IGNORED

Bontrager/Bowers 7: Thanking the Lord for all the Matchmaking

samurai_sarah

5 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I did some further reading and found out that Curtis managed to ruffle a few feathers with his Communist take over rhetoric. https://www.idahopress.com/bestread/rep-bowers-should-apologize-or-resign/article_2f8f199e-8113-5367-b028-a23f6437f5f3.html Here is an article about an opinion piece he wrote. This is only one of a handful of articles regarding an opinion piece he wrote calling for him to resign back in 2008. Josh Bontrager's idol is a wannabe Joe McCarthy 2.0. Curtis Bowers makes Jim Bob Duggar look like a competent politician. 

I had a look at that link, and it raised a question for me. This may have been answered elsewhere so please excuse me if I'm being repetitive.

Curtis Bowers does not believe women should have the vote (curse you, ebil feminists). Does this mean in the most recent election his wife:

1) can vote because she's an autonomous human

2) can vote, but only as long as she votes the way Curtis tells her to

3) can vote just this once because Trump

3) can't vote because Godly women don't vote and even the threat of Trump losing isn't enough to let that go?

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Katzchen24 said:

I had a look at that link, and it raised a question for me. This may have been answered elsewhere so please excuse me if I'm being repetitive.

Curtis Bowers does not believe women should have the vote (curse you, ebil feminists). Does this mean in the most recent election his wife:

1) can vote because she's an autonomous human

2) can vote, but only as long as she votes the way Curtis tells her to

3) can vote just this once because Trump

3) can't vote because Godly women don't vote and even the threat of Trump losing isn't enough to let that go?

Exactly, I kept finding the same things! I don't understand Curtis Bower's philosophy behind his thought process. He's just ridiculous hypocrite trying to make a name for himself by blaming everything on Communism. Trump doesn't get reelected=Communist take over. He doesn't get reelected to his seat in the Idaho House of Representative=Communism. Trump Supporters raid the U.S. Capitol building= Antifa members who are communists. Mike Pence doing his job as VP= Communist. Mike Pence not doing his job as VP= Communist. Women working= Communism. Women voting= communism women not voting= communism. I don't understand how Curtis Bowers managed to get himself so deep into this Joseph McCarthy anti-communism state of mind that he can't think clearly though his thoughts. Either his a full blown conspiracy theorist or he has higher political aspirations and is taking the McCarthy route to get there. At this point I am surprised there isn't a drinking game for his YouTube channel and podcast for every time he says communist, communism, communist take over, and insisting that Joe McCarthy was right. 

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
adding
  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

It may affect them if they are convicted. I don't think the Bontragers have taken advantage of federal farm aid payments. They seem to take pride in their independence and trying to apply for a grant may be something they would never consider. 

Per the EWG website they have gotten subsidies most years.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 3

13 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

As for Josh, he isn't qualified for anything other than farming and singing.

I doubt he is really qualified for singing. If I recall correctly he sounds pretty bad.

Curtis Bowers makes Jim Bob Duggar look like a competent politician. 

And this is really really troubling.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Per the EWG website they have gotten subsidies most years.

Wasn't there a post several pages back the found out the numbers from just last year? IIRC it was in excess of 500K (using Becky's and Marlin's accounts). 

• Upvote 2

On 1/15/2021 at 2:47 AM, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I don't understand how Curtis Bowers managed to get himself so deep into this Joseph McCarthy anti-communism state of mind that he can't think clearly though his thoughts.

He may have inherited his beliefs from his father. If I recall it correctly, years ago there was a post on the Bontrager blog of the Bowerses visiting them. This was before the marriages of their kids and the Bowerses were probably still living in Idaho. Anyway, there was a picture of Denver reading a booklet Curtis gave him. It was about the threat of communism and was written by his father. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

18 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

He may have inherited his beliefs from his father. If I recall it correctly, years ago there was a post on the Bontrager blog of the Bowerses visiting them. This was before the marriages of their kids and the Bowerses were probably still living in Idaho. Anyway, there was a picture of Denver reading a booklet Curtis gave him. It was about the threat of communism and was written by his father. 

Well, that explains a lot. 

• Upvote 6

So are they praying that there are no more violent capitol riots and deaths? Poor Liz. Her caption tells me that the Bontrager Homeschool for Insurrectionists didn’t teach the difference between “our” and “are.”

D03942FF-3F18-4628-9973-AAF5C52A3D79.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

On 1/16/2021 at 5:55 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

Is this the book?

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

So are they praying that there are no more violent capitol riots and deaths? Poor Liz. Her caption tells me that the Bontrager Homeschool for Insurrectionists didn’t teach the difference between “our” and “are.”

D03942FF-3F18-4628-9973-AAF5C52A3D79.jpeg

idk, she uses 'our' correctly in the next sentence. probably a typo that autocorrected and she didn't notice

• Upvote 2

On 1/16/2021 at 12:55 PM, LurkerOverThePond said:

Sorry for quoting myself here, but I found it. It was on the Bowers blog: http://bowersbus.blogspot.com/2014/09/in-iowa-with-bontrager-family.html  The picture in question is the next to last and says "Denver is quite the scholar. Gave him Poppy's book, which he probably finished before dinner. :)"

• Upvote 3

On 1/19/2021 at 7:17 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

@LurkerOverThePond Thank for finding that! It is that book! What's weird to me is that James C. Bowers (father of Curtis) seems to be another first generation fundie. James has multiple degrees from various higher learning institutes and his grandsons probably have SOTDT degrees that aren't worth the paper they're printed on. 

Jim Bowers is a retired professor and engineer.  He received his bachelor's degree from Vanderbilt,  his Master's from the University of Tennessee and his Doctorate from Washington University in St. Louis.

As an Electrical Engineer he worked at Boeing and McDonnell Aircraft Corporation. At McDonnell he worked on the Mercury and Gemini spacecraft programs.  Before leaving, he was promoted to the position of Director of the Engineering Technical Staff, the highest technical position in the Engineering Division.

At the University of South Florida his research work was foundational in the then emerging field of computer-aided-design  As reported in the March 1981 issue of Powerconversion International: "The EE Department at the University of South Florida has been a fountainhead of creative activity in the field of computer-aided-design.  Much of the original R&D work in this field was initiated at USF under the leadership of Dr. Bowers.  He has been a pioneer in this direction, recognized around the world as one of the leaders."

As President of A.B. Associates, Jim directed the development of an electrical engineering software design program called I-G SPICE.  It became the most widely used program of its type in the world.  He also did consultant work for many companies and government agencies, holding three patents in conjunction with his work with the U.S. Navy.  He has coauthored a textbook and two engineering handbooks and published over 50 articles.

For twenty-five years Jim and his wife Carole were volunteer teachers at the SUMMIT summer program - a Christian ministry for high school and college students.  He is listed in the Personalities of the South, the world-wide edition of Leaders in Electronics, American Men and Women of Science, National Who's Who in Technology Today and Who's Who in Engineering. Jim is a senior member of the IEEE Professional Society and a member of Sigma Xi, the national honorary scientific research society.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • Rufus Bless 2

15 hours ago, Sops2 said:

Allison is looking really thin.

I noticed that too. I hope it is because she has chosen a new eating plan/fitness plan but I suspect it might be  a psychologic issue eg depression or anxiety. It can't be easy for her eg living with her in laws, away from her family , possibly dealing with pregnancy issues, financial issues (she's started shilling her oils again maybe because finances are tight) etc. At least when she was single she had a job that she seemed to enjoy and she was able to get out and meet people even if it was just on a singing tour. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

If she’s lost weight, it could be from pregnancy. I know multiple women who lost weight in the first trimester from all the throwing up. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

She may have lost weight, but the angle of the picture makes everybody look thiner no matter what.

She has not good marketing skills. Usually, young women who use IG to sell, put a lot of effort in showing how succesful they are (good looks, nice homes, trips or getaways etc or just their messy life, depending on their customer target). Allison shows nothing, has not a brand or a style. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I had a good chuckle the other day reading Chelsy's post on Eliot's birth..I went to read the comments and loved her little disclaimer:

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published. I will not be posting comments with questions regarding either John's or my extended family. If you have questions about them, please go ask them on their blogs. ?
Also, anyone with a question related to a post must provide their full name. Feel free to email me with questions on topics not pertinent to the post. Thanks y'all!

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

I had a good chuckle the other day reading Chelsy's post on Eliot's birth..I went to read the comments and loved her little disclaimer:

Comments containing profanity and/or hateful language will not be published. I will not be posting comments with questions regarding either John's or my extended family. If you have questions about them, please go ask them on their blogs. ?
Also, anyone with a question related to a post must provide their full name. Feel free to email me with questions on topics not pertinent to the post. Thanks y'all!

I bet she got at least one question about her dad and brothers going to the insurrection. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, NoseyNellie said:

She's had that up all along - at least since her marriage. I remember reading it when people were asking how their families felt about her wearing pants. 

• Upvote 9

Chelsy has had the disclaimer up all along. I think to ward off questions about when her sisters-in-law are getting married, do they have any boyfriends, etc. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 6

26 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s been married five months. This is just way too much. It’s gag worthy.

31236D20-2E74-4526-BEBF-AAC11EC5489F.jpeg

Gross.  I wish there was a throw up reaction.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 14

Five months in? Puh-lease. Wonder if she’ll be saying that five years in.

• Upvote 11

• samurai_sarah locked this topic