IGNORED

Bontrager/Bowers 7: Thanking the Lord for all the Matchmaking

samurai_sarah

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Carver really can’t handle any sort of criticism.

Can any of the fundies? They can dish it out but they can not take it at all. Snowflakes the lot of them.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Can any of the fundies? They can dish it out but they can not take it at all. Snowflakes the lot of them.

I know I can be defensive. But if many many people are disagreeing with me or being critical, it does make me think about my stance further. I will question myself. But with fundies, they just dig their heels in deeper. 

• Upvote 9

It doesn't matter to me who it is- I just think filming a CORPSE and posting it to social media as part of a series of videos about what a fun day you're having at the Trump riot is deeply fucked up.

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, indianabones said:

It doesn't matter to me who it is- I just think filming a CORPSE and posting it to social media as part of a series of videos about what a fun day you're having at the Trump riot is deeply fucked up.

From the way it looks all of his posts got taken down. I am starting to have a strong feeling that Carver Bowers is going to be getting an unwelcomed visit from investigators. I just wish I could be a fly on the wall during that conversation.

19 minutes ago, browngrl said:

There are already memes and conspiracy theories about how Antifa was behind the riot inside. Knowing fundies they are going to try to pin the blame on them for the riot inside the U.S. Capitol.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

The Bowers family doesn't have a family friendly image. They have an extremist image. Only people who think like them could ever like the Bowers and they may too extreme for some who do agree them on a lot of things.  

I'm always mystified by how people think the Bowers boys could ever marry the Duggar girls. They're too extreme for television. If the Duggars are off the air by that point, they'll try to find guys with money who can support their wives and children.

Filming a corpse is bad taste, but you're enjoying the rally while they storm the capital, you've already hit rock bottom. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, petrushka said:

Maybe this is where Josh Bontrager's been doing some writing, as mentioned in his last blog post?

Curtis Bowers is regularly putting out long rambling video commentaries on his YouTube page, and Josh is involved with those.  I imagine he’s doing a lot of the writing for Curtis.  Every now and then the camera will cut from Curtis, sitting in front of a dresser covered in American swag, to Josh, who seems to be in another location entirely.  Josh usually has that dumb schmuck grin on his face, and adds something stupid to the commentary.  The last one I watched was from a few days ago, and Josh’s contribution was “war on poverty” snicker, with that smug ‘I was first in my homeschool class’ smirk on his face.

Curtis seems to be even further off the rails than he used to be.  I find his rants extra entertaining when combined with some fine Irish whiskey and high quality psychedelics.  YMMV

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

Can we also talk about Hudson Bontrager being there? A CHILD. I can’t believe they brought a kid to that fucking insurrection. What kind of things did his child brain see? Dead bodies like Carver? Parents of the year. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When I heard three people had medical events at the insurrection and died, I immediately pictured 3 men 50+ who were already in bad health traveling to DC and being whipped up by trump. Then marching, shouting, flag waving, and getting pissed off and all having heart attacks.

The 3 reasons I've seen on-line for the deaths (not officially confirmed, as far as I've seen) are 1 person tazered themselves by accident resulting in a heart attack, 1 person fell and was trampled by other rioters behind them and 1 person fell from whatever scaffolding they were climbing to get into the second floor and died from the resulting injuries.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. I have no sympathy for any of them if those reports are accurate. Some sympathy for their families, but they probably believe the same awful things.

I have to say the pandemic and watching the behavior of so many has stamped on my empathy so badly I wonder if it'll ever recover.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

I'm not at all shocked that Bontrager and Bowers scum were there. I would be shocked if Curtis Bowers WAS NOT there.  Thank you FJ for preserving these social media posts. Preserve as many of them as you can.  I want these posts to haunt these people for the rest of their personal, professional and political lives.

With zero sympathy for the seditionists,

An employee of the Congress of the United States

• Upvote 28
  • Love 11

12 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

If you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. I have no sympathy for any of them if those reports are accurate. Some sympathy for their families, but they probably believe the same awful things.

I have to say the pandemic and watching the behavior of so many has stamped on my empathy so badly I wonder if it'll ever recover.

This. There was a Twitter post yesterday by someone I can't remember, but she was being torn to shreds because her stance was - the woman who was shot? All you meanies, all she was doing was climbing through a window and some scared cop murdered her. 

WTF?

If you play with fire, you get burnt. If you participate in a Coup, you might not live to see tomorrow. If you climb through the window of the national's Capitol building as part of an angry, armed mob, chances are you could get shot. 

The cognitive dissonance of trumpers & fundies is beyond comprehension.

I don't wish anyone to die, but if you die doing something stupid, I don't sympathize. Especially if you die while participating in an insurrection. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

If you play with fire, you get burnt. If you participate in a Coup, you might not live to see tomorrow. If you climb through the window of the national's Capitol building as part of an angry, armed mob, chances are you could get shot. 

Especially since terrorists have the quaint habit of sending women first since guards may be more reluctant to shoot them. Then you can over run the guards. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

This. There was a Twitter post yesterday by someone I can't remember, but she was being torn to shreds because her stance was - the woman who was shot? All you meanies, all she was doing was climbing through a window and some scared cop murdered her. 

WTF?

100% agree. This wasn't a scared officer shooting randomly. The mob was an actual threat - in fact a capitol police officer just died of his injuries yesterday

I won't forget the security footage of a panicked (Black) security guard desperately calling for help on his radio as the mob made its way into the building. I hate race baiting but this was significant. An angry, mostly white mob, many of them armed, forcing their way into a federal building manned by only a few guards. It must have been terrorizing.

I still cannot believe no one in the higher levels of Capitol security saw this coming as the protest was a planned event that everyone was aware of. I'm sure most of you have seen the picture of the hundreds of National Guard deployed on Capitol steps during the George Floyd protests last year. Cognitive dissonance is indeed the right word for these fundie racist fools.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

100% agree. This wasn't a scared officer shooting randomly. The mob was an actual threat - in fact a capitol police officer just died of his injuries yesterday

I won't forget the security footage of a panicked (Black) security guard desperately calling for help on his radio as the mob made its way into the building. I hate race baiting but this was significant. An angry, mostly white mob, many of them armed, forcing their way into a federal building manned by only a few guards. It must have been terrorizing.

I still cannot believe no one in the higher levels of Capitol security saw this coming as the protest was a planned event that everyone was aware of. I'm sure most of you have seen the picture of the hundreds of National Guard deployed on Capitol steps during the George Floyd protests last year. Cognitive dissonance is indeed the right word for these fundie racist fools.

I totally agree that they weren’t prepared because it was a bunch of white people. 

What no one in charge seemed to take into account:

Trump supporters have had pretty peaceful rallies and gatherings these last 5 years because trump won! Of course they were all jovial and pleasant. They were all cheering and patting themselves on the back at all these gatherings. Didn’t anyone realize that once trump lost, these people who were pretty calm these last few years might get really pissed off and violent after their leader told them time and time again the election was stolen? So yes, I think because they are white, they assumed it would be fine. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

22 hours ago, indianabones said:

The man whose dead body that Carver posted a video of where he gleefully exclaimed "Oh my goodness, there's a dead person!" was named Kevin Greeson.

Isn't he the rioter who had a taser stuck in his waistband, that went off and struck him in the 'nads, causing him to go into sudden cardiac arrest? Thoughts and prayers.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 1/7/2021 at 12:56 AM, fluffy said:

According to a recent article in The Washington Post, the FBI is looking for names and images of today's mob/terrorists. Please share this information.

The FBI said anyone who witnessed unlawful violent actions may submit information, photos or videos to fbi.gov/USCapitol. Tipsters may also call 1-800-CALL-FBI. Anyone with information but no digital media to submit may also contact the FBI at tips.fbi.gov.

Also, here's an article about efforts to preserve the social media posts of the domestic terrorists: https://www.wired.com/story/archive-social-media-footage-pro-trump/  

The Race to Preserve the DC Mob's Digital Traces

The pro-Trump mob that stormed the US Capitol livestreamed their actions. As social media platforms scramble to remove dangerous content, what will become of all that footage?

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Can we also talk about Hudson Bontrager being there? A CHILD. I can’t believe they brought a kid to that fucking insurrection. What kind of things did his child brain see? Dead bodies like Carver? Parents of the year. 

Our German nutters brought their kids to Querdenker demonstrations ( an odd mix off  Covidiots, Antivaxxers , QAnon cultist, Reichsbürger (our sovereign citizens) , Hippies and Nazis)  to discourage the police from pointing  water cannons directly at  them .  

Edited by hasunah
  • Upvote 6
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 4

1 minute ago, hasunah said:

Our German nutters brought their kids to Querdenker demonstrations ( an odd mix off  Covidiots, Antivaxxers , QAnon cultist, Reichsbürger (our sovereign citizens) , Hippies and Nazis)  to discourage the police from pointing  water cannons directly at  them .  

That’s revolting! What scumbags. I think Marlin brought Hudson because he thought it would be educational. And he was very wrong. 

• Upvote 6

I've said this thought before but to me the Bonts are a "hidden" scary. People like Zsu and PP are in your face crazy and no one can look past that. But if you were to look at the Bont's blog or hear them sing you might not know how dangerous their beliefs are. They are a cute farm family. They sing nice songs. They make good food. They love each other. You should listen to them and want to be them. Its easy to be sucked in and not realize what their beliefs actually are. When things like this happen I'm happy for them to be exposed in a public way. This hopefully wards off some people that may want to follow them. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

I've said this thought before but to me the Bonts are a "hidden" scary. People like Zsu and PP are in your face crazy and no one can look past that. But if you were to look at the Bont's blog or hear them sing you might not know how dangerous their beliefs are. They are a cute farm family. They sing nice songs. They make good food. They love each other. You should listen to them and want to be them. Its easy to be sucked in and not realize what their beliefs actually are. When things like this happen I'm happy for them to be exposed in a public way. This hopefully wards off some people that may want to follow them. 

They used to be more open with their craziness on their blog. But lately, it seems like they just focus on family and touring. That’s about it. They used to get more into their parenting and beliefs. 

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They used to be more open with their craziness on their blog. But lately, it seems like they just focus on family and touring. That’s about it. They used to get more into their parenting and beliefs. 

They do have a wedding coming up. They can fit in the rants about the "plandemic" and Trump right between  the I do's and the first kiss.

Edited by browngrl
excessive use of quotes
  • Upvote 8

6 hours ago, ElizaB said:

And one thing that makes the Bonts even more dangerous is their good work ethic. They get things done. They are hard working. They aren't lazy like the Bateses or Duggars.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, fundiefan said:

WTF?

I don't wish anyone to die, but if you die doing something stupid, I don't sympathize. Especially if you die while participating in an insurrection. 

I'm sure if it had been a riot after Trump got in and a POC woman they'd be equally as sympathetic. /s

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, ophelia said:

And one thing that makes the Bonts even more dangerous is their good work ethic. They get things done. They are hard working. They aren't lazy like the Bateses or Duggars.

I'm not sure about that. They are not lazy, but farmers who leave the farm in the most busy season (summer) don't strike me as extremely hard workers. In addition, they have a bunch of employees, haven't they? It's easy to be a farmer if you can hire staff, and go touring for months.

• Upvote 10

Compared to a lot of fundies, the Bontragers have a great work ethic. They don’t seem to make fast, cheap, processed foods like a lot of fundies. They put time and effort into their meals. They take care of their home, gardens, and farm better than some of fundies do. Compared to their Mennonite family members they are probably lazy. But compared to fundies, they aren’t. 

• Upvote 8

• samurai_sarah locked this topic