IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 13: Shut UP You Paper-Thin Chip Licker!

nelliebelle1197

That's an interesting idea ! It would explain why she is still alive and seemingly well despite eating nothing but junk food. She criticizes vitamin supplements, but she might still go to this kind of treatment facility in secret - or IVs are ok, only the vitamin pills are terrible and will hurt you. I have no idea.

• Upvote 4

But what if the blood of her victims lacks the necessary nutriments because they follow her rules too strictly ?

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, ignorantobserver said:

That's an interesting idea ! It would explain why she is still alive and seemingly well despite eating nothing but junk food. She criticizes vitamin supplements, but she might still go to this kind of treatment facility in secret - or IVs are ok, only the vitamin pills are terrible and will hurt you. I have no idea.

As I mentioned earlier , in another thread on this topic , liquids are exempt from the conditions of the fast ; it's only solid foods that count as food , the rest is considered to be drink .  And even they would realize that we still need fluids , such as water to live .  In other words ...   

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

The Queen of unhealthy diets has offered the following reprise for your enlightenment:

Sugar! Sweets! Eat more sweets! God wants you to eat honey! Drink Coke with your meals! Put sugar in your coffee! You need a tutorial to eat chocolate!  Eat M&Ms!  But do not try to eat the whole bag in a single mouthful because you will choke!

Spoiler

What about Sweets?

June 26, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Sweets are made by God for the enjoyment of mankind. Proverbs 24:13 says, “Eat honey, my son, for it is good; honey from the comb is sweet to your taste.” God made the sweet to adorn the food—your bagel in the morning or icing on your cinnamon roll. Internal control will direct people toward high carbohydrates in the morning. However, these are digested quickly, so children and those with active jobs need to eat eggs and bacon along with their carbohydrates to keep them satisfied until lunch. The fact is, rarely are you eating a sweet that is absent of a fat or protein or something in it anyway. It is a mixture. Most people do not just take spoonfuls of honey out—they are putting it on bread and butter. If you think about it, even people who say that they do not like sweets like to drink a Coke with their meal or put sugar in their coffee.

Rarely is there someone who I interview who does not have sugar in their diet. Bottom line, God made it—it was there for the enjoyment of mankind. Babies always will like sweets. Make sure you go back and really rate the sweets you are eating. To help you learn to eat sweets again, we are going to start you off with chocolates in small units. A good example of chocolate already in small units is M&Ms. Now, instead of ripping off the top of the package and pouring all the M&Ms down your throat, tear off the top corner of the package, stick your finger into the package and eat one at a time, letting the chocolate melt in your mouth, not in your stomach, because your stomach cannot taste anything.

Pretty much all the nutrition science I know says you're likely to be healthier if you eat less sugar. But it's healthy for Gwen because you can get more calories in a smaller volume.

I do eat sugar myself, sometimes a lot more than is good for me. But at least I'm not pretending to do so because the Scriptures said that honey is good.

And of course she hopelessly conflates the issue and jumps from eating carbs in the form of bread to sugar to chocolate to Coke. While there is a nutritional case to be made for bread there is no health reason or nutritional value for anyone to put sugar in their drinks beyond "that's the way I like it". (Perhaps if you're a diabetic needing to cure dangerous hypoglycemia quickly)

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 6

2 hours ago, freefromthin said:

The latest and greatest. 

What the heck happened to the top of her dress?

• Upvote 1

Just now, sixcatatty said:

What the heck happened to the top of her dress?

I'm not sure, but the twirling is back!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Spoiler

God’s will is perfect! And it is in that growl. Is it little? Is it big? What is the amount? Go slow; push away a little bit sooner than you think. Then the next thing you know, you feel fantastic.

God's will is in your digestive tract phenomena. 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Sugar! Sweets! Eat more sweets! God wants you to eat honey! Drink Coke with your meals! Put sugar in your coffee! You need a tutorial to eat chocolate!  Eat M&Ms!  But do not try to eat the whole bag in a single mouthful because you will choke!  I do eat sugar myself, sometimes a lot more than is good for me. But at least I'm not pretending to do so because the Scriptures said that honey is good.

Even the Bible admonishes to show moderation .   https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Proverbs 25%3A16&version=NKJV   Same principle in regards to wine , as well .  

Wine is a mocker, strong drink is raging: and whosoever is deceived thereby is not wise. Proverbs 20:1

Be not among winebibbers.... For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty. Proverbs 23:20-21

Who hath woe? who hath sorrow? who hath contentions? who hath babbling? who hath wounds without cause? who hath redness of eyes? They that tarry long at the wine; they that go to seek mixed wine. Proverbs 23:29-30

Look not thou upon the wine when it is red, when it giveth his colour in the cup, when it moveth itself aright. At the last it biteth like a serpent, and stingeth like an adder. Proverbs 23:31-32

Woe unto them that rise up early in the morning, that they may follow strong drink; that continue until night, till wine inflame them! Isaiah 5:11

Woe unto them that are mighty to drink wine, and men of strength to mingle strong drink. Isaiah 5:22

Woe ... to the drunkards ... that are overcome with wine! Isaiah 28:1

Woe to them ... that drink wine in bowls. Amos 6:1-6

Woe unto him that giveth his neighbour drink, that puttest thy bottle to him, and makest him drunken.Habakkuk 2:15

Let us walk honestly, as in the day; not in rioting and drunkenness. Romans 13:13

It is good neither to eat flesh, nor to drink wine, nor any thing whereby thy brother stumbleth, or is offended, or is made weak. Romans 14:21

Drunkenness ... and such like ... they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:21

And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess. Ephesians 5:18

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:
  Hide contents

God’s will is perfect! And it is in that growl. Is it little? Is it big? What is the amount? Go slow; push away a little bit sooner than you think. Then the next thing you know, you feel fantastic.

God's will is in your digestive tract phenomena. 

Every time I read that "God's will is in the growl", I cringe

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Today we learn that all Europeans are similar and that Gwen likes desserts so you have to eat them too. 

Spoiler

How to Eat Sweets

June 27, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Most of the world offers dessert at the end of the meal. God created man to like desserts, otherwise how would so many diverse populations do the same thing? I have noticed my own cravings for something sweet as I get toward the end of a meal. Dessert just indicates the end of eating—it concludes the eating event. My servings are small and I take small bites, savoring each one, and I drink between bites, stopping when I am politely full.

Watch the Europeans—small amounts at the end of the meals occasionally. It is a treat. Small bites of something wonderful. It is bad to binge on sweets. It really upsets the whole body—it makes you feel sick, and it keeps you from eating a balanced meal. Remember back to when you were a child and sweets were a treat but you did not eat them all the time.

One of the principles here is to make the transfer to God’s Words, His Laws, the Spirit of God—this relationship with Him, getting Him to help. King David said God’s Words are “more precious than gold, than much pure gold; they are sweeter than honey, than honey from the comb.” Psalm 19:10

She's been to some fancy French restaurant and when she ordered dessert she got two spoonfuls of artfully arranged expensive deliciousness, and she's concluded that all 750 million Europeans from various cultures like their dessert exactly like that.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

On 6/25/2020 at 12:46 PM, Blue said:

Is your wife in it for the weight loss or her theology?

She started out with Weigh Down and then ended up getting involved with Remnant.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 9
  • WTF 1

Remember back to when you were a child and sweets were a treat but you did not eat them all the time

Well yeah... but not because I was "listening to my body" or "waiting for hunger and fullness" or "waiting for the growl." I didn't eat them all the time because my mom took responsibility for teaching me proper eating habits... she taught me what Gwen would call "man made rules" and that I needed to give my body what science teaches us my body needs. She says we need to eat like children who stop when they're full and eat what their bodies need... maybe I was just a horrible child, but if I had been allowed to eat what I thought my body needed it wouldn't have been pretty ?

3 hours ago, Galale said:

She started out with Weigh Down and then ended up getting involved with Remnant.  

I'm so sorry. Does she have a foundation in Biblical theology? I feel like they often pray on people who don't know enough of the Word to see where she's twisting it... and then once they're in, it's hard to convince them that the Bible is right and Gwen is wrong. 

• Upvote 7

19 minutes ago, Blue said:

Well yeah... but not because I was "listening to my body" or "waiting for hunger and fullness" or "waiting for the growl." I didn't eat them all the time because my mom took responsibility for teaching me proper eating habits... she taught me what Gwen would call "man made rules" and that I needed to give my body what science teaches us my body needs. She says we need to eat like children who stop when they're full and eat what their bodies need... maybe I was just a horrible child, but if I had been allowed to eat what I thought my body needed it wouldn't have been pretty ?

I'm so sorry. Does she have a foundation in Biblical theology? I feel like they often pray on people who don't know enough of the Word to see where she's twisting it... and then once they're in, it's hard to convince them that the Bible is right and Gwen is wrong. 

She places importance on God and faith and instilling it into the children.   Years ago, she wanted us to join and I resisted.  After I stood firm she acquiesced and eventually acknowledged they were a cult at that time.  She eventually joined Remnant and accepted Gwen’s distorted theology and logic, particularly the rejection of the Triune God.  Also, I believe it attracts people with a false sense of accountability because they are connected with people through social media outlets and not in person.  But, your are correct about it’s Remnant’s nature.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1

Here's the thing -- Gwen and Joe actually say something mostly true at the beginning of the Gwodly Wedding Shower video. Gwen says life with God is so good.  Joe asks people to join them in the fun life where God is the center of everything.

If you're a Christian, those statements, taken at face value -- there's not much to argue about.

Except...... Huge except.  Ginormous except.

Gwen and Joe aren't talking about God, they're talking about Gwen.  Life with Gwen is so good, Gwen is the center of everything. Gwen is everything

It's a Gwodly/ Remnant-ly life they're pushing/ extolling/ mandating/ brainwashing/ demanding/ scaring people into.

There is no God in RF. There is only Gwod. And you better follow and believe and worship Gwod or you are damned and cast into hell for all eternity.

'e not muc

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

Gwen is so controlling.  She made the mothers of the bride and groom wear black to the pre-wedding party.  She then made them wear black to the wedding.  Good grief.  Does she have to leave her fingerprints all over everything?  It doesn't look joyous.  It looks regimented.  I'm stunned that everyone puts up with it.

And stop the stupid spinning, Gwen.  You don't look young and carefree.  You look like a bag of bones that Joe is having to heft up and toss around.  In short, you look foolish.

Spoiler

833245251_Gwenspin.jpg.4e36f4301d6423a46c1b762f9e726a4d.jpg1073135639_Gwenblessingparty.jpg.450a300e7cc39d8eb6fda56c7c9870e1.jpg1131699311_Gwenwedding.jpg.ba852741b9193ffb0872f68e17ba2863.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Galale said:

She places importance on God and faith and instilling it into the children.   Years ago, she wanted us to join and I resisted.  After I stood firm she acquiesced and eventually acknowledged they were a cult at that time.  She eventually joined Remnant and accepted Gwen’s distorted theology and logic, particularly the rejection of the Triune God.  Also, I believe it attracts people with a false sense of accountability because they are connected with people through social media outlets and not in person.  But, your are correct about it’s Remnant’s nature.

I'm so sorry. We have a LOT of family and friends in RF, and it's distressing to say the least. Most people we know cite their community and how connected their are as the primary reason why they'll never leave... and once they move there it's definitely not false accountability... it's insane control being paraded as "innocent and godly accountability." They'll make excuses for her theology and logic and hypocrisy (so one possession past fulfilling needs isn't greed... that's legalistic and we are NOT legalistic... but one bite past politely full is sin and sloth... and godly, not legalistic)... but when it comes down to it they cite how happy everyone is (which I call bull crap on, but that's another story that's too private for a message board) and how great the community is.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Xan said:

Gwen is so controlling.  She made the mothers of the bride and groom wear black to the pre-wedding party.  She then made them wear black to the wedding.  Good grief.  Does she have to leave her fingerprints all over everything?  It doesn't look joyous.  It looks regimented.  I'm stunned that everyone puts up with it.

And stop the stupid spinning, Gwen.  You don't look young and carefree.  You look like a bag of bones that Joe is having to heft up and toss around.  In short, you look foolish.

Hide contents

833245251_Gwenspin.jpg.4e36f4301d6423a46c1b762f9e726a4d.jpg1073135639_Gwenblessingparty.jpg.450a300e7cc39d8eb6fda56c7c9870e1.jpg1131699311_Gwenwedding.jpg.ba852741b9193ffb0872f68e17ba2863.jpg

Not that I should even need to point this out , but this falls under behavior control , on the BITE model . 

4. Control types of clothing and hairstyles

https://www.openmindsfoundation.org/the-bite-model-of-influence/  

• I Agree 4

13 minutes ago, Marmion said:

Not that I should even need to point this out , but this falls under behavior control , on the BITE model . 

https://www.openmindsfoundation.org/the-bite-model-of-influence/  

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I'm so sorry. We have a LOT of family and friends in RF, and it's distressing to say the least. Most people we know cite their community and how connected their are as the primary reason why they'll never leave... and once they move there it's definitely not false accountability... it's insane control being paraded as "innocent and godly accountability." They'll make excuses for her theology and logic and hypocrisy (so one possession past fulfilling needs isn't greed... that's legalistic and we are NOT legalistic... but one bite past politely full is sin and sloth... and godly, not legalistic)... but when it comes down to it they cite how happy everyone is (which I call bull crap on, but that's another story that's too private for a message board) and how great the community is.

I experienced the excuses and qualifications for Gwen from my wife justifying Her second marriage because she was in an awful marriage with her first husband.  While I have no evidence about Gwen being in an awful marriage, I would agree that Gwen’s first marriage was awful for different reasons.  I am sure her second marriage will be just as awful.

6 hours ago, Blue said:

Thank you for your sympathies.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

@Galale, what does your wife say about how Gwen teaches that gluttony is a sin, but she herself is a glutton for material things? If it is a sin to eat too much food, then it is a sin to live a life of excess like Gwen does. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

@Galale, what does your wife say about how Gwen teaches that gluttony is a sin, but she herself is a glutton for material things? If it is a sin to eat too much food, then it is a sin to live a life of excess like Gwen does. 

Obviously I'm not him, but this is a conversation we've had CONSTANTLY...

If we're going to say that one bite past full is a sin and gluttony, then why isn't...

One possession past need the sin of greed?
One look past what's necessary to get ready for the day the sin of vainity?
One appreciative thought at an attractive man/woman the sin of lust?
One thought of wishing you had something another has the sin of envy?
One minute of sleep past what your body absolutely needs the sin of sloth?

Their response if scoffing and annoyance and "we're not legalistic about things like mainstream churches." Uhh... but you ARE legalistic about ONE of them... I truly don't think they can see the hypocrisy.

13 minutes ago, Galale said:

Thank you for your sympathies.

Just know you're not the only one wanting to get family out, and we're all trying to get them to see the truth of her arrogance, pride, and insanity. I truly pray you guys are able to keep your kids out of it. There's a lot of good... and I won't ever deny that... but the bad outweighs it significantly. We've been to blessing showers where Dad wasn't allowed to speak when his daughter was getting married because he wasn't a part of the church... it consumes them.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

9 minutes ago, Blue said:

If we're going to say that one bite past full is a sin and gluttony, then why isn't...

Their response if scoffing and annoyance and "we're not legalistic about things like mainstream churches." Uhh... but you ARE legalistic about ONE of them... I truly don't think they can see the hypocrisy.

But maybe these sorts of conversations can plant a seed in the minds of those who hear? I found it very interesting that when they RF borg showed up here, they didn't even use this excuse, they seemed totally flummoxed by any question or comment that got them off script. It made me think that these sorts of questions are almost never discussed and they only know how to answer certain things and then they are stumped. 

Someone that place has to occasionally think that why does Gwen get to shame them for having one bite of luxury while she lives in the lap of luxury and excess.

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

41 minutes ago, Blue said:

Just know you're not the only one wanting to get family out, and we're all trying to get them to see the truth of her arrogance, pride, and insanity. I truly pray you guys are able to keep your kids out of it. There's a lot of good... and I won't ever deny that... but the bad outweighs it significantly. We've been to blessing showers where Dad wasn't allowed to speak when his daughter was getting married because he wasn't a part of the church... it consumes them.

My has struggled with body image and weight her whole life.  The Weigh Down philosophy taps into that.  Obviously, the obesity in this country is due to over consumption.  Not to e legalistic, most people would benefit from self discipline.  Understandably, it is hard to do.  So those who struggle with weight need compassion in that area.  But, it seems as if overweight is one of the blasphemies of Remnant Fellowship.   The other blasphemy is the doctrine of the Trinity.

My wife knows I have grave concerns about this group.  I had them when one of Gwen’s minions, I now refer to as Gwenions, and I had a phone conversation as to whether Jesus was the Son of God back when she tried to get us to join as online members.  His reply was that he is a son of God.

Unfortunately, my wife has exposed our children to members of that group.  She is going down there Monday with our children to visit some of her friends in that group this week.  Last year, we celebrated our anniversary and then she boarded a flight to Tennessee for the annual conference after I begged her not to go.

• Sad 9
  • Rufus Bless 2

4 hours ago, Galale said:

My has struggled with body image and weight her whole life.  The Weigh Down philosophy taps into that.  Obviously, the obesity in this country is due to over consumption.  Not to e legalistic, most people would benefit from self discipline.  Understandably, it is hard to do.  So those who struggle with weight need compassion in that area.  But, it seems as if overweight is one of the blasphemies of Remnant Fellowship.   The other blasphemy is the doctrine of the Trinity.

My wife knows I have grave concerns about this group.  I had them when one of Gwen’s minions, I now refer to as Gwenions, and I had a phone conversation as to whether Jesus was the Son of God back when she tried to get us to join as online members.  His reply was that he is a son of God.

Unfortunately, my wife has exposed our children to members of that group.  She is going down there Monday with our children to visit some of her friends in that group this week.  Last year, we celebrated our anniversary and then she boarded a flight to Tennessee for the annual conference after I begged her not to go.

? I'm so sorry. I agree that self discipline and portion control is needed. Sometimes that's what makes it hard... I'm not saying every single word out of her mouth is wrong... The vast majority of doctors and nutrition experts will tell you to listen to your body... She's just taking it further to the point where we have relatives scared to eat because what if that wasn't a real growl. Tying weight and portion control to relationship with God is just so spiritually manipulative and dangerous (IMO).

Just know that for every member of remnant there are families behind them begging them to get out.

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

But maybe these sorts of conversations can plant a seed in the minds of those who hear? I found it very interesting that when they RF borg showed up here, they didn't even use this excuse, they seemed totally flummoxed by any question or comment that got them off script. It made me think that these sorts of questions are almost never discussed and they only know how to answer certain things and then they are stumped. 

Someone that place has to occasionally think that why does Gwen get to shame them for having one bite of luxury while she lives in the lap of luxury and excess.

I agree completely, and please know that all conversations we have with our RF family and friends are full of grace, gentleness, and love. We believe strongly that all we can do is plant seeds and someday, when they're ready, maybe they'll think back to those conversations to get a new perspective.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic