IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 13: Shut UP You Paper-Thin Chip Licker!

nelliebelle1197

On 7/12/2020 at 7:10 PM, RFsurvivor said:

I personally know of a few. I am sure there are many many more. I do like the term PIMO because it is so true. You are physically IN but mentally OUT. I think lots of people on their way out linger in this phase before physically removing themselves, but some people are stuck not believing but fear leaving. 

It is important to remember that they don’t give you the free time to have outside friends. Friends who aren’t members are only viewed as potential members, and many people broke or damaged family ties during their time in Remnant. These two things mean that for most members leaving remnant is leaving their remaining friends or family. 

This is why my first piece of advice to anyone who has lost a friend or family member to Remnant to be there for them and do your best to maintain a friendly relationship so that if they need your help one day, they know you will be there for them. 

When family asked if they could have our girls visit them for a few weeks in the summer, our first question was "Are you willing to step away from RF events for those few weeks?" We weren't asking them to not watch the sermons (our girls could be doing their own thing during that time), but it would mean stepping away from the RF social scene... which is what their entire lives revolve around.

The answer was no. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2

The latest devotionals are all in thread 7.

Gwen warns you that eating extra calories buying larger clothes and dieting programs are super expensive (as if her skinny-ass outfits, the WeighDown program, and all the food that she throws away were free).

Gwen says God will fix your roof and your car if you pray. (But why not pray that God won't let them break to begin with?

Today's offering promises to tell you how to fall in love with God but the only things we find out are that her food speaks to her and that she believes humans experience emotions with their heart. (Spoiler alert: they're in the brain). 

From FB: Screenshot_20200715-134128.thumb.jpg.c1d87bbddaeb96fc30e078180ac92a0f.jpg

From past posts, we recall that the will of God is located in the Growl. Just my opinion but If there's a storm brewing around you there are more useful things that you could do than focus on what your digestive tract is up to at any given moment. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

From past posts, we recall that the will of God is located in the Growl.

I accidentally fasted yesterday and ….no growl.  Despite nothing but water until dinner at 7:30.  

Soooo....God doesn't like me, or what?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

10 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I accidentally fasted yesterday and ….no growl.  Despite nothing but water until dinner at 7:30.  

Try sipping on diet coke all day, all the dissolved gasses will have your digestive tract squealing in no time, allowing you to tell yourself that God wants you to eat Fritos and brownies.  It's so fun to join the Remnant cult and gain a real relationship with pseudoscientific natural laws and confirmation bias God!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6

24 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

You didn't wait long enough. According to Pro Ana For Adults, it's ok to eat a little something without the Growl every 36 hours. (It adds up to having a tiny meal 4-5 times per week.)

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

28 minutes ago, throwaway9988 said:

Try sipping on diet coke all day, all the dissolved gasses will have your digestive tract squealing in no time, allowing you to tell yourself that God wants you to eat Fritos and brownies.  It's so fun to join the Remnant cult and gain a real relationship with pseudoscientific natural laws and confirmation bias God!

Ahhh...that's the secret.  Alas, I can't.  I'm on day 21 of a change to clean eating which for me means nothing except non or minimally processed food.  Veggies, fruit, occasionally lean meat, no sugar except that which occurs in whole foods, whole grains, etc.  

Kind of the opposite of Gwen's approach to eating.  I don't think she'll be sending me an invite to join any time soon.

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Here's what I don't get:  there's all kinds of documented proof that diet soda's, anything sweetened with Aspartame, Splenda, ect....well, your body CANNOT tell the diff between that and sugar.  It only knows that something sweet is comin' in and so your body releases insulin in anticipation of that.   Why does she push this?  plus, imo, it tastes like CRAP...besides being bad for you  Aspartame has all kinds of adverse effects on the body and brain, and Splenda was originally created to kill ants.  Try pouring some of your diet coke on an ant hill Gwen!!!

Edited by Victorianroses
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Victorianroses said:

Here's what I don't get:  there's all kinds of documented proof that diet soda's, anything sweetened with Aspartame, Splenda, ect....well, your body CANNOT tell the diff between that and sugar.  It only knows that something sweet is comin' in and so your body releases insulin in anticipation of that.   Why does she push this?  plus, imo, it tastes like CRAP...besides being bad for you  Aspartame has all kinds of adverse effects on the body and brain, and Splenda was originally created to kill ants.  Try pouring some of your diet coke on an ant hill Gwen!!!

Here is what I found on the topic of aspartame , and Splenda .  { https://www.healthline.com/health/aspartame-side-effects#outlook , 

https://healthfully.com/what-are-the-side-effects-of-phenylalanine-aspartame-6731138.html  , https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/the-worlds-best-ant-poison/ , https://www.kon.org/urc/frank.html , 

https://www.webmd.com/food-recipes/features/are-artificial-sweeteners-safe , 

https://www.acsh.org/news/2016/06/16/chemists-were-wrong-about-splenda  , https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/guest-blog/ddt-and-sucralose-a-case-study-in-chemophobia/ } 

Edited by Marmion
  • Upvote 3

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32376-gwen-shamblin-7-i-am-the-potato-chip-of-life/?do=findComment&comment=1780121

Our current stage in the Pro Ana With God daily program: If you love food you have to hate God and if you love God you have to hate food. There is no other option. 

Facebookwise, she stays with the Pro Ana message consistently: If you're struggling, (for any reason), the answer is to give up more food (regardless of how much or how little you used to eat before) . Screenshot_20200716-085853.thumb.jpg.83bf0c2187d48870d4d35f75bc848001.jpg

Gwen truly believes that nutrition is bad for you and if you can live on diet Coke and hot air you should.

Of course, overindulgence in various other luxuries is not addressed, just food. God gave those clothes to her, so there!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen truly believes that nutrition is bad for you and if you can live on diet Coke and hot air you should

This is what is known as breatharianism .  Yeah , this is actually a thing , smh.  { https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inedia , https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/breatharians/  ,  

https://science.howstuffworks.com/innovation/edible-innovations/breatharian.htm }  

Spoiler

So Gwen Shamblin Lara is certainly not alone in this regard , I have to say .  

• Upvote 1

Facebook world: Gwen thinks she's giving perfect love to God and others and getting blessed for it, but it seems to me she's not at that stage yet in which the blessings are too many to boast about. It is possible she's not recording how many clothes God bought her.

Spoiler

In giving Perfect Love to God and others, you will see that all your fears will be eliminated, for you will have too many blessings to tell about or record.

But wait, what? Giving love to God and others? Didn't we learn just the other day that it's not possible to love God and any other entity at the same time. 

Today's devo is what you'd expect from thread 7. Tobacco isn't really bad for you, and Gwen doesn't want to tear up her credit cards.

Reading recipe books is a sin. If Gwen has to cook  it spends all her strength. (Maybe she should try eating what she cooked to gain some energy?)

On the second round of seeing these devotionals, is it possible that they've become dumber? It's the same texts but they definitely seem dumber than last year.

• Upvote 5

RF’s summer day camp looks like it’s happening like usual this summer and I’m expecting there to be an outbreak of coronavirus. No one is social distancing or wearing masks and there are a bunch of kids involved. 

C80C9330-496D-4A08-9436-481828C93C61.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 6

They can’t stand too close. Otherwise Gwen’s hair would completely block him out of the picture. 

CB31691A-7699-41FA-B6D7-0145A735884D.jpeg

• Haha 12

I have this theory that Gwen's hair products are somehow making up for the lack of nutrients in her diet. 

It is still a work in process, discussed with a friend over Doritos and M&Ms.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They can’t stand too close. Otherwise Gwen’s hair would completely block him out of the picture. 

CB31691A-7699-41FA-B6D7-0145A735884D.jpeg

Gwen and Joe, saving room for the holy spirit for Gwen's hair

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, MayMay1123 said:

Gwen and Joe, saving room for the holy spirit for Gwen's hair

That’s why her hair is so big! It’s where Jesus hides! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

They're celebrating Pentecost  again? Which calendar are they using?

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

They're celebrating Pentecost  again? Which calendar are they using?

The Gwenorian, obviously.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 13

The same lady who just the other day boasted of being so blessed because she gave perfect love now wants you to be humble. 

FB_IMG_1595064685797.thumb.jpg.e7b716338853e44298b9f0c570894a0e.jpg

Today's repeated wisdom from threads 7 follows the format:

1.A Bible quote that has nothing to do with not eating. 2. A paragraph about not eating. 3. Some musings to the effect that to obey is to love is to obey. (Did you hear that, Joe? You must obey Gwen if you want her to believe you love her.) 4. Let your parents arrange your love life because their choice is superior to yours, obviously. (The Bible quote didn't make this point either.)

• Upvote 4

Newest Life with Gwen and Joe.  

Spoiler

God has ordained that there are three Pentecosts a year (Feast of Unleavened Bread, Feast of Weeks, and the Feast of Tabernacles.)  Gwen remarks, "It's really cool.  Cool concept."  (Yeah, Gwen.  I'm sure God strives to be cool.)  The do baby dedications during these times and have confirmations for 13 year olds.  The 13 year old girls and boys get "rushed" like it's a sorority or a fraternity.  Gwen must love this.  Glitter!  Balloons!  Baptisms!  Seems a little worldly to me, Gwenny, but you do you.

Gwen carries most of this video herself.  She must be concerned that Joe is horning in on her ministry.  He joins her later in the video as she shows us RF members dancing.  It looks as if they dancing the Horah.  Gwen says they're "imitating their Judeo-Christian background".  

The different Pentecost celebrations have their own color scheme and outfits.  Under the spoiler:

Spoiler

1435711644_Feastofweeks.thumb.jpg.615692b5cb1ced9803e6041f708aa6f0.jpg497495298_Feastofunleavenedbread.thumb.jpg.73eb13adfe49cb0e87ff139af458887c.jpg1818339250_Feastoftabernacles.thumb.jpg.b27a4cd781747619f9e307e21a1efec3.jpg

Gwen, of course, has on a new outfit that is way too young for her.  I honestly think it's a bit odd-looking.  We get to see the RF congregation pretending to be Hebrews, young RFers getting baptized, and Joe having a sad because he was brought in so late this week.

Spoiler

1765979429_Gwenwhiteoutfit.thumb.jpg.788a73a3554e2e7688724cf4d214ff4f.jpgBaptisms.thumb.jpg.b4cd8b7754f23d550c471d9b96b6ba4b.jpg1097050892_PretendingtobeHebrews.thumb.jpg.cafcb688fd0a0342b620727c09e42c27.jpg1157261326_Joehasasad.thumb.jpg.73856c1dc4962e04e09c11d223677fc4.jpg

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8

On 7/5/2020 at 12:42 PM, smittykins said:

So instead of boy/girlfriends whom you didn’t intend to marry(IBLP), Gwen says you can give away pieces of your heart to food.

*said while eating a Little Debbie Frosted Fudge Cake* ?

Thanks now I want a little Debbie Swiss roll and my vehicle is in the shop. :( 

On 7/5/2020 at 1:41 PM, RFsurvivor said:

I mean just look at the pictures from their daycamp on Facebook. They are following little to none of the guidelines. No masks anywhere. I doubt they are sanitizing a giant inflatable slide when it should be. I see groups larger than recommended. They normally split up into ages and gender groups so they are increasing exposure by not keeping family units together. Social distancing does not seem to exist. 

I have a HS classmate that lives outside Nashville and she swears everyone in her arts academy believe like her that no one should wear masks, all classes (including musical instruments that you blow into) are continuing, everyone just needs to build up immunity and no kid that is asthmatic or has autism can wear a mask for 4-6 hours each day (who the hell puts any kid in dance or music for 4-6 Hours each day? How can one afford it??) which is complete BS because I was in the er on Friday asthma attack and was in a mask the entire 3 hours. My friends autistic daughter is also fine with a mask. So my long story to say I think many TN folks think they are super special and Coronavirus won’t get them.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1

The filling in a Little Debbie Swiss Roll is too sweet for me; I’m a Ho Ho girl, myself(I have to keep them out of my house, they tend to disappear.)

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Thanks now I want a little Debbie Swiss roll and my vehicle is in the shop. :( 

I have a HS classmate that lives outside Nashville and she swears everyone in her arts academy believe like her that no one should wear masks, all classes (including musical instruments that you blow into) are continuing, everyone just needs to build up immunity and no kid that is asthmatic or has autism can wear a mask for 4-6 hours each day (who the hell puts any kid in dance or music for 4-6 Hours each day? How can one afford it??) which is complete BS because I was in the er on Friday asthma attack and was in a mask the entire 3 hours. My friends autistic daughter is also fine with a mask. So my long story to say I think many TN folks think they are super special and Coronavirus won’t get them.

This is so true. There are unfortunately many antimaskers that don’t believe in social distancing here in the Nashville area. I am  very pro mask and pro science. I am also slightly embarrassed to say that I am one of those people that has a daughter that dances for 4-6 hours a day during the week, but she wears a mask the entire time and distances from her team. I’ve also heard rumor that Remnant has had a huge outbreak of coronavirus and many of the members are covid-19 positive. 

• Upvote 7

On 7/7/2020 at 2:26 PM, SpecialAgentCookieCrisp said:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2020/07/07/more-than-93-k-tennessee-businesses-approved-8-9-billion-ppp-loans-see-database-who-received-them/5387575002/

Anyone care to venture a guess who took a loan from the federal Paycheck Protection Program?

Remnant Fellowship and Exodus Industries. 

Your tax dollars at work funding her cult. I wonder if their stance on if the virus is real has changed since the YouTube video in March?

Start discussion now......?

I just learned that she's not the only cult / religious figure to benefit from this federal grant program .  https://ffrf.org/news/news-releases/item/37695-secret-white-house-calls-helped-funnel-tax-money-to-trump-preachers?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=SocialMedia&utm_campaign=PPPSecretWhiteHouseCallJuly162020&utm_content=PR&fbclid=IwAR0rrtII706RTW8iQtR9AS_68AhMNVfEIMA59qgKxMz3igoguwLd3nKDecw  

• Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic