IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 40: Acting Like Everything Is Normal in the Middle of a Pandemic

Coconut Flan

know it has been speculated that Jed's marriage is arranged, but they look comfortable and happy. They share same beliefs, they are both young, have a similar way of life, etc. It looks a normal relationship for me (considering they are fundies). The bride's father is probably a fan of arranged marriages, but it doesn't necessary mean that his daughter's wedding has been like that. I think sometimes fundies are introduced to each other in order to "arrange", but they truly like each other, so it becomes genuine.

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

know it has been speculated that Jed's marriage is arranged, but they look comfortable and happy. They share same beliefs, they are both young, have a similar way of life, etc. It looks a normal relationship for me (considering they are fundies). The bride's father is probably a fan of arranged marriages, but it doesn't necessary mean that his daughter's wedding has been like that. I think sometimes fundies are introduced to each other in order to "arrange", but they truly like each other, so it becomes genuine.

It's matchmaking. But just because you meet someone doesn't mean you have to go through with it. These two did, though.

And now this has edged out the Easter music in my head lol. The word alone triggers the song!

Edited by seraaa
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Love 3

I think I found the family that it's rumored that Jasons courting someone from.  The Praught family is apparently a big farming family in Arkasas. Here's an article from 2008. I think Jason is most likely courting one of the grandchildren of the parents in the article. They had 10 kids. 4 of their kids were married and probably having kids of their own at the time of this article.

https://www.areawidenews.com/story/1443871.html

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I wonder if he's courting their daughter Sarah? She's 24 and graduated with a nursing degree from Pensacola Christian College last year. I think she's the youngest Praught daughter.

ETA- Timothy Praught's brother Tony also has some unmarried daughters around Jason's age.

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 1

29 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I wonder if he's courting their daughter Sarah? She's 24 and graduated with a nursing degree from Pensacola Christian College last year. I think she's the youngest Praught daughter.

It could be her. She has a picture with her brother in their feature for a farming lending service. I just thought maybe it was a grandchild b/c WACB said the girl's family had their own church. Tim & Susan have a farm and so do four of their kids so it's possible that one of their other six kids has a church and a daughter old enough for Jason to court.

https://www.agheritagefcs.com/sites/default/files/OurHeritage_Winter 2019_FINAL_12_13_ScreenResForWebsite.pdf

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Jill and Tony Praught have a 20 year old daughter named Caroline who's currently attending PCC- she could be an option. Susan and Tim, along with their children and grandchildren, have their social media locked down pretty tight (apart from the obligatory anti-abortion and vaccine conspiracy posts, with a dash of Above Rubies). They have a granddaughter named Laura who's 17 or 18, so another option.

It sounds like they all attend Friendship Baptist Church. They even have their photos on the church's website.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

Now Jason too could be in a relationship? Man they are really moving fast lately. This year we could have at least another wedding. Then all the pregnancy...seems like 2022 will be crazy 

what will come as first pregnancy announcement or relationship announcements (whether it will be courtship/ engagement/ wedding)?

Edited by Italiangirl
Adding some toughts
  • Upvote 11

Ok I missed how the Jason courting rumour got running!!!???!!! Or did I? Was it because he was singing with someone at the wedding? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

So, if all the rumours and speculation are true, we could be dwindling down to an acceptable* number of Duggarlings residing at TTH in the fairly near future. 
* acceptable equates to a reasonable number sharing a room, not crammed in with no personal space. 

Jana & Stephen

Jeremiah & Hannah

Jason & a girl (can’t remember who!)

James & Lauren Caldwell ( I know, her father said no more Duggars but you never know)

So that would leave Jackson, Tyler, Johannah, Jennifer, Jordyn and Josie. Wow, only two messy boys and the four lost girls with JB and Michelle. In terms of bearable domestic chores that is certainly doable and MUCH more manageable than they’ve had for years. Everything would be easier. Less cooking, cleaning, tidying and washing, it sounds great. Maybe the lost girls will have a few years of a more “normal” life with some routine and structure and more time to devote to their education. Of course there will be some babysitting but it won’t be being a sister-mom which is a bonus.

At the moment none of this is confirmed or has been announced so it is still just speculation but it would be good imho for the last few children to enjoy a little more space and possibly a less chaotic life. 

• Upvote 11

I think Jana and Jer are on the way out ot the house (getting married within a year), but I'm not sure about Jason and James. 

But sooner or later there will be just a few (or no) kids left. What will happen to the house? Will JB&M keep it as some sort of hub for family gatherings? Will a couple with lots of kids take over the house and JB&M move into a smaller house - perhaps the one on the grounds were Joe and Kendra are living right now, IIRC

• Upvote 12

My sleuthing skills are terrible, I'm curious why people seem so keen to match Lauren Caldwell with a Duggar? Has there ever been any actual evidence that she's interested in one of them, or is it just because she's the right age and she happens to be around?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 14

8 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

My sleuthing skills are terrible, I'm curious why people seem so keen to match Lauren Caldwell with a Duggar? Has there ever been any actual evidence that she's interested in one of them, or is it just because she's the right age and she happens to be around?

I’ve always wondered this too because there isn’t that much evidence of her actually being with any of them from what I’ve seen. I also don’t get why some people really want her to be with a Duggar. I’d rather see the Duggar men with someone not so deep in the kool aid... as impossible as that might seem lol

There are also people that believe she’s been with several Duggars as there have been rumors of her with like 3 of them and there are people that believe everything they see. I saw someone straight up sl*t shame her because of that on Reddit one time. It really rubbed me the wrong way, I don’t think she deserves to have so much speculation and rumors made up about her honestly. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 11

1 hour ago, VineHeart137 said:

I don't understand this connection either!

Instagram told me Lauren C. was engaged to Jed... literally 5 minutes before the Jed and Katey invitation rumour dropped. Said she dumped her fiance for him. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Michelle caring for 6 kids, through the teen years, without another “mom” to do all the work? I could more readily see her farming the lost girls out to Kendra, Jessa, Joy...JB could put the boys to work, whatever that might be. I guess that would work?

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2

Given that internet detectives caught wind of Jed and Katey's "secret" wedding, how do you think the Duggars will attempt to keep any further family updates from prematurely getting out?

Has any birth, marriage or wedding announcement come as a complete surprise?

• Upvote 5

People would like Lauren to marry a Duggar because her sister married a Duggar. It’s more common amongst fundies to have siblings from one family to marry siblings from another. Plus Lauren is the right age and she reminds everyone of Kendra. I hope Lauren finds someone outside of their fundie circle. She needs to get away from the cult. Her poor sister is completely drunk on the Kool-aid and I don’t think she will ever leave. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

People would like Lauren to marry a Duggar because her sister married a Duggar. It’s more common amongst fundies to have siblings from one family to marry siblings from another. Plus Lauren is the right age and she reminds everyone of Kendra. I hope Lauren finds someone outside of their fundie circle. She needs to get away from the cult. Her poor sister is completely drunk on the Kool-aid and I don’t think she will ever leave. 

Sadly, she’s likely to end up as the Jana in her family, as a sister and auntie-mom. I could see her not marrying until she’s in her 30s. She’ll still be in the cult but she’ll be better off than Kendra, who could end up hitting double digits in children by then. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1

I remember when we were learning about Jed and Katey Pickles posted about a registry for James Duggar and a Sarra Kimble with a date for July 31st. Jason is turning 21 later this month and James turns 20 in July, so them courting and getting married is completely possible. It could be a different James Duggar but just something to keep in mind. And if all this speculation is true, then there really will be only 6 kids left. 

To recap:

Jana and Stephen Wissmann (Marionette confirmed)

Jer and Hannah WIssmann (Marionette confirmed)

Jason and maybe a Prought girl (don't know enough about this family to figure out which ones are options), or no one

James and maybe Sarra KImble, or no one

• Thank You 13

25 minutes ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Sadly, she’s likely to end up as the Jana in her family, as a sister and auntie-mom. I could see her not marrying until she’s in her 30s. She’ll still be in the cult but she’ll be better off than Kendra, who could end up hitting double digits in children by then. 

Which is a good thing in my opinion. Kendra will have enough kids for the both of them. I’m glad Jana may get married in her 30s and won’t have a dozen children.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

36 minutes ago, NCLunaLovegoodFan said:

Lauren Caldwell is going to be 21 in May. It's way too soon to know where she'll be or what she'lll be doing at 30. 

Kendra is 22 and will be 23 in August. I'm glad that Lauren doesn't have kids yet. 

I also think she'll be better off with someone who isn't a Duggar and the rumors she will marry a Duggar are just that--internet gossip invention. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

IMG_1386.thumb.jpeg.4b5ae958b91123e7e9c639d8f85dfe8c.jpeg

There were this many people, total, at my pandemic wedding....

IT. IS. A. PANDEMIC. and fundies flaunt their mega weddings.....

even not in pandemic times it's astounding how massive this family is going to get O.o

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 24

9 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

IMG_1386.thumb.jpeg.4b5ae958b91123e7e9c639d8f85dfe8c.jpeg

There were this many people, total, at my pandemic wedding....

IT. IS. A. PANDEMIC. and fundies flaunt their mega weddings.....

even not in pandemic times it's astounding how massive this family is going to get O.o

Funny how she couldn’t post the picture until now because it includes Katey. I don’t know why they are being so secretive. It’s their prerogative but I don’t actually get it. Of course Jenny looks miserable as usual. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 3

2 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Joy is doing Michelle’s stoop and smile.

She’s also the only one with bangs. It makes her look even more like Michelle. 

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic