IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 5: It Is Really not Okay to Date Your Brother

nelliebelle1197

My wish is always that fundies “see the light” and change their ways all while no one gets hurt. I honestly hate to see these folks getting vaccine preventable diseases. Especially since they tend to spread it around. I would much rather they all change their mind because they educated themselves with peer reviewed studies on the efficacy and safety of vaccines instead of changing their minds because a child died of the measles. That’s basicallly how I feel about all destructive fundie beliefs. But unfortunately there’s usually some truly horrible event (like abuse or death) that caused the change in beliefs. And quite frankly it sucks.

• Upvote 8

Having date night in your daughters' bedroom is just plain gross Creepy Marlin and Bitchy Becky

IMG_3610.JPG

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 5

14 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Having date night in your daughters' bedroom is just plain gross Creepy Marlin and Bitchy Becky

IMG_3610.JPG

We should just call them the Boundaryless Bontragers. 

At the end of the post, Liz said they went to church and brought back 5 of the pastor’s kids to their house. Let’s hope the virus doesn’t hit that church. Sheesh.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My wish is always that fundies “see the light” and change their ways all while no one gets hurt. I honestly hate to see these folks getting vaccine preventable diseases. Especially since they tend to spread it around. I would much rather they all change their mind because they educated themselves with peer reviewed studies on the efficacy and safety of vaccines instead of changing their minds because a child died of the measles. That’s basicallly how I feel about all destructive fundie beliefs. But unfortunately there’s usually some truly horrible event (like abuse or death) that caused the change in beliefs. And quite frankly it sucks.

I see what you are saying about vaccines as they do prevent diseases. However, I remember a classmate of mine in elementary school coming down with the chicken pox twice after being vaccinated. I remember the incident clearly because his mom and dad had to bring in a doctors note stating he was vaccinated so he could return. Plus he told us about when he returned to school. So, maybe the Bontragers did vaccinate their children, but they, like my classmate, are more susceptible to the disease. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

We should just call them the Boundaryless Bontragers. 

At the end of the post, Liz said they went to church and brought back 5 of the pastor’s kids to their house. Let’s hope the virus doesn’t hit that church. Sheesh.

Yes, I have questions...

1.why didn’t they have their romantic dinner in their own bedroom?

2. if they couldn’t, then why not in the kitchen, living room, or even in the bus? Creepy!

how bizarre 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

FFS.  God that was the most annoying blog post of theirs!  People used to do pox parties when there was no other option and weighing the kids getting older vs younger, it was the lesser of two evils.  I remember having chicken pox and I still have scars. Yeah, I made it. Yeah, it wasn’t a big deal. But why the fuck would you choose to do that for your kids?

I guess it’s possible it wasn’t as common for the older kids?  I remember when I was 14/15 and babysitting, the vaccine seemed to be a newish thing.  Just looked it up and it came out in 1995.  Is it possible they didn’t want to get a “new” vaccine?  I know there’s a timeframe where people may be more nervous... I was offered gardisil when it first came out and I was JUST at the upper age range. I declined at the time bc I just wasn’t sure.  So.  Maybe?  But I’m guessing by the cavalier way in which this was written that wasn’t the case.  They had chicken pox and fucking traveled everywhere.  Dumb fuckers. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I see what you are saying about vaccines as they do prevent diseases. However, I remember a classmate of mine in elementary school coming down with the chicken pox twice after being vaccinated. I remember the incident clearly because his mom and dad had to bring in a doctors note stating he was vaccinated so he could return. Plus he told us about when he returned to school. So, maybe the Bontragers did vaccinate their children, but they, like my classmate, are more susceptible to the disease. 

No they didn’t vaccinate. They tried to purposely expose their kids to chicken pox in the past. Liz said it in the post. They wouldn’t do that if they vaccinated. 

35 minutes ago, OhNoNike said:

FFS.  God that was the most annoying blog post of theirs!  People used to do pox parties when there was no other option and weighing the kids getting older vs younger, it was the lesser of two evils.  I remember having chicken pox and I still have scars. Yeah, I made it. Yeah, it wasn’t a big deal. But why the fuck would you choose to do that for your kids?

I guess it’s possible it wasn’t as common for the older kids?  I remember when I was 14/15 and babysitting, the vaccine seemed to be a newish thing.  Just looked it up and it came out in 1995.  Is it possible they didn’t want to get a “new” vaccine?  I know there’s a timeframe where people may be more nervous... I was offered gardisil when it first came out and I was JUST at the upper age range. I declined at the time bc I just wasn’t sure.  So.  Maybe?  But I’m guessing by the cavalier way in which this was written that wasn’t the case.  They had chicken pox and fucking traveled everywhere.  Dumb fuckers. 

I’m pretty sure the Bons don’t vaccinate. It’s pretty common for Amish not to vaccinate. Therefore both the religion the left and the religion they jumped into have large amounts of anti-vaxxers. 

Liz is 16 and she was the one writing this. She may have included some info Allison would have edited out to avoid criticism. 

AD721D7D-0A33-4664-822A-15A0D6A460BE.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

The chicken pox vaccine came in I think 95 or 96. My tutor’s son was one of the first to get the shot.   He was 17 and for whatever reason he never got the chicken pox as a kid and was going to college. It was his doctor’s idea because getting it older could have been bad.  

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

No they didn’t vaccinate. They tried to purposely expose their kids to chicken pox in the past. Liz said it in the post. They wouldn’t do that if they vaccinated. 

I’m pretty sure the Bons don’t vaccinate. It’s pretty common for Amish not to vaccinate. Therefore both the religion the left and the religion they jumped into have large amounts of anti-vaxxers. 

Liz is 16 and she was the one writing this. She may have included some info Allison would have edited out to avoid criticism. 

AD721D7D-0A33-4664-822A-15A0D6A460BE.jpeg

I see now. I just wondered since Liz rarely does posts and misquoted herself and the fact that Chelsy is vaccinating her son Axton. So, I just wondered if the Bons vaccinated their children, just not the chicken pox vaccine. I have heard of some parents avoiding the chicken pox vaccine based on the "you only get it once and you are immune" thought.

• Upvote 6

The chicken pox vaccine is not part of the routine schedule in the U.K. I don’t know why. The NHS website has a section about it, but I don’t really get their reasoning. You can get it done privately though. I’d probably get it done for my kids when I have them. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Her two younger brothers are starting families of their own. But, the biggest upset is, quite a bit, of her job was given to her older brother Mitch and his new wife Bryn.

I never saw it that way, but it explains a lot about Allison and the tone of her posts within the last two years. 

22 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

The chicken pox vaccine is not part of the routine schedule in the U.K. I don’t know why. The NHS website has a section about it, but I don’t really get their reasoning. You can get it done privately though. I’d probably get it done for my kids when I have them. 

Same in Germany. My two younger siblings and I all had chicken pox. We had it a year apart although we all lived under the same roof.

• Upvote 5

In France, the varicella vaccine is not recommended either because if insufficient vaccine coverage risks shifting the occurrence of chickenpox to adulthood and then causing severe forms of the disease. Parents are therefore free to do so if they wish.

• Upvote 2

In France, the varicella vaccine is not recommended either because if insufficient vaccine coverage risks shifting the occurrence of chickenpox to adulthood and then causing severe forms of the disease. Parents are therefore free to do so if they wish.

It’s the same in Switzerland for the same reason.
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Anwyn said:

Imho that is the perfect way to have insufficient coverage. In my region in Italy vaccinations became voluntary based in 2008, other regions followed. By 2017 the situation was so bad with measles epidemics that a national law made vaccines mandatory again for all the children attending schools, both public and private, and fined the parents that refused to vax their kids.

• Upvote 5

There is a difference between measles and chickenpox, chickenpox is mild for children by cons can be formidable for adults. Measles is a disease which can have serious repercussions in children as well as in adults being fatal.

Hence the importance of having vaccination coverage for measles in order to protect fragile people.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

fact that Chelsy is vaccinating her son Axton

I must have missed this. Where did she say she was vaccinating?

• Upvote 5

I’m glad chicken pox vaccines are the norm in the US. The rate of chicken pox has gone way down since it’s introduction. I remember getting chicken pox in the summer when I was a kid and it was a real bummer. Sure I wasn’t deathly ill but it sucked that I had to stay inside for a week during my summer vacation and get scolded every time I scratched my itchy pox. I hope that my kids won't have to worry about shingles as adults. 

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, Jana814 said:

The chicken pox vaccine came in I think 95 or 96. My tutor’s son was one of the first to get the shot.   He was 17 and for whatever reason he never got the chicken pox as a kid and was going to college. It was his doctor’s idea because getting it older could have been bad.  

That is when it arrived in Canada.  Our middle son was very medically fragile.  He couldn't get the vaccine initially, but his three year old older brother could.  He was one of the first to get it in our area.  We did NOT want chicken pox in our home (along with any other childhood illness, the common cold, etc).

Edited by daisyjane1234
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

The Bowers doc Grinding America down, is free until 10th May. The link is on Joshs blog.

Im 5 minutes in and Im speechless, I don't think Im going to be able to watch all of it as I will implode. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

The Bowers doc Grinding America down, is free until 10th May. The link is on Joshs blog.

Im 5 minutes in and Im speechless, I don't think Im going to be able to watch all of it as I will implode. 

Please watch it and report back! I’ll be your best FJ friend forever!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

I noticed the picture of Liz at the motel with one of her brothers. Can you imagine seeing a teenager with a wicked case of active chicken pox sitting in the lobby of the motel you're staying at? Do they not care about any of the guests? The mind reels.

• Upvote 11

@JermajestyDuggar I lasted 4 minutes and 49 seconds....I had to close it before I punched my screen. I can't even describe the sheer idiocy.... 

Luckily I've convinced my daughter to watch it!! So I'll report her thoughts...when she stops ranting ?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

@JermajestyDuggar I lasted 4 minutes and 49 seconds....I had to close it before I punched my screen. I can't even describe the sheer idiocy.... 

Luckily I've convinced my daughter to watch it!! So I'll report her thoughts...when she stops ranting ?

Kids these days are much braver than us! 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3

@JermajestyDuggar my daughter would take on the world in an argument and win! She gets her ranting from me, and I'm very proud of her ? .

Ok I tried again on the docu, I made it to 9m 23 sec. 

I'll nutshell those nearly 10 minutes what they reckon the American Government plan is to destroy the American people (that would make sense, because you don't need people to have a country or anything...*sigh)

Communism, that little gem, always popular.

Feminism, makes women dissatisfied with  marriage and kids.

Gays, removes moral values etc

Promote living together over marriage, something again about moral values.

Kids, get kids into Gov programs from a young age.

Business, now he starts going on about the environmental movement here as the best way to generate enough red tape to discourage business growth.

I love a good conspiracy, I love having a good rant about such things, but this is such a sack of hot shit that I JUST CAN'T EVEN 

?  Now I need cake lol

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

42 minutes ago, IsmeWeatherwax said:

@JermajestyDuggar my daughter would take on the world in an argument and win! She gets her ranting from me, and I'm very proud of her ? .

Ok I tried again on the docu, I made it to 9m 23 sec. 

I'll nutshell those nearly 10 minutes what they reckon the American Government plan is to destroy the American people (that would make sense, because you don't need people to have a country or anything...*sigh)

Communism, that little gem, always popular.

Feminism, makes women dissatisfied with  marriage and kids.

Gays, removes moral values etc

Promote living together over marriage, something again about moral values.

Kids, get kids into Gov programs from a young age.

Business, now he starts going on about the environmental movement here as the best way to generate enough red tape to discourage business growth.

I love a good conspiracy, I love having a good rant about such things, but this is such a sack of hot shit that I JUST CAN'T EVEN 

?  Now I need cake lol

Thank you! It seems he is just regurgitating a ton of the same stuff conspiracy minded conservatives have been ranting about for years. He can’t even come up with anything new! I wonder if he believes in the “plandemic.”

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic