IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 13: Shut UP You Paper-Thin Chip Licker!

nelliebelle1197

Gwen has created God in her own image I think. She needs her kids to be perfectly obedient at all times or she won't buy them things. So why wouldn't the God of Christhinity be worse.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The Christianity I was taught as a kid bears almost no resemblance to the tenants of Gwen.

Doesn't fighting God for his favor contradict parables like the prodigal son or the lost sheep? Even if Gwen maintains God and Jesus are two totally different deities, Jesus is talking about God's love and the whole point is that God loves even those who aren't sitting around being the perfect children. He loves the sheep that wanders off and loves the son who rebelled. 

The Gospel According to Gwen is very unique and I have a feeling absolutely none of her followers could actually have a theological debate. 

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

22 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

The Gospel According to Gwen is very unique and I have a feeling absolutely none of her followers could actually have a theological debate. 

I think that was proven when they came here and tried and were handed their asses by those of you who actually know biblical stuff, IIRC.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

What is it about the Gwen thread that brings in the cuckoo? I finally have time to catch up on this thread and there's yet another person defending RF. 

There's not much left to say as everyone gave great responses to the b.s. buy I did find this to be incredibly dismissive:

On 8/5/2020 at 7:13 PM, Concerned1954 said:

That truth is that Gwen is a silly, stupid woman who says silly, stupid things but with charisma albeit fading charisma. 

Talk about minimizing the real issues here. Gwen is not a "silly" woman. She's a very dangerous cult leader who's teachings have costed a child their life. Whoever it is that posted this garbage is way too close to the situation to see things clearly. Gwen is evil and David was most definitely complicit if not through direct action, then by his silence.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Doesn't fighting God for his favor contradict parables like the prodigal son or the lost sheep? Even if Gwen maintains God and Jesus are two totally different deities, Jesus is talking about God's love and the whole point is that God loves even those who aren't sitting around being the perfect children. He loves the sheep that wanders off and loves the son who rebelled. 

Even though I was a member for quite a while, I know (and knew at the time) I never would have been able to have a theological debate. We were actually taught NOT to and to encourage people to come and see it for themselves. 

12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

:happy-cheerleaderkid:Go Saints! :happy-cheerleaderkid:Screenshot_20200811-151404.thumb.jpg.6d64908bc20de748e560fe4d71ccb948.jpg

:happy-cheerleaderkid:Fight like a war! Beat that other team! It's your last chance to win! Coach won't talk to you again if you lose today! :happy-cheerleaderkid:

Thank you for adding humor to this post with the cheerleaders cause WTF?

• Upvote 13

Fighting for god’s favor might be based on jacob and esau (Gwen has used that story a lot) or a few other stories.   Regarding the prodigal son, Gwen would probably say that it’s all about the heart: the prodigal son ended up having the right heart, wanting to come back to the Father.  The other son had the wrong heart, because although it was good that he was following the rules, his heart was jealous that his brother was forgiven whereas his heart should have been rejoicing that a soul had returned to god. Annoyingly, I still remember all of Gwen’s teachings quite well despite doing my best to zone out every time she started talking. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

7 hours ago, SuperNova said:

What is it about the Gwen thread that brings in the cuckoo? I finally have time to catch up on this thread and there's yet another person defending RF. 

There's not much left to say as everyone gave great responses to the b.s. buy I did find this to be incredibly dismissive:

Talk about minimizing the real issues here. Gwen is not a "silly" woman. She's a very dangerous cult leader who's teachings have costed a child their life. Whoever it is that posted this garbage is way too close to the situation to see things clearly. Gwen is evil and David was most definitely complicit if not through direct action, then by his silence.

The question I would have is just how much responsibility does the ex spouse or romantic partner of a cult leader bear ?   Or for that matter , just how culpable are those who had been members of the group ?  

Guilt and Shame

Former cult members experience an overdose of guile and shame. In the cult, most were obligated to enlist new members and to collect money in less than honest ways. They feel guilty about their treatment of parents, brothers and sisters, and friends' about having lied, having committed acts of violence, or having carried out illegal activities at the bidding of the cult leader. They feel guilty about having tricked others into supporting the cult in some way, and about those they recruited who are still int he cult or who never would have joined otherwise.

Former members may also feel extreme and unwarranted guilt over almost anything they thought or did, fears of all kinds of things, and intense doubt every time they try to make a decision. As they unearth the stark reality of the deception and dishonesty of cult life, many ex-members also feel great remorse over their action and frequently worry about how to right the wrongs they did. They can overcome such guilt only by accepting what they did and forgiving themselves, making amends with others where possible.

https://www.culteducation.com/group/1273-recovery/17912-cults-in-our-midst-leaving-a-cult-and-recoverings.html  From someone who had dated for a time a notorious cult leader 

These are people who tell you that you have to follow their guidelines, or their belief system. They isolate you from your friends or family. They start with love bombing, so they build you up in order to tear you down to then rebuild you into what they want you to be. Someone who really wants to help you to develop into a more successful person isn’t going to isolate you from your friends and family. Good cult leaders do it slowly. Someone that has the skill set that Keith Raniere had, and Nancy Salzman had, knows to go slowly, look for vulnerability, and draw you in. No one joins a cult. They are indoctrinated.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/11/what-it-was-like-to-date-a-cult-leader.html   For example , some people might feel that the women involved in the group I referenced for comparative example should be shown leniency .  https://frankreport.com/2020/06/23/allison-mack-and-lauren-salzman-deserve-mercy-and-leniency-from-us-district-court-judge-nicholas-g-garaufis/  I wonder though if maybe the the respective sexes of those in question might factor in to how they are viewed by other people .  If Remnant fellowship were led by a man , and instead of David Shamblin we were talking about an ex-wife of the leader , might the response be different ?  Just something to think about . 

• Upvote 3
  • Move Along 1

3 hours ago, Marmion said:

The question I would have is just how much responsibility does the ex spouse or romantic partner of a cult leader bear ?   Or for that matter , just how culpable are those who had been members of the group ?  

https://www.culteducation.com/group/1273-recovery/17912-cults-in-our-midst-leaving-a-cult-and-recoverings.html  From someone who had dated for a time a notorious cult leader 

https://www.thecut.com/2019/11/what-it-was-like-to-date-a-cult-leader.html   For example , some people might feel that the women involved in the group I referenced for comparative example should be shown leniency .  https://frankreport.com/2020/06/23/allison-mack-and-lauren-salzman-deserve-mercy-and-leniency-from-us-district-court-judge-nicholas-g-garaufis/  I wonder though if maybe the the respective sexes of those in question might factor in to how they are viewed by other people .  If Remnant fellowship were led by a man , and instead of David Shamblin we were talking about an ex-wife of the leader , might the response be different ?  Just something to think about . 

Interesting point, especially regarding gender reversal. It's often the case that women get off lighter than men but that may be a failing of the court system, not that women necessarily deserve more leniency than a man.

Of course, it's all speculation but I would hold to my original thought that David is at least somewhat complicit. He was not an active member of RF but there is no way that as Gwen's spouse he was totally ignorant of what was happening. He had to have been aware that his wife was embroiled in a murder case. 

Maybe he chose to stay for his kids (although they were already grown), maybe he liked the lifestyle that he was able to have, maybe he and Gwen had an agreement so the optics would remain ideal for her. Who knows? David had his part to play and for whatever reason, he chose to play it. At least he did until Gwen decided to replace him.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

11 hours ago, Marmion said:

The question I would have is just how much responsibility does the ex spouse or romantic partner of a cult leader bear ?

If he was just an ex-spouse I would say David bore less responsibility. But he wasn't. He was the CEO of weigh down when it was teaching all these awful things. He was the CEO when it was being sued by employees who got fired for not joining RF.  He was hosting parties to love bomb people into joining RF. He was letting his name be used as a way to draw in new members. He was being held up as a founding shepherd of RF. He defended it. Even his friend @Concerned1954 admitted David defended the creation of RF. He made a shit ton of money off a weight loss program he pretty clearly knew was bullshit. And we can tell he knew it was bullshit because he himself never seemed to use it or if he did use it he found it didn't work. 

David is not some regular victim of Gwen. He was Gwen's partner and profited from her terrible weight loss advice. Again, advice he must have known didn't actually work. 

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 1

13 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

Even though I was a member for quite a while, I know (and knew at the time) I never would have been able to have a theological debate. We were actually taught NOT to and to encourage people to come and see it for themselves. 

Thank you for adding humor to this post with the cheerleaders cause WTF?

when I was in contact  with Weigh Down years ago (they had tried to set me up with a WD 'counselor" in my area) I was told, when asked, if I had to believe what Gwen does.....that there is no Trinity and Jesus was just a man.  I was angrily told , that Oh yeah, I DO!  when I pressed to ask why, since I only wanted to lose some poundage, this person told me that "YOU JUST DO, THAT"S ALL!"  talk about bat shit crazy

Edited by Victorianroses
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 2

Our progress  in the devotionals follows thread 8. Previously we have learned that you can't have a minimum wage job in two competing junk food chains and that Jesus wants you to be thin because you need to fit through a very narrow door.

Today we get

https://www.freejinger.org/topic/32495-gwen-shamblin-8-not-smart-enough-to-think/?do=findComment&comment=1790112

Spoiler

More than likely, you are being tempted with food when you come home from work or are home alone. There you are in your house, and there is no one around… so the battle begins. The lies come in…

The first strategic move is to get out of the location of temptation—someplace where you can be alone to gather your thoughts in order to pass this test.

Problem: You want to eat when you're alone.

Solution: Go some place where you can be alone.

Wait, what?

Spoiler

Food, drugs, alcohol, and overspending all make us feel worse, not better.

All food makes Gwen feel worse but spending doesn't, only if she spent more than she wanted to.

Spoiler

You will then start to feel your prayer being answered or the magnetic force of worldly things ending, to the point that you do not even want to eat. You cannot even imagine wanting to eat the food when you are not hungry. God has heard your prayer and has taken the desire for food away, and your heart starts feeling happy!

Pro Ana Goals: get an aversion to all food. Starvation makes you happy.

Spoiler

Write these steps down on your bathroom mirror or on your refrigerator and memorize them for life.

The mirror works because Gwen spends a lot of time in front of her mirror.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 3

8 hours ago, Victorianroses said:

when I was in contact  with Weigh Down years ago (they had tried to set me up with a WD 'counselor" in my area) I was told, when asked, if I had to believe what Gwen does.....that there is no Trinity and Jesus was just a man.  I was angrily told , that Oh yeah, I DO!  when I pressed to ask why, since I only wanted to lose some poundage, this person told me that "YOU JUST DO, THAT"S ALL!"  talk about bat shit crazy

Spoiler

because-i-said-so.jpg

Spoiler

fiverr-mothersday-06.jpg

https://dinnertablemba.com/because-i-said-so/ 

• Upvote 3

On 8/11/2020 at 8:56 PM, RFsurvivor said:

We were actually taught NOT to and to encourage people to come and see it for themselves. 

21 hours ago, Victorianroses said:

When the RF/WD borg showed up here they kept telling us to come see for ourselves. But it also sounds like when people do ask questions in person they freak out at that. If members here had taken them up on that and pranced into RF to ask some questions I'm pretty sure they would not have been happy. 

I wonder if Gwen or any of the top leaders actually understand their theology. I have a strong feeling not even Gwen could debate what she teaches. Reading Gwen's "thoughts" it seems like she just spouts whatever pops into her mind with no real thought except for "starvation is good". In the live chats she used to do(not surprised she stopped those!), she could barely string together a sentence. For some one who is a minister she is truly a terrible speaker. Her talks were filled with "ums" and awkward pauses and sentences that dropped off mid way through. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 11

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I submit that the defendant has no theology.

Let me direct your attention to Exhibit A.

Spoiler

The Joy of Acceptance

August 13, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

When you let go and let God…

kuva.png.a1592f89497ac7aa380fea4587ef8374.png

That is not theology, it is merely that the defendant has some inspirational memes memorized.

Spoiler

you will find acceptance by the best looking, most talented, richest, most powerful Being in the Universe, the Great I Am.

That is not theology, it is merely that the defendant is disappointed in the quality of human males that find her attractive and invented the perfect casanova to brighten her menopause

kuva.png.9d000b73ac6aa1cf18cc53d7e98a6260.png

Spoiler

Now that is how you build solid self-esteem!

That is not theology, it is merely that the defendant's self esteem hangs upon whether talented rich über hunks adore her.

Spoiler

You can master this choice of truly repenting and giving your heart over to the Father.

That is not theology, that is incestuous.

Spoiler

You must master it, because you were made to go down this narrow path and through the narrow door, which gets easier with every pound lost, because now you see that these are actually pounds of disobedience!

That is not theology, it is merely that the defendant has misunderstood a biblical metaphor. Jesus did not actually mean that you have to get thinner to fit through the narrow door.

Spoiler

Peace and joy are the results of godly sorrow and true repentance, because the acceptance of God floods the soul. Even your countenance will change.

That is not theology, it is merely that the defendant lost  fat in the facial area and had cosmetic procedures to compensate for it.

Spoiler

Notice how easy it is to make this connection we are talking about. Make it a point to observe how depressed you feel when you mess up and how great you feel when you obey God and eat right and lose weight.

That is not theology, it is merely that the defendant manipulates her followers into believing Pro Ana propaganda.

Spoiler

You can master this!

That is not theology, this is merely suggestion.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 5

45 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

You must master it, because you were made to go down this narrow path and through the narrow door, which gets easier with every pound lost, because now you see that these are actually pounds of disobedience!

Hide contents

That is not theology, it is merely that the defendant has misunderstood a biblical metaphor. Jesus did not actually mean that you have to get thinner to fit through the narrow door.

"Pounds of disobedience"??  This is so, so messed up.  No wonder she looks anorexic and encourages eating disorders.  This is just "if you eat, you're disobeying God."  

You're right.  There's no real theology behind it.  She's just combined weight loss with religion.  On what dark night was she lying there and thinking, "if I could just create a religion with  a plan to stop overeating, I could make a fortune!"?

A lot of the people we follow at FreeJinger are extreme and interesting but Gwen, for some reason, is the one that I can't quite understand.  I just don't get how she still has followers.  Sure, she's gotten people enmeshed and it's hard to leave if you'll be shunned by your family and lose your job.  But surely they have to step back now and then and see that she's crazy, don't they?  At this point, she doesn't even have to speak.  You can look at her and they way she lives and see that she's unbalanced and hypocritical.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 9

@Xan I dont think many people stay in Remnant for the finer points of theology, they stay for the feelings. Here are a few examples:

* The “Relationship.” Real life is full of randomness and chaos and unfortunate coincidences and things that are our of our control. People have problems and anxieties.  Then Gwen systematically teaches people to interpret every event in their lives (food falling on the floor, complimented by a coworker, boss assigning extra work, random animal outside their bedroom window, one of their prayers coming true, one of their prayers not coming true) as a direct act by a God who (while ignoring the prayers of starving children or abuse victims) is apparently leading them, choosing their clothes, taking care of them, listening to their prayers, and having a direct relationship with them. Whenever a good coincidence happens, they get thrills and warm fuzzy feelings that God is happy with them, they feel reassured. Whenever a bad coincidence happens, they feel anxious or upset that God is unhappy that theyve sinned, and they redouble their efforts to live according to Gwen’s teachings 24/7/365. It’s constant positive or negative reinforcement, except no one is actively training them anymore, Gwen just got them started and now they are brainwashing themselves based on how they interpret random events in their daily lives. God starts to feel real to them like never before. They start to live for the feelings of safety and reassurance, and leaving Remnant would mean giving up this “personal relationship with God.” This brainwashing also ties into the “blessings for obedience:”

* The Prosperity gospel, or “blessings for obedience, curses for disobedience.” Remnant makes people feel successful and secure. Many people joined because they hated being overweight, and upon being told they were eternally damned if they did not starve themselves, they successfully lost weight (interpreted as proof that God is real and that WeighDown/Remnant are correct—Gwen was right in this area so she must be right about everything else; a bad tree cannot bear good fruit).  Then they are constantly bombarded by people repetitively praising “this message,” and talking about how bad things are for people who are outside “this message.” It gets drilled into people’s heads that leaving the Remnant not only means losing your job/friends/family, but also all of God’s blessings regarding your weight, finances, health, and eternal life. They love to whisper stories about how badly people who left their cult are doing now. Except for all the people who left and are doing better than ever; they either pretend not to remember all of those people, or they explain it as God “giving them over to their sins” (basically God only disciplines his children whom he loves, he gives up on people who willfully sin too much and lets them enjoy success on earth before they burn in Hell for eternity). So staying in Remnant means feeling happy and getting blessings, but leaving means the fear of losing everthing, getting fat, and then burning in Hell.

* Tribalism. It’s in the cult’s name: the Remnant, the few who are right when everyone else is wrong, the few who will get to live forever in heaven while everyone else burns in Hell. It gives people a feeling of comfort, others a feeling of superiority or righteousness. Not to mention that they are the only church being led by a real Prophet of God. Why would people leave to join the losing team, basing their lives and decisions on pesky things like science and history and logic instead of on what God’s living Prophet tell them? Gwen plays into this even more, telling members there is a spiritual war going on between God and the devil. Every time they sin, they are helping Satan. Remnant members get pumped up to be the superheroes, the good guys who are fighting the good fight so that God will win. This tribalism also deepens Gwen’s control over them: Remnant members are taught that their own thoughts cannot be trusted. Thoughts that are critical of Gwen, the other leaders, or the Remnant in general are clearly thoughts that have been put into their brains by Satan. And if you “entertain” those thoughts (which means thinking about if those thoughts have any merit/logic/proof) rather than immediately ignoring those thoughts, then you are helping Satan infiltrate God’s kingdom. So being on the winning team becomes another tool that Gwen uses to get her members to brainwash themselves. After a while, she doesn’t even have to defend herself from criticisms; her own cult members train themselves to ignore any arguments that Gwen wouldnt want them to hear. 

So it’s not really about theology, it’s about brainwashing and giving people the feelings that they want to feel. If you argue theology with a Remnant member, it quickly becomes clear that they “know” (not factually, but in the sense of a very strong, deeply held belief) they are in the correct religion and that they have a personal relationship with God due to all these feelings and subjective experiences. They will always fall back on telling you that you need to visit Nashville and experience it for yourself. Or if you already have visited, they will tell you that you need to go “all in” so that you can experience it for yourself. That’s what this cult is—desperately brainwashing yourself so that you can try to keep feeling certain things you like to feel. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 7
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, throwaway9988 said:

So it’s not really about theology, it’s about brainwashing and giving people the feelings that they want to feel. If you argue theology with a Remnant member, it quickly becomes clear that they “know” (not factually, but in the sense of a very strong, deeply held belief) they are in the correct religion and that they have a personal relationship with God due to all these feelings and subjective experiences. They will always fall back on telling you that you need to visit Nashville and experience it for yourself. Or if you already have visited, they will tell you that you need to go “all in” so that you can experience it for yourself. That’s what this cult is—desperately brainwashing yourself so that you can try to keep feeling certain things you like to feel. 

Thank you.  That helps a lot.  I guess I'm always puzzled that people can be so brainwashed even today but I guess as the world gets more complicated, there will always be people looking for someone to give them easy answers.  

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Xan said:

You're right.  There's no real theology behind it.  She's just combined weight loss with religion.  On what dark night was she lying there and thinking, "if I could just create a religion with  a plan to stop overeating, I could make a fortune!"?

I think her and her ex husband figured it out when they did the business taxes one year. They thought, how do we lower our business tax burden? Oh, churches are tax-exempt...?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

@Xan

When we got into a theological debate where our RF relative literally just repeated the exact same verse like a broken record for hours, she finally broke down crying and said "I don't see how you don't see it... If you would just spend time with us and listen to Gwen's teachings for a while, you'd feel God's difference in your life." That's it... That's the "theology." The tribalism feels good, the step-by-step guide to heaven feels like it makes sense, and the wealth means they feel like they must be doing something right. 

We tried to tell her that feelings can lie but the Bible never does and she was dumbfounded.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love 9

New "Life with Gwen and Joe" is up now.  This one is "How to have parties all about God".  (Starts out with teenagers having, according to Gwen, "good clean fun".)

Spoiler

Joe gets to speak this time.  He compliments the teenagers on being "upright".  One of the girls is having a birthday and Gwen says that, even on her birthday this girl is making the party about God.  Gwen tells us that they'll be showing us different parties and every one is all about God.  Oh wow, Gwen.  Yay... (yawn)

There's an adult birthday party.  Then we see a graduation party.  Gwen tells the crowd that they are "hand selected" by God.  (Gotta be special if you're in her cult!)  Now we go to a "church leadership encouragement dinner".  It's a formal dinner and everyone is wearing either black, white, or light blue.  Joe praises everyone and then Gwen follows and ends up with a rambling prayer where she repeats herself a couple of times.  I thinks she's having trouble finding different ways to say "we're praising you, God".  

They didn't do any outtakes at the end this time.  And Joe still isn't speaking as much as he did a few weeks ago.  Oh, Tarzan -- you shouldn't have been so obvious in your desire to jump into the spotlight.  Gwenny doesn't share the spotlight.

Here are some screenshots.  I kind of enjoyed this video because we got to see several of Gwen's ridiculous outfits.  There are the usual black tops/dresses with spaghetti straps.  She pairs a top with a pair of shorts.  Her legs look like popsicle sticks inside those big old shorts.  One shot has her in a weird white dress with way too much going on at the bottom.  Last pic is of Gwen talking about God and pointing to the sky because, otherwise, we'd all forget that God's supposed to live up there.

Spoiler

1090221591_Screenshot(1282).thumb.png.d7460e67855e12dd3e5d50d5274c09a8.png538704591_Screenshot(1283).png.d25346131556cb504ac60f152194bd49.png392397446_Screenshot(1284).png.e0f13329d08cdc3d64d10db726c188ee.png1442070321_Screenshot(1285).thumb.png.6462f94e275bc9d3569c92286c4ece5f.png676395444_Screenshot(1286).thumb.png.25666161ec2de251259e20bdf3cab3b3.png

Personal note:  I'm aware that she consults God about her daily wardrobe choices.  Maybe someone needs to give the Almighty some help with His fashion sense.  

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 1

Thanks for the recap, @Xan.  I scrolled through without the sound on, because it's too early for me to cope with the sound of Gwen's voice.  These congregants sure point to the sky a lot, don't they?  I've been to church services where people do that, and I've always felt uncomfortable.  Maybe because I was taught it's impolite to point.  Dunno. 

I noticed an old clip with Elizabeth and family.  I wonder how she is doing, because we haven't seen anything recent, have we? 

• Upvote 6

Thank you for the recap @Xan.  One of these days at least one grandchild is going to sneak off and go to a real party that isn't controlled by their grandmother and realize there is an entire world outside of the cult. A world where you can have fun without pointing to the sky every five seconds. 

42 minutes ago, Xan said:

nd Joe still isn't speaking as much as he did a few weeks ago.  Oh, Tarzan -- you shouldn't have been so obvious in your desire to jump into the spotlight.  Gwenny doesn't share the spotlight.

Yep. Tarzan messed up, not only did he make it obvious he was trying to take some of the spotlight, he doesn't know the cult speak well enough so he ends up saying things that contradicts Gwen. Gwen is going to keep him on a tight leash until he learns that his place is to gaze at her in adoration. 

45 minutes ago, Xan said:

Maybe someone needs to give the Almighty some help with His fashion sense.  

The Almighty needs to watch some old episodes of What Not to Wear and let Stacy and Clinton help pick out Gwen's clothing. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

I hate the pointing to the sky thing! And the constant standing ovations for every little thing that gets said. I agree, it feels very uncomfortable when everyone else is doing it. It’s just their stupid way of virtue-signaling amongst themselves. And of doing whatever they want but still claiming that what they’re doing is about God. Being surrounded by that never made me feel like I was surrounded by people who were earnest or holy...kind of the opposite, really. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

On 8/13/2020 at 12:21 PM, quiversR4hunting said:

I think her and her ex husband figured it out when they did the business taxes one year. They thought, how do we lower our business tax burden? Oh, churches are tax-exempt...?

Definitely! I saw an interview with Gwen on local Nashville TV back in the day before Remnant Fellowship, and Gwen kept mentioning how high her taxes were. 

• Upvote 9

In the Joe and Gwen video, at the graduation party she says "this is a hand selected, groomed by God, group of people".  No Gwen, those kids are victims, hand selected by their parents to be cult members. And since I'm obviously not one of the chosen few, I better start working on my heat tolerance. It appears my ever after will be hot  

Not a mask to be seen and the doctor is in several of those events. He's a moron apparently. And Joe should stop waving his hand in the air like he's holy. He's not practicing it enough in front of the mirror so that it'll look right. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic