IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 40: Acting Like Everything Is Normal in the Middle of a Pandemic

Coconut Flan

15 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Ah, but JD is a pilot! That makes him valuable. They needed somebody around to fly their planes.

:mindblowing:

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!

• Haha 35

2 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

Acknowledging that JD is an outlier and omitting him from the data, and assuming the April 3 date is correct for Jed and Katey's wedding, the Duggar boys have married (or will marry, in Jed's case) at an average age of 21.11 years, while the Duggar girls have married at an average age of 21.90 years. So not much difference.

I think it's more the fact that the howlers are (almost) all now adults and are at or nearing the average age for a Duggar child to get married (which all combined, but leaving out JD, is 21.46 years). Jed and Jer are 22, Jason will be 21 in a month, and James will be 20 in a few months. Any of them being in a courtship now would put them on a timeline to potentially get married around the average. They had 5 boys in less than 4 years, so it makes sense that those 5 boys would be starting relationships/getting married in pretty quick succession. 

I always figured that once one Howler left, they all would, like how Jill/Jessa/Jinger were all out of the TTH within 2-3 years. I suppose the Howlers could have a "Jana" at home for a while longer - I'd have guessed Jer, but now we've seen him maybe with Hannah Wissmann lol. 

• Upvote 7

JD appeared to do a lot of "getting to know" various candidates over the years.  He may despite initial appearance have more going on under his hat than the average Duggar.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What happened to "leave and cleave, buddy" as Michelle said in Josh's wedding episode?

I know that we have talked about this, but this is why I'm okay with Justin and Claire living in Texas, near the Spivey family. It seems like they already have an established construction company there (I just hope it is a real construction company and not a "Christian" company which provides shoddy workmanship then accuses people who call them out on poor workmanship of not being true Christians.) It is not unheard of for son-in-laws to be offered a job in the family business and trained how to do the work, although the results can be mixed. I would really like to see Justin off the Jim Bob train.

7 hours ago, Johannah said:

JD was an outlier. And if the matchup rumors are true, it seems like they are in the process of pushing the howlers out the door at warp speed. 

I also remember how the howlers got their name- they were pretty wild and out of control. (But then, who wouldn't be if you were raised by young sister moms.) I wonder if living with them is a little like living in a Christian frathouse, and Jim Bob and Michelle are encouraging them to marry.

• Upvote 20

On 3/19/2021 at 6:42 PM, CaptainFunderpants said:

IDK, but I know Laura Ingalls Wilder was one too -at least, it was in one of her books.

So was Ichabod Crane!

• Upvote 3

If Jana does marry Stephen she’ll throw out the average age even more than “bachelor to the rapture” JD. I wonder why the older twins were in so much less of a hurry than the others. Of course, during those years between Josh and Jessa’s weddings, Michelle was still popping out babies and Anna started on her brood, so it seemed more sinister that Jana was at home sister momming. If one of the younger Duggs were to wait until their late 20s/early 30s to find the right person I think we’d be more inclined to think they were just not rushing into things.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 12

The Bates seem to have much more of a difference  between boys and girls. In their family the boys seem to play around until their late twenties where the girls almost all got married before they turn 22.

• Upvote 8

On 3/18/2021 at 1:29 PM, BullyJBG said:

The Duggars had St Patrick's Day celebrated as part of an episode during, I think 18 Kids and Counting. They wore green, they put green in all their food, and there was jokes about green poop, and someone said "don't put that in the episode".

I know I'm going back a few days here, but isn't Michelle's family at least part Irish? That would explain celebrating a Catholic holiday.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

15 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

I know I'm going back a few days here, but isn't Michelle's family at least part Irish? That would explain celebrating a Catholic holiday.

Her maiden name is of Irish origin.

• Thank You 2

I checked the TLC schedule and there's no show scheduled for April 6th so it looks like next week's show is just a birth special for Brooklyn and a little bit of other content.  I'm starting to wonder if they'll just do "specials" from now on and no more regular seasons.  

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, fundiefriday said:

I checked the TLC schedule and there's no show scheduled for April 6th so it looks like next week's show is just a birth special for Brooklyn and a little bit of other content.  I'm starting to wonder if they'll just do "specials" from now on and no more regular seasons.  

If that’s the case, it seems like there might be a rush to the unemployment office in NWA, and the pharmacy for some much needed reliable birth control.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 15

3 hours ago, fundiefriday said:

That would make the most sense. There's too many babies and marriages in this family for the show to keep up in real time, and none of it is interesting anyway. Little specials here and there to show a marriage or birth would be the best, but I doubt Jim Boob wants to give up the gravy train. 

• Upvote 12

29 minutes ago, viii said:

That would make the most sense. There's too many babies and marriages in this family for the show to keep up in real time, and none of it is interesting anyway. Little specials here and there to show a marriage or birth would be the best, but I doubt Jim Boob wants to give up the gravy train. 

How is this still profitable for TLC?  I don't get it.  Those "where are they now?" type of specials for different things tend to interest people, but hey Duggars....we can't miss you if you don't go away!

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, viii said:

That's why we need some extra-ordinary Duggar  wedding: 2 Duggars marrying 2 Wissmans, or  a married at first sight wedding. Perhaps the Duggars could go fundy Mormon and embrace polygamy*. That would boost ratings.

*Or even better, polyandry. You know you would watch Jana's marriage to 3 hunky fundy farmers.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 22

9 hours ago, HereticHick said:

That's why we need some extra-ordinary Duggar  wedding: 2 Duggars marrying 2 Wissmans, or  a married at first sight wedding. Perhaps the Duggars could go fundy Mormon and embrace polygamy*. That would boost ratings.

*Or even better, polyandry. You know you would watch Jana's marriage to 3 hunky fundy farmers.

I wouldn’t watch it. (I get second hand embarrassment and awkward as hell from reality shows). But I sure as would read the recaps here and would be hanging for them every week. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Has there been any speculation about Johanna Duggar and Carver Bowers yet?  He posted some photos from the Denver/Praise wedding this past weekend on his Instagram, and there's one of him and Johanna sitting next to each other with another young guy and girl, singing. How old is she now?

• Upvote 3
  • Fuck You 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, sparrow said:

Has there been any speculation about Johanna Duggar and Carver Bowers yet?  He posted some photos from the Denver/Praise wedding this past weekend on his Instagram, and there's one of him and Johanna sitting next to each other with another young guy and girl, singing. How old is she now?

We were just commenting on the intermittent speculation regarding Hannie's potential future with a Bowers or Bontrager boy xD. Carver Bowers has a couple posts a few months back including the Arkansas fundies, and then again from when the Duggs were at the recent Bont/Helf wedding, and I was just coming here to comment on the video! It's Carver Bowers, Hannie, Liz Bontrager, and Joe the new not-a-Bontrager that sings in their band sometimes since a bunch of the sibs married and left. Haha. Johannah is 15 now. Joy, Joe, Si (and of course Justin...) all knew their spouses as teenagers, so it's always a possibility. 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

Teenagers date in the normal world so I wouldn’t be shocked if they “liked” each other but I’m betting JB wouldn’t allow them to officially court until she’s 17 and marry at 18. It seemed more like Hannie and Liz Bontrager were acting like BFFs in the pics because they dressed in the same outfit. And we know fundies love to match each other. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, sparrow said:

God I hope not. Carver is sooo far out of her league attractiveness-wise, he can do wayyy better.

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 34
  • Disgust 2
  • Bless Your Heart 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 14

16 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

God I hope not. Carver is sooo far out of her league attractiveness-wise, he can do wayyy better.

This seems like a very superficial and unkind thing to say.  

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 21
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

This seems like a very superficial and unkind thing to say.  

This. Also, what someone considers attractive is always a matter of personal preference. And not just a matter of looks. Even as a teenager, I did not necessarily crush on the best-looking* guys, but on ones I was attracted to personality-wise.

*by whatever standard you may want to use.

• Upvote 23

5 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I don't know what you are dealing with in real life right now, but I hope you'll feel better soon and stop posting stuff like this on FJ. Again an extremely rude comment.

• Upvote 25
  • Thank You 4

12 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

You are wrong as well as rude.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

12 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

@CaptainFunderpantsPlease post a picture of yourself and, if applicable,  your significant other, so we can superficially judge you. Also, please provide pics of your children, if any, so we can also decide if they are worthy human beings or not.

KTHXBye.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic