IGNORED

Dillards 85: Ungodly Swim Suits It's a Cruel Summer

samurai_sarah

I hope Jill is enjoying her time with Sam and seeing how much easier it is to travel during the day with one little person than it would be for two or more. I can see her wanting another child when Sam goes to school (if not before), but it is quite common for kindergarten children to have baby brothers and sisters.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, kiwi said:

A sponsored trip to a thrift store.... what?? emoji23.png Is she being paid in free second hand clothes??

why not? 

Her hubby is a student, she don't work, why not a sponsored post for a thrift shop. Seriuosly....

• Upvote 14
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

I like that she provided Sam with entertainment. He was not behaving like the howlers and trying to get into everything. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

I have no issue with them doing sponsorships with thrift shops and stuff that are actually stuff they are likely to use but when I see people doing sponsorships for stuff I know they will never use it pisses me off. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

I don't know if this could fit here or not, but since Amy and Jill D are often together lately, and I'm too lazy to search and revives her thread I will post it here fa8d7be2-b405-4333-a8d3-f9a1dcb8a1c8.png.dfdb3dc8960e0b399da151ccc4ea66d8.png

I almost wish Jill R would see it just to imagine her SEVERE meltdown for a Duggar contiguous trash her precious Plexus 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 24
  • Love 4

7 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

I don't know if this could fit here or not, but since Amy and Jill D are often together lately, and I'm too lazy to search and revives her thread I will post it here fa8d7be2-b405-4333-a8d3-f9a1dcb8a1c8.png.dfdb3dc8960e0b399da151ccc4ea66d8.png

I almost wish Jill R would see it just to imagine her SEVERE meltdown for a Duggar contiguous trash her precious Plexus 

Jill R is probably crying right now, comparing plexus to cocaine is hilarious. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 19

17 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I watched her IG videos. She seems really happy. It looked like a fun trip with Amy.

Thank you for pointing out the vids. They seem to truly enjoy each other and it makes me wonder if Jill always kind of liked and envied Amy, but wasn't "allowed" to have such a good time with her. Certainly the two of them would have never been allowed to hang out just together* in Jill's younger years. Amy no doubt is turning into a good influence for Jill. With Amy living next door (semi-ruralish but kind of next door) to Joy, and with Jill being Joy's sister-mom,   I wonder how much influence they will have with Joy. By influence, I mean causing Joy to think more critically about her upbringing, her oldest brother and the way her parents handled that, heck, the way her parents handle and handled everything, including not allowing Jill to be at JB's house without his permission or presence.

And speaking of Jill and Amy, I can't picture any of the other older Duggar daughters letting loose with big ol' guffaws, but I think Jill is getting to that place. And she can still be a woman,  and a wife,  and a mother, and **most important of all** a christian.

* I seem to vaguely remember an episode way back when Amy and Joy (?) were baking together at maybe Amy's mom's house. But the camera crew was obviously there, and possibly one or two sibling accountability buddies who were not shown on film, just to make sure Amy wouldn't try to put Joy in pants.

• Upvote 9

I rarely watch their stuff with sound on but I did this one, mainly because I personally like op shops (thrift stores). I agree they  genuinely liked each other. Them reminiscing about Jill's childhood made it seem almost normal. Imagining Jana skating around the kitchen on roller skates is weird. I just can't imagine her having so much of a personality. I also didn't like that they couldn't get an easy bake oven because they are "boy moms" Ummmmmmm 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

On 8/20/2020 at 6:17 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think WalMart requires everyone 

Sorry for the incorrect quote.  I dont know how to get rid of it.

One Rogers kindergarten has been closed because of Covid. I'm pretty sure it isn't the one Israel attends, but do you think it will cause the Dillards to rethink public school?

46 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Sorry for the incorrect quote.  I dont know how to get rid of it.

One Rogers kindergarten has been closed because of Covid. I'm pretty sure it isn't the one Israel attends, but do you think it will cause the Dillards to rethink public school?

Honestly, probably not. They may have to do remote kindergarten or convert to homeschool for some part of the year, but I think Derrick wants his kids in real school because he wants them to go to college (specifically Oklahoma State so they can carry on the Pistol Pete tradition).

for all of Derrick’s hatefulness, he is actually pretty smart and has critical thinking skills (which makes him more troubling from a political and cultural perspective). He can rationalize that public school isn’t inherently riskier than private school when it comes to covid, and it has the distinct advantage of being free. Long term home school is off the table given Jill’s lack of education. So public school is it.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, mpheels said:

Honestly, probably not. They may have to do remote kindergarten or convert to homeschool for some part of the year, but I think Derrick wants his kids in real school because he wants them to go to college (specifically Oklahoma State so they can carry on the Pistol Pete tradition).

for all of Derrick’s hatefulness, he is actually pretty smart and has critical thinking skills (which makes him more troubling from a political and cultural perspective). He can rationalize that public school isn’t inherently riskier than private school when it comes to covid, and it has the distinct advantage of being free. Long term home school is off the table given Jill’s lack of education. So public school is it.

I would hate for them to change their mind. Jill has seemed more aware of wearing masks and precautions than the other Duggar kids. 

• Upvote 6

The video of Israel's first day of school was so sweet. You can really see how far they've come as a family. I can't believe it because I thought Jill was the biggest koolaid drinker, and I hated Derrick. But Jill seemed authentically happy, and the boys seem like they're being cared for and nurtured. Jill's sons already seem leagues ahead of the other grandchildren.

Also, Israel had a Toy Story pillow. 

• Upvote 18
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, BernRul said:

The video of Israel's first day of school was so sweet. You can really see how far they've come as a family. I can't believe it because I thought Jill was the biggest koolaid drinker, and I hated Derrick. But Jill seemed authentically happy, and the boys seem like they're being cared for and nurtured. Jill's sons already seem leagues ahead of the other grandchildren.

Jill's transformation has been interesting for me because its shown my how reluctant I am to reassess my feelings towards someone. For some reason I always hated Jill the most (well, except Josh). There was something about her that I perceived as a sense of superiority and judgement towards those not like her family. Now that she's the closest to breaking away I'm really wanting to cheer her on, but can't completely shake my eye-rolling feelings towards her.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

I liked the Israel’s first Day of School video, too. It was fun hearing Sam answer some questions as Israel often answers for him. Glad they are all doing their own thing and do make different choices than the Duggar Borg. 

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, purple_summer said:

First day of school vid (didn’t see it posted) 

That was AMAZING! Did you see the outfit Jill wore for the last part of it? So un-Duggar-like; but I have seen enough busy moms of young kids just change into whatever they can grab for the moment. Keep it real, Jill!

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

Even though Jill and D-wreck still belong to a church with hateful tenents, and there has been much discussion on whether they should be praised or not, I think it's important to remember that she was literally brainwashed since a child. Meanwhile, her husband when through numerous family traumas and was then brainwashed by JB as well. It's not a quick fix to undo all that damage, and I think it's perfectly ok to celebrate these small transformations (which are clearly bigger than just pants/nose ring a la a few years ago). It could be 10-15 years before they are fully "evolved" in their beliefs. 

Even young adults who leave their parents' homes and go to college can take years to realize everything their parents believed isn't true or isn't for them. This is like that x100000. 

And, as most people have pointed out, even if Jill only ends up as a the average, conservative Christian (still believing some pretty awful stuff), her kids are then poised to break THAT mold and become even better people when they (hopefully) get a real education and go to college and meet all kinds of people. 

Sometimes it's generational change (I can think of my own Grandparents' beliefs vs. my parents' vs. mine, for example). 

• Upvote 25
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 9

In a way, this wasn’t just Israel’s first day of school, but Jill’s, too. I hope this is the basis of a brighter, less indoctrinated, and more independent life for the little Dillards! 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 20
  • Love 18

Yeah, there is no way Derrick is going to let Jill homeschool those kids. He still has his kindergarten year book. He genuinely enjoyed school, and seems pretty happy/proud to see Israel hitting the same milestones.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 4

21 hours ago, BernRul said:

Of my former Christian school students, the biggest kool-aid drinkers are the ones farthest away from that world now. But it doesn’t happen quickly. Those kids are in or near their 40s. 

• Upvote 15

20 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

Of my former Christian school students, the biggest kool-aid drinkers are the ones farthest away from that world now. But it doesn’t happen quickly. Those kids are in or near their 40s. 

I think in many ways that makes sense.  The ones who are most into it as kids are those that really value if their beliefs are 'the truth'.  They want to be correct because it's morally important to them.  Others that place less value on getting to the bottom of how 'true' their beliefs are are less likely to care if they're presented with conflicting evidence.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• samurai_sarah locked, unlocked, locked, unlocked and locked this topic