IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 40: Acting Like Everything Is Normal in the Middle of a Pandemic

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Wow so if this is true who remains to get a wife? (I'm picturing something like "you get a wife, you get a wife, you get a wife" and all the Howler in the attendance ??) is James of age yet? I have lost track 

He’s older than the already married Justin, so by Duggar standards plenty old enough-

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

51 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

Yeah she said Jason, Jana and Jeremiah are in relationships. I think she said the Prott family but I cant find anything about them

That would be another strategy. Marry the rest of the kids off to lesser known families.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 4

So the Duggars were at the Bontrager/Helferrich Wedding which always leads to the question - any potential matches there? We still have Jason and James left to match? 

Or if they are making future matches for Jackson and down? I don't know enough about either family to call a Johannah/Bowers Kid X marriage at this point. 

ETA just saw the Jason stuff - he was the one in Texas right? Someone connected to the Spiveys? 

Edited by lexiloumarie
  • Upvote 5

The Helferichs have three left being Susanna, David and Stephen, Susanna being the oldest at 23 years old, then David 20 and I don't know how old Stephen is but not really any matches for the Duggars

• Upvote 5

Yeah there's been speculation of a future Johannah marriage to a Bontrager or Bowers bc they have similar-aged boys and the Duggars have been seen at events/conferences hosted by those family and vice versa recently. Ugh. #freejohannah and the other lost girls...

• Upvote 9

2 minutes ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

Yeah there's been speculation of a future Johannah marriage to a Bontrager or Bowers bc they have similar-aged boys and the Duggars have been seen at events/conferences hosted by those family and vice versa recently. Ugh. #freejohannah and the other lost girls...

I was looking at this yesterday, and my hope/guess is that it's a Johanna/Christian match. Aesthetically they pair well and he's only a year older than she.

Charlie Bowers turns 22 this year, so that's a pretty big gap for 15-year-old Johanna, and then Carver (19) is going to have way better offers than pairing off with a Duggar. Carver is a 10/10 looks-wise and according to his intagram, very well connected to the fundie maiden circuit via his piano playing at tons of weddings. I'm crossing my fingers for Carver Bowers and Liz Bontrager, but we'll see.  

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I was looking at this yesterday, and my hope/guess is that it's a Johanna/Christian match. Aesthetically they pair well and he's only a year older than she.

Charlie Bowers turns 22 this year, so that's a pretty big gap for 15-year-old Johanna, and then Carver (19) is going to have way better offers than pairing off with a Duggar. Carver is a 10/10 looks-wise and according to his intagram, very well connected to the fundie maiden circuit via his piano playing at tons of weddings. I'm crossing my fingers for Carver Bowers and Liz Bontrager, but we'll see.  

i'm hoping for none of the above, haha, and I don't think there'll be a 3rd bont/bow pairing now that they're all settled in as siblings-in-law thru the 1st two.

Charlie Bowers isn't that much older than Hannie, it seems like that way because they're 15/19 and she's still a child, but 19/23 is nothing fundies would take issue over. But the next Bower boys are '04 aod '05 babies, and the now-last-two single Bontrager boys are '02 and '05. Outside of the other Arkansas fundies, and the fundie-famous Bonts/Bowers/Bates, I'm sure there's even more IBLP teenage boys well age-matched to the lost girls. They weave a tangled web of marriage-and-babies-for-Jesus...

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

i'm hoping for none of the above, haha, and I don't think there'll be a 3rd bont/bow pairing now that they're all settled in as siblings-in-law thru the 1st two.

Charlie Bowers isn't that much older than Hannie.

Charlie was born in June '99. Hannie was born in October '05. That's 6½ years. It is a big gap, even for fundies.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

I wish people would stop match-making for 15 year old Johannah.  It's the age thing. I know it doesn't break rules, but she's still a kid. 

None of these families are big names outside of fundie circles. 

The Bowers are grifters like the Rod. Hopefully the show will be off the air by the time the younger girls are old enough to court and JB will have to find at least suitors with more serious financial potential. Also it would be great if they stayed away from people who were at the Insurrection. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 22
  • I Agree 19

8 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Charlie was born in June '99. Hannie was born in October '05. That's 6½ years. It is a big gap, even for fundies.

my bad, I meant Carver. and then the next two Bowers boys, lol. Anyways, the lost girls are all underage, I was just meaning that they all intertwine and who the heck knows will pop up in the future of the TTH

I remember back in the couple of years before Jill and Jessa started their courtships ... it seemed like the older 4 daughters were over 18 and single for a really long time and there was so much attention on why hadn't JB married any of them off yet... was he waiting deliberately or had they just not found the right guys yet.   Now it's the reverse... looks like they might get most of the howlers married off young and quickly.  

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I remember back in the couple of years before Jill and Jessa started their courtships ... it seemed like the older 4 daughters were over 18 and single for a really long time and there was so much attention on why hadn't JB married any of them off yet... was he waiting deliberately or had they just not found the right guys yet.   Now it's the reverse... looks like they might get most of the howlers married off young and quickly.  

That seems to be their approach in general. Clearly learned nothing from Josh. They still think the answer to potentially wayward boys is to marry them off at 18. They don’t seem to be in as much rush with the girls. 

• Upvote 10

35 minutes ago, Johannah said:

That seems to be their approach in general. Clearly learned nothing from Josh. They still think the answer to potentially wayward boys is to marry them off at 18. They don’t seem to be in as much rush with the girls. 

I don't know that it's about any of them being wayward at all and could be they just want them out of the house.

They loved the numbers and Michelle was addicted to pregnancy and the attention of having yet another newborn, but it was clear she tired of the kids by the time they were 6 months and then wean and on to making the next.  I can't imagine how sick she is of having kids now that it's no more new kid smell, no more publicity for being "and counting" and there hasn't been for years.

She doesn't have babies or blessings anymore...those have grown into actual people I can't imagine either of them know all that well.

Honestly, I am not shocked if they want to push them out as it's only in courtship/marriage/babies that those kids bring any attention to the family at all.  Other than that everyone who has raised kids knows real life can be challenging and exhausting and noisy and messy with kids and actually parenting has never been their strong suit.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

47 minutes ago, Johannah said:

The boy twins are 22, which is the age Joe got married at. Si was 21. JD 27. Only Justin (of the boys) married as a teenager. The girls weren’t that much different. Jessa at 21, Jinger at 22, and Jill at 23.

• Upvote 5

25 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

The boy twins are 22, which is the age Joe got married at. Si was 21. JD 27. Only Justin (of the boys) married as a teenager. The girls weren’t that much different. Jessa at 21, Jinger at 22, and Jill at 23.

What happened to "leave and cleave, buddy" as Michelle said in Josh's wedding episode?

I know it never applied, but they aren't even pretending anymore.  In their world the men are tasked with being sole providers*...in 2021 how is a late teen/early twenty something guy supposed to provide for himself and his wife and all the offspring that come early and often?  

What happened to being financially stable before getting married?  These people aren't prodigies....they aren't capable of financial independence to that extent so young.

*except tv money thrown at them due to the women and kids.  Apparently JB is still the sole provider in their minds despite the fact that there would be no suckling at the TLC teat without Michelle and her amazing uterus and his photogenic daughters.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

And Joy was 19 when she married, so they've had one teenage bride and one teenage groom. I remember discussion (not sure if was here or elsewhere) around Joy and Jinger's weddings where people were insinuating JB was marrying them off quickly because they might be seen as "damaged goods" after the molestation scandal was made public. I think it's just normal in their circles to marry in the late teens or early 20s, even without ulterior motives. 

Part of the reason it might feel like the girls waited longer is that Josh married young, and then the next two weddings were kids #4 & #5. Had JD and/or Jana married in their early 20s, the weddings would have felt more consistently spaced. Instead there was an almost 6 year gap between weddings because the next siblings to get married are 3 and 4.5 years younger than Josh. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

JD was an outlier. And if the matchup rumors are true, it seems like they are in the process of pushing the howlers out the door at warp speed. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Although they are older, Jeremy and Jinger have over a 6 year age gap.

• Upvote 10
  • Disgust 1

I can’t imagine that young people who believes sex only belongs within marriage, and believe marriage is for life, would find much reason to wait if they’ve found someone they find compatible. 

Arkansas has one of the lowest median ages at 1st marriage in the US. Not teen age young, but mid-twenties young.  And I would assume for the ultra religious, they are going to tend to be at the lower end of the range. They won’t have lived together for a few years first. 

https://www.bgsu.edu/ncfmr/resources/data/family-profiles/payne-median-age-first-marriage-geo-fp-19-07.html

• Upvote 11

From the younger kids at home perspective( excepting Jana)- maybe they're the ones in a rush to get out? I mean looking at the lives of their married siblings looks pretty good to theirs by comparison. Maybe they don't care as much about who they're paired up with as long as they know them? I mean no jurisdictions, no subpar homeschooling, no JB or M, ability to negotiate clothing and media rules, no babysitting, and SEX.  They may be thinking "count me in!!"

It's sad really.

• Upvote 11

19 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

From the younger kids at home perspective( excepting Jana)- maybe they're the ones in a rush to get out? I mean looking at the lives of their married siblings looks pretty good to theirs by comparison. Maybe they don't care as much about who they're paired up with as long as they know them? I mean no jurisdictions, no subpar homeschooling, no JB or M, ability to negotiate clothing and media rules, no babysitting, and SEX.  They may be thinking "count me in!!"

It's sad really.

Even if that's the case they'd still need buy in from JB and M as well as their intended's parents to do it this way.

If they were running off to elope I'd think escaping is more plausible.  But as it is marriage before being financially independent (especially if no birth control) is the opposite of escaping for the boys, since it will leave them tethered to JBs purse strings for much longer than if they stayed single/childless until they made their own way.

Since they are just kids I do believe they can all be shortsighted enough to jump into marriage just to have some of that sweet fellowship they've heard so much about their entire lives.  They aren't thinking long term, which is why their parents shouldn't be encouraging this nonsense.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, Johannah said:

JD was an outlier. And if the matchup rumors are true, it seems like they are in the process of pushing the howlers out the door at warp speed. 

Acknowledging that JD is an outlier and omitting him from the data, and assuming the April 3 date is correct for Jed and Katey's wedding, the Duggar boys have married (or will marry, in Jed's case) at an average age of 21.11 years, while the Duggar girls have married at an average age of 21.90 years. So not much difference.

I think it's more the fact that the howlers are (almost) all now adults and are at or nearing the average age for a Duggar child to get married (which all combined, but leaving out JD, is 21.46 years). Jed and Jer are 22, Jason will be 21 in a month, and James will be 20 in a few months. Any of them being in a courtship now would put them on a timeline to potentially get married around the average. They had 5 boys in less than 4 years, so it makes sense that those 5 boys would be starting relationships/getting married in pretty quick succession. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

3 hours ago, Johannah said:

Ah, but JD is a pilot! That makes him valuable. They needed somebody around to fly their planes.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

• Coconut Flan locked this topic