IGNORED

Bontrager/Bowers 7: Thanking the Lord for all the Matchmaking

samurai_sarah

Just out of curiosity is anyone else surprised the Bontragers haven't done a blog and/or Instagram post regarding what happened at the Capitol on Wednesday (1/6). Only wondering because the Bontragers seem like a family that would want to clarify their involvement and clarify whether or not they entered the Capitol. Also, Allison, Joshua and Chelsy haven't done any posts regarding the family's involvement in the riot either. 

The only reason I can think why they haven't post is because they've been contacted by the feds investigating and want to remain quiet until the ones who participated have been cleared. If so, then it does make sense as their main focus would be Marlin and whoever else went over the age of 18 avoiding time in federal prison. 

Plus, it doesn't shock me the Bowers haven't really responded. The Bowers don't seem interesting in blogging and Carver is the only one who is really active on Instagram. Lina is active on Instagram, but she would probably need Carson's approval before posting. Cassidy's Instagram is private and I don't have access. Just saying the Bowers remaining quiet doesn't surprise me as much as the Bontragers.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Lina is active on Instagram, but she would probably need Carson's approval before posting. Cassidy's Instagram is private and I don't have access. Just saying the Bowers remaining quiet doesn't surprise me as much as the Bontragers.

Other way around. Cass is active on instagram and Lina has a private one. 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Other way around. Cass is active on instagram and Lina has a private one. 

Woops thanks for pointing that out. I get them confused from time to time. 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Plus, it doesn't shock me the Bowers haven't really responded.

If you go to Curtis Bowers YouTube channel, he and Josh have an almost 42 minute video from a couple days ago that describes their experience participating in the insurrection on the 6th.  They include some video clips.  It’s not entirely clear if they did or didn’t enter the capitol building.  Curtis kind of implies both, though I wasn’t paying the best attention.

Also, for just $5/month, you too can receive the agenda weekly newsletter!

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 6

1 hour ago, Themanda Duggar said:

If you go to Curtis Bowers YouTube channel, he and Josh have an almost 42 minute video from a couple days ago that describes their experience participating in the insurrection on the 6th.  They include some video clips.  It’s not entirely clear if they did or didn’t enter the capitol building.  Curtis kind of implies both, though I wasn’t paying the best attention.

Also, for just $5/month, you too can receive the agenda weekly newsletter!

I will go check it out! I know Curtis Bowers has a YouTube channel, but I expected Carver to be the one posting on Instagram since his posts got taken down on Instagram. Watching it now. Hopefully, I don't fall asleep watching.

• Upvote 1

I took a peek at the video, and it was a bit chilling. Bowers and his son-in-law are both nice-looking clean-cut men whose voices sound thoughtful and reasonable. I mean, when you watch Steven Anderson for more than 10 seconds, it's pretty clear that he's extreme. But Bowers on this video? He sounds calm, and it would be so easy for his demeanor to be just enough to convince someone to give some serious thought to what he's saying. That makes him dangerous, in my opinion.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

Watched the Curtis Bowers video here are a few points that stuck out to me:

1. Police: He complained about tear gas being released upon the crowd as they approached the Captiol. To make matters worse he compares it to BLM saying they didn't get teargassed at their protests. Hello, TEAR GAS WAS USED ON BLM protests. Also, he complained about the police presence by claiming they were expecting them to cause trouble. Um, Curtis go and look at photos of the U.S. Capitol during a BLM protest. On top of that, he complained about the extra barriers that were put up. By "barriers" do you mean the metal fences implied tell you not to enter? They were doing all of that because you weren't supposed to enter the U.S. Capitol! Oh yeah, he claims that law enforcement had no right to take action against them because they were unarmed. Um, so were the BLM protesters. 

2. Mike Pence is a COWARD: Yup, Curtis Bowers literally says these words condemning him for approving of the election. He digs himself into a deeper hole by insisting that Pence should know better. He claims that Mike Pence is: vile, evil and a coward because he didn't look at the evidence. Well, considering a few facts Mike Pence did look at the evidence or else their wouldn't have been a session. Also, he blames Mike Pence for what happened because he didn't do his job. Mike Pence was doing his JOB!! I don't agree with Pence on numerous issues, but on 1/6 he he was doing his job by holding session and there was little to no evidence of what Trump was claiming. I find it funny that during the 2016 election the Bowers and Bontragers were condemning Trump and praising Pence. Now, they are condemning Pence and praising Trump. Funny how things change.

3. Security: On top of slamming the police, Curtis claims there wasn't security at the Capitol. Um, yeah there was! There are photos of security guards and police officers inside pointing their guns at protesters as they entered. A woman was shot and killed upon entering. A cop was beaten to death with a fire extinguisher! There was security there Curtis, you just chose to either ignore them when they said get back or cowardly wait until they were overrun to advance further to the Capitol.

4. Entering the Capitol: Yup, Curtis Bowers just admitted that they entered the U.S. Capitol building. According to Curtis they entered the building, but did not go into the offices of elected officials and chamber where the session was being held. But, he does dig himself into a hole by saying that it wasn't violent and there was no damage. Okay, Curtis, then explain the four people who died, the smashed windows and stolen property from elected officials office. Also, he claims that the police officer who shot and killed the women should be punished. I have a couple thoughts on that. First off, the officer was doing his job as the entrance was unlawful. Second, where was the outrage for the unjust police shootings of people of color. He then goes on to say they had a right to enter.

5. "Banana Republic": Both Josh and Curtis are condemning the members of congress for disavowing what happened. Well, you two, I love to break it to you but: Trump lost, he's been lying to you about him winning, and now you might get charged for trespassing. I really hope you don't think Trump is going to help you out if you get charged.

6. Antifa: The two of them claim that Antifa was behind the violence inside the Capitol. Well, considering the fact a few Trump supporters have been arrested for partaking in the riot inside by stealing a podium and taking photos in Pelosi's desk, I'd have to disagree. JUST BECAUSE YOU DIDN'T DO ANYTHING VIOLENT DOESN'T MEAN OTHER TRUMP SUPPORTERS DID!

7. The End of America: According to Josh and Curtis America ended on 1/6 because congress didn't listen to them. It's a complete communist take over because congress didn't listen to them. Congress is abusing their power. Well, they're not. Everyone there was doing their job! America will continue on and what happened on 1/6 will be remembered as a day of tyranny and treason.

8. Trump invited them: No, this wasn't said, but Curtis makes it sound like they paid a little too much attention to his twitter account. Trump was never going to enter the Capitol with you. In case you are wondering Curtis, Trump has spent the past two months lying to you and throwing those telling the truth under the bus. 

9. COVID: As you can probably guess they believe it is a conspiracy theory. Another communist take over to make Trump look bad.

10. Unconstitutional Election: It was a constitutional election! People got out and stood in lines to vote. Then, they went home and waited until the officials counted the votes after polls closed for the official word. It took a few days for Biden to get the stamp of approval in a few states because they were recounting and making sure they had the right information before the Secretary of State gave it the stamp of approval.

Ultimately, I didn't get through the whole video. Curtis and Joshua were talking in circles going back to everything written above. I was on reddit last night and a few posters admitting to reporting them to the FBI. Hopefully, this video gives the FBI a reason to fully charge them. The two of them just dig themselves into deep holes comparing their rally to BLM. So, that is a summary of the video. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 28
  • Love 1

I hope they get a visit from the FBI. It won’t change anything. I’m sure they won’t get in trouble. But maybe a visit will shut them up for five minutes. But that’s still pretty unlikely. They can’t seem to ever shut up. I’m loving the Pence hate. It’s hilarious. Since they seemed to love Pence due to his being a very religious christian (similar to them). Now they hate him and love trump. Who isn’t religious at all. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 23

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope they get a visit from the FBI. It won’t change anything. I’m sure they won’t get in trouble. But maybe a visit will shut them up for five minutes. But that’s still pretty unlikely. They can’t seem to ever shut up. I’m loving the Pence hate. It’s hilarious. Since they seemed to love Pence due to his being very religiously christian similar to them. Now they hate him and love trump. Who isn’t religious at all. 

I'm starting to think they have been contacted. The only Bontrager, to my knowledge as of this moment, who has commented is Josh. While Curtis did admit to entering the Capitol, he implied Josh went with him, but doesn't say anything about the Bontragers going inside. As for the Pence hate, like I said, I don't agree with him on many issues. However, Trump has managed to brainwash them into thinking that Pence is in on this conspiracy theory. I find that ridiculous as Pence is losing his job and, probably, lost any chance of winning an election. I'm okay with both, but Pence (from the way it looks) accepted the results of the election and understands that he and Trump lost. The only people who aren't okay with it are the Trump supporters who have taken all of Trumps lies too far.

• Upvote 11

1 minute ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

@NancyDrewFan1989 Thank you for watching and summing it up. Who exactly does Curtis say was in the capitol? Himself, and a few others?

He says that he was there with this sons. There was no mention of any female Bontrager or Bowers being there. However, it wouldn't shock me if Cassidy tagged along. Hudson Bontrager popped up in photos. It is possible that neither Becky Bontrger and Mrs. Bowers (can't remember her name) didn't go as they were watching younger children. It wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to keep some of the children away from the rally as Curtis implied from the beginning they believed the rally could turn violent before attending. There is no mention of any other married Bontrager offspring attending, other than Josh. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

2 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

He says that he was there with this sons. There was no mention of any female Bontrager or Bowers being there. However, it wouldn't shock me if Cassidy tagged along. Hudson Bontrager popped up in photos. It is possible that neither Becky Bontrger and Mrs. Bowers (can't remember her name) didn't go as they were watching younger children. It wouldn't surprise me if they wanted to keep some of the children away from the rally as Curtis implied from the beginning they believed the rally could turn violent before attending. There is no mention of any other married Bontrager offspring attending, other than Josh. 

Thanks so much! So did his sons go into the building? From what I saw, it did not look like he had all 6 Bowers boys there. I've only seen 2 or 3. 

• Upvote 4

People are being arrested for trespassing. I wonder if he realizes he could be arrested now that he’s admitted it?

• Upvote 9

28 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Thanks so much! So did his sons go into the building? From what I saw, it did not look like he had all 6 Bowers boys there. I've only seen 2 or 3. 

From the way Curtis made it sound yes. He stated they all took videos as evidence of it being peaceful. As of this moment I am unaware of any of them being posted. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

31 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

People are being arrested for trespassing. I wonder if he realizes he could be arrested now that he’s admitted it?

Honestly, I think the family thinks this is all going to go away because Curtis and Josh told their side of the story. If they do get arrested, then the video Curtis made would be entered as evidence against them. There is enough in the youtube video for the FBI to get a warrant and gain access to the videos that were taken. Considering the way Curtis Bowers spoke and kept talking in circles (stopped watching with only eight minutes left) he and Josh will probably think they are being targeted by them. So far, to me, the only Bontragers and Bowers who are most likely to be arrested and facing the full consequences of the law are Curtis Bowers, Joshua Bontrager, and any Bowers son who is over the age of 18 that entered. If any minors entered, then they could be charged, but it could be handled differently as they aren't legal adults.

As for them going to jail, all of that is going to depend on the charge and whether or not they enter in a plea deal. If Curtis Bowers is telling the truth and they just walked around not partaking in any of the looting, then it could be a trespassing charge. Considering the fact they (most likely) would be facing federal they could be looking at time in prison. If they are smart, then Josh and Curtis and the legal adult Bowers sons would take a plea deal. There is almost no way the YouTube video would be thrown out in a court of law as it was posted on a public platform and a trial would be disastrous for all of them. But all of that is only if (or when) they get charged.

They didn't mention whether or not Marlin and any other Bontragers who attended entered the Capitol. It is possible that Marlin stayed behind with Hudson as he is a minor and may have been concerned about Hudson's safety upon entered. But, it does sound like they all did make it past the security measures. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

The youtube video wasn't there when I went to report it. I think Curtis took it down. So I think he does know he could go to jail. Or the FBI already found him and they had it taken down.

Most of the Bowers are under 18. If we don't have evidence the minors were there, I won't add them to the list. Only Charlie and Carver are over 18. 

May the law, justice and karma get these assholes. 

• Upvote 13

The FBI *is* asking the public's help in identifying insurrectionists. 

It would be a shame if the FBI were tagged with a link to that video.

• Upvote 10

13 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The youtube video wasn't there when I went to report it. I think Curtis took it down. So I think he does know he could go to jail. Or the FBI already found him and they had it taken down.

Most of the Bowers are under 18. If we don't have evidence the minors were there, I won't add them to the list. Only Charlie and Carver are over 18. 

May the law, justice and karma get these assholes. 

I just went to Curtis Bowers YouTube channel and it looks like he took it down. I watched it earlier about two and half hours ago. It doesn't shock me he took it down already. I scrolled through some of the comments and many people praised them. But, that doesn't stop someone from sending the link to the FBI and reporting them. Also, I believe Curtis should've expected someone to report them when he heard about the investigation. If so, then why post a freaking video admitting you, your sons, and son-in-laws involvement! Curtis may have successfully screwed them all over by trying to make it look like a good Godly non-violent rally.

• Upvote 7

If they are arrested, they will cry persecution. Even though they knowingly broke the law. They are so similar to their beloved trump. No wonder they worship him more than Jesus.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4

They are disgusting, and I hope there are legal repercussions.  What I hate most about these families is that they appear and try to appear 'wholesome', but they really hide an inner ugliness.  Why do these young men think they are so special and above the law?  I guess they learn it from their equally arrogant parents.  The women are awful, but at least I know that they don't grow up realizing they have any choices.  I could never have imagined limiting my daughter the way these people cripple their daughters.  Brainwashing and cult behavior.  They're disgusting and insincere.  

• Upvote 11

I wish I’d watched the video again before he took it down.  I was dozing off as I watched it, and didn’t take in as much as Nancy Drew Fan did.  Hopefully it has been seen by the relevant authorities.  I think federal  trespassing charges are felonious, so if they are convicted, they  won’t be allowed to own firearms anymore.

Edited by Themanda Duggar
Fix autocorrect, spelling
  • Upvote 10

18 minutes ago, Caroline said:

They are disgusting, and I hope there are legal repercussions.  What I hate most about these families is that they appear and try to appear 'wholesome', but they really hide an inner ugliness.  Why do these young men think they are so special and above the law?  I guess they learn it from their equally arrogant parents.  The women are awful, but at least I know that they don't grow up realizing they have any choices.  I could never have imagined limiting my daughter the way these people cripple their daughters.  Brainwashing and cult behavior.  They're disgusting and insincere.  

When you are worshipped and given power over women and children all because you have a penis, I imagine it goes to your head. On top of that, they think they know Christianity best. They think they are the best of the best in Christian circles and god will give them whatever they want. 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1

It reminds me of Joshua taking the land of Canaan from its native inhabitants because the children of Israel were God's "chosen" people. (This is a story I actually enjoyed back when I was a Christian.) No good ever comes from believing you are "chosen" and "special" above all others by Almighty God. 

• Upvote 8

15 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

It reminds me of Joshua taking the land of Canaan from its native inhabitants because the children of Israel were God's "chosen" people. (This is a story I actually enjoyed back when I was a Christian.) No good ever comes from believing you are "chosen" and "special" above all others by Almighty God. 

The thing that disturbs me about Joshua the most is that he is hoping to have a career in politics and Curtis Bowers is the man who he is looking to help him out one day. Curtis probably helped Josh torpedo his career and ruin any chance of him getting elected, let alone running. 

40 minutes ago, Themanda Duggar said:

I wish I’d watched the video again before he took it down.  I was dozing off as I watched it, and didn’t take in as much as Nancy Drew Fan did.  Hopefully it has been seen by the relevant authorities.  I think federal  trespassing charges are felonious, so if they are convicted, they  won’t be allowed to own firearms anymore.

Not only that but in some states you can't run for the office of an elected official. It could also affect him holding a job with a pubic official and working on a campaign for one. If Josh gets arrested, then there goes the career in politics he has always dreamed of.

Also, in some states you can't vote either. I don't know what the laws are in Alabama and Iowa. However, if Josh and Curtis lose their right to vote, we are going to be hearing about that for a long time. 

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
adding
  • Upvote 13

• samurai_sarah locked this topic