IGNORED

M is for Mama 9: Mom of Ten, Dislikes Them All

nelliebelle1197

OMG, that dirty vacuum water...:puke-front:   It looks like the results of something that hasn't been cleaned in months.  I'm not even that big of a clean freak, but that is just disgusting.  If she had half a brain she'd get those Ruggable rugs I see advertised online that you can just fold up and throw in the washer.  But no, she has to have fancy vintage wool rugs because it has to be hard so she can be a martyr. :2wankers:

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, The butcher's wife said:

Right? That is one of the things that always irks me about her monday to-do-list: she regularly comes on to claim that monday is her busy day and that she does way less most other days, so don't beat yourself up if you're not as productive as Braggie! But that list regularly features things like "vacuum downstairs" and "clean downstairs bathroom". You better believe that if 12 people (well, 9 toilet-users, probably) lived in my house, that bathroom would need daily cleaning. I already have the vacuum robot do its thing 3 times a week and there's just two of us in our apartment. Anyways, the logistics of that don't line up. Either her house is filthy the rest of the week or her army of child labourers do the cleaning the rest of the time. Judging by this post, Simon is not only the main cook but the main vacuumer as well.

Also, the picture of the dirt they got out of their rugs was legit disgusting. Noone with this many children and two dogs should have wool rugs in their main living area. It's quite obvious that can only turn out gross.

Simon should have knowledge about tents, fishing gear and baseball mitts not vacuums at his age.  This is out and out  abusive.  The worst is his father condones what is going on.  

Edited by Tatar-tot
  • Upvote 10

13 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

Does anyone else look at her carpet and think "trip hazard?"

When she stacks them three on top of each other? Hell yes. It’s ridiculous. When my kids were little, we had some rugs for them to play on. And it was practical. But they weren’t fancy rugs. They were basically there to do one job and that was to act as a comfortable play space. They got stained and wrecked as you would imagine. I can’t imagine having big expensive rugs stacked on top of each other just asking to be spilled and peed on by puppies. She makes so much extra work for herself. Less rugs would mean less work. But she’s a martyr so she is purposefully making things harder for herself.

• Upvote 6

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When she stacks them three on top of each other? Hell yes. It’s ridiculous. When my kids were little, we had some rugs for them to play on. And it was practical. But they weren’t fancy rugs. They were basically there to do one job and that was to act as a comfortable play space. They got stained and wrecked as you would imagine. I can’t imagine having big expensive rugs stacked on top of each other just asking to be spilled and peed on by puppies. She makes so much extra work for herself. Less rugs would mean less work. But she’s a martyr so she is purposefully making things harder for herself.

I’m telling you she’s not emotionally healthy. Can you imagine what a dysfunctional hell hole that house is? I feel so sorry for those kids. Cue Abbie in her oddly shaped closet hanging wallpaper or contact papering her microwave or dryer while the dog pees on the floor and the babies cry nonstop. 

• Upvote 14

BEC - it kills me that the tree ornaments, the Christmas knick knacks, the stockings....EVERYTHING is color coordinated in HER colors, the colors SHE likes.  The kids probably don't realize other colors besides shades of teal, coral, beige and brown exist.  I wonder if she goes through their crayon boxes and takes out all the non-approved colors.  It's just so twee to the gazillionth power.  

And her stupid shirt quote was said in reference to Amy Coney Barrett, who is a devout Catholic, which means Braggie probably doesn't even think she's really a Christian so WTH?  

• Upvote 10

12 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

BEC - it kills me that the tree ornaments, the Christmas knick knacks, the stockings....EVERYTHING is color coordinated in HER colors, the colors SHE likes.  The kids probably don't realize other colors besides shades of teal, coral, beige and brown exist.  I wonder if she goes through their crayon boxes and takes out all the non-approved colors.  It's just so twee to the gazillionth power.  

And her stupid shirt quote was said in reference to Amy Coney Barrett, who is a devout Catholic, which means Braggie probably doesn't even think she's really a Christian so WTH?  

Yep, worried about the window dressing minutiae, but doesn’t seem to grasp what is really important. As an example, all the twee decor in a home that has an unsafe floor plan and half assed bones ( incomplete or poor quality). And her kids, yikes. She just has misplaced and malformed priorities.

• Upvote 6

11 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Tongue tie may easily lead to speech issues and to teeth problems. If the surgery is needed, it's ok to do the soonest the better.

I know Abbie is focused in herself and not in her children, but breasfeeding may also help to improve immune system of such tiny babies, so I understand a mom choosing surgery in order to keep nursing. In addition, bottle milk is expensive and washing bottles is time consuming (and considering how dirty Abbie is, I would be scared of babies feed from not properly washed bottles).

Thank you! I know it's me being hyper sensitive but I keep taking criticism of her bfing twins personally. 

I got so much bs for bfing my twins I get snappy. 

"Oh you're tired? Well if you gave them bottles you wouldn't have that problem ?" um, I'm pretty sure I need to be awake to bottle feed too.

Their latch was bad and bfing was hard. "We'll that's just your fault for not giving them bottles."

Formula is fucking expensive. "Well that's what you get for having twins". Kewl, if it happens again I'll just sell one ?

"Just use a breast pump". Ok but that is more work than just bfing and pumping and bfing are very different. Eta: Not everyone can pump and pump output does not equal breastmilk capacity ?.

I got their lip and tongue ties released and was criticized for doing it because I wouldn't have needed to if I just gave them bottles. Etc etc.

I'm not Abbie. I love my twins, they come first in everything I do but with ppptsd and covid lockdowns I feel like I have no skin.

Sry everyone, completely off topic,  I know. I just really needed to get that off my chest. 

Edited by Skyline
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 45

7 minutes ago, Skyline said:

Thank you! I know it's me being hyper sensitive but I keep taking criticism of her bfing twins personally. 

I got so much bs for bfing my twins I get snappy. 

"Oh you're tired? Well if you gave them bottles you wouldn't have that problem ?" um, I'm pretty sure I need to be awake to bottle feed too.

Their latch was bad and bfing was hard. "We'll that's just your fault for not giving them bottles."

Formula is fucking expensive. "Well that's what you get for having twins". Kewl, if it happens again I'll just sell one ?

"Just use a breast pump". Ok but that is more work than just bfing ?

I got their lip and tongue ties released and was criticized for doing it because I wouldn't have needed to if I just gave them bottles. Etc etc.

I'm not Abbie. I love my twins, they come first in everything I do but with ppptsd and covid lockdowns I feel like I have no skin.

Sry everyone, completely off topic,  I know. I just really needed to get that off my chest. 

Some people know everything and nothing at the same time.  I got flak for not breastfeeding.  "You're a NURSE!  You know that's the BEST!"  No, you stupid people, a growing, content baby is the best.  I had no milk.  It took 2 hours to get 3/4 oz expressed.  Plus, kiddo needed special formula for her digestive issues.

No matter what you do, someone will find fault.  As long as your kid is safe and happy, that's what matters.  ❤️

• Upvote 9
  • Love 27

Does anyone else see the Christmas tree trip hazard?

It's on the edge of the rug out in the room,  There a walkway behind it into another room -- so on the edge of a traffic area.  

Not to mention the vacuum cord runs behind it -- so trip hazard for a child to fall into the tree or for the cord to pull the tree over.

She has 3 under 5 running around. That tree is an accident waiting to happen. It will either crash on the rung or fall on a child. 

Why isn't it in a corner or against a wall?  She has a ginormous house -- there has to be a safer place for that tree.

Fundie willful ignorance of accidents waiting to happen strikes again.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Does anyone else see the Christmas tree trip hazard?

It's on the edge of the rug out in the room,  There a walkway behind it into another room -- so on the edge of a traffic area.  

Not to mention the vacuum cord runs behind it -- so trip hazard for a child to fall into the tree or for the cord to pull the tree over.

She has 3 under 5 running around. That tree is an accident waiting to happen. It will either crash on the rung or fall on a child. 

Why isn't it in a corner or against a wall?  She has a ginormous house -- there has to be a safer place for that tree.

Fundie willful ignorance of accidents waiting to happen strikes again.

Actually the situation is worse. She has 5 boys 5 and under, and 3 boys under 2 years of age. A hot mess and disaster waiting to happen. 

• Upvote 7

Embarrassing confession:

When I had a grabby wild toddler, I put the Christmas tree in the corner where we always put it. However I placed our big couch diagonal in front of the tree so my toddler couldn’t pull it down! We were only able to see the top half of the tree since the bottom half was hidden by the couch. It looked terrible but he wasn’t able to pull down the Christmas tree! 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 3

44 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Embarrassing confession:

When I had a grabby wild toddler, I put the Christmas tree in the corner where we always put it. However I placed our big couch diagonal in front of the tree so my toddler couldn’t pull it down! We were only able to see the top half of the tree since the bottom half was hidden by the couch. It looked terrible but he wasn’t able to pull down the Christmas tree! 

From the sounds of it, you did what you had to do to protect your child. Nothing embarrassing about that in my book!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

8 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

From the sounds of it, you did what you had to do to protect your child. Nothing embarrassing about that in my book!

Some of my friends bought baby gates to put around their trees. And theirs looked much better than mine ? That was the embarrassing part. It just looked bad. But I didn’t want to spend money on a baby gate I would only use at Christmas. So couch it was!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, Skyline said:

"Just use a breast pump". Ok but that is more work than just bfing and pumping and bfing are very different. Eta: Not everyone can pump and pump output does not equal breastmilk capacity ?.

I just want to clarify: There are many ways to breastfeed, and some women (especially sexual trauma survivors, or women returning to their children after hospitalization or military deployment) can really only give their children breastmilk if they pump it to a bottle.

I am so sorry that you were shamed in a million directions, and I hate how politicized breastfeeding has become. But a wholesale statement about the "best way"* helps no woman nor children. 

*There was no such singular declaration from you, but the eye-rolling was not helpful. And I think maybe you have a lot in common with the women  I referenced above, because you did it a way that works for YOU, your children, and your family--just like those women found ways to breastfeed that worked for THEM, their children, and their families (and for the women returning from deployment, a way that worked for their service to country)

Edited by FilleMondaine
Clarification
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

20 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Abbie is shilling a vaccuum today. She posts a very natural and not at all staged photo of herself pretending to use the vaccuum. What I find most disturbing is that a 13 year old kid has a solid opinion on a vaccuum cleaner. We know who does the real work around the house and it ain't Abbie.

Hide contents

Screenshot_2020-12-08-19-52-37.png.946fbcf68b3585a6c119a897faaff2e6.pngScreenshot_2020-12-08-19-52-45.thumb.png.9ab038c03d7a67f2ccf12aa393191af9.pngScreenshot_2020-12-08-19-52-50.png.3cd6b6dd8381ba4a1a78525d755b4829.png

Vacuum cleaners that release "toxins" through their "pores"? Sounds very scientific. Has Abbie ever actually used a vacuum before? Other than the one between her ears, I mean.

I hope Abbie Simon cleans the water reservoir thoroughly after each use. #legionnairesisnotthesamethingasbad

7 hours ago, 3splenty said:

Some people know everything and nothing at the same time.  I got flak for not breastfeeding.  "You're a NURSE!  You know that's the BEST!"  No, you stupid people, a growing, content baby is the best.  I had no milk.  It took 2 hours to get 3/4 oz expressed.  Plus, kiddo needed special formula for her digestive issues.

No matter what you do, someone will find fault.  As long as your kid is safe and happy, that's what matters.  ❤️

But...but, infant formula is the milk from the wizened, gristly teat of Satan himself, and vaccines are his virile effluvia! Surely you learned this at nursing school!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 12
  • Love 1

When I was little, we would get a really small christmas tree, like maybe 3-4 feet high, and put it up on a card table.  That way the kids (even though there were only two of us and we weren't particularly wild) couldn't reach it to knock it over.  

I don't actually have more than a vague memory of this so I'm thinking my folks only did it while there was a toddler in the house, and by the time we were both school age we had a regular tree.

Of course we were also a secular jewish family with no real explanation for why we were having a christmas tree in the first place, so... :pb_lol:

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

Ya know, I am utterly fed up with the baby feeding wars. Just feed the kid dammit...fill one end, empty the other. Don't get 'em mixed up. Baby A does boob, bottle, cereal with a spoon. She eats. If anyone had the audacity to say anything about how Baby A is fed, well, they'd end up having to face grandma...and trust me, they don't want to do that. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

23 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

When I was little, we would get a really small christmas tree, like maybe 3-4 feet high, and put it up on a card table.  That way the kids (even though there were only two of us and we weren't particularly wild) couldn't reach it to knock it over.  

I don't actually have more than a vague memory of this so I'm thinking my folks only did it while there was a toddler in the house, and by the time we were both school age we had a regular tree.

Of course we were also a secular jewish family with no real explanation for why we were having a christmas tree in the first place, so... :pb_lol:

Christmas trees are fun! I say anyone who wants to should put them up! I obviously don’t have too many rules when it comes to holidays. Anyone can join in on the fun in my opinion.

ETA: we are an agnostic family who puts up all the Christmas stuff!

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, FilleMondaine said:

I just want to clarify: There are many ways to breastfeed, and some women (especially sexual trauma survivors, or women returning to their children after hospitalization or military deployment) can really only give their children breastmilk if they pump it to a bottle.

I am so sorry that you were shamed in a million directions, and I hate how politicized breastfeeding has become. But a wholesale statement about the "best way"* helps no woman nor children. 

*There was no such singular declaration from you, but the eye-rolling was not helpful. And I think maybe you have a lot in common with the women  I referenced above, because you did it a way that works for YOU, your children, and your family--just like those women found ways to breastfeed that worked for THEM, their children, and their families (and for the women returning from deployment, a way that worked for their service to country)

I'm sorry. You are correct. My expression was not intended to be dismissive towards anyone who chooses to feed their children using a pump but rather a sign of my own frustration with that feeding method as a part of my own journey.

I suck at pumping, seriously. Even with a hospital grade double pump I could not express enough for both.  It became very aggravating when I was frequently told 'oh just pump' like it was a solution to everything. For me it was simply not an option.

My rant wasn't meant to start a feeding war. I've just become tired of any struggle I experienced being a ftm raising twins during a global pandemic constantly being shrugged off with an attitude of 'oh well you deserve it because you chose to breastfeed.' Implying that there is no difficulties or struggles with other feeding methods which is complete bs. 

Fed is best and it doesn't matter how you feed them. Raising babies is hard. Period. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 17

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Christmas trees are fun! I say anyone who wants to should put them up! I obviously don’t have too many rules when it comes to holidays. Anyone can join in on the fun in my opinion.

ETA: we are an agnostic family who puts up all the Christmas stuff!

I agree!  And that is really the attitude my family took.  We each got a few Hannukah gifts, a few Christmas gifts, who really cares which gift is for which holiday? :pb_lol:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

@Skyline if you are in the mood for a socially-distanced e-hug, I'd like to hug you so hard. It sounds like you had to deal with lots and lots and LOTS of weirdness about feeding your baby. And I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I guess I also get a little excited around the people that I initially perceive to be quite dogmatic about a super-special-way-to-feed-your-child-or-the-child-will-die sort of person. (key word, "initially", and not all "correctly") I think sometimes my glasses fog up and I just swing wildly because so many lactating people get shamed for stupid reasons and I don't like it. Like @feministxtian says, feed your kid, and everyone else can buzz off.  I wanted to defend ALL baby-feeders, but maybe it sounded like an attack? But I am pretty sure that we are on the same team. Can I blame wine?

UGH--feeding wars are a thing, and it's ugly. I think about how Christianists are so gross with their single-mindedness around childrearing, and I've only come across such a movement in breastfeeding-shaming. I wonder if that experience is the reason I have a perverse interest in watching various single-minded fundamentalists... hmmm.....

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

12 minutes ago, FilleMondaine said:

@Skyline if you are in the mood for a socially-distanced e-hug, I'd like to hug you so hard. It sounds like you had to deal with lots and lots and LOTS of weirdness about feeding your baby. And I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I guess I also get a little excited around the people that I initially perceive to be quite dogmatic about a super-special-way-to-feed-your-child-or-the-child-will-die sort of person. (key word, "initially", and not all "correctly") I think sometimes my glasses fog up and I just swing wildly because so many lactating people get shamed for stupid reasons and I don't like it. Like @feministxtian says, feed your kid, and everyone else can buzz off.  I wanted to defend ALL baby-feeders, but maybe it sounded like an attack? But I am pretty sure that we are on the same team. Can I blame wine?

UGH--feeding wars are a thing, and it's ugly. I think about how Christianists are so gross with their single-mindedness around childrearing, and I've only come across such a movement in breastfeeding-shaming. I wonder if that experience is the reason I have a perverse interest in watching various single-minded fundamentalists... hmmm.....

You are beyond kind, I'm crying a little. I didn't feel like it was an attack, I felt bad that my tired ranting was possibly seen as being dismissive or intentionally hurtful to others. 

My province just locked down hard for 4 wks. No social gatherings of any kind, inside or out, and the walls of my house feel very close.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 18

22 minutes ago, Skyline said:

My province just locked down hard for 4 wks. No social gatherings of any kind, inside or out, and the walls of my house feel very close.

Here in the frozen tundra east of Denver, CO, we're hoping to avoid that lockdown. Thank Rufus I live with family. The first lockdown sucked bigtime. It sucks that they locked down just in time for Christmas. Just remember, you can open your computer (or other device) and all your friends are right here. Seriously, I'd lose my shit if it wasn't for my FJ friends...y'all are always there. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic