IGNORED

Bontrager/Bowers 7: Thanking the Lord for all the Matchmaking

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Do you imagine that Praise gets pregnant before Allison? I predict several posts about the joy of being childfree, as an opportunity to focus in each other and why God has His perfect timing.

Allison will legit have a stroke if that happens! LMAO ?

• Upvote 8

18 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

That is a super awkward photo. It looks like such an uncomfortable posture/position for both of them.

I will never understand squatting pictures. It’s one of the most unattractive poses possible. Along with reminding everyone what you look like when you have to poop while camping. 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 7

15 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

So Chelsy is the only Bontrager sibling not in the wedding party.. that must feel a bit awkward lol. I guess since she lives in Kansas she hasn’t interacted much with Praise.

Reveal hidden contents

4C16156A-077D-4C44-8C7A-40E9E1BA5DC9.thumb.jpeg.dbf3f6dacc7850e494a5f94f0e030f7a.jpeg

This seems kind of strange to me. If she had just included Allison that would make sense as she is going to be a double sister in law. But Liz and Rebecca are bridesmaids. I'd feel pretty left out if I was Chelsy. 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, Sops2 said:

It really annoys me when they wear clothes where the pattern doesn't match.It offends the eye.

20210202_204203.jpg

I found the matchy-matchy couple outfits way more annoying back in the day.

• Upvote 9

Since we know the Bontrager parents like to push their kids into relationships they’ve chosen, who wants to bet they will push Liz at Joe so they can keep the family band going. They will probably pressure Denver and Praise to travel with them before they have a baby. But once they have a baby and can’t travel, that’s just 4 teenagers and Joe left in the family band (besides Becky).

• Upvote 7

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since we know the Bontrager parents like to push their kids into relationships they’ve chosen, who wants to bet they will push Liz at Joe so they can keep the family band going. They will probably pressure Denver and Praise to travel with them before they have a baby. But once they have a baby and can’t travel, that’s just 4 teenagers and Joe left in the family band (besides Becky).

Unless Liz wants that Carver Bowers boy who has his own pretend-Christian music career & has performed with the Bons.

If Praise is already 26, she may feel that she needs to get pregnant ASAP to keep up with the other godly young mothers. Alison needs to watch her back--Praise might win the baby race!

• Upvote 9

8 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Unless Liz wants that Carver Bowers boy who has his own pretend-Christian music career & has performed with the Bons.

If Praise is already 26, she may feel that she needs to get pregnant ASAP to keep up with the other godly young mothers. Alison needs to watch her back--Praise might win the baby race!

Oh god Joe seems so much better than Carver. I’m sure Joe is a trump supporting fundie too. But I can’t imagine he was raised by a nutty conspiracy theorist. Therefore he’s already loads better in my mind. 

• Upvote 3

On 2/2/2021 at 11:09 PM, becky_m2001 said:

I just saw this in the comments on Chelsy's latest blog post.

Screenshot_2021-02-02 The Birth Story of Elliot Rex.png

I looked at Chelsy's  blog and I couldn't find this comment. 

• Upvote 3

31 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I looked at Chelsy's  blog and I couldn't find this comment. 

I went back and checked as well. She must have deleted it.

• Upvote 4

With two little kids I could actually understand if Chelsy was relieved not to be in the wedding. And she probably hasn't much of a connection with Praise anyway since she left Iowa years ago.

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, ophelia said:

With two little kids I could actually understand if Chelsy was relieved not to be in the wedding. And she probably hasn't much of a connection with Praise anyway since she left Iowa years ago.

I hate being a bridesmaid. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I'm well past the stage of life where it seems all my friends were getting married (the ones who are getting married now are on their second marriage and opt out of having a big wedding party). However, I dreaded being asked to be in a wedding party. At the time I was in a low cash flow state and I was hugely busy trying to study/build my career. Being in the wedding party inevitably meant a big investment in time and money which were both in short supply for me. I much prefer just going to a wedding and seeing everyone without the big outflow of cash and time.

I'm not sure if it is the same for fundies as their whole lives revolve around weddings and babies but maybe Chelsey is not so interested either. 

Edited by browngrl
more words to say
  • Upvote 7

I've never been a bridesmaid - it's not really a thing over here, at least not in the circles I'm moving in - but I'm sure I'd hate it! ? 

I was my best friend's MOH ages ago, but that was a pretty unconventional wedding, so no big deal. All I really had to do was sign my name in the right place and help her get dressed in the morning. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I've never been a bridesmaid - it's not really a thing over here, at least not in the circles I'm moving in - but I'm sure I'd hate it!

Same here. Being a bridesmaid would probably be my personal nightmare, no matter how much I cared for the person getting married.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

When a friend is getting married, my advice is to keep the wedding party as small as possible. It makes things so much easier if you keep the wedding party small. Every single time I’ve witnessed a huge wedding party, I’ve seen problems that could have been avoided if they’d kept it smaller. I suppose if you have the money for a wedding coordinator, then go ahead and have a big wedding party. But if you are doing it all yourself, save yourself a headache and keep it small. I don’t think I’ll ever regret keeping mine small.

• Upvote 9

On 2/2/2021 at 12:44 PM, Sops2 said:

It really annoys me when they wear clothes where the pattern doesn't match.It offends the eye.

20210202_204203.jpg

Matching lines was the second rule of clothing construction in middle school home-ec. First rule was about making sure the pattern pieces were laid straight on grain of the fabric.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Matching lines was the second rule of clothing construction in middle school home-ec. First rule was about making sure the pattern pieces were laid straight on grain of the fabric.

My mom sewed some of my dresses as a kid. I had some plaid jumpers and she always made sure the lines matched up. It drove her nuts if they didn’t match up just right. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic