IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 13: Shut UP You Paper-Thin Chip Licker!

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, SpecialAgentCookieCrisp said:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2020/07/07/more-than-93-k-tennessee-businesses-approved-8-9-billion-ppp-loans-see-database-who-received-them/5387575002/

Anyone care to venture a guess who took a loan from the federal Paycheck Protection Program?

Remnant Fellowship and Exodus Industries. 

Your tax dollars at work funding her cult. I wonder if their stance on if the virus is real has changed since the YouTube video in March?

Start discussion now......?

This is exactly what @RFsurvivor and I feared months ago when this “loan forgiveness program” was announced. We are not even at the slightest, surprised. The corruption of this country runs deep and religious institutes are are the core of it.

Gotta love the good ole’ USA.

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

I can't get the PDf to open. How much did RF and Exodus each get?

Grifters gonna grift. Gwen is gonna gwen

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I can't get the PDf to open. How much did RF and Exodus each get?

Grifters gonna grift. Gwen is gonna gwen

$150,000-350,000

REMNANT FELLOWSHIP

BRENTWOOD

4/14/20

Truist Bank d/b/a Branch Banking & Trust Co

$150,000-350,000

EXODUS INDUSTRIES, LP

FRANKLIN

4/14/20

Truist Bank d/b/a Branch Banking & Trust Co

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2020/07/07/more-than-93-k-tennessee-businesses-approved-8-9-billion-ppp-loans-see-database-who-received-them/5387575002/  

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 5

3 hours ago, Marmion said:

And in addition to this , I just now read this news article .  

The list of recipients included a series of names that became instant political hot buttons.in addition to restaurants, mom-and-pop stores and churches, forgivable loans were given to a private school named for a grandfather of Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner; companies with ties to lawmakers, their families and celebrities; Washington lobbying shops; Wall Street investment firms and private jet managers.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/what-unites-planned-parenthood-kushner-kanye-ppp-loans-n1233038?

• Upvote 4

Okay so I promised to stop with the Daily Delusional reporting because it's rinse and repeat. And this one doesn't look new either but it NEEDS to be snarked on because it's such a stellar gwembodiment of all that is wrong with Gwen and also a perfect tutorial on how to write a Gwelusional.

Step 1. Pick some Bible quotes at random. The chances are they  will have nothing to do with being skinny.

Step 2. Claim that those Bible quotes mean Jesus wants you to be skinny. 

That's it, you're all done.

Spoiler

— Main Menu

Put on the New Life

July 08, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Put on the new life, be born again, and be a new creation by putting the Thin Eater behaviors and mindset into practice. Live like Jesus Christ in all humility and willingness to suffer to complete the will of the Father. Christ did not complain, he simply lived to please the Father, whatever it took. You cannot stop at just eliminating your old desires; you have to replace those old desires with godly new desires. You have heard of this parable taught by Jesus in Luke 11:24-26:

“When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first.”

This person that Jesus was talking about had accomplished the first step (made a decision to serve God) and the second step… they had repented and left the old behaviors behind. But they had not done the third step… put on the new self to be like Christ. By not filling the heart with the love of God, the wanton demons came back in and were seven times more wicked than before—now more bingeing, more greed, and more lust than before. Like Ephesians 4:19 says, “Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.”

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

It reads like science fiction. It may be Gwen's way of communicating that she in fact a lizard person.

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Put on the new life, be born again, and be a new creation by putting the Thin Eater behaviors and mindset into practice.

Gwen pulls the human skin onto her reptilian frame and takes on her new persona, "Thin Eater". Thin Eater is here to collect souls and trade bad formal wear for made up parties where, despite the heavily laden buffet tables, no one is allowed to eat.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Okay so I promised to stop with the Daily Delusional reporting because it's rinse and repeat. And this one doesn't look new either but it NEEDS to be snarked on because it's such a stellar gwembodiment of all that is wrong with Gwen and also a perfect tutorial on how to write a Gwelusional.

Step 1. Pick some Bible quotes at random. The chances are they  will have nothing to do with being skinny.

Step 2. Claim that those Bible quotes mean Jesus wants you to be skinny. 

That's it, you're all done.

Hide contents

— Main Menu

Put on the New Life

July 08, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Put on the new life, be born again, and be a new creation by putting the Thin Eater behaviors and mindset into practice. Live like Jesus Christ in all humility and willingness to suffer to complete the will of the Father. Christ did not complain, he simply lived to please the Father, whatever it took. You cannot stop at just eliminating your old desires; you have to replace those old desires with godly new desires. You have heard of this parable taught by Jesus in Luke 11:24-26:

“When an evil spirit comes out of a man, it goes through arid places seeking rest and does not find it. Then it says, ‘I will return to the house I left.’ When it arrives, it finds the house swept clean and put in order. Then it goes and takes seven other spirits more wicked than itself, and they go in and live there. And the final condition of that man is worse than the first.”

This person that Jesus was talking about had accomplished the first step (made a decision to serve God) and the second step… they had repented and left the old behaviors behind. But they had not done the third step… put on the new self to be like Christ. By not filling the heart with the love of God, the wanton demons came back in and were seven times more wicked than before—now more bingeing, more greed, and more lust than before. Like Ephesians 4:19 says, “Having lost all sensitivity, they have given themselves over to sensuality so as to indulge in every kind of impurity, with a continual lust for more.”

This sounds like it's along the same sort of lines as the Jehovah's Witnesses , from what I have heard .  

Spoiler

Spoiler

This should come as no surprise I feel , considering Remnant Fellowship's origin with the ICOC .  

Numerous members and ex-members have noted personality shifts and personality falsification towards the group norm. The church is also synonymous with God, making pronouncements into members lives. To disobey or not obey the church is to stray from Gods good graces and could result in condemnation. 

https://freedomofmind.com/international-churches-of-christ-icoc/    

During the mid-1980s the Movement and mainline Churches of Christ grew further and further apart. At the same time, the churches in the Movement itself were increasingly found in two camps -- those who approved entirely of Kip McKean and Boston, and those who were becoming increasingly uncomfortable with Boston's authoritarian structure and steady streams of burned out ex-members reporting horrific spiritual and mental abuse. Many of the Mainline Churches of Christ could not condone the methods and the reconstructions which the Boston Movement was using.

Upon the request of Al Baird, who had studied at his college, Abilene Christian College, in 1986, a supporter of the Boston Church of Christ, a mainline Church of Christ minister and church growth researcher (the Director of Church Growth Studies at Abilene), Dr. Flavil Yeakley, Jr. was asked to study the phenomenal growth of the Boston Movement. Al Baird and other movement leaders did not know that Yeakly had studied both mainline denominations and what are considered "cultic" groups, and noted that in cultic groups, a simple psychological test known as the MBTI (Meyers-Briggs Type Indicator) revealed that cult members' personalities would converge on a single type, usually the group norm, or the image of the cult leader. Thus, Yeakley ran this psychological test on a large number of disciples from the Boston Church of Christ, and on a control group of members from mainline Churches of Christ and some other denominations. Dr. Yeakley believed that the increasing accusations that the ICC was a cult were wrong, due largely to jealousy at Boston's phenomenol growth rates, and wanted to defend them.

Dr. Yeakley is also an honest man. When his test results showed an extreme level of "personality shift" in the members of the Boston Church of Christ from their normal orientation toward the orientation of the group norm, he realized that the accusations had a significant level of truth in them, and after seeing no changes in the Boston Movement, which had promised to curb its abuses, reluctantly published his results. (Personality shift is one of the most accurate measures of whether an organization is using mind control.) 

http://www.reveal.org/abouticc/bostonera.html    

Spoiler

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, Marmion said:

This sounds like it's along the same sort of lines as the Jehovah's Witnesses , from what I have heard .  

Reveal hidden contents

Reveal hidden contents

This should come as no surprise I feel , considering Remnant Fellowship's origin with the ICOC .  

https://freedomofmind.com/international-churches-of-christ-icoc/    

http://www.reveal.org/abouticc/bostonera.html    

Hide contents

I wish someone would be an updated video of the cult. I feel like it's gotten even worse in the last 6 years...

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Blue said:

I wish someone would be an updated video of the cult. I feel like it's gotten even worse in the last 6 years...

It has. 

I feel as if the flood gates were unleashed when Gwen ran into a late life crisis and decided to get herself some “man candy” (?).

• Upvote 5

On 7/9/2020 at 10:24 AM, RFSurvivor_2 said:

It has. 

I feel as if the flood gates were unleashed when Gwen ran into a late life crisis and decided to get herself some “man candy” (?).

I agree... I feel like info has gotten harder to come by though. All the ex-member testimonies online are old... It's harder to get a clear view of what's going on without testimonies from the more recent exits. Everyone we know just spew Gwenisms... It's pointless.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Blue said:

I agree... I feel like info has gotten harder to come by though. All the ex-member testimonies online are old... It's harder to get a clear view of what's going on without testimonies from the more recent exits. Everyone we know just spew Gwenisms... It's pointless.

It’s interesting because even though we left not that long ago, so much has changed in such a short period of time that our experience doesn’t reflect the current shitshow

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, RFsurvivor said:

It’s interesting because even though we left not that long ago, so much has changed in such a short period of time that our experience doesn’t reflect the current shitshow

I've found that too. We know someone who left 5 years ago or so, but already that doesn't seem relevant to the current state of the cult. 

• Upvote 5

I have left in the last year and have two friends trying to figure their exit now.  It is scary to say anything because of the fear of being attacked and sued by Gwen, and/or, her minions will sue you.  My history goes back long before she started her "church" and her paranoia has grown along with her ego.  It is wild to think that speaking out will make you even worse off than you were in the church.

I would like to bring up that people focus on Tedd Anger and Dave Martin as being her main goons but you should watch out for Mark and Trish Dunn, Johnathan and Jessica Walters and Patrick and Amy Stites.  This trio of couples are the backbone of what Gwen does.  Truly behind the scenes but really welding a great deal of power.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

An update:

I had reported on a Chiropractor that had left a successful practice to move to Brentwood "to be close to the church".  After getting to Brentwood, with no job, the "leaders" counsel him that he doesn't need to keep practicing because "it goes against the message".  After struggling for about six months with this the family has moved back to the home they left and he has returned to being a chiropractor.  He is no longer in the "message" but his wife still is and the marriage is struggling.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 5
  • Thank You 1

No daily devos since the 8th but there is this sweet Pro Ana message on FB:

Spoiler

Self-denial feels amazing! The victory from overcoming is priceless. Today, worry more about missing an opportunity to deny yourself than you do about getting to the food. See how God blesses it! You will be amazed!

Worry about missing an opportunity to starve yourself! It feels amazing not to eat! God will bless you if you punish yourself!

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Smalltowngirltn said:

but you should watch out for Mark and Trish Dunn, Johnathan and Jessica Walters and Patrick and Amy Stites.

I believe someone up thread mentioned Derek and Shae Davis as busybody spies who sniff out and report to Gwod any hint of disloyalty/ dissatisfaction/ wavering from Gwod and her "message."

Any stories?

And speaking of Tedd Anger (and Candace) and Rob and Tiffani Day -- where are they?  What are they doing now they're stepped down as Leaders?

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

And speaking of Tedd Anger (and Candace) and Rob and Tiffani Day -- where are they?  What are they doing now they're stepped down as Leaders?

Tedd Anger just became a realtor at the same office as his wife Candace.   Interestingly, NOT with Hanna Properties (Gwen's son-in-law's realtor office).

I wonder how they compete among the never ending supply of RF members moving down there to be by Gwen Shamblin Lara's cult.  It's used to be pretty much a monopoly that Brandon Hanna (and a couple other RF members) made a very nice living off of.

Regarding Rob and Tiffani, among other things are spending somewhere between $150,000 and $350,000 of taxpayers money from the Covid/PPP loans (that really isn't a loan if you abide by some easily met criteria).  It's free money they very likely won't ever have to return.  Maybe it's going towards their private plane they share with Gwen and Joe.

I guess you can't sell MLM life insurance from your home via the telephone and video conferencing and social media?  Who knew.  Obviously Rob Day was really hurting financially and needed taxpayer's money to get by.

image.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Things that make you go hmmm...................

Candace used to be with Brandon Hanna, but left and joined Keller Williams Green Hills.

Miley Barcus is also there. And now Tedd has joined 

I wonder if Keller Williams Green Hills is becoming an RF outpost?

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, Smalltowngirltn said:

I have left in the last year and have two friends trying to figure their exit now.  It is scary to say anything because of the fear of being attacked and sued by Gwen, and/or, her minions will sue you.  My history goes back long before she started her "church" and her paranoia has grown along with her ego.  It is wild to think that speaking out will make you even worse off than you were in the church.

I would like to bring up that people focus on Tedd Anger and Dave Martin as being her main goons but you should watch out for Mark and Trish Dunn, Johnathan and Jessica Walters and Patrick and Amy Stites.  This trio of couples are the backbone of what Gwen does.  Truly behind the scenes but really welding a great deal of power.

That's terrifying, but it explains why it's hard to come by more recent information. 

Is those are the up and coming families, are there any families that are starting to fade in their power?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Blue said:

That's terrifying, but it explains why it's hard to come by more recent information. 

Is those are the up and coming families, are there any families that are starting to fade in their power?

Another thing that contributes to the fear of speaking out is how Remnant tells the stories of the lawsuits they have been involved in. They paint Remnant and God as the victor in them, when in reality Remnant was not. Add to that, many people have family and friends who they want to stay in contact with, so you can’t be labeled a mocker and threaten those relationships. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

27 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

Another thing that contributes to the fear of speaking out is how Remnant tells the stories of the lawsuits they have been involved in. They paint Remnant and God as the victor in them, when in reality Remnant was not. Add to that, many people have family and friends who they want to stay in contact with, so you can’t be labeled a mocker and threaten those relationships. 

I've always been curious how many people don't believe Gwen's theology, but stick around solely to not loose their family and friends. 

• Upvote 6

I suppose this was meant as encouragement to Be As Godly As Gwen but honestly to me this sounds more like encouragement to jump off a cliff and kill yourself.

This is a great day to let go of it all! There is no greater calling than to be in his Kingdom! You could be in Heaven today if you let go of the world! Climb to a high place, take a Leap of Faith and embrace the God of Life and Death once and for all! Just let go of the world, it never deserved you anyway!

Spoiler

FB_IMG_1594546282650.thumb.jpg.d7635ecc7a6bbbf2789d9a466158c41f.jpg

There is a devo today, repeated from thread 7. If you love God you can't be a sports fan. If you paint your face to support your team it shows you have idols (but if you paint your face every day to look like Gwen it's totally ok, obviously) 

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32376-gwen-shamblin-7-i-am-the-potato-chip-of-life/?do=findComment&comment=1778020

She closes off with a complaint about people getting fatter that doesn't seem related to what she said before. But I suppose the main reason she hates sports is that people eat while watching them. 

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

FB: people don't care what you wear

Spoiler

People won’t remember what you had or had on. They’ll remember the LOVE that you gave. All that matters is your relationship with God!

However, they will remember your hair. 

Screenshot_20200712-224427__01.thumb.jpg.42e1118680b81390b16f43b3b96dff87.jpg

• Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

21 hours ago, Blue said:

I've always been curious how many people don't believe Gwen's theology, but stick around solely to not loose their family and friends. 

Such people are known in the ex-JW community as " PIMO" ( physically in mentally out )  

Spoiler

15 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I suppose this was meant as encouragement to Be As Godly As Gwen but honestly to me this sounds more like encouragement to jump off a cliff and kill yourself.

This is a great day to let go of it all! There is no greater calling than to be in his Kingdom! You could be in Heaven today if you let go of the world! Climb to a high place, take a Leap of Faith and embrace the God of Life and Death once and for all! Just let go of the world, it never deserved you anyway!

Hide contents

FB_IMG_1594546282650.thumb.jpg.d7635ecc7a6bbbf2789d9a466158c41f.jpg

In a figurative sense this is exactly what she is encouraging .  As I alluded to above , on this page in the thread , you are expected to " die to self "  .   It's like what's brought out in this song .  

Spoiler

This is what mortification is about .  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortification_of_the_flesh 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Blue said:

I personally know of a few. I am sure there are many many more. I do like the term PIMO because it is so true. You are physically IN but mentally OUT. I think lots of people on their way out linger in this phase before physically removing themselves, but some people are stuck not believing but fear leaving. 

It is important to remember that they don’t give you the free time to have outside friends. Friends who aren’t members are only viewed as potential members, and many people broke or damaged family ties during their time in Remnant. These two things mean that for most members leaving remnant is leaving their remaining friends or family. 

This is why my first piece of advice to anyone who has lost a friend or family member to Remnant to be there for them and do your best to maintain a friendly relationship so that if they need your help one day, they know you will be there for them. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic