IGNORED

Ashley Salyer: Stalking Planned Parenthood and Rejecting Bateses

HideousGreenShirt

31 minutes ago, indianabones said:

It keeps her posts and hashtags from showing up when you search for them, or when you're looking at the recommended posts page. It purposefully limits the amount of people who see the posts (without actively searching for her account) to only followers.

Ahhhh thank you very much. I get it now. 

• Upvote 2

On 12/29/2020 at 7:53 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope many fundies got the shadow ban this year.

Maybe they are.

I joined Instagram a few months ago, have never posted/replied, do not follow any one, but I check in on the Duggar and Bates accounts frequently... just so I can stay more current here on FJ and understand what you guys are talking about.

Recently, like a couple of weeks ago, I found I could no longer quickly pull them up on Instagram... that 'feature' wasn't working and I had to type in all or nearly all of the name to get their account to pop up as a selection. I assumed Instagram was punishing me for never posting or liking or replying, or else it was something to do with my browser (and it may be.) 

So this shadow banning is welcome news. Used to be I could type in a "J" and Duggar accounts popped up all over the place. Or I could look up one Duggar or Bates and other Duggar and Bates accounts would also pop up. I believe Amy Duggar's account still pops up quickly as I begin to type her handle.

• Upvote 10

6 minutes ago, Bobology said:

Maybe they are.

I joined Instagram a few months ago, have never posted/replied, do not follow any one, but I check in on the Duggar and Bates accounts frequently... just so I can stay more current here on FJ and understand what you guys are talking about.

Recently, like a couple of weeks ago, I found I could no longer quickly pull them up on Instagram... that 'feature' wasn't working and I had to type in all or nearly all of the name to get their account to pop up as a selection. I assumed Instagram was punishing me for never posting or liking or replying, or else it was something to do with my browser (and it may be.) 

So this shadow banning is welcome news. Used to be I could type in a "J" and Duggar accounts popped up all over the place. Or I could look up one Duggar or Bates and other Duggar and Bates accounts would also pop up. I believe Amy Duggar's account still pops up quickly as I begin to type her handle.

Oh I would love a list of all the fundies who’ve been shadow banned. It would give me such a feeling of satisfaction, lol.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

I was reading posts on the Bringing up Bates subreddit and saw that Ashley posted videos of someone being taken away from Planned Parenthood by ambulance (and of course, assumed it was from a botched abortion). A lot of Redditors said that they reported her to Instagram for violating that person's privacy. That is probably what caused the shadowban.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 9

Pardon my language, but considering there are a lot of very wanted babies whose mothers seek care both at PP and other clinics, what a stupid bitch. If someone had dared assume my trip to the hospital during my miscarriage was my fault I'd have punched them, hard.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 1/1/2021 at 10:05 PM, indianabones said:

I was reading posts on the Bringing up Bates subreddit and saw that Ashley posted videos of someone being taken away from Planned Parenthood by ambulance (and of course, assumed it was from a botched abortion). A lot of Redditors said that they reported her to Instagram for violating that person's privacy. That is probably what caused the shadowban.

Would PP call an ambulance for an ectopic pregnancy? I don't think they could deal with it in house. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Damn, Ashley! As someone who just fled NYC myself, Covid has definitely not done great things for the city or its appeal. But I don’t think that’s what she’s talking about when she refers to it as the rat/pigeon infested abortion capital of the world and a cesspool of political and literal garbage. And, if her life’s mission is to criminalize abortion, shouldn’t she BE in the purported “abortion capital of the world”? Just sayin. Sounds like she’s been subject to some serious brainwashing. By her husband? His family? Even the pigeons can’t escape her wrath! Also, good ol’ red state? ?

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Damn, Ashley! As someone who just fled NYC myself, Covid has definitely not done great things for the city or its appeal. But I don’t think that’s what she’s talking about when she refers to it as the rat/pigeon infested abortion capital of the world and a cesspool of political and literal garbage. And, if her life’s mission is to criminalize abortion, shouldn’t she BE in the purported “abortion capital of the world”? Just sayin. Sounds like she’s been subject to some serious brainwashing. By her husband? His family? Even the pigeons can’t escape her wrath! Also, good ol’ red state? ?

Her husband’s farm is in Ohio, which is actually considered a swing state. So I don’t know what the fuck she’s even on about. I think Ashley hasn’t had much success at the abortion provider lately. With covid, no one is going to be polite or try to listen to her garbage. It’s a fucking pandemic Ashley. Stop harassing women outside an abortion provider for fucks sake. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7

I've always wondered what they were doing in NYC to begin with.  But please, by all means, Ashely, have at it.  Go. NYC will not miss you. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, BeccaGrim said:

I've always wondered what they were doing in NYC to begin with.  But please, by all means, Ashely, have at it.  Go. NYC will not miss you. 

I’m sure the rest of the family will stay. Her family lives in the Bronx. I believe her dad has a regular job and her mother runs a daycare out of their home. 

• Upvote 9

She's not wrong about the rats and literal garbage, but as others have said: Don't let the door hit you on the way out, Ashley!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

Doesn't her husband have a good paying job in NY? I just can't see her moving from NY. She can hop on a bus or train and go anywhere she wants throughout NY. I guess the cultural diversity part isn't important to her.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Right before she posted this, I was taking a shower and thinking about fundies (as I do) and I imagined her husband telling her that they needed to move to Ohio to be closer to his family and her crying to him "But I can't leave my Planned Parenthood!" Then, in my thoughts, Ashley realized that Ohio also has Planned Parenthoods and she was more likely to succeed in taking away women's reproductive rights in a state with more Republican politicians. She then agreed to the move.

Then I went into Instagram, saw this post, and realized she's less attached to her Planned Parenthood branch than I thought...

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Dominionatrix said:

@indianabones That is a spookily spot-on premonition! Do JillRod next!

Haha, reading about Jill stresses me out waaaay too much.

And Ashley had been posting to her stories about all the fun things she had been doing in Ohio. I hadn't realized that Eric moved to New York to be with her. That made me think about how, as the head of the household, it wouldn't be surprising if he told her that it was her turn to live in his home state. I just didn't think that she would be quite as gung-ho about it after all the bragging she does about being such a city girl.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, mstee said:

Do you know where in Ohio he is from? I’m too lazy to go Instagram digging. 

They got married in Lancaster, which is not far from Columbus, so I'd guess somewhere in Central Ohio. They also had Skyline Chili bags in one of her Instagram photos from Christmas, so they're probably not far outside Columbus. There are a bunch of Skyline locations around Columbus but they're pretty much in urban/suburban areas. I can't imagine driving a long distance back home with carryout Skyline. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

Haha, reading about Jill stresses me out waaaay too much.

And Ashley had been posting to her stories about all the fun things she had been doing in Ohio. I hadn't realized that Eric moved to New York to be with her. That made me think about how, as the head of the household, it wouldn't be surprising if he told her that it was her turn to live in his home state. I just didn't think that she would be quite as gung-ho about it after all the bragging she does about being such a city girl.

Eric didn’t move to NYC for Ashley. He’s an actual fundie who moved there for a job and then met Ashley there. 

As long as there is an electoral college in the US, I welcome fundies to move from blue or swing states to red states. It means their vote means much less. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

As long as there is an electoral college in the US, I welcome fundies to move from blue or swing states to red states. It means their vote means much less. 

Are we giving up on Ohio as a swing state?

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

Are we giving up on Ohio as a swing state?

It’s honestly hard to say. I truly hope it doesn’t go completely red. We will have to see in the next election. 

• Upvote 4