasn't crazy about the teenage years either but they're great adults. Why I quit having kids...I was tired, grumpy, worn out and over it. If I'd had to do one more parent-teacher conference, one more homework overseen, I think I'd have totally lost it. I mean, I haven't minded doing the remote schooling with little one, but honestly, when she'd catch her little attitude I was SO glad I did not have to deal with it long term. Hell, my puppy is frustrating me at times right now. She's 100% on the housebreaking, but we're still working on "come", "sit", "stay", basic commands. Fortunately granddog (Sadie's BFF) is well trained...sort of...and Sadie follows along. The shitty part is the granddog is a border collie and tries to herd the cats...constantly. Sadie follows along. I'll let y'all imagine the chaos of that. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 6

I’m surprised Braggie’s mom wasn’t around while Shaun and the three oldest other parents were gone. She’s always around to ease her load it seems. She sends multiple kids to her house for weekends. Why didn’t she send some of them that weekend? It makes me wonder if Braggie’s mom has been sick. I’ve honestly been thinking about the way Braggie lives. And it would surprise the hell out of me if she has not given her mother covid yet. I hope her mother stays healthy and never gets covid. But Braggie is all over the place maskless and socializing. Then expecting her mother to watch her kids all the time. 

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

And why on earth would her husband leave her alone with all the kids.  There is absolutely no good reason for him not to be home helping her.  She has got to be physically and mentally spent.  I don’t care what kind of an ass she is but she needs help.

Because he’s the ‘fun dad’ and focuses on the kids that are easy to  ‘babysit’.  Ten bucks says he’s never had to watch all of his kids without any help. He would have no idea what to do.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Because he’s the ‘fun dad’ and focuses on the kids that are easy to  ‘babysit’.  Ten bucks says he’s never had to watch all of his kids without any help. He would have no idea what to do.

I can’t stand husbands like that. My husband was expected to do as much childcare as me when he was off work. He’s never had any issues watching our kids on his own. Yes, the house is way messier than when I’m around. But he knows how to take care of his kids. He never even texts me while I’m gone with questions. Because he takes care of them just as much as me when I’m home. So he knows exactly what to do.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic