IGNORED

Bontrager/Bowers 7: Thanking the Lord for all the Matchmaking

samurai_sarah

5 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Have any of the male Bontragers been to college?

Joshua did online college. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Alison does come across as smug and preachy but I honestly do believe we're not her target audience. She's trying to convince *herself* that she is happy, very happy, the happiest! 

It makes me very sad. She's the poster girl for needing an education, a job suitable for an ambitious person, and independence. Instead she got the short straw when she was born to fundamentalist nut jobs. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

The Bontrager's announced on their blog that they will be going on winter tour and that the dates and places will be published within the next days. Wow. Just wow. Although it is not surprising after all, I'm quite schocked.

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 2

Just now, ophelia said:

The Bontrager's announced on their blog that they will be going on winter tour and that the dates and places will be published within the next days. Wow. Just wow. Although it is not surprising after all, I'm quite schocked.

Ugh. I’ve seen plenty of fundies touring in 2020. The Collingsworths and the Shaws toured quite a bit. I was hoping the Bontragers would stay home since they had such a sparse summer tour last year. Let’s hope is barely any places and they are home within a few weeks.

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, ophelia said:

I just saw that! Unbelievable, even though, I mean, with their arrogant attitude towards the pandemic it was to be expected

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Does anyone else find it weird that Joshua hasn’t been posting on his blog? I think it’s been two months. That’s crazy. Wonder if he lost faith after trump lost?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, hollyandivy said:

I just saw that! Unbelievable, even though, I mean, with their arrogant attitude towards the pandemic it was to be expected

I think what I was hoping was the venues would cancel. I knew the Bontragers would tour no matter the “plandemic.” But I was hoping they would try to book churches or events that were cancelled due to the pandemic that would make the Bons decide against a tour. But I guess there are enough churches allowing super spreader events. Lovely. 

• Upvote 7

15 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Does anyone else find it weird that Joshua hasn’t been posting on his blog? I think it’s been two months. That’s crazy. Wonder if he lost faith after trump lost?

I take that back he posted a blog on the first. 

• Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

IIRC, in the 2016 election, the Bontragers were heavily into Ted Cruz, to the point of endorsing his candidacy on the family blog.  I think they held their noses and voted for Trump, unlike the new in-laws the Helferiches who have a number of in-your-face Trump supporters in the family.  Wouldn't surprise me to see them get back on board with Cruz or even golden boy Josh Hawley in 2024.  Still say Joshua Bontrager would rather be in politics or make movies with his FIL vs. work on his daddy's farm.  

• Upvote 7

I think he added new photos and copied and pasted from last year. This was the end of the post:

A Personal Note on the Blog:

For those who may be wondering, the past few months has left less time for blogging, as we’ve pursued some exciting new opportunities in the writing sphere. However, I hope to continue posting regularly very soon. Feel free to send me any topic suggestions or questions you may have. Praying that you’ll have a blessed 2020!

I wonder what "new opportunities" he's been pursuing. 

• Upvote 2

On 1/4/2021 at 8:13 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think he added new photos and copied and pasted from last year. This was the end of the post:

I wonder what "new opportunities" he's been pursuing. 

Hopefully he isn't going to run for political office.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Hopefully he isn't going to run for political office.

Well, if he does, I hope he crashes and burns like Jed! Duggar.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 10

I always laugh when fundie newlywed wives blog about making their marriage a priority. I mean, their whole lives are designed to serve their husbands: they don't work, don't socialize much outside of church (certainly not with other men), don't have kids yet, spend their days arranging their home just so and learning to cook the meals he likes and being there when he gets home from work. How could she NOT make her marriage a priority? 

Edited by usedbicycle
  • Upvote 21
  • I Agree 8

Is this Mr Bowers? It’s one of the MAGA mob at the Capitol, and looks a lot like him to me. 

ETA: never mind. I found a different photo and the faces are very similar but the hairline is different. I would not be surprised if he’s there, though  

07097D64-BA72-46C8-9D85-06CB8C651508.jpeg

Edited by Dominionatrix
New info
  • Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

Is this Mr Bowers? It’s one of the MAGA mob at the Capitol, and looks a lot like him to me. 

ETA: never mind. I found a different photo and the faces are very similar but the hairline is different. I would not be surprised if he’s there, though  

07097D64-BA72-46C8-9D85-06CB8C651508.jpeg

No Curtis is very bald on top. But I bet quite a few fundies are there but will hide it from social media like a bunch of cowards because they don’t want push back.

• Upvote 7

37 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No Curtis is very bald on top. But I bet quite a few fundies are there but will hide it from social media like a bunch of cowards because they don’t want push back.

Not only don't want pushback - there will be arrests & charges. I am sure many there think there is safety in numbers  & they won't be found. Of course they're so stupid they're taking that bet. 

• Upvote 8

11 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Not only don't want pushback - there will be arrests & charges. I am sure many there think there is safety in numbers  & they won't be found. Of course they're so stupid they're taking that bet. 

Fundies are slicker than shit. I bet not a single one will be arrested.

• Upvote 8

Carver has a bunch of videos on his Instagram story about the riots. They were right at the base of the Capitol building, from the looks of it. He posted a video of a man being carried away on a make-shift stretcher and narrated, "Oh my goodness, it's a dead person." I have screenshots but I'm not sure if I should post them in case the guy was actually dead (I doubt it, but still.)

• Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

Are they merely riots, or an attempted coup?

Or terrorists?

Thank you @JermajestyDuggar for posting the evidence they were there. Keep those screen shots handy. 

• Upvote 11

Here's Pa Bowers filming at the scene. In the video, he's also claiming that D.C. never instituted curfews during BLM protests, which is absolute hogwash.

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 9.20.19 PM.png

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Thanks Carver, for letting us know the Bontragers were at the riot today.

5F4DB42E-0DCC-499B-87D0-FC9A8B39BC91.jpeg

For the sake of making this image easier to find if he ever runs for office, I want to note specifically that that is Josh Bontrager on the far right (lol) right above the hat. 

• Upvote 16

33 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

For the sake of making this image easier to find if he ever runs for office, I want to note specifically that that is Josh Bontrager on the far right (lol) right above the hat. 

What? Joshua Bontrager was in Washington with the terrorists who attacked our Capitol and Country? 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10

• samurai_sarah locked this topic