IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 40: Acting Like Everything Is Normal in the Middle of a Pandemic

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Jordyn, Jennifer, Josie and Lauren are all in the same color.  I wonder if the bridesmaids were given color schemes.  Honestly, Jessa's dress has the same lace as some of the other dresses but in a different color.  I'm interested in seeing more wedding photos to find out exactly who was in the wedding. 

Joy and Jana appear to be wearing the same dress in different colors. 

Josie appears to be a flower girl or some kind of attendant, based on the dress and similarity to the bridesmaid dresses. I wonder if they bought the Jenni and Jordyn each a dressy dress in this relatively neutral color for the many, many weddings they go to? That would be smart. Maybe get a couple different ones / styles but color coordinated. It’s hard to find nice dresses for girls Jordyn - Jenni’s age! Everything is very little girlish, or too old, even if they weren’t going for modest. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

I’m surprised that none of the married girls have developed a style for dressy events more like Alyssa, Carlin, or Josie Bates (fitted A-line dresses or sheaths and stilettos). Jinger looked like she tried for awhile and then veered towards blazers and slacks. Jessa suddenly moved to the loose Old Navy tunic dresses a few years ago, and Jill seems rather comfortable and natural with her boho chic look. 

Lauren is probably the one who has come the closest 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1

Jessa’s dress looks like the sort of thing that’s beautiful on a mannequin or model online, but kinda weird on actual humans. So I’ve invented a story where she didn’t plan ahead enough and got stuck with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I think Jill, Jessa and Jinger are quite tall.

I was thinking the opposite haha!

I remember reading once that Jana is 5’3, and if you scan along to compare heights, she seems to be standing up straight whilst others (Jill for example) are not. But overall I was thinking they are all on the shorter side as a group (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that).

Here is a comparison photo with Nurie.

5019EA1A-3A2F-4976-A35B-94A93A3F6AC0.jpeg

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:
Edited by adidas
Posting glitch
  • Upvote 15

11 minutes ago, adidas said:

I was thinking the opposite haha!

I remember reading once that Jana is 5’3, and if you scan along to compare heights, she seems to be standing up straight whilst others (Jill for example) are not. But overall I was thinking they are all on the shorter side as a group (and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that).

Here is a comparison photo with Nurie.

5019EA1A-3A2F-4976-A35B-94A93A3F6AC0.jpeg

I think Jinger, JIll and and Jessa are 5-7ish... which for me is tall. It looks like Hannie and Joy are the shortest (not including the youngest 3). Jennie looks like she might be akin to the taller Duggar gals. Jill and Jessa seem to always wear flats. Have we ever seen either of them wearing heels? I think Jill has mentioned she wears flats as to maintain a certain height difference with Derick. I wonder if Jessa wears flats because Ben is on the shorter side? 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

We have seen Jill in heels, though she's in flats in Claire's wedding pic. Anna and Jinger are frequently in heels. Jessa is always in flat brown sandals haha. I think I've read that Jill is 5'7" and Jessa around 5'6"? and Jana and Joy are shorter. Lauren is short, but also usually wears heels; Si is short and she's still shorter than him. In that picture Katey's also wearing heels, though it seems like she's relatively tall too (Jed is one of the taller of the boys).

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I think Jinger, JIll and and Jessa are 5-7ish... which for me is tall.

:agree:    I wish I were big.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Satan'sFortress said:

:agree:    I wish I were big.

In my family you are either tall or you’re short. We have no average sized folks. Both my parents are 5-9”. 3/4s of my grandparents were very short. In my own family I am 5-3, my closest aged brother is 6-3 and our youngest brother is 5-7. My dad, at 5-9, is the tallest person in his entire family, going back 3 generations.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

We have seen Jill in heels, though she's in flats in Claire's wedding pic. Anna and Jinger are frequently in heels. Jessa is always in flat brown sandals haha. I think I've read that Jill is 5'7" and Jessa around 5'6"? and Jana and Joy are shorter. Lauren is short, but also usually wears heels; Si is short and she's still shorter than him. In that picture Katey's also wearing heels, though it seems like she's relatively tall too (Jed is one of the taller of the boys).

This sounds about right. I can tell you most people can’t tell the height of women who wear heels all the time. I never wear heels and often people don’t realize how tall I am. Everyone else around me is wearing heels and I’m not. Those people don’t look much shorter than me. But really if we were all in our bare feet, I would be 6 inches or more taller.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I think it's come up at various points in discussions that both the Duggars and Bates are short families. Of the Duggar boys I think Jed is one of the tallest, taller than JB at least. Joy posted a pic on instagram a bit back of her and the Howlers and I'd guess Jason and Justin are only 4-5 inches taller than her, and Jed looks like a giant compared to them xD. I think Si is about Justin's height, and Jer and Joe are a little taller? 

(sorry y'all that's prob weird lol but I have an odd fascination with people's heights in pictures bc everyone is a giant to me in real life, I'm barely 5'0" haha)

• Upvote 7

Jill is 5'7", Jessa about 5'5", Jinger 5"4, Jana and Joy 5'3". Jenni looks to be as tall as Jessa, at least. Jordyn is still a head shorter than Anna, who must be in heels. I'd guess that she's about 5'.

• Thank You 3

46 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Jill is 5'7", Jessa about 5'5", Jinger 5"4, Jana and Joy 5'3". Jenni looks to be as tall as Jessa, at least. Jordyn is still a head shorter than Anna, who must be in heels. I'd guess that she's about 5'.

well done...do you know the boys too?

• I Agree 1

19 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

well done...do you know the boys too?

They're all short except Jed! and Smuggar. Jill can look most of them in the eye. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Being Dutch and seeing 5'7 is labelled 'tall':  ?

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 9

3 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Having visited museums in both the Netherlands and Denmark, I swear by Rufus that you giants hang your pictures and  accompanying labels at a higher average height that other countries do! : )

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I'm 5'8, and I've never thought of myself as particularly tall. ? 

Now, my younger daughter is already 5'7 at 12 years of age - she promises to be tall...

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 4

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

Not sure about your estimates for Jessa and Jinger. Jessa is always in flats and she appears almost as tall as Jill.

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

Having visited museums in both the Netherlands and Denmark, I swear by Rufus that you giants hang your pictures and  accompanying labels at a higher average height that other countries do! : )

Image Dutch people travelling and always running into short beds.

I am slightly below average here (5'6) so no problems for me. Except in concerts where all my fellow countryman stand in my way.

• Upvote 4

You are all huge lol i'm barely 5'2" so I think everyone is big.. my husband is 6'3" and we look funny next to each other...

• Haha 5

33 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

You are all huge lol i'm barely 5'2" so I think everyone is big.. my husband is 6'3" and we look funny next to each other...

Are you my sister? She’s 5’2” with a 6’3” husband, lol.

I’m 5’4” and felt like a child walking around Denmark. The Danish population is so tall. My dad who’s 5’11” felt short next to the women there.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Are you my sister? She’s 5’2” with a 6’3” husband, lol.

I’m 5’4” and felt like a child walking around Denmark. The Danish population is so tall. My dad who’s 5’11” felt short next to the women there.

One of my grandmas had parents who immigrated from Denmark and Norway.  I don’t know how tall her family was, but my grandma was only 5 foot zero! 

My 11 year old granddaughter was the tallest woman/girl  at our family egg hunt. She’s about 5’8”, the next tallest woman is 5’4”. Most are shorter. I’d say she got the missing random Scandinavian genes. She’s the only blonde too ?

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 4

I'm 5'4 and always felt short, but was told that was "normal". 

However, then I became part of a friend group where every other lady was between 5'1 and 5'2.5 and I became the tallest one of my friends!

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic