IGNORED

Carlin, Evan, and Layla Rae 8: Vlogging On YouTube

GreyhoundFan

That outfit is certainly a choice. Layla is beautiful but Carlin sure puts her in um, unique, ensembles. Good for her, I guess? 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1

I don’t know whether to laugh or cry.  Good Lord. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

If they had taken the extra fabric from whatever those ruffle/wing/napkin-tucked-into-the-collar things are and made it overalls with pants or a little skirt, I think it would be cute. But not whatever that is. 

• Upvote 14

It is from the exclusive "buoy" childrens line. It also inflates in case of an emergency. The novelty bow  emits a search beacon and matches the safety vest.

Edited by ven
Spelling
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 33
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

If they had taken the extra fabric from whatever those ruffle/wing/napkin-tucked-into-the-collar things are and made it overalls with pants or a little skirt, I think it would be cute. But not whatever that is. 

My theory: Carlin thinks Layla's chunky baby legs are too cuuuuute to be covered up, so she's going to only put her in nothing but a diaper cover, no matter the weather.  And the outfit was probably a gift from a stalker, or purchased online, and she's doesn't care that the sleeves are too long and the bib too big. Because she only views Layla as a baby doll to be dressed, not as a small human who deserves comfortable, functional, well-fitting clothing.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6

5 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Carlin, girl, what on God's green earth is this outfit?

I think, maybe, they were on Baby Project Runway. The designers were each given a roll of crepe paper streamers and a bunch of my mother-in-law's old nightgowns and were told they had to make a baby outfit. Layla's designer did not win. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 22

2 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I think, maybe, they were on Baby Project Runway. The designers were each given a roll of crepe paper streamers and a bunch of my mother-in-law's old nightgowns and were told they had to make a baby outfit. Layla's designer did not win. 

Layla's designer was checked for drugs and promptly removed from the show. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

I just wanted to say with regards to the social security number: I don't know how short this number is in the US that it can be so easily memorized, but I for sure do not know mine from the top of my head, and I don't really see the problem with that?
There's also no need for me to memorize it, because in my country you have to have an ID on you at all times, and your social security number is on your ID. I always have it with me, so there isn't really any reason I should memorize it. 
I assume that in the US your social security number is on your drivers license as well, and since driving is very normal to do, I assume most people have their number with them as well when they go places. (Of course, if this is not the case, I can see the need for memorizing your number.)

Edit: maybe I am assuming too much.
As far as I know, in most western European countries your social security number is also on your drivers license, and because of that you can, generally, use your drivers license as an ID. I don't know how this works in the US, and I don't know if drivers licenses are even the same across the US. Since the US doesn't have a nationwide ID law, it makes more sense that people don't have an ID on them at all times, and in that case it would make more sense to memorize your social security number. 

Edited by Marly
  • Upvote 2

So finally she put on a shirt for Layla, and now she forgot the pants.

32 minutes ago, Marly said:

I just wanted to say with regards to the social security number: I don't know how short this number is in the US that it can be so easily memorized, but I for sure do not know mine from the top of my head, and I don't really see the problem with that?
There's also no need for me to memorize it, because in my country you have to have an ID on you at all times, and your social security number is on your ID. I always have it with me, so there isn't really any reason I should memorize it. 
I assume that in the US your social security number is on your drivers license as well, and since driving is very normal to do, I assume most people have their number with them as well when they go places. (Of course, if this is not the case, I can see the need for memorizing your number.)

As far as I know, in most western European countries your social security number is also on your drivers license, and because of that you can, generally, use your drivers license as an ID. I don't know how this works in the US, and I don't know if drivers licenses are even the same across the US. Since the US doesn't have a nationwide ID law, it makes more sense that people don't have an ID on them at all times, and in that case it would make more sense to memorize your social security number. 

I know mine by heart but that's more because it is very easy.

My experience is indeed that people are surprised I do not need to check my drivers license. It's also not that you need it that much. Your bankaccount number is longer but somehow people remember it more easy because you need it more often. 

Edited by CarrotCake
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Marly said:

US social security numbers are 9 digits long, but the only place they are generally printed is on a separate social security card that most people don't carry with them. Each state issues its own drivers licenses, but I don't know of any state that includes your social security number on your drivers license. There is a separate drivers license number, which tends to be long and most people don't know by heart (my husband does, but I have no idea of mine). Because the social security number is used to do highly secure things like open lines of credit and file taxes, Americans tend to be very protective of it. Having your social security number compromised can cause years of problems like not being able to lease or buy a house or car, employment problems, etc. 

Most adult Americans know their social security number by heart because you need it to apply for a job, file taxes, apply to lease an apartment or apply for a car loan or mortgage. But at the time they got married, Carlin had never had a job, never lived anywhere but home, never driven a car that wasn't her parents'. She probably needed it for her college application, but using it once isn't going to make her remember it. I know mine now without hesitation, but when I was 20 or 21 like Carlin was when she got married, I might have had to look it up. And I had way more life experience than her by that point. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Layla’s odd clothes are surprising to me because Carlin has quite a nice style for herself. Sure, I wouldn’t want to wear everything she does, but overall, I do like her style. That’s why I find the fact she’s so clueless when it comes to her daughter unexpected. 

Edited by nelliebelle1197
removed odd typo
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Just going to note (and for the record, I'm a numbers/data nerd of sorts) - not everyone remembers numbers that well.  Also - for a lot of people SSN is not something you use everyday.  And I'd say especially a sheltered, home schooled fundie who has never had a real job.  And despite being a numbers nerd - nope, I don't know my DL number because I need that even more rarely than the SSN.

• Upvote 5

Whenever I look at Layla, I’m always cold. Either bare chest, bare legs, or both in every single outfit. That particular outfit, with its extraneous ruffles and the weird roll thing (a bib?) in front, looks like it would get in the way of an active baby, while not protecting her legs. Am I mean for hoping Layla spits up on these perfectly curated but hideous outfits and/or goes full goth the second she hits her teens? 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Just going to note (and for the record, I'm a numbers/data nerd of sorts) - not everyone remembers numbers that well.  Also - for a lot of people SSN is not something you use everyday.  And I'd say especially a sheltered, home schooled fundie who has never had a real job.  And despite being a numbers nerd - nope, I don't know my DL number because I need that even more rarely than the SSN.

It wasn't that she didn't know it. I can get that. I might not know mine except working one summer where I had to clock in for work by typing it in and then typing it again to go home. It was just the long list of things she didn't know and then her shock that some people actually know these things. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

carlin's baby clothes styling is horrible and impractical, but dam I give it to her, that those chunky little legs make my ovaries combust. aaaahhhhhdorable.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

It wasn't that she didn't know it. I can get that. I might not know mine except working one summer where I had to clock in for work by typing it in and then typing it again to go home. It was just the long list of things she didn't know and then her shock that some people actually know these things. 

Yes...not knowing whether or not she was born in TN, when to my knowledge she’s never lived anywhere else, and has seen scads  of her siblings brought to the same home after birth...she couldn’t put 2 and 2 together? It’s not like the Bateses were a military family. 

• Upvote 3

I just saw Carlin’s stories about the store. Do they really have the toilet next to the fitting rooms? ?

• Upvote 4

My grandma is probably clutching her pearls in her grave: a baby with a bare chest! That was a huge no-go in her book. She always dressed us waaaayy to warm, because she was afraid we might get cold.

• Upvote 3

On 4/20/2021 at 1:18 AM, SassyPants said:

They sure feed that baby a lot of sugary crap. 

Many kids that age are chubby. I doubt Carlin knews anything about nutrition, but all the kids in my family were like Layla despite not having had tasted sugar (at that age, I mean). 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I’m impressed they can afford that big of a space and multiple employees. Additionally surprised they are designing clothes, I thought they were like most boutiques who buy from AliExpress and resell.

Edited by onyourwayhome
  • Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic