IGNORED

Ashley Salyer: Stalking Planned Parenthood and Rejecting Bateses

HideousGreenShirt

23 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

No, actually it started with rhetoric like Trump's. German here, with a degree in history, and can confirm that girlfriend doesn't have a clue what she's talking about. ?

ETA: I may have to take a break from fundie instagrams for a while. People like her make my blood boil.

Same here: German, with a degree in history and you are absolutely right @Nothing if not critical she hasn't got a f*cking clue. And just like you, I unfollowed a lot of fundie IG accounts over the last days, because I just can't take it anymore.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 6

• 3 weeks later...

I am beyond disgusted.

Ashley and Anastasia said they basically kidnapped a couple outside pp. They "counselled" the couple which somehow led to them getting the couple and their one year old into a car, drove them away with FIVE other "sidewalk counsellors" to take them to lunch. They were also thrilled when another girl they'd talked to jumped in and told them not to get an abortion. They say it was the Lord using her for his work.

These people are horrifying. 

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 11

Can you imagine being assaulted on the street by these lunatics? What if you were going in their to get just regular gyno check ups? And we're in a covid pandemic, none of them should be getting in cars with strangers and going to lunch. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10

I wish they'd use all their energy and passion for a good cause, rather than their super gross hobby of harassing women at Planned Parenthood.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

9 hours ago, indianabones said:

I wish they'd use all their energy and passion for a good cause, rather than their super gross hobby of harassing women at Planned Parenthood.

They could accomplish so much and really make a positive impact on people's life. Imagine they would spend all the time they apparently have on their hands to support single mothers or to help elderly people that are cut off from their families and social contacts due to the pandemic (grocery shopping, conversations through the telephone, etc.)

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

I hope that woman was just going for her annual exam and saw the opportunity to remove the harassment for everyone else for an hour. Unlikely, but nice to dream.

• Upvote 19

On 11/27/2020 at 3:15 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I hope that woman was just going for her annual exam and saw the opportunity to remove the harassment for everyone else for an hour. Unlikely, but nice to dream.

Or get a free lunch and mocking them later at home.

• Upvote 13

On 11/26/2020 at 8:15 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

According to the post the lady was there to have an abortion. Her bf didn’t want her to have one and her mother didn’t either. Are either of these ladies going to help pay for the baby to be raised? Nope. They need to stay out of it!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8

I guess I wonder how they get so much info about these women's medical situations. Whenever I went to PP and there were protesters they assumed I was getting an abortion instead of my pap smear or annual for continued birth control based on the stuff they were yelling at me.  I'm not saying these women are lying to them, but there's no guarantee that 1. they are being totally truthful or 2. the fundies are being totally truthful.  Women walking away from a picket line because they don't want to deal with it could morph into all sorts of babies saved to these wackos.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

There are hospitals that perform abortions. And also some private clinics and OB/GYN offices. This just highlights even more the health disparity in this country. People with privilege can often access abortions in private settings without being harassed by picketers. The rest have to be subjected to the likes of Ashley Salyer. 

I have a friend who is an OB/GYN specializing in family planning. She almost exclusively performs abortions, but also does some prenatal care and deliveries. She works in a hospital partly because she also does research and teaching. There are no picketers and no security required. I doubt most people even know that hospital performs abortions. 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 2

Most Planned Parenthood abortions are medical not surgical these days in California.  They're by pills so don't even occur on the premises.  Our local ones refer out anyone needing a surgical abortion and they usually go to free-standing surgery centers that so far appear to be protest free.  

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 15

On 9/24/2020 at 9:43 AM, kmachete14 said:

If that quotation is really from a Catholic nun, then her version of "pro life" would be all encompassing

It is all encompassing and she's a real person and a real nun.  Here's a link to her website: joanchittister.org/content/about-joan-chittister

On 12/4/2020 at 10:07 AM, Johannah said:

There are hospitals that perform abortions.

Catholic hospitals have proven to be a problem in our area.  One solution was to give a floor of the hospital over to women's health services, separate from the hospital, so abortions could be performed and they could offer a full range of family planning.  

• Upvote 12

• 3 weeks later...

Hey folks. Have ya'll seen Ashley's beautiful new Christmas pic on Instagram? Looking kinda round in the middle, plus someone might have given away a hint in her comments. Thought she had been kinda quiet lately?

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Johannah said:

There’s a private Amazon baby registry listed on her instagram page

Good bet then. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
I wonder how long it stays private. I wonder if she will open it to get more gifts from
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, Johannah said:

There’s a private Amazon baby registry listed on her instagram page

If you go back to the last pic of the wedding she responded to a comment saying it was for a mom through PP.

When I saw the Christmas pics I definitely thought she was pregnant.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

12 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Looks like Ashley's been shadowbanned on Instagram! ?

So I read the explanation of what that was. Does it mean that she has been doing to to her followers or that people she follows have been doing it to her? 
how did you notice? 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

So I read the explanation of what that was. Does it mean that she has been doing to to her followers or that people she follows have been doing it to her? 
how did you notice? 

I searched for her profile on Instagram and had to type in the entire name for it to show up. The same thing happens with Jill Rodrigues.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

how did you notice? 

13 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I haven't seen any pics, but maybe she's not announcing until she decides if she wants to keep it.

Ok, so I really had to Google, shadow banned??She probably banned us. If you're not ashamed of your hard core fundie life...then why ban people? Do you suppose she has been threatened or just aggravated by those who don't share her opinions? 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Ok, so I really had to Google, shadow banned??She probably banned us. If you're not ashamed of your hard core fundie life...then why ban people? Do you suppose she has been threatened or just aggravated by those who don't share her opinions? 

Instagram itself controls the shadowbans, Ashley has no control over it herself. She was probably shadowbanned for sharing election conspiracy theories or COVID misinformation- that's usually why people have been shadowbanned on Instagram this year.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

Instagram itself controls the shadowbans, Ashley has no control over it herself. She was probably shadowbanned for sharing election conspiracy theories or COVID misinformation- that's usually why people have been shadowbanned on Instagram this year.

So Instagram is limiting her audience? I can still see her. What is the purpose of shadow banning if some people can still see them.  If they don’t want the message across shouldn’t they delete them? Genuinely curious because I wonder how I am missing their logic :)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

So Instagram is limiting her audience? I can still see her. What is the purpose of shadow banning if some people can still see them.  If they don’t want the message across shouldn’t they delete them? Genuinely curious because I wonder how I am missing their logic :)

It keeps her posts and hashtags from showing up when you search for them, or when you're looking at the recommended posts page. It purposefully limits the amount of people who see the posts (without actively searching for her account) to only followers.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5