IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 13: Shut UP You Paper-Thin Chip Licker!

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

On today's menu: Random Word Salad. Lots of volume, little content.

Probably the only high volume salad Gwen and her followers are allowed to have.

• Upvote 8

Check out the new post on the Remnant Fellowship Weddings Facebook page. 

Oh joy, another Shamblin. Big time gag reflex. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I really want to see the Matrix parody! Along with that musical Micheal wrote and starred in. 

The video is something to behold.  

It's a remake of this Matrix scene:

Spoiler

Gwen used the entire movie part of her theology.  As in red pill vs blue pill and everyone outside of Remnant has taken the blue pill (blissful ignorance while being imprisoned).  Remnant members have taken the Kool-Aid red pill and are enlightened.

Here are a couple screenshots:

image.png.102163a1858d06b519cc8e4b1faa161f.png

image.png.599c5d18f892c762fd469ee6eab93078.png

A couple more:

Spoiler

image.png

image.png

You can't make up how crazy (and dangerous) Gwen and her cult are.

Edited by WorseThan1Thinks
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

What age does the starving start?

I took a WD class once and it had this scene on a patio where a lady said she was so proud of her daughter who was about 4-5 I think because she put her fist over her plate to know about how much to eat. It was horrible and I quit the class that day because I couldn't believe that line of thinking would be praised.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1

Hey, Shamblin baby, welcome to this world.  Expect unrealistic expectations. Your grandma has no clue what children are like.

He wakes up happy, holding no grudges, and he does not “expect” anything but accepts the food and the agenda offered for the day. He is happy – no, THRILLED – with little surprises, and he is fascinated with Creation. With no pride, he gives thanks to God at night. He loves his parents and does not correct his authority as if he always had a better idea. He falls to sleep and dreams of playing, filled with happy thoughts and no expectation or demands on what the morrow will bring.

I guess those children who wake up crying and fall asleep crying and have tantrums because you don't let them eat dog poop are an anomaly.

I'm sorry but this is one of the dumbest things I've ever read, and I've read plenty of dumb things.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

The video is something to behold.  

It's a remake of this Matrix scene:

Hide contents

Gwen used the entire movie part of her theology.  As in red pill vs blue pill and everyone outside of Remnant has taken the blue pill (blissful ignorance while being imprisoned).  Remnant members have taken the Kool-Aid red pill and are enlightened.

Here are a couple screenshots:

image.png.102163a1858d06b519cc8e4b1faa161f.png

image.png.599c5d18f892c762fd469ee6eab93078.png

A couple more:

Hide contents

image.png

image.png

You can't make up how crazy (and dangerous) Gwen and her cult are.

That is amazing! The coat being filled with Bibles and Gwen's books shows she really does think her writing is on par with the Bible. She wrote the new Holy Books!

23 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

What age does the starving start?

I can't remember the age, but Gwen has a story about a pretty young Elizabeth wanting food and Gwen denying her food because Gwen had decided she had eaten enough. I think she was preschool age. Gwen seems to have always had an obsession with children not eating. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

On 8/29/2020 at 11:54 PM, RFIntrigued said:

You will love Mean Girls. It’s a classic quotable movie. “Serving the Saints” 24/7 sounds exhausting, and wonder when they expect people to rest and refuel. But I am slightly jealous that you had so much great Netflix to catch up on. I am always looking for new shows. 

They don’t expect people to rest and refuel. They want people exhausted and stressed out because they’re more easily manipulated. Same with people who are constantly nutrient deprived. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

On 8/31/2020 at 9:07 AM, throwaway9988 said:

Ha yes I remember it. Basically it’s the scene near the end of the first Matrix movie when Neo and Trinity walk into that building where Morpheus is being tortured on the top floor and they do a bunch of karate and flips as they shoot the whole place up with submachine guns. Except the editing replaces Neo and Trinity with Gwen, Michael, and Elizabeth wielding Bibles and doing bad cartwheels. It was funny to me when I was 14 but in retrospect now I’m just annoyed that Remnant had to go and ruin another good movie for me. Remember, if you were reading this post with your “spiritual eyes,” you’d see that it was written by the demon/machine that is controlling my soul/body and wants to trick you into worshipping satan/being complacent while it uses your body heat to recharge its batteries. 

Might this fall under information control ?  

Misquoting statements or using them out of context from non-cult sources

https://freedomofmind.com/bite-model/  It seems I keep on finding ways in which Remnant Fellowship fits the BITE model .  And if any of Gwen's followers who might be lurking here don't like my referencing this , they can bite me , pun intended .  I am simply trying to help those escaping , and recovering from abusive high control groups , such as this . I will not move along , and neither will any of the other concerned posters here . 

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 1

On 8/31/2020 at 12:59 PM, NarcissismKills said:

Check out the new post on the Remnant Fellowship Weddings Facebook page. 

Oh joy, another Shamblin. Big time gag reflex. 

Of course it’s all pics from their wedding. Nothing recent. Thin obsessed Gwen can’t show that Michael has gained some weight. I can’t believe they are still calling her Elle instead of Erin. So cultish to change a person’s name. Just like they changed the pronunciation of the Anger Family’s last name. Now both of Gwen’s children have three daughters and then a son. I’m guessing that’s all the grandchildren Gwen will have. 

Since he’s a boy, he won’t have to have a terrible G name. Like his sisters. Or maybe Erin will force a G name on him because she’s just that indoctrinated. Grant Michael Shamblin? Graham Michael Shamblin? I’ll be curious to know.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I’m curious what the new grandson’s name is as well. Grant seems just a little  too “normal” of a name.... I did a search for biblical boys names that start with G..... there are tons including Goliath. I think that sounds like a RF baby boy name! 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, FreefromRF said:

I’m curious what the new grandson’s name is as well. Grant seems just a little  too “normal” of a name.... I did a search for biblical boys names that start with G..... there are tons including Goliath. I think that sounds like a RF baby boy name! 

It’s hard to say with these people. He was born in July if you go by Erin’s FB page. But it never mentioned his name. His sisters are Garland, Gates, and Gabrielle. I wonder if it will be really weird like Gates. Something like Gable. 

• Upvote 4

Michelle's son is a "G" name - Grantham,  Shades of Downton Abbey. I suspect the newest grandson will also have a "G" name.

Not that there is anything odd or unusual in the real world about being older parents, but this is RF world.  Michael and Erin have been married 18 years. They're both pushing 40. There's a fairly large gap between the last child and the new son. 

None of that seems like the RF way what with the emphasis on marrying young, having children young, and then being young grandparents.

I'm honestly surprised M & E had another child.  FJ-ers who are around RF - was there any talk Elle was pregnant?

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just like they changed the pronunciation of the Anger Family’s last name. 

Wait, how did I miss this? How is it pronounced? How was it pronounced? Did it go from "Ang-ger" to "Awn-jer"? Vice versa? To "DevoteddisciplesofGwod?"

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Michelle's son is a "G" name - Grantham,  Shades of Downton Abbey. I suspect the newest grandson will also have a "G" name.

Not that there is anything odd or unusual in the real world about being older parents, but this is RF world.  Michael and Erin have been married 18 years. They're both pushing 40. There's a fairly large gap between the last child and the new son. 

None of that seems like the RF way what with the emphasis on marrying young, having children young, and then being young grandparents.

I'm honestly surprised M & E had another child.  FJ-ers who are around RF - was there any talk Elle was pregnant?

I believe his name is Charles Grantham. They pronounce his full two names when talking about him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Wait, how did I miss this? How is it pronounced? How was it pronounced? Did it go from "Ang-ger" to "Awn-jer"? Vice versa? To "DevoteddisciplesofGwod?"

They switched to a pseudo-French “Awn-JAY” (with a french soft j like a zh-type of sound, sorry for the bad explanation, but hopefully you know what I mean) because Anger sounded like being angry. Keep that fake smile plastered across your face! A new name to match your new, easier-to-control-and-brainwash personality.

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

Today we learn that Jesus was successful even though he lived three years. If you follow him and focus on God's will, you too can get nailed on the cross. 

Screenshot_20200902-180911.thumb.jpg.f0d10f7fba543abefc72580e02bbaa2a.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

40 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today we learn that Jesus was successful even though he lived three years. If you follow him and focus on God's will, you too can get nailed on the cross. 

Gwen is constantly grifting her cult with this teaching that all you need to do to be happy and successful is to join her cult and spend all your time and energy doing things that will contribute to God’s (Gwen’s) success and happiness instead of your own.

In reality, nothing stood in the way of my academic and career success more than this cult consuming so much of my time with their twice-weekly services (each at least two hours long, plus you have to arrive an hour early or you end up watching the service remotely from “Solomon’s Collonade,” plus everyone socializes for at least another hour afterwards), endless parties and weddings, and being expected to randomly show up in various locations to work (“serve God’s kingdom”) in various capacities. It was like participating in 2-3 additional standard extracurricular activities, except that I didn’t want to participate in it or put it on my CV. All the science- and history-denying sermons weren’t helpful, either.

Any degree of success I have achieved is in spite of the Remnant cult and their stupid idea of God, not because of it. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, throwaway9988 said:

Gwen is constantly grifting her cult with this teaching that all you need to do to be happy and successful is to join her cult and spend all your time and energy doing things that will contribute to God’s (Gwen’s) success and happiness instead of your own.

That's what today's devotional is about too. You must choose Remnant and drop everything else.

• Upvote 5

If we take what Gwen seems to push as the ideal, godly life and compare it with the life Jesus lived, it seems Gwen would have viewed him as one big failure.  No big church building. No wealth. When people were hungry he made sure they had plenty of food. He became friends with people who didn't share his religious beliefs or lived lives his community looked down on. No indication he made the disciples color coordinate their robes. 

But, above all, Jesus told the rich folks to sell their possessions and give the money to the poor. No way Gwen would do that. If she would, she would have already done it. She could probably give away over half her wealth, sell her huge house, sell her massive, strange clothing collection and still live a comfortable life the rest of her days. Maybe she would have to totter around in the same few dresses and have the hair God gave her, but she still have a nice life. Gwen will fantasize about the Bible having a Frito recipe and say that is gospel, but will claim the literal words of Jesus are totally not what he meant. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 3

Jesus was really thin, though! And he went to the desert without food for forty days and forty nights, while the Growl Devil tempted him!

Gwen has completely de-Shamblined now, hasn’t she? 

• Upvote 9

The newest edition to the family is named Christian Matthew Shamblin.  From what I understand it was never really celebrated as you would think for what I feel our three reasons:  1.  It actually shows that Gwen is older and not the young thing she tries to portray. With previous grandchildren she had her long time marriage that she touted as being so wonderful so she was ok with grandchildren.  2.  Micheal is hardly in the picture anymore as he has gotten so big.  If shows up to perform he is quickly placed behind the piano and then when done surrounded by people so no one gets more than a glimpse of his size.  3. Finally, and this relates well to number one, Gwen is divorced and David is still a very active part of their kid's lives.

Elizabeth's son's name is Charles Grantham Hannah.  Charles Grantham was Gwen's father's name   Rumor has always been that Gwen chose each child's name and it is a get story but no proof of that.

Oddly to me is until Remnant was that Elizabeth was always Michelle.  If you can even find some of the very old books and videos you will hear her called that.  Guess they needed a more religious name for her.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

Speaking of Michael -- just leaving this here -- start at about 19:10   https://www.remnantfellowship.tv/remnant-fellowship-resolve-to-change-you-can-overcome-tv-season-4-episode-1/

Watch his face and listen to his voice. This is a man who would rather be anywhere else.  A man who would rather have root canal without anesthesia. Who is appearing because Mommy Dearest forced him. A man who is going through the motions. Saying what he's expected say without any conviction or emotion. Performing by rote. He's got that haunted look so often seen in his music videos.

To my ears Gwod gets in a couple of digs about his weight. What a sweetheart mom she is.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Smalltowngirltn said:

The newest edition to the family is named Christian Matthew Shamblin.  

Bummer. I was hoping for a passive-aggressive "G" name in letter if not in pronunciation: Geoffrey, George. Sort of the opposite of this:

image.png.9cc969b9a4a2fe99a81166d2069091bc.png

Sorry--having trouble with the "spoiler" part. Please help! I am not a jenius.

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

In reality, nothing stood in the way of my academic and career success more than this cult consuming so much of my time with their twice-weekly services (each at least two hours long, plus you have to arrive an hour early or you end up watching the service remotely from “Solomon’s Collonade,” plus everyone socializes for at least another hour afterwards), endless parties and weddings, and being expected to randomly show up in various locations to work (“serve God’s kingdom”) in various capacities. It was like participating in 2-3 additional standard extracurricular activities, 

Yes, yes, yes Throwaway9988...almost every day of the week there was something... in addition to those activities/gatherings you mentioned, there was the expectation that you should be in a WD class almost all the time, the Friday night family dinner gatherings in the fellowship hall, the typically last minute "fireside chats with Gwen" for the Women and the "men's meetings" also led by Gwen, the Youth Gatherings where a fair number of the kids looked they were being held hostage! Yes, some things were more optional over the years...kids soccer, Remnant Scouts (No, they did not endorse Boy or Girl Scouts), men's softball, Remnant Chamber orchestra, choir....

One thing that drove be crazy was how no matter what you had planned, you had to be ready and willing to cancel it at the last minute if Gwen had a whim that RF should have some type of gathering. There were MANY times that we or someone in our circle of "friends" would have planned a Cook out, a Child's birthday party or an outing of some kind, and at the last minute the event was cancelled so everyone could go to whatever last minute gathering Gwen was "spirit led" to announce. Imagine being a child with reservations for a party at the bowling alley or a slumber party, but then the lady with the crazy hair decided to have everyone come for a picnic at the church...so you did not get to have your party...but you had better suck it up and "be under authority."  It was so bad that there were times we would invite someone over and they would give the disclaimer that they would come unless Gwen planned something else. You would not dare to skip going to whatever gathering that Gwen announce if you were in town, because you would likely hear about it from someone.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic