IGNORED

Maxwell 40: Wearing Their Vests in an Apartment for Fun

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, kpmom said:

Or Burger King crew members?

But you can only have it your way if it’s Steve approved. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5

That gathering made me a little uncomfortable. Anna Marie has very little or no immune system right now and that was a lot of people. No one is wearing masks either. Are the Maxwells pretending COVID (and of course other germs) doesn't exist?

Edited by Eternalbluepearl
  • Upvote 20

10 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

"you were missed"

It's been noticed frequently by me that the passive voice is used way too often at Chez Maxwell. It must have been taught in the SOTDRT curriculum. 

Yeah, this always makes me want to add “by whom??”

She did it again with “tears were shed.” By whom Sarah, by whom?????

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

That gathering made me a little uncomfortable. Anna Marie has very little or no immune system right now and that was a lot of people. No one is wearing masks either. Are the Maxwells pretending COVID (and of course other germs) doesn't exist?

They did say that they kept their distance. From the photos it looks like everyone else stayed on the grass and Chris' family stayed in the drive. What I don't get is that Anna and Mary are with Chris' kids a ton and see the other families as well. So they are exposed to everyone anyway. 

• Upvote 12

12 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

"you were missed"

It's been noticed frequently by me that the passive voice is used way too often at Chez Maxwell. It must have been taught in the SOTDRT curriculum. 

Yes, the passive voice stood out to me as well. Not just because it was passive, but also because it would have been less letters to say "we missed you"! Ugh.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

On 7/21/2020 at 11:31 AM, SPHASH said:

Duggar birthday song:

Happy Birthday to you, a Happy Birthday to you, may you feel Jesus near, every day of the year, Happy birthday to you, a Happy Birthday to you, and the best one you ever had!

I've sung that one.  It's actually a far more energetic tune than the overly solemn regular Happy Birthday song.

Edit: At least she didn't write 'squad'.

All this talk of crews dredged up a bit of a song from the corners of my memory and I managed to identify it:

Scoop, Muck and Dizzy, and Rolly too
Lofty and Wendy join the crew
Bob and the gang have so much fun
Working together, they get the job done

Bob the Builder
Can we fix it?
Bob the Builder
Yes, we can!

Edited by CyborgKin
yes we can
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I've sung that one.  It's actually a far more energetic tune than the overly solemn regular Happy Birthday song.

Edit: At least she didn't write 'squad'.

All this talk of crews dredged up a bit of a song from the corners of my memory and I managed to identify it:

Bob the Builder, another harmless pleasure the Maxhell grandkids will miss out on, despite the boys being strongly encouraged to like building and the associated equipment.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

15 hours ago, lilith said:

Melanie with the added pressure of being the only “outsider” in the family and an extended uterus watch. 

She lost her first daughter.

• Sad 1
  • Love 3

19 hours ago, Fun-Dee said:

Or maybe a dance crew?

When I hear "crew" I think they should all be in a boat rowing together ?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

39 minutes ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

She lost her first daughter.

Even with the loss of Susannah, they were married for quite a while before they got pregnant, and I think there were a couple miscarriages along the way as well. In a culture that idolizes honeymoon babies (and one every year after that) and with both of them coming from families that seemed to be effortlessly large, that had to be devastating. I'm sure everyone assumed she would easily get (and stay) pregnant like her mom and was staring at her belly from the moment they got back from the honeymoon.

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

17 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

When I hear "crew" I think they should all be in a boat rowing together ?

And I think they should be on a packing and assembly line clocking in as a project crew.  Depends on how you mostly use crew in your life, I guess!

• Upvote 10

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

And I think they should be on a packing and assembly line clocking in as a project crew.  Depends on how you mostly use crew in your life, I guess!

In that case I would picture them as a team out in the woods or creeks doing a survey or hiking or even a "fire crew" of firefighters.  I don't have any connection to rowing other than being aware that the sport is called "crew".

What's weird is that I have recently seen other online references to ones family members as "our crew" and of course it made me think of Sarah Maxwell...

• Upvote 6

42 minutes ago, Bethy said:

Even with the loss of Susannah, they were married for quite a while before they got pregnant, and I think there were a couple miscarriages along the way as well. In a culture that idolizes honeymoon babies (and one every year after that) and with both of them coming from families that seemed to be effortlessly large, that had to be devastating. I'm sure everyone assumed she would easily get (and stay) pregnant like her mom and was staring at her belly from the moment they got back from the honeymoon.

In his announcement of Melanie's pregnancy way back then, Nathan mentioned his siblings had been praying for them to have a baby.  ?

Poor Melanie, all those Maxwell noses in her uterus. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 5

thread drift alert!

This was our family's birthday song. Easy to adapt the lyrics to the age and interests of the birthday child: 

Spoiler

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, Fun-Dee said:

In the few pictures I can see of Elissa, she is wearing either a very tight knee length denim skirt, or knee length shorts.  Maybe there's more than one reason that she is rarely featured in the blog.  

My guess is shorts.  In every picture she’s conveniently hidden behind someone else.  

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, bluelady said:

My guess is shorts.  In every picture she’s conveniently hidden behind someone else.  

Considering Sarah only posted pictures of jeans wearing Chelsy from the waist up at her maternity photo shoot and colored Bethany's bare belly at her baptism I'm not surprised.  They make an idol out of modesty.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

23 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Considering Sarah only posted pictures of jeans wearing Chelsy from the waist up at her maternity photo shoot and colored Bethany's bare belly at her baptism I'm not surprised.  They make an idol out of modesty.

Which is decidedly more immodest than the outline of a grown woman's legs or a preschooler's belly could ever be.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

9 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@CyborgKin, this is the cartoon I think of when I hear the word crew:

Oh I like!

Do our friends on here in America have Thomas the Tank Engine?

The dress code is interesting and will be interesting to see who breaks the modesty code as time goes on. We currently have:

-Jesse in shorts 

- Chelsy in jeans. Anna C in sleeveless top. Chelsy in sleeveless top. Elissa in possible shorts.

- dresses on children are getting shorter and more normal (basically not frumper style in some old fashioned pattern) - leggings!

- many contrasting colours among newer wives and children.

This is how it started with the Jill Duggar. And Jinger. What’s next? A Maxwell grandchild going to preschool? 

Edited by allyisyourpally5
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 3

48 minutes ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

Oh I like!

Do our friends on here in America have Thomas the Tank Engine?

Yes. we sure do!!  Thomas was my son's very favorite character when he was small.  He even got to ride on Thomas at a Day Out with Thomas event...2 different times!

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

I'm pretty sure there have been pics of John in shorts. On Chelsy's blog, at least. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

7 hours ago, Bethy said:

Did they HAVE a honeymoon away? Asking because I remember Teri or Sarah writing of the tearrrrrrrs shed at Nathan on his wedding night being gone from home-- across the street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Did they HAVE a honeymoon away? Asking because I remember Teri or Sarah writing of the tearrrrrrrs shed at Nathan on his wedding night being gone from home-- across the street!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, I actually don't know. I remember the weeping and gnashing of teeth because he'd moved all the way across the street but I kind of assumed they meant that his address had transferred to there, not that he and his wife were actually THERE that night. (But the point is still the same - whether they went on a cruise to the Bahamas or just turned off the phone ringer and locked themselves up in the house for sweet fellowship, the possibility of BAYBEEZ exists as soon as the ink dries on the marriage license, and I'm 1000% positive people were checking out her midsection within a week.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

I'm embarrassed that I know this (remembered it from Teri's wedding report), but, yes, they had a honeymoon in a cabin in the mountains of...you guessed it...Colorado. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, kpmom said:

I'm embarrassed that I know this (remembered it from Teri's wedding report), but, yes, they had a honeymoon in a cabin in the mountains of...you guessed it...Colorado. 

We will get to read all about it in the special YA Moody Miniseries “Growing Up With The Moodys - Max’s Wedding”. Maybe Sarah will get really creative and combine Chris and Anna’s post nuptial yoghurt drive with Nathan’s wedding narrative.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic