IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 13: Shut UP You Paper-Thin Chip Licker!

nelliebelle1197

Quoting or posting entire private messages is not allowed.  Paraphrasing, however, is OK.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Thank you @JesusHDuggar, I now want to fall down the rabbit hole of Michael Shamblin music. 

"Twenty years later are we all working for Asians"?!  :shock::shock::shock:

I have seen a lot of really bad church programs, but this thing with Robotica just seems so, so bad that it might actually be enjoyable to watch and make fun of. I'm adding it to my list with Vine Valley as one of those things I really need to see before I die. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I’ll keep it vague. Michael Shamblin has fallen off the wagon and is drinking again, and he has gained a lot of weight that’s why you never see him anymore. 

And the church was tipped off about the cops coming to investigate the Smith child’s death. So they hid their teachings of corporal punishment. 

It was mostly people talking about how bad it’s gotten at Remnant and the various ways that they were hurt by Gwens teachings. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

9 hours ago, JesusHDuggar said:

I would like to share my Youtube videos with y'all.

This one is about Gwen Shamblin specifically:

Reveal hidden contents

and this one is about her son Michael. As far as I know, I'm the only one talking about Michael and his failed music career.

Reveal hidden contents

After I posted these I received direct messages from many ex-remnant fellowship members and they told me some things that the general public does not know. If anyone is interested.

Yes please! I contacted you on IG to thank you for doing RF. That’s what sent me back down this rabbit hole all over again. 

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Thank you @JesusHDuggar, I now want to fall down the rabbit hole of Michael Shamblin music. 

"Twenty years later are we all working for Asians"?!  :shock::shock::shock:

I have seen a lot of really bad church programs, but this thing with Robotica just seems so, so bad that it might actually be enjoyable to watch and make fun of. I'm adding it to my list with Vine Valley as one of those things I really need to see before I die. 

My husband and I had the misfortune of seeing V2 Voices before leaving Remnant. We were on our way out mentally and on our drive home from the performance we discussed and sneakily made fun of it. We also shared some side eye looks throughout the performance...I doubt they will have another performance of either Voices or Hosanna Symphony until Michael is skinny again since he plays a lead roles in each. 

On 7/29/2020 at 6:35 PM, ChadelBaj said:

When did Elizabeth lose her child? I wonder if there is a connection between her drastic change/involvement?

The child was lost before the youngest, the son. This is one of the reasons the youngest son's birth was so celebrated because of her previous loss. 

On 7/30/2020 at 12:41 PM, Blue said:

Okay sorry but as I'm reading the Collins & Langsdon testimonies again, something strikes me that I should have seen before.

When they're talking about the kids, nobody can brag enough about how obedient and submissive and selfless all of their children are. It's one of their ways of recruiting these families... loose weight and then come to our church to raise perfect children! Our family keeps telling us how just beautiful it is to watch the youth/teens just live full out for God and not be embarrassed to be all in even at school...

... yet it seems like every wedding testimony, especially from the groom but often also from the wife, is about how they grew up in this message but didn't put it into practice, so they rebelled and sought the world in their late teens/early 20's, but then they saw the light and came back to the true message of true religion. 

So which is it? Obedient, respectful, selfless teens? Or rebellious teens that are really good at hiding it? They're either in denial or (more likely) just care more about the teens putting on the show at the right time.

From my experience, it is all of the above because I knew peers who fell into each category.

• Ones who seems perfect and honestly are pretty damn close to it. They will believe they need to follow all the doctrine and rules and do just that. 
  • Ones who seem perfect but secretly do normal teen stuff, parties, date, sleep around, etc.
  • Ones who seem perfect but secretly do intense teen things like drugs and the like.
  • Ones who seem like they are struggling and are really trying to follow the doctrine.
  • Ones who seem like they are struggling and really are biding their time until they are 18 and can get out of there.

The interesting thing is that Remnant uses scare tactics on teenagers to keep them in line. I remember being told that if you leave Remnant you will become depraved and hopeless. Leaders would tell stories of youth who left and got addicted to drugs and sold their blood for money. You were constantly told to stay in the middle of the pack because the world and Satan are tricky and are always trying to lead you astray. You are also constantly told that you have to make the choice yourself and that your parent's holiness will not cover you since you are old enough to take responsibility for your actions and thoughts. This is probably why many of the testimonies discuss how the person decided to follow the "Truth" and that it was an active decision even though they grow up in "the message." The thing to remember is that in Remnant being rebellious is not what most people think of because it includes having bad thoughts and bad emotions, it includes not obeying your parents 100% of the time, it includes not dedicating your time and heart to God and his church. The label of a rebellious teen in Remnant gets applied for many many things.

On 7/30/2020 at 9:33 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@Blue I think even though Hannah Collins didn't grow up in RF she was so brainwashed by Gwod and the "perfect life" in RF that even if she had misgivings about marriage #1 (which I definitely think was arranged or coerced or pushed) she would never ever have said no. Or even hey wait, can we slow this whole thing down

I believe you're right that she was brainwashed to believe that refusing marriage #1 would be a sin. So I do feel somewhat sorry for her. Pushed into a quicky marriage, It fails, Pushed into another quicky one right away.

Now she's firmly enmeshed in RF. Both she and hubby #2 are employed by the Days. Tiffani Day, head RF cheerleader, seems to be Hannah's BFF/ big sister/ RF mentor/ RF minder. She doesn't have any family close by -- except the RF Royalty Langsdon ex in-laws. She's stuck. She's in a cult. It would be mighty hard for her to break away.

This is the difficult part of when a person joins Remnant or a similar religious cult as an individual and gets engrained into the group. I would fear that she doesn't have many relationships outside of remnant. Remnant is likely her only form (or atleast primary) of friends, family and support. Even if she wanted to leave, she would have to decide if she rocks the boat with her husband, does she think her marriage would survive her change or loss of faith? Even if that wasn't a concern she has to worry about custody of her child, sharing custody with someone who attends a church she doesn't believe in, how does that work? Does she have the structure and support to be able to start effectively a whole new life? She works for Remnant members. She is possibly dependent on some members. It is a very hard thing to break away from. This is why my advice to people who have loved ones in remnant is to maintain the relationship with love and compassion because you never know when they may need your help and support to get out of Remnant. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

My husband and I had the misfortune of seeing V2 Voices before leaving Remnant. We were on our way out mentally and on our drive home from the performance we discussed and sneakily made fun of it. We also shared some side eye looks throughout the performance...I doubt they will have another performance of either Voices or Hosanna Symphony until Michael is skinny again since he plays a lead roles in each. 

The child was lost before the youngest, the son. This is one of the reasons the youngest son's birth was so celebrated because of her previous loss. 

From my experience, it is all of the above because I knew peers who fell into each category.

• Ones who seems perfect and honestly are pretty damn close to it. They will believe they need to follow all the doctrine and rules and do just that. 
  • Ones who seem perfect but secretly do normal teen stuff, parties, date, sleep around, etc.
  • Ones who seem perfect but secretly do intense teen things like drugs and the like.
  • Ones who seem like they are struggling and are really trying to follow the doctrine.
  • Ones who seem like they are struggling and really are biding their time until they are 18 and can get out of there.

The interesting thing is that Remnant uses scare tactics on teenagers to keep them in line. I remember being told that if you leave Remnant you will become depraved and hopeless. Leaders would tell stories of youth who left and got addicted to drugs and sold their blood for money. You were constantly told to stay in the middle of the pack because the world and Satan are tricky and are always trying to lead you astray. You are also constantly told that you have to make the choice yourself and that your parent's holiness will not cover you since you are old enough to take responsibility for your actions and thoughts. This is probably why many of the testimonies discuss how the person decided to follow the "Truth" and that it was an active decision even though they grow up in "the message." The thing to remember is that in Remnant being rebellious is not what most people think of because it includes having bad thoughts and bad emotions, it includes not obeying your parents 100% of the time, it includes not dedicating your time and heart to God and his church. The label of a rebellious teen in Remnant gets applied for many many things.

This is the difficult part of when a person joins Remnant or a similar religious cult as an individual and gets engrained into the group. I would fear that she doesn't have many relationships outside of remnant. Remnant is likely her only form (or atleast primary) of friends, family and support. Even if she wanted to leave, she would have to decide if she rocks the boat with her husband, does she think her marriage would survive her change or loss of faith? Even if that wasn't a concern she has to worry about custody of her child, sharing custody with someone who attends a church she doesn't believe in, how does that work? Does she have the structure and support to be able to start effectively a whole new life? She works for Remnant members. She is possibly dependent on some members. It is a very hard thing to break away from. This is why my advice to people who have loved ones in remnant is to maintain the relationship with love and compassion because you never know when they may need your help and support to get out of Remnant. 

Do you think that burying them in RF is intentional? We know someone who went out to visit... In literally less than a year she had a husband (all in, of course), a job (for an RF family, of course), and was pregnant. In less than a year everything she held dear was dependent on staying in the good graces of leadership. 

Do you think leadership plans it that way and does it on purpose? Or is it just the nature of wanting to be fully engulfed in this new group that you love?

• Upvote 6

It's so gratifying to see a video of a presentation on Remnant Fellowship that old still be helpful.

Thanks everyone. FYI, the Supreme Court appellate court basically ruled that the website content that Shamblin and Anger were squalling about and calling libelous was, in effect, not so.  The unvarnished and documented truth is something they cannot handle. 

But they sure use the phone a lot. 

15542164_10209358681581585_389578352502328860_n.jpg

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Blue said:

Do you think that burying them in RF is intentional? We know someone who went out to visit... In literally less than a year she had a husband (all in, of course), a job (for an RF family, of course), and was pregnant. In less than a year everything she held dear was dependent on staying in the good graces of leadership. 

Do you think leadership plans it that way and does it on purpose? Or is it just the nature of wanting to be fully engulfed in this new group that you love?

Yes. I do believe it is intentional. They make it very clear that God and Gods people are to be your priority. By doing so people’s other relationships falter or fail and slowly their whole life is centered on Remnant. They also prey on people who are struggling (weigh down on people looking to lose weight, people looking for a church or a community, etc) and generally vulnerable which makes it easier for the person to attribute all good things to their newfound association with Remnant. 

• Thank You 6

On 7/30/2020 at 8:33 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

@Blue I think even though Hannah Collins didn't grow up in RF she was so brainwashed by Gwod and the "perfect life" in RF that even if she had misgivings about marriage #1 (which I definitely think was arranged or coerced or pushed) she would never ever have said no. Or even hey wait, can we slow this whole thing down

I believe you're right that she was brainwashed to believe that refusing marriage #1 would be a sin. So I do feel somewhat sorry for her. Pushed into a quicky marriage, It fails, Pushed into another quicky one right away.

Now she's firmly enmeshed in RF. Both she and hubby #2 are employed by the Days. Tiffani Day, head RF cheerleader, seems to be Hannah's BFF/ big sister/ RF mentor/ RF minder. She doesn't have any family close by -- except the RF Royalty Langsdon ex in-laws. She's stuck. She's in a cult. It would be mighty hard for her to break away.

Somewhere I read (I thought it was here), that her first husband was gay and that’s why the first marriage didn’t work out. 

• Upvote 2

The other day, She Who Decides Other People's Wedding Colors, told us that God doesn't want us to be controlling.  Today we get once again reminded that we have annoyed God  and that's probably why he failed to buy us a car once again. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200802-143653.thumb.jpg.816ccecbb0e7bcc6cf5adfdcfe529cd1.jpg

As a Father, Gwen's God is a really shitty parent. He's not about raising independent, confident children who can think for themselves, all he wants is attention, adoration and more attention and children who feel like they have to ask Dad's permission for every little thing.

• Upvote 5

Haha. I love it.....I've annoyed God so he failed to buy me a car. I'm sorry, but Gwens God needs to grow a pair if he's just all bent out of shape because I ate an entire burger and enjoyed it or because I didn't text my friends with the appropriate number of exclamation points and emojis. Or because I messed up the dress code.....again. If me and God truly have a relationship, it's ok for me to say today that he's annoyed me. For still having to put up with RF and their BS after all these years. So dear God, how about I buy my own car and not be a victim to the type of games Gwen thinks I should play with you. Her version of God is annoying me today. 

• Upvote 4

On 8/1/2020 at 12:20 PM, RFsurvivor said:

The interesting thing is that Remnant uses scare tactics on teenagers to keep them in line. I remember being told that if you leave Remnant you will become depraved and hopeless. Leaders would tell stories of youth who left and got addicted to drugs and sold their blood for money. You were constantly told to stay in the middle of the pack because the world and Satan are tricky and are always trying to lead you astray

This is what is known as phobia indoctrination .  

8. Phobia indoctrination: inculcating irrational fears about leaving the group or questioning the leader’s authority
a. No happiness or fulfillment possible outside of the group
b. Terrible consequences if you leave: hell, demon possession, incurable diseases, accidents, suicide, insanity, 10,000 reincarnations, etc.
c. Shunning of those who leave; fear of being rejected by friends and family
d. Never a legitimate reason to leave; those who leave are weak, undisciplined, unspiritual, worldly, brainwashed by family or counselor, or seduced by money, sex, or rock and roll
e. Threats of harm to ex-member and family

The thing to remember is that in Remnant being rebellious is not what most people think of because it includes having bad thoughts and bad emotions, it includes not obeying your parents 100% of the time, it includes not dedicating your time and heart to God and his church. The label of a rebellious teen in Remnant gets applied for many many things.

1. Manipulate and narrow the range of feelings – some emotions and/or needs are deemed as evil, wrong or selfish

4.Encourage only ‘good and proper’ thoughts

8. Restrict leisure, entertainment, vacation time

All of this fits the BITE model  .  https://freedomofmind.com/bite-model/ 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

9 minutes ago, Marmion said:

This is what is known as phobia indoctrination .  

All of this fits the BITE model  .  https://freedomofmind.com/bite-model/ 

Thank you for the term! I have never heard it and it fits perfectly! Also, I agree that this fits the BITE model. I have slowly been writing out memories and using the responses I put here to compare Remnant against the BITE model. It has been quite an experience and I have only just started. 

Edited by RFsurvivor
Spelling is hard
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

I was browsing the public profiles of RF leadership and, am I crazy, or did Michael and Erin/Elle Shamblin have a baby? She changed her profile picture to a newborn on July 10th and someone commented to congratulate them (although they congratulated Michael and Elle... So which is it?!? Is she Erin or Elle??)

• Upvote 4

On 7/31/2020 at 1:49 PM, JesusHDuggar said:

I would like to share my Youtube videos with y'all.

This one is about Gwen Shamblin specifically:

Hide contents

and this one is about her son Michael. As far as I know, I'm the only one talking about Michael and his failed music career.

Hide contents

After I posted these I received direct messages from many ex-remnant fellowship members and they told me some things that the general public does not know. If anyone is interested.

Oh.my.goodness - these are gold! We just watched them both multiple times!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

My wife talks about the friends she has in Remnant/Weigh Down with far more frequency than the friends we have near us.  These friends of hers live throughout the US and Canada.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 7

Gwen has skipped a couple of daily devos again but we get this: FB_IMG_1596555650895.thumb.jpg.d14c464d7992aa1b5cf703853ef90609.jpg

Did you know that not-eating is the most pivotal breakthrough in the world? 

• Thank You 4

Newest "Life with Gwen and Joe".  It's about "The Importance of Christ-like Words and Speech."  It's the week of camp and I don't see anything approaching social-distancing at all.  Gwen is in shorts and a little top with spaghetti straps.  Of course, she's got on platform heel with it.  Silly, vain woman...  She starts out by talking about the tongue and about how much trouble you can cause with it.  She goes over the "not taking the Lord's name in vain" in the Ten Commandments" (which she refers to as "the top ten commands") and then she says that you shouldn't even use replacement words for the bad words because Jesus probably wouldn't do that either. And if you're out there in the world using cuss words or sounds-like cuss words, you're responsible for messing up God's kingdom.

Gwen says that people who talk pleasantly and without anger or cuss words have a better life.  She specifically reminds the boys that they're "not cool" if they use bad worlds or words that sound like cuss words.  She says that others will roll their eyes at them and they will be in a minority.  They'll stand out for the wrong things.  People won't like them.

Joe, once again, got very little speaking time.  Gwen let him read a few verses and, at the end, he got to talk about how proud he was of all the campers.

Spoiler

At the end, Joe tries to start dancing with Gwen but she just stands there.  Is the bloom off this particular boy-toy, Gwen??

Spoiler

93239463_Screenshot(155).thumb.png.16f91e444ecb050f618fb973aebc9b24.png

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, Xan said:

At the ends, Joe tries to start dancing with Gwen but she just stands there.  Is the bloom off this particular boy-toy, Gwen??

He also pretended like he was going to pick her up but she was too heavy. I wouldn't be surprised if they are barely tolerating each other by this point in their marriage. 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they are barely tolerating each other by this point in their marriage. 

If that’s the case, she has certainly painted herself into a corner ? Tarzan is supposedly the husband that The infallible God of the universe personally chose for Gwen after “liberating” her from the “oppression” of her original nonbeliever husband (this is the verbiage used in the document that remnant fellowship published in order to try to justify Gwen’s divorce and get ahead of all the inevitable bad public relations). 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

If that’s the case, she has certainly painted herself into a corner ? Tarzan is supposedly the husband that The infallible God of the universe personally chose for Gwen after “liberating” her from the “oppression” of her original nonbeliever husband (this is the verbiage used in the document that remnant fellowship published in order to try to justify Gwen’s divorce and get ahead of all the inevitable bad public relations). 

People we know have gone so far as to say he was abusive. I think the marriage thing on the website says something now about how your spouse has to support the direction that God is giving you or something.

• Upvote 5

I feel obligated to respond to some of the comments above.  David Shamblin is a decent and honorable man.  His only "abuse" was his inability to accept Gwen's megalomania known as Remnant Fellowship.

When Gwen wanted the divorce in October 2017 (coincidentally the same month Joe Lara became a member of Remnant, the same month Gwen hired a lawyer for Joe's child custody and child support matters, the same month Joe was working as Gwen's bodyguard, and just weeks before Joe moved into a Remnant related LLC owned house), Gwen sent David paperwork where David was originally named as the plaintiff.

Now why would Gwen do this.  First, to engage in something as radical as a divorce, Gwen had to make David look like the bad guy.  She had to justify getting a divorce.

If David had not noticed that he was the plaintiff,  Gwen would have been giving testimony with fake tears worthy of Jimmy Swaggert.  She would have talked about her devotion to her marriage until one day out of the blue her husband of forty years just dumped her.  Then she would have ended this testimony by saying something to the effect that God blessed her in the end with Joe Lara.

Having failed to make it look like David initiated the divorce, Gwen engaged in falsehoods about abuse.  No one has ever seen David hit Gwen or yell at Gwen.  Gwen might have faked abuse in front of others when David called, but David Shamblin is not a confrontational person.  The only people who believe that Gwen was abused would be mind numb RFers and of course she has her entourage to not care about the truth at all.  I suspect her kids probably listened to Gwen's BS but didn't dare stand up to her.    Of course in Gwen's mind, anyone who does not worship and adore Gwen Shamblin and her make it up as she goes religion is being abusive.  

Let's face it sometime in 2017 Gwen decided to trade the non-believer for a fake believer who said show me the money.  Fancy clothes, new car, swimming pool, movie stars as they say on the Beverly Hillbillies.   Joe was certainly a big part of Gwen's life in the month she filed for divorce.  No one can say definitively that Gwen was cheating on David cause there are no pictures and no one was in the room (well as least as far as we know).  However the circumstantial evidence suggests Gwen is an adulterer.  She did get engaged two days after the divorce decree was signed.  

What prompted me to post was the desire to protect David Shamblin's name that he was an abusive husband.  A Gwen Lie to justify her divorce and subsequent marriage to Joe Lara.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 8

17 minutes ago, Concerned1954 said:

I feel obligated to respond to some of the comments above.  David Shamblin is a decent and honorable man.  His only "abuse" was his inability to accept Gwen's megalomania known as Remnant Fellowship.

When Gwen wanted the divorce in October 2017 (coincidentally the same month Joe Lara became a member of Remnant, the same month Gwen hired a lawyer for Joe's child custody and child support matters, the same month Joe was working as Gwen's bodyguard, and just weeks before Joe moved into a Remnant related LLC owned house), Gwen sent David paperwork where David was originally named as the plaintiff.

Now why would Gwen do this.  First, to engage in something as radical as a divorce, Gwen had to make David look like the bad guy.  She had to justify getting a divorce.

If David had not noticed that he was the plaintiff,  Gwen would have been giving testimony with fake tears worthy of Jimmy Swaggert.  She would have talked about her devotion to her marriage until one day out of the blue her husband of forty years just dumped her.  Then she would have ended this testimony by saying something to the effect that God blessed her in the end with Joe Lara.

Having failed to make it look like David initiated the divorce, Gwen engaged in falsehoods about abuse.  No one has ever seen David hit Gwen or yell at Gwen.  Gwen might have faked abuse in front of others when David called, but David Shamblin is not a confrontational person.  The only people who believe that Gwen was abused would be mind numb RFers and of course she has her entourage to not care about the truth at all.  I suspect her kids probably listened to Gwen's BS but didn't dare stand up to her.    Of course in Gwen's mind, anyone who does not worship and adore Gwen Shamblin and her make it up as she goes religion is being abusive.  

Let's face it sometime in 2017 Gwen decided to trade the non-believer for a fake believer who said show me the money.  Fancy clothes, new car, swimming pool, movie stars as they say on the Beverly Hillbillies.   Joe was certainly a big part of Gwen's life in the month she filed for divorce.  No one can say definitively that Gwen was cheating on David cause there are no pictures and no one was in the room (well as least as far as we know).  However the circumstantial evidence suggests Gwen is an adulterer.  She did get engaged two days after the divorce decree was signed.  

What prompted me to post was the desire to protect David Shamblin's name that he was an abusive husband.  A Gwen Lie to justify her divorce and subsequent marriage to Joe Lara.  

Thank you for giving more information!

I should clarify, while we have family who have suggested that Gwen was abused, we've never believed it for a second. When we pushed them on the subject of abuse, they changed the subject and used the excuse that the divorce was because he didn't support her spiritually in her following God...never mind the fact that she had taught women for years that wives should stay with non-believing husbands unless they refused to allow their wives to attend RF. 

• Upvote 10

8 hours ago, Concerned1954 said:

This tracks with what everyone in the Remnant was saying back when I was a member: Stuff like David Shamblin is a great guy, it’s just too bad he’s not in the message...People in the Remnant would actually talk about how good of a nonbeliever husband he was because he would always defend Gwen if other nonbelievers tried to “slander” her...and Remnant men would often hang out with David—do you think they would do that if he actually had a reputation for abuse?  

That’s why I put “liberate” and “oppression” in quotation marks, because such verbiage in Remnant’s divorce-justifying document has always struck me as so over-the-top and ridiculous. Help, someone is “oppressing” me by wanting what’s best for my mental and physical health, and by not wanting me to spend all my money visiting cultists in Nashville 10 times per year! Call the waaambulance! It’s just so transparent that the whole thing was written to provide retroactive justification for Gwen’s divorce—after Gwen had spent years telling other women to stay married because that’s what God wants. But she makes an exception for herself. Typical fundie hypocrisy. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic