IGNORED

Bontrager/Bowers 7: Thanking the Lord for all the Matchmaking

samurai_sarah

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

They are disgusting, and I hope there are legal repercussions.  What I hate most about these families is that they appear and try to appear 'wholesome', but they really hide an inner ugliness.  Why do these young men think they are so special and above the law?  I guess they learn it from their equally arrogant parents.  The women are awful, but at least I know that they don't grow up realizing they have any choices.  I could never have imagined limiting my daughter the way these people cripple their daughters.  Brainwashing and cult behavior.  They're disgusting and insincere.  

If there are going to be legal repercussions, then that is going to really affect the families, especially Cassidy and Mrs. Bowers. Neither of them have the education and training to hold down a job that would pay enough to support their children. If there are convictions against them, then some fundies may try to distance themselves from them. Ultimately, Josh and Curtis are going to end up with legal fees and a record if they are convicted. The possibility of them ending up in debt, the inability to find a decent paying job to support their family, and possibly losing their status in the fundie community and church will screw their family over big time.

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

If there are going to be legal repercussions, then that is going to really affect the families, especially Cassidy and Mrs. Bowers. Neither of them have the education and training to hold down a job that would pay enough to support their children. If there are convictions against them, then some fundies may try to distance themselves from them. Ultimately, Josh and Curtis are going to end up with legal fees and a record if they are convicted. The possibility of them ending up in debt, the inability to find a decent paying job to support their family, and possibly losing their status in the fundie community and church will screw their family over big time.

Was Mrs. Bowers homeschooled?

9 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I think the bowers would be fine. If Curtis gets charged it will just up the sales for his current products. Persecution you know. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Was Mrs. Bowers homeschooled?

I don’t know. Either way she is way down the rabbit hole with her husband.

5 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I think the bowers would be fine. If Curtis gets charged it will just up the sales for his current products. Persecution you know. 

Honestly, I think it is all going to depend on what happens next. I’m sure Curtis will be fine. However, Joshua is just starting out on the fundie circuit with aspirations for politics. Curtis already has a career laid out for him. Josh, if charged and convicted, would have to stick to farming and have to pick himself up to get his name out for speaking engagements and political rallies.

• Upvote 9

I'm not optimistic Curtis and Joshua will be charged with anything.  Fundies like them tend to skate ala the Duggars.

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I don’t know. Either way she is way down the rabbit hole with her husband.

Honestly, I think it is all going to depend on what happens next. I’m sure Curtis will be fine. However, Joshua is just starting out on the fundie circuit with aspirations for politics. Curtis already has a career laid out for him. Josh, if charged and convicted, would have to stick to farming and have to pick himself up to get his name out for speaking engagements and political rallies.

Although, I think the only people that would vote for him would be perfectly ok with him at the capitol. In fact, it may be a selling point for him. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

45 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I'm not optimistic Curtis and Joshua will be charged with anything.  Fundies like them tend to skate ala the Duggars.

Same here. That's what's infuriating. Somehow they always manage to skate despite breaking the freaking law.

• Upvote 10

21 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

He says that he was there with this sons. There was no mention of any female Bontrager or Bowers being there. 

It wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to keep some of the children away from the rally as Curtis implied from the beginning they believed the rally could turn violent before attending. There is no mention of any other married Bontrager offspring attending, other than Josh. 

Exactly, peaceful protest my ass!! If they really expected it to be peaceful, they would have attended by the busload with women and children and the babies in strollers. But only the men went (and Hudson which they probably consider an adult at 14). They were absolutely going there to fight and wreak havoc. Anything else is insincere bullshit.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

30 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

Although, I think the only people that would vote for him would be perfectly ok with him at the capitol. In fact, it may be a selling point for him. 

Yeah, it would be a huge selling point for Josh. But, that would only get him so far. If he is able to Josh may manage to get a seat on a town council and possibly in the Iowa state legislature. I can see him running for a seat in D.C., but I don't think it will work out the way he wants. We shall see. Curtis Bowers managed to hold a seat in the Idaho House for a year and a half. According to wikipedia he was appointed by the governor, so I don't think he (Curtis) actually won an election.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

It is all going to depend on the evidence that is against them. In the video Curtis was very careful to say whether or not anyone else other than him entered the capitol. The YouTube video sure didn't help him out much. Plus, the fact that it was taken down and the Bontragers have been eerily quiet about this tells me that they may have been contacted some how. The Bontragers do have quite the following and I believe that they would want to clarify their involvement on their blog. They have yet to do so. Plus, Chelsy is very defensive of her family when it comes down to her blog. She hasn't posted anything about what happened attempting to justify their actions. Then again, Chelsy may be remaining quiet as the Maxwells, as far as I know, didn't attend and may she may be waiting for things to settle and clear up before breaking her silence. Joshua who, as I've said, is very determined to have a career in politics. As of this moment I am unaware of him doing any blog post to explain his side without Curtis Bowers and knowing Josh he would have done a post with the link to the YouTube channel. Allison, like Chelsy, I feel would've been on top of posting and defending her family. I'm really starting to think that the Bontragers and Bowers underestimated the seriousness that law enforcement would take against those that sat on the lawn and walked inside the capitol.

I know in this post I mentioned the Maxwell family since Chelsy married in. I don't foresee them blogging or doing a post on what happened for a while unless they attended and are facing consequences and/or if any Bontragers gets arrested  since they are Chelsy's family. I do foresee them meaning the Maxwells doing a post about what happened in the future.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

22 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

He says that he was there with this sons. There was no mention of any female Bontrager or Bowers being there. However, it wouldn't shock me if Cassidy tagged along. Hudson Bontrager popped up in photos. It is possible that neither Becky Bontrger and Mrs. Bowers (can't remember her name) didn't go as they were watching younger children. It wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to keep some of the children away from the rally as Curtis implied from the beginning they believed the rally could turn violent before attending. There is no mention of any other married Bontrager offspring attending, other than Josh. 

There's an ITV News video on youtube that I watched in the aftermath of Wednesday. At one point (around 1:34) there's footage of a young man climbing through a broken window on the right of the screen, filming on a phone. To me he seems a dead ringer for Carver Bowers, but that's just my opinion.

• Upvote 10

There was at least one Helferich in DC on January 6, per the FB page of Isaiah Helferich.  Thinking that may be one of Allison's brothers-in-law.  No idea if Jeremiah was there, but I'd take the bet.

• Upvote 9

I can't imagine any Maxwells going.  They couldn't even handle the Creation Museum as they thought one of the videos was too graphic.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, SPHASH said:

If the FBI knows they were there, I don't think they'll get away with it. It's possible they were lost in the crowd and no one knows they were there.  Since Curtis has taken down the incriminating evidence, there may not be any.

Are we sure Joshua was in the building? I was unclear about that. 

I typed it out before I saw @NancyDrewFan1989 's reply. She probably did a better job. 

• Upvote 5

22 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

If the FBI knows they were there, I don't think they'll get away with it. It's possible they were lost in the crowd and no one knows they were there.  Since Curtis has taken down the incriminating evidence, there may not be any.

Are we sure Joshua was in the building? I was unclear about that. 

I typed it out before I saw @NancyDrewFan1989 's reply. She probably did a better job. 

Curtis Bowers was very careful with his wording about who entered the building with him. He neither confirmed or denied. There were times when I felt that Curtis had implied Joshua and his sons entered. Curtis Bowers never fully confirmed, he only implied. He was very careful with his wording when it came down to entering the building.

The FBI is working around the clock on this. On Reddit a few people claim they had reported the Bontragers and Bowers, as well as the Bates and Jill Rodrigues's father. Whether they were telling the truth or not remains to be seen. 

As for the video being taken down, the internet is forever, meaning that there is a cyber trail some where. Curtis posted the video on January 9th and took it down last night, January 11, before 5:30pm eastern. So, it was up there for a couple of days. The site claims the owner, meaning Curtis, took the video down. But, it was up there for at least two days, so there is a huge chance that the FBI was made aware of it before then. Especially, if people jumped at the chance to report them. 

I posted this on another thread regarding the Bowers YouTube video:

Hi all, I just want to make this perfectly clear about the Curtis Bowers now taken down video on YouTube. There has been a lot of talk about Curtis claiming he walked in with Joshua Bontrager and his sons. Curtis never CONFIRMED this. However, he did not deny it either. Curtis did confirm that he entered the U.S. Capitol building. While he did heavily imply that Joshua Bontrager and his sons entered with, it remains to be seen whether or not they really did go in with him. Curtis was very careful about his wording upon entering and did not fully confirm who went with him. I just want to clarify this as there seems to be some confusion regarding Curtis Bowers confirming this. Curtis only implied that others went with him. It has not been fully 100% confirmed whether any other Bowers and Bontragers entered.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

There’s a very strong chance that YouTube has an archived copy of the video that they could make available to the feds. There’s a reason people say “the internet is forever.” 

• Upvote 10

53 minutes ago, Dominionatrix said:

There’s a very strong chance that YouTube has an archived copy of the video that they could make available to the feds. There’s a reason people say “the internet is forever.” 

Curtis uploaded the audio from the January 6th YouTube video as the most recent episode of his podcast. It's still available on Spotify, iTunes, etc., and I saved a copy before he has the chance to take it down. 

I also listened to it, and I agree with @molecule that Curtis is dangerous. He manages to sound very calm and folksy and thoughtful.....in between the racist dog whistles when talking about Kamala Harris, and calling the entire US Congress and Pence traitors, and the Joseph McCarthy fanboying, that is. 

Josh just sounds like his usual dim-witted self. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

Cell phone companies keep data for something like 180 days - some longer. 

If they want to know who was there, all they have to do is subpoena wireless records. It would be a tedious job, but there is no limit & if they don't come for you tomorrow or next week, don't be surprised if they're at your door as you're getting ready to grill your July 4th burgers. 

If they choose to go that route - the data is available. 

I know a senator from Virginia sent letters to major carriers "urging" them to preserve all data - but I don't know if anything came of it or ever went beyond him urging them. 

Also, this was the US Capitol - you know they have far more intelligent technology than the average Joe. I'd be willing to be if you livestreamed or posted to social media from inside - you're already on a list. What happens with that list I couldn't even try to guess. But, if you were stupid enough to storm the Capitol & share it, have your location on, make a call, send pictures - whatever - you deserve to go to stupid prison. 

Then again, most of them deserve to be there anyway. 

• Upvote 17

So, now I am listening to the Curtis Bowers podcast and, TBH, I can't really make it out now if any of them entered the capitol building. One minute Curtis makes it sound like they walked up the steps inside, the next he makes it sound like they stayed outside. I take full responsibility for this misunderstanding that any of the Bowers and Bontragers entered the U.S. Capitol building.

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

So, now I am listening to the Curtis Bowers podcast and, TBH, I can't really make it out now if any of them entered the capitol building. One minute Curtis makes it sound like they walked up the steps inside, the next he makes it sound like they stayed outside. I take full responsibility for this misunderstanding that any of the Bowers and Bontragers entered the U.S. Capitol building.

Either way, the authorities will likely figure out if they went in or not. There were so many cameras going that one of them would have to catch their image in there. 

• Upvote 6

Does anyone know if a federal felony conviction would disqualify someone from receiving federal farm aid payments?

i don’t think Josh is qualified to do much beyond farming.  Aspirations and insurrections aside, Josh is poor political candidate material.  He is not quick witted, he’s not well spoken, he’s not charismatic, and he’s not attractive.  I think he’d be even less successful than Jed Duggar just was.

• Upvote 7

On 1/13/2021 at 5:21 AM, Themanda Duggar said:

Does anyone know if a federal felony conviction would disqualify someone from receiving federal farm aid payments?

i don’t think Josh is qualified to do much beyond farming.  Aspirations and insurrections aside, Josh is poor political candidate material.  He is not quick witted, he’s not well spoken, he’s not charismatic, and he’s not attractive.  I think he’d be even less successful than Jed Duggar just was.

It may affect them if they are convicted. I don't think the Bontragers have taken advantage of federal farm aid payments. They seem to take pride in their independence and trying to apply for a grant may be something they would never consider. 

As for Josh, he isn't qualified for anything other than farming and singing. While he does have a college degree that he got after eighteen months from an online college, he only got it to pursue a career in politics. Josh's biggest problem is that he is looking up to Curtis Bowers to help him start out. From the way it looks on Wikipedia, Curtis Bowers got his seat in the Idaho House of Representatives on a fluke. I'm trying to find out more information on this. On Wikipedia it says that he was appointed in April 2007 for a seat from the governor of Idaho and left the office in December 2008. It doesn't look like he held on to anymore seats from that point on. I did some further reading and found out that Curtis managed to ruffle a few feathers with his Communist take over rhetoric. https://www.idahopress.com/bestread/rep-bowers-should-apologize-or-resign/article_2f8f199e-8113-5367-b028-a23f6437f5f3.html Here is an article about an opinion piece he wrote. This is only one of a handful of articles regarding an opinion piece he wrote calling for him to resign back in 2008. Josh Bontrager's idol is a wannabe Joe McCarthy 2.0. Curtis Bowers makes Jim Bob Duggar look like a competent politician. 

• Upvote 7

I can’t get the tour page to appear but I assume it includes some of the usual Mennonite / Plain communities that they visit. I wonder if those dedicated pacifists know what those nice young men they are listening to were up to just a short time ago? In my experience, Plain people may not always agree with the government but they certainly respect it.

• Upvote 6

• samurai_sarah locked this topic