IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 13: Shut UP You Paper-Thin Chip Licker!

nelliebelle1197

18 minutes ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I know many of my religious family members say that Jesus washed away all the Old Testament teachings and that we really only need to follow Jesus’s teachings since he was a loving God

I was told this too but in my head  it doesn't solve anything. Even if God is loving and merciful NOW, there still was a time that he  was cruel and capricious and wanted people to commit genocides, and if he used to be bad he can't be the perfect being they want to claim he is.

And if he changed and developed, that doesn't really fit into that whole immortal-omnipotent-all knowing narrative  either. If he's all knowing and all powerful, why would he need to improve himself?

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

On 8/26/2020 at 6:26 AM, RFsurvivor said:

I can’t find the post about how do Remnant members keep up with having the nicer clothes for all the events and color schemes. Gwen recommended thrift shops and consignment stores to get dresses. Also people would swap dresses all the time. Lastly, not sure if it’s still in operation, but they created Angels Armoire which was a church ran consignment shop which had lots of formal and semi formal wear. Once that opened up, it was recommended that once kids grew out of their formal clothes to donate them there so that it would be able to be bought by or donated to another Remnant member. 

When I was in Remnant, myself and other women would literally watch for formal and cocktail dresses all year long at Goodwill, consignment and thrift shops. We would tell each other when the big name expensive stores at the Mall (like Macy's or Dillards) had big clearance racks. I remember once a RF woman shared that she was out of town and a consignment shop was going out of business and had a ton of formal gowns (many of then never worn). She said she called the Weighdown/Remnant office to ask them if she should buy extra and she told me she was instructed to buy all size 6 and below and "maybe a few larger sizes like size 8." She opened her SUV in the parking lot and the whole back was piled with formal gowns. 

I personally had a whole closet 6-8 feet wide that was full of just formal gowns and cocktail dresses were arranged in order of the colors of the rainbow, so I would always be prepared no matter what color was announced as the theme. I did not pay full price for any of them. At the time this just seemed fun and a way to "serve the Saints" by always having extra gown to share, but now I realize how crazy this was .... when we left RF I literally donated over 50 formal gowns to Goodwill. I would often lend the dresses out or give them to someone since there were several events each year that were formal and almost all the weddings were formal.  There were alot of weddings.        

I do not think I have heard it mentioned that not only did the women dress up for these events, but the vast majority of the men and even boys who were still growing owned a black tuxedo. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 5

28 minutes ago, FreefromRF said:

I personally had a whole closet 6-8 feet wide that was full of just formal gowns and cocktail dresses were arranged in order of the colors of the rainbow, so I would always be prepared no matter what color was announced as the theme.

When I read your post I pictured this from 27 Weddings - 

image.png.5bc920a56ad1168ce79db79b3579a527.png

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, FreefromRF said:

When I was in Remnant, myself and other women would literally watch for formal and cocktail dresses all year long at Goodwill, consignment and thrift shops. We would tell each other when the big name expensive stores at the Mall (like Macy's or Dillards) had big clearance racks. I remember once a RF woman shared that she was out of town and a consignment shop was going out of business and had a ton of formal gowns (many of then never worn). She said she called the Weighdown/Remnant office to ask them if she should buy extra and she told me she was instructed to buy all size 6 and below and "maybe a few larger sizes like size 8." She opened her SUV in the parking lot and the whole back was piled with formal gowns. 

I personally had a whole closet 6-8 feet wide that was full of just formal gowns and cocktail dresses were arranged in order of the colors of the rainbow, so I would always be prepared no matter what color was announced as the theme. I did not pay full price for any of them. At the time this just seemed fun and a way to "serve the Saints" by always having extra gown to share, but now I realize how crazy this was .... when we left RF I literally donated over 50 formal gowns to Goodwill. I would often lend the dresses out or give them to someone since there were several events each year that were formal and almost all the weddings were formal.  There were alot of weddings.        

I do not think I have heard it mentioned that not only did the women dress up for these events, but the vast majority of the men and even boys who were still growing owned a black tuxedo. 

So......Gwen literally doesn't want you to have any feelings or thoughts about anyone or anything but her sexy God, so how does one explain away the feelings a pretty dress gives you? Maybe my brain doesn't multi task well, but I don't see how someone could spend so much time shopping for dresses and stuff while still only dreaming of Gwens God. And what about the people who are spying on others and tattling on you if they know you went to the mall, but thought your time could've been spent more wisely? Do you just show up naked then? 

I hate these type of games. Is it not like being in high school every damn day? Please tell me, is it like mean girls? And if so, who is Regina George in all this and do people secretly hope other people will gain a few pounds? 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, SpecialAgentCookieCrisp said:

So......Gwen literally doesn't want you to have any feelings or thoughts about anyone or anything but her sexy God, so how does one explain away the feelings a pretty dress gives you? Maybe my brain doesn't multi task well, but I don't see how someone could spend so much time shopping for dresses and stuff while still only dreaming of Gwens God. And what about the people who are spying on others and tattling on you if they know you went to the mall, but thought your time could've been spent more wisely? Do you just show up naked then? 

I hate these type of games. Is it not like being in high school every damn day? Please tell me, is it like mean girls? And if so, who is Regina George in all this and do people secretly hope other people will gain a few pounds? 

"The Take" has a series of videos on " Mean Girls " , which I feel applies to Remnant Fellowship , especially with Gwen Shamblin Lara in the role of Regina George .   

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Upvote 3

We learn that Gwen was born yesterday, and that she  starves herself because she thinks that if she hates her life enough she will get to heaven.

Spoiler

A New Perspective on Hardships…

August 29, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

A caterpillar essentially “dies” in its cocoon so that a butterfly can emerge. Consider the spring that follows a harsh, deadly winter. Every year we watch trees lose their leaves, appearing to die; yet they come back to life bigger and stronger than the year before. Another symbol of life from death around us is the daily example of the long, cold night and the warmth of the morning sun rising again. We have to believe that the sun will rise again. Jesus drew a great word picture for us:

“I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.” John 12:24-26

It all boils down to acknowledgment that we were born yesterday and that God is the Genius of forever. There is an eternal purpose, and when you are done with suffering, you will be done with sin.

“Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin. As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God.” I Peter 4:1-2

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

Since Gwen hasn't put up a new video, I decided to go back and get some screen caps of her sperm eyebrows.

Spoiler

241489078_Screenshot(1393).png.018fb824bbfe307c7b6afbfbb7501cb0.png254298996_Screenshot(1394).png.b7e02f7b868456a36108adeab547ea0d.png1150263891_Screenshot(1395).png.2e7b6e4de2b286afbaf6774c438b8f10.png

Does anyone else do this?  Why on earth would you draw your eyebrows down to the corners of your eyes?  Does she understand how silly she looks?  And if it looks this bad in a picture, how terrible must it look in real life?

56 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

We learn that Gwen was born yesterday, and that she  starves herself because she thinks that if she hates her life enough she will get to heaven.

Hide contents

It all boils down to acknowledgment that we were born yesterday and that God is the Genius of forever. There is an eternal purpose, and when you are done with suffering, you will be done with sin.

I always thought she sounded like she was born yesterday.  

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Reveal hidden contents

A New Perspective on Hardships…

August 29, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

A caterpillar essentially “dies” in its cocoon so that a butterfly can emerge. Consider the spring that follows a harsh, deadly winter. Every year we watch trees lose their leaves, appearing to die; yet they come back to life bigger and stronger than the year before. Another symbol of life from death around us is the daily example of the long, cold night and the warmth of the morning sun rising again. We have to believe that the sun will rise again. Jesus drew a great word picture for us:

“I tell you the truth, unless a kernel of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed. But if it dies, it produces many seeds. The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me.” John 12:24-26

“Therefore, since Christ suffered in his body, arm yourselves also with the same attitude, because he who has suffered in his body is done with sin. As a result, he does not live the rest of his earthly life for evil human desires, but rather for the will of God.” I Peter 4:1-2

According to what I have read , this Bible passage is supposed to be referring to religious persecution , not self harm . { https://enduringword.com/bible-commentary/1-peter-4/  ,  https://www.biblestudytools.com/commentaries/matthew-henry-complete/1-peter/4.html  }  

Spoiler

40d50b0ec1169bc533613515be0ee54e.jpg

Spoiler

83a58615b87526212354e55772673540.jpg

I will say though that Gwen's words did bring to mind this song from my youth as an evangelical .   

• Upvote 4

On 8/28/2020 at 4:56 PM, SpecialAgentCookieCrisp said:

Gwen had us convinced that the fancy dresses were to "dress up for God." I don't know if other women secretly hoped other people would gain weight. It was definitely noticed though. I recall when I gained a few pounds (even as few as 10 pound), there were several times that someone who had been in RF longer than me would say something to me about it (because they "love me"). They would tell me I was not glorifying God or that I had no business testifying to anyone about what God was doing in my life because I had gained some weight. I probably wore a size 8 at the time. Once I went to the RF leaders for clarification and I had questions because what someone told me I needed to do did not make sense.  I was told I needed to be under that person's authority since they had been in RF longer than me. Oh my....How dare I think for myself!

Funny you mention spending time more wisely than at the Mall....I never got scolded for that but it was made very clear that you should not have time for hobbies. All you spare time should be spent "serving the Saints.". I recall a sermon where Gwen said we should not have any idle time because that would result in time with our idols.

Anyhow, You mention the movie Mean Girls......I have to admit I have never seen it. RF kept me so busy that I rarely watched any TV.... when we left RF I did not even know how to turn on the TV or use the remote control! When we got out, I totally binge watched on Netflix for a few months! I think I may need to put Mean Girls on my list of things to watch since both you and Marmion mentioned it!

• Upvote 13

You will love Mean Girls. It’s a classic quotable movie. “Serving the Saints” 24/7 sounds exhausting, and wonder when they expect people to rest and refuel. But I am slightly jealous that you had so much great Netflix to catch up on. I am always looking for new shows. 

• Upvote 6

10 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

You will love Mean Girls. It’s a classic quotable movie. “Serving the Saints” 24/7 sounds exhausting, and wonder when they expect people to rest and refuel. But I am slightly jealous that you had so much great Netflix to catch up on. I am always looking for new shows. 

One of my favorite of Gwen's many twisted "ideas" involved the movie "The Devil Wears Prada".  She used that to push the narrative of how we should always be striving to please God (or her).  To look our best, do whatever is asked of you....all in the name of being a "saint".  I always wanted to say to her "Did you really watch the movie"?    Of course anyone that has been to the church a few times has seen the "Matrix" parody with her, Micheal and Elisabeth.   

• Upvote 6

Y'all just don't understand that the RF dress up games are all about the Holy Spirit. God's convicting Spirit wakes Gwen up at night and tells her how her wardrobe choices could have been improved.

Spoiler

Beautiful, Loving Conviction from the Holy Spirit

August 30, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

The Holy Spirit is a free gift given to those who obey, [Acts 5:32] but it is worth billions—it spares us from many shameful, destructive behaviors. In a word, the convicting feeling of the Holy Spirit has been our only salvation. I crave it and cannot imagine life without it. God’s Spirit gently wakes me up at night and reminds me of my words and actions the day before that could have been improved. Then, through prayer and planning, I go back and get it right the next day. I love the conviction so much—I love convicting sermons or times that make me look inward. If any testing or difficulty comes my way, I rely on God and His Spirit to guide me. This free revelation is the most important element on Earth. Christ said:

“All this I have spoken while still with you. But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.” John 14:25-26

Christ revealed his convicting life and left us with God’s convicting Spirit. It is what has brought so many of us together and changed us and unified us. Everyone at the Remnant Fellowship Church loves this conviction. We long for it each time we meet or fellowship with one another. We love to share our convictions as we continue to search our hearts daily and make changes for the better!

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

23 hours ago, FreefromRF said:

Funny you mention spending time more wisely than at the Mall....I never got scolded for that but it was made very clear that you should not have time for hobbies. All you spare time should be spent "serving the Saints.". I recall a sermon where Gwen said we should not have any idle time because that would result in time with our idols

19 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

As I mentioned before , IIRC , this falls under behavior control .  

6.  Manipulation and deprivation of sleep  8. Restrict leisure, entertainment, vacation time 

https://freedomofmind.com/bite-model/  

• Upvote 5
  • Move Along 1

Oh , and speaking of quotable scenes from the movie " Mean Girls " , I think that this scene especially reminds me of Remnant Fellowship .   

Spoiler

rules-of-the-plastics2.jpg?w=560&h=600&c

• Upvote 4

I am quite motivated to watch Mean Girls this upcoming weekend and have added it onto my Watchlist! 

Marmion mentions the BITE model: "6.  Manipulation and deprivation of sleep  8. Restrict leisure, entertainment, vacation time "

Yes, Yes Yes on all the BITE model points!

Gwen would preach that vacation is time to be with other Saints and to work on our relationships with God. We were encouraged to not only go on vacation with those we were closest to and comfortable with but invite people we did not know very well or who were 'further in the walk" than we were.

We rarely went on vacation without inviting other RF members to join us...sometimes multiple families.  I recall Mr FreefromRF even being brave enough to invite a Leadership Couple along once. Typically whoever we invited would accept the invite and we would share our accommodations, bring a ton of food and essentially spend all our time with them. We had drunk the kool-aid so we thought this was a great idea. Honestly, we would usually have a pretty good time, but in hindsight we missed opportunities to have quality family time away from home  without feeling like Big Brother was watching and that we might get turned in to the "Remnant Police." There was not a "Remnant Police" but that was a term we (and some others) would use to refer to being ratted out to Leadership, usually for really stupid things! And there were times that one of our guests would decide that they were the more experienced "Saint" if they had been in RF longer and they would not hesitate to tell us what we were doing wrong at any given point in time.   And Heaven forbid if you had not planned ahead and  figured out a way to webcast when you were going to be out of town or better yet, to contact any RF members that live near your destination and invite yourselves over to their place to webcast church (even if you had never met them!).

Now we go on vacation alone and mostly just chill, relax, enjoy good food and sip adult beverages on the beach! 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

19 hours ago, Smalltowngirltn said:

Of course anyone that has been to the church a few times has seen the "Matrix" parody with her, Micheal and Elisabeth.

Oh shit, I totally forgot about that! I’ve always believed that video was pure, unrefined cringe. Hey @throwaway9988 & @RFsurvivor, remember this video and the other ones from Passover? 

Edited by RFSurvivor_2
  • Upvote 5

I really want to see the Matrix parody! Along with that musical Micheal wrote and starred in. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Along with that musical Micheal wrote and starred in. 

Which one? V2 / Voices or Hosannah Symphony? 

• Upvote 3

Ha yes I remember it. Basically it’s the scene near the end of the first Matrix movie when Neo and Trinity walk into that building where Morpheus is being tortured on the top floor and they do a bunch of karate and flips as they shoot the whole place up with submachine guns. Except the editing replaces Neo and Trinity with Gwen, Michael, and Elizabeth wielding Bibles and doing bad cartwheels. It was funny to me when I was 14 but in retrospect now I’m just annoyed that Remnant had to go and ruin another good movie for me. Remember, if you were reading this post with your “spiritual eyes,” you’d see that it was written by the demon/machine that is controlling my soul/body and wants to trick you into worshipping satan/being complacent while it uses your body heat to recharge its batteries. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 5

54 minutes ago, RFSurvivor_2 said:

Which one? V2 / Voices or Hosannah Symphony? 

Both! :laughing-jumpingpurple: The RF stuff is always so over the top weird. I have sat through a hell of a lot of poorly put together church programs, but Gwen's things are always just so bizarre. She spends all this money on thing that are so, so bad. With most bad church programs it can be chalked up to no budget and a small talent pool, Gwen has a budget and access to lots of talented people. She is just incapable of making things not strange. 

21 minutes ago, throwaway9988 said:

trick you into worshipping satan/being complacent while it uses your body heat to recharge its batteries. 

What?! Does she really teach this? I honestly can't tell with her teachings. 

My spiritual eyes showed me that Satan offers free cookies and Gwod offers diet coke, so I went with Satan. Cookies win over diet coke every single time.

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 6

Yes, just as God uses Gwen to send messages to his people, he uses animals, movies, and normal everyday events to send messages to his people. You just need to “see with your spiritual eyes” (try really hard to think of how every event might be a message from god) and then feel a lot of confirmation bias, and you too can interpret movies and random birds as signs from God!

In this case, God used The Matrix to send His people a message that there is a secret spiritual war going on that the rest of the world doesnt know about. Demons will inhabit people’s souls and use them to try to talk you out of staying in the Remnant because they want you to end up in Hell. You need wake up from the delusion of the Matrix to see this secret spiritual world/war with your new eyes or you will get tricked and end up in Hell.  

At least, that was Gwen’s original interpretation of the movie. After it turned out that the Wachowskis were transsexual and that the Matrix movies were an extended allegory about realizing they were trapped and suffering dysphoria in their old bodies and needed to ‘wake up’ and become self actualized in new bodies, then Gwen said that maybe God hadn’t been using the Wachowskis to spread his message after all ??‍♂️ It’s funny how projecting the will of God into every little mundane event and coincidence will result in a lot of misinterpretations; maybe Gwen will eventually ‘wake up’ and realize that for herself!

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

On today's menu: Random Word Salad. Lots of volume, little content.

Being Able to Say, “I’m Sorry”

August 31, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Looking inward and changing is a hard teaching.

Well, yeah, sometimes it's hard to see your own flaws and fix them, but IMO that is not "a teaching".

The nearer that Jesus got to the cross, the fewer the people who followed Him.

Maybe some people like to stay away from people who may nail you to the cross?

His disciples said:

“This is a hard teaching. Who can accept it?” Aware that his disciples were grumbling about this, Jesus said to them, “Does this offend you? …The Spirit gives life; the flesh counts for nothing. The words I have spoken to you are spirit and they are life.” John 6:60b-61,63

This is a quote from when Jesus had fed the five thousand and preached in Capernaum, so not super close to the cross.

In other words, follow God’s Spirit and do not follow your fleshly desires—they are no help to your life. What is so hard about being wrong? Nothing. It is a lie that people think you are intelligent if you win the argument. The truly honored wise can sincerely say, “You are right and I am wrong.” The brilliant wise can freely say, “I am sorry, forgive me.” A rush of love comes between two people during these times of humility. You may keep your pride, but know this… you cannot have a relationship nor a friendship with your pride. Pride and loneliness go hand in hand. Pride and joblessness go hand in hand.

If you read https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John 6&version=NIV

you will see that this word salad has NOTHING to do with what jesus was talking about. The hard teaching it refers to is Jesus saying that people who eat his flesh and drink his blood have eternal life, and the people didn't understand how anyone could eat his flesh. 

I suppose she's right (a broken clock is right twice per day), and asking for forgiveness may be  good for your friendships, but why would pride go hand in hand with joblessness? Unemployed people are more proud of themselves? I don't think so. If you're proud you're gonna lose your job? I doubt it. In my experience keeping your job is less about saying you're sorry you were wrong and more about doing your job right so you don't have to apologize all the damn time.

Anyway, when's the last time that Gwen said she was wrong and she was sorry?

It is hard to swallow at first that you have sinned, and even harder still to believe that all this time the resulting self-pity and self-focus were a result of not repenting. But try this, and you will see that happiness and good relationships are in your hands, inside your choice and control. When you see the joy and hope that you receive from changing yourself instead of projecting, you will want to swallow this truth and make this change.

Again, nothing to do with what Jesus was talking about there.

If you're unhappy or other people's  behavior sucks it's your own damn fault because happiness is your own choice at all times. I don't remember Jesus saying this. He said when you're unhappy your faith in God may comfort you, or words to that effect.

Sometimes your relationships might get better if you change your own habits but this is by no means a foolproof method because there are two people in every relationship.

Anyway, in the devotionals she promises INSTANT HAPPINESS  if you're godly  enough

On Facebook: If you're godly enough you must commit to CONSTANT SUFFERING

kuva.png.d2406696da3e265d8550bb518ba04c70.png

If your focus is on God's will minute-by-minute, I really hope you're not operating motor vehicles or using any dangerous tools.

The words she left out of the Bible quote above are:

62 Then what if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

I thought the past few devotionals might have been new because they didn't follow the same order in thread 8, but I was wrong (see Gwen, I can admit it and it didn't hurt at all),  she just skipped a few items from 2019. We're still in thread 8 and most of the recent ones were posted there. 

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic