IGNORED

Dillards 85: Ungodly Swim Suits It's a Cruel Summer

samurai_sarah

2 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I kind of assumed the pina colada was virgin. 

I’m not sure since Amy posted a few weeks ago about missing Jill and wishing she was with her and she was drinking 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, JDuggs said:

I know I’ve read a comment from Derick that he doesn’t think there’s anything wrong with drinking alcohol, but he personally chooses not to imbibe. I highly doubt that Jill would choose to drink without Derick drinking too.

But actually awesome if she did, since she’s an adult and should make her own choices without looking to her husband like he’s the authority in her life. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 12

1 hour ago, Iamtheway said:

But actually awesome if she did, since she’s an adult and should make her own choices without looking to her husband like he’s the authority in her life. 

And how great for the relationship if yes he did prefer she didn’t drink but shut the fuck up and let her enjoy her drink. That would be even better. I’m not talking about if she did happen to get a drinking problem or chose to drink when she was pregnant. Then I would total endorse him having an opinion. 

• Upvote 9

11 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

She confirmed it's with booze. Screenshots below in case the comments disappear. 

Hide contents

Screenshot_20200906_191720.thumb.jpg.0510cc3ebc4bc9c545d8f2a6858319e3.jpgScreenshot_20200906_191752.thumb.jpg.743e5058b2561b8a19128379e2eb1762.jpg

I've been saying/thinking this a lot lately, you go, Jill! 

I’ve never been prouder, I never ever thought it would be Jill. I think therapy is helping her a lot. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 25
  • Love 2

Good for Jill! She deserves all the drinks for having to raise her own parents' kids her entire childhood. I honestly wasn't expecting her to confirm if it was an alcoholic drink or not, but she came through.  She has clearly been getting helped and has been talking through her messed up childhood and beliefs she was taught and I'm so happy to be seeing the progress! Go Jill! 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 30

Wow--it keeps getting curiouser and curiouser.  I'd be genuinely interested in hearing from her at some point in the future about these changes.  It seems like a fairly dramatic shift by Duggar standards. I do wonder how it started, what her thinking is, what her relationship is like with her family now.  I really wish her well.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 23

A tell all from Jill, yes please. I mean I’m not gunna read it. But some one on here will and will be lovely enough to recap it. Cheers to that future person!  

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

For the average over 21 year old ordering your first drink is huge. Imagine that times 10 for Jill.  What was going through her mind as she took her first sip?  Also must people grow up around drinking so have some idea of what to try. I wonder if she has had other drinks and how she choose. 

• Upvote 17

12 minutes ago, frugalitymom said:

For the average over 21 year old ordering your first drink is huge. Imagine that times 10 for Jill.  What was going through her mind as she took her first sip?  Also must people grow up around drinking so have some idea of what to try. I wonder if she has had other drinks and how she choose. 

Oh I wanna send her suggestions. I want her to do a video saying her favourite flavours and asking for suggestions... now that I would watch for sure. 

• Upvote 4

Go Jill and I am also now singing to myself 'If you like pina colodas and getting caught in the rain'. I am happy that she is able to do things that a few years ago she would never have done and she also seems happy. I worried for her and Derick a couple of years ago they both seemed miserable, the changes they have made seemed to have made both of them happier and that is good for them and their children. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 12

I'm so impressed that she would order a drink if she wants a drink. I hope when Derrick is finished with law school, and settled in his new job, Jill will have the opportunity to go back to school, if she chooses.

Wouldn't it be amazing if somewhere down the road, we find out Jill is a whiz at nuclear engineering, or molecular biology, or both!!

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, moreorlessnu said:

I'm so impressed that she would order a drink if she wants a drink. I hope when Derrick is finished with law school, and settled in his new job, Jill will have the opportunity to go back to school, if she chooses.

Wouldn't it be amazing if somewhere down the road, we find out Jill is a whiz at nuclear engineering, or molecular biology, or both!!

Psychology, with a thesis on enmeshed families.

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

I am hoping, and dreaming, and praying, and wishing that Jill will go to nursing school, and have the opportunity to blossom intellectually, if that is her heart’s desire. 

As one of the older kids she actually did acquire a GED. She should be able to move into community college without impediment. 

I just checked, there are community college programs near her. Some lead to an LPN and some offer an RN. 

There are also programs, near her, that allow an RN to BSN. The road to an education is possible for her if her husband will support her and be a partner. I am allowing myself a glimmer of hope and imagining a future for her with options and possibilities. 

I can see her as a great school nurse! 

I can imagine her in a medical practice! 

I can foresee her on an L&D floor assisting women to safely give birth. 

• Upvote 24
  • Love 1

Derick at one point said that Jill could be a lawyer if she wanted to. To me, that says that he is willing to support her going to school for a degree. She might wait until Sam is in public school. She seems to enjoy teaching him for preschool.

Edited by DarkAnts
  • Upvote 21
  • Love 2

I’ve been thinking about Jill pre-transformation and I do think all the signs were there. She was bossy and stuck up because she wanted order in a disorderly house, needed to kiss up to her parents to feel validated, and had the general “type A” big sister personality because she could think things through and realize there needed to be accountability (and I’m not talking about JBs version lol). She was smug because she knew she was the best at whatever they were doing — that’s a sign of ambition and confidence. Even her missionary dreams were probably her only ticket to travel, meet new people, experience other culture, and learn more. Her midwife dreams show she was smart and valued education and women’s health. 

Maybe all these qualities were insufferable in a fundie environment, but perhaps Jill was just being the “best” in her environment, without actually believing in the environment. Now she can use her curiosity, ambition, and confidence in an environment she actually likes. 

• Upvote 26

My guess for most likely first drink scenario is that Jill was curious and Amy obliged. 

We know Jill and Derick have visited Amy and Dillon's whiskey and cigar lounge. I can't think of a more private, less risky location for her to try alcohol and see if she liked it. 

Agree with @frugalitymom that trying alcohol at all is a huge deal for Jill, let alone publicly posting a photo of her order for all the world to see.

Sorry Jim Bob, you can tease as many howler courtships as you like and have tlc air almost year-old birth specials for as long as you want. We're all way more interested and excited about what's going on in Jill's life. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 24

I love that she’s open about it! I find Amy annoying but she seems to be a really good influence on Jill! That and getting away from the tv show. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Bassett Lady said:

I am hoping, and dreaming, and praying, and wishing that Jill will go to nursing school, and have the opportunity to blossom intellectually, if that is her heart’s desire. 

As one of the older kids she actually did acquire a GED. She should be able to move into community college without impediment. 

I just checked, there are community college programs near her. Some lead to an LPN and some offer an RN. 

There are also programs, near her, that allow an RN to BSN. The road to an education is possible for her if her husband will support her and be a partner. I am allowing myself a glimmer of hope and imagining a future for her with options and possibilities. 

I can see her as a great school nurse! 

I can imagine her in a medical practice! 

I can foresee her on an L&D floor assisting women to safely give birth. 

I teach at a community near her and our nursing program is amazing and many go from us to larger universities. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, kmachete14 said:

I’ve been thinking about Jill pre-transformation and I do think all the signs were there. She was bossy and stuck up because she wanted order in a disorderly house, needed to kiss up to her parents to feel validated, and had the general “type A” big sister personality because she could think things through and realize there needed to be accountability (and I’m not talking about JBs version lol). She was smug because she knew she was the best at whatever they were doing — that’s a sign of ambition and confidence. Even her missionary dreams were probably her only ticket to travel, meet new people, experience other culture, and learn more. Her midwife dreams show she was smart and valued education and women’s health. 

Maybe all these qualities were insufferable in a fundie environment, but perhaps Jill was just being the “best” in her environment, without actually believing in the environment. Now she can use her curiosity, ambition, and confidence in an environment she actually likes. 

I think about this quite a bit - as much as we like to trash Jill's Midwifery education, she was the only Duggar girl, and one of the only Duggars who sought any further education (The only other one if I'm correct is Joseph's semester at Crown College). It makes so much sense that she broke out first, as the sibling that wanted to study, have some kind of career, travel and help others. She just channeled all her energy into the limited fundie/parental approved avenues, and told herself and her sisters that they had to work on their contentment.

• Upvote 23

No wonder JB has her house visits restricted. I'm surprised they haven't completely shunned her! I wonder if they would have if they didn't know that they would get torn apart in the media about it. 

JB and Michele must be beside themselves about this transformation in Jilly Muffin. 

It's true the church they attend is still pretty hateful and they probably still currently believe being gay is a sin and abortion is the only thing to vote about but there are a lot of steps between Fundy cult and woke liberal universalist. The Dillards have taken a LOT more big steps to the left in a pretty short period of time then I ever would have expected in a lifetime from them so who knows what the next few years may bring?

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 1

Josh has got to be envious of Jill... only two kids, husband close to being a lawyer (which was teen Josh's professed ambition,) goes where she wants, can have alcohol if she wants, public school for the kids, but most of all... free from JB's chains of oppression. 

• Upvote 42
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic