IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 40: Acting Like Everything Is Normal in the Middle of a Pandemic

Coconut Flan

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Now that I think about it maybe someone should tell the Duggars that St. Paddy's Day the Pope's long con to turn the US into a papist society.  Then there will be more green beer and shamrocks for the rest of us as they disavow a new devils holiday. :) 

I guess their ignorance at least keeps them from wearing orange, and trying to provoke Protestant vs Catholic conflicts.

• Upvote 9

4 minutes ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I guess their ignorance at least keeps them from wearing orange, and trying to provoke Protestant vs Catholic conflicts.

I never wear orange.  Is it because of historical feuds riling up my ancient Celtic tribal DNA or because I hate the color and look terrible in it?  I guess we'll never know.  :) 

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 19

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I never wear orange.  Is it because of historical feuds riling up my Celtic tribal blood or because I hate the color and look terrible in it?  I guess we'll never know.  :) 

The dont move to the Netherlands.

I always hated that a country full of blond people has a national color that looks so bad on us.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 34
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I never wear orange.  Is it because of historical feuds riling up my ancient Celtic tribal DNA or because I hate the color and look terrible in it?  I guess we'll never know.  :) 

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

The dont move to the Netherlands.

I always hated that a country full of blond people has a national color that looks so bad on us.

My mom never bought me orange or yellow clothes, because she didn't like the way they look on me, so I've never been big on either color. I will wear an orange t-shirt or turtleneck as my "Halloween costume" or because I'm in the mood to support my local university's sports teams.

Spoiler

61xkjQgh96L._AC_UX385_.jpg.3b52cce7d9a1541175ebe88cfe20e2a7.jpg

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
Added pic, then made it smaller
  • Upvote 7

2 hours ago, MamaMia02 said:

Saw on reddit a new episode is airing March 30th showing Brooklyn's birth 

First thought is who is this? Second thought why are they talking about Brooklyn Paine? Finally remembered they just had another kid. 

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 3

St Patrick’s day is technically a holy day but it’s not a religious thing for most of us in Ireland. It’s a day off school or work. Most people gather to celebrate and go to the parades. The pubs and restaurants are heaving. It’s a funny one because the weather can be horrific or gorgeous. The weather makes the day. To me it’s a bit meh. Our kids prefer the Pride parade in June ☘️

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I like the color, but look terrible in it with one exception.   There are many shades of orange and if the orange color leans more toward coral then it works for me.   Same thing with yellow.   Most shades are bad especially golden yellow but if it's more of a "lemon yellow" that works.   It comes down the the specific shade which incidentally I don't come across often with clothing.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

So, my guess is we have two seasons of this dreck left...the upcomjng one, and the last one which will milk Stephana’s relationship for all it’s worth. There’s really nothing to sustain it once Jana’s married off (sorry Jason, James, and eleventy granduggars...)

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

It's funny that it's  a cultural celebration on both sides of the Atlantic, but that it works itself out in very different ways  (and tbf people are much more chill about the orange/green divide than they used to be)

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

I think most caucasians look terrible in orange. I had a vibrant orange sweater I loved in high school that looked awful on me, but was so warm. Every time I wore it, my best friend would remind me orange isn't flattering. 20 years later it actually still comes up on occasion which I find hilarious.

Now, teal is the universally flattering color. Never met a person it didn't suit.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I think most caucasians look terrible in orange. I had a vibrant orange sweater I loved in high school that looked awful on me, but was so warm. Every time I wore it, my best friend would remind me orange isn't flattering. 20 years later it actually still comes up on occasion which I find hilarious.

Now, teal is the universally flattering color. Never met a person it didn't suit.

I feel the same way about dark maroonhttps://cdn.wallpapersafari.com/17/76/qFQ5rb.jpg  as you do about teal.  It look great on everyone.   

Edited by HeartsAFundie
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 3/18/2021 at 10:50 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

When I was a kid I remember once asking my mom if we were Irish at all and she answered that we were (just a bit) but we were the Orange kind not the green kind.  Not that she cared about the conflicts or the holiday at all and she'd wear a little green like the rest of us since that was the thing to do.  

On the topic of the color orange though... it was my middle kid's favorite color when she was really little... like from about 18 months until 6 or 7 years.  And then later my younger two went to a middle school that had uniforms - khaki pants with a choice of white, black, or orange polo shirt.  And then they all attended/ attend a high school whose colors are orange and black.  Plus we live in SF Giants fan land (we all vaguely support them, none of us are huge sports fans at all).  So let's just say everyone is over wearing orange when it isn't October and if a college they were looking at has an orange/black color scheme that was a checkmark in the 'negative' column.  

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

On the topic of the color orange though... it was my middle kid's favorite color when she was really little... like from about 18 months until 6 or 7 years.  And then later my younger two went to a middle school that had uniforms - khaki pants with a choice of white, black, or orange polo shirt.  And then they all attended/ attend a high school whose colors are orange and black.  Plus we live in SF Giants fan land (we all vaguely support them, none of us are huge sports fans at all).  So let's just say everyone is over wearing orange when it isn't October and if a college they were looking at has an orange/black color scheme that was a checkmark in the 'negative' column.  

Every school I ever went to was (navy) blue and gold. Completely unintentional, but by the time I graduated college I felt like I had spent my entire life in blue and gold. 

• Upvote 7

23 hours ago, seraaa said:

It's funny that it's  a cultural celebration on both sides of the Atlantic, but that it works itself out in very different ways  (and tbf people are much more chill about the orange/green divide than they used to be)

About the orange/green divide funny story from the US side of this....when I was a kid I asked my grams why she converted to Catholicism for my grandpa when they married.  Her reply was, "Easy.  He cared and I didn't."  She had been a Methodist (but her grams who raised her was a member of a Congregationist church - whatever that is) and she said he thought it would calm down his Irish Catholic mom who was NOT happy about him marrying a protestant.  

Spoiler alert it didn't work.   Even after 7 kids all in parochial schools she was still 'that protestant.'  Good thing grams gave no fs before giving no fs was a thing.  :) 

Now I'm curious and need to google what kind of sect Congregationalists are.  

I do have the same religious outlook as my grams.  Believe whatever you like, just don't annoy me with it.  

• Love 18

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Now I'm curious and need to google what kind of sect Congregationalists are.  

IDK, but I know Laura Ingalls Wilder was one too -at least, it was in one of her books.

• Thank You 4

19 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Pale Caucasian with reddish hair here! While I'd never wear the classic prison/sports team orange, I've been pleasantly surprised by how good I can look in a burnt orange. One of my favorite casual dresses a few years was in a 70's inspired geometric print featuring burnt orange, light tan and a warm earthy burgundy tone. Also last summer I got myself a cute little sundress in a bright coral. Initially I thought I'd be walking out with the rose petal pink version, but something about the vibrant coral really suited me. I often wear it with the Huda Neon Dreams orange eye shadow palette and I feel like a radiant tropical dream. As somebody who doesn't tan I've been surprised at how good some to the warm bright colours can look on me.

Of course, as a pale redhead I looove teal.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

Every school I ever went to was (navy) blue and gold. Completely unintentional, but by the time I graduated college I felt like I had spent my entire life in blue and gold. 

My high school colors were purple and white.  After I graduated it was a long time before I ever wore purple again.  Although I just dyed my hair purple (temporary overtone) so I guess I'm over it.  My undergrad was red and green... odd combo when it isn't December.  Grad school was navy and gold.  I grew up in Nebraska where the state football team is a religion and the color is red.  The first Saturday I was in grad school I happened to be wearing a red shirt because that was a color people actually wear in Nebraska and Missouri and some undergrad was appalled because I guess you aren't allowed to wear Stanford's color if you go to Berkeley.  I told him I didn't care about football at all but he was still aghast.  

• Haha 5

I was raised congregationalist (United Church of Christ Congregationalist) and I did not realize how liberal they were until I started catholic school in 7th grade. I have some close relatives who are gay and I remember being absolutely shocked that gay rights were still debated because my parents talked about it at such a young age. I'm an atheist now and have been for years, but that isn't a bad sect to join.

Eta: it came up that the catholic church did not support gay lifestyles, that's how it tries in. UCC is open and affirming and our ministers performed wedding ceremonies for couples before they were legally recognized.

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 6

When I was UU a United Church of Christ Congregationalist would often conduct services, weddings, etc--this was back in the '80s. So I assumed they were very similar. Learned the hard way that there are other Church of Christ groups that are --not.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

It doesn't look like Jason has his own thread so  I just thought I would would put this here. Jason is courting. It's not Lauren. According to WACB, it's someone from the Prott family? Never heard of them and not sure I am spelling that right. They are a fundie family with their own church.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4

1 hour ago, dawn9476 said:

It doesn't look like Jason has his own thread so  I just thought I would would put this here. Jason is courting. It's not Lauren. According to WACB, it's someone from the Prott family? Never heard of them and not sure I am spelling that right. They are a fundie family with their own church.

Yeah she said Jason, Jana and Jeremiah are in relationships. I think she said the Prott family but I cant find anything about them

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 2

On 3/18/2021 at 3:04 PM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So, my guess is we have two seasons of this dreck left...the upcomjng one, and the last one which will milk Stephana’s relationship for all it’s worth. There’s really nothing to sustain it once Jana’s married off (sorry Jason, James, and eleventy granduggars...)

You gotta wait until Jana has her first baby, that’ll be a big deal, especially if she has twins. ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Yeah she said Jason, Jana and Jeremiah are in relationships. I think she said the Prott family but I cant find anything about them

Wow so if this is true who remains to get a wife? (I'm picturing something like "you get a wife, you get a wife, you get a wife" and all the Howler in the attendance ??) is James of age yet? I have lost track 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic