IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 5: It Is Really not Okay to Date Your Brother

nelliebelle1197

@IsmeWeatherwax,  here's some apple pie I baked the other day  ?.  Maybe it'll do till you can have some cake.  Thanks for taking listening to that bullshit on. I'd have thrown my laptop against the wall.  

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, Anwyn said:

There is a difference between measles and chickenpox, chickenpox is mild for children by cons can be formidable for adults. Measles is a disease which can have serious repercussions in children as well as in adults being fatal.

Hence the importance of having vaccination coverage for measles in order to protect fragile people.

I agree, measles is also a lot more contagious than chicken pox. But my point was different. When a vaccine isn't mandatory it's even harder to have enough coverage to prevent outbreaks.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, browngrl said:

I must have missed this. Where did she say she was vaccinating?

I was wondering this as well. I seem to remember that the Maxwell's vaccinate and that Chelsy did...but I can't remember how we know this..

• Upvote 1

I was looking through Chelsy’s blog comments and replies for maybe a hint about vaccines and I came across this weird reply. Recipe? Huh?

4A82799C-F2FA-4F96-89C0-52D6A4CAC057.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 3
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, browngrl said:

I must have missed this. Where did she say she was vaccinating?

It popped up on the threads following John and Chelsy Maxwell in Kansas. I believe someone mentioned that Chelsy stated they were on Chelsy's and/or The Maxwells blog. 

15 hours ago, ophelia said:

I never saw it that way, but it explains a lot about Allison and the tone of her posts within the last two years. 

Same in Germany. My two younger siblings and I all had chicken pox. We had it a year apart although we all lived under the same roof.

The Bontrager family has mentioned a few times about Mitchell and Bryn taking over some of the jobs that Allison held since she is traveling with the family and needs to be a dutiful stay at home daughter until marriage. They really haven't outright said it, but if you look follow their blog closely and read about the Dutch Country Inn it comes off as Mitchell and Bryn living at the inn and taking care of PR and HR sounds like Allison has been pushed aside a bit. 

• Upvote 13

On 5/8/2020 at 1:31 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Thank you! It seems he is just regurgitating a ton of the same stuff conspiracy minded conservatives have been ranting about for years. He can’t even come up with anything new! I wonder if he believes in the “plandemic.”

Seems to be the standard fundie script. 

In the decade or so (don't judge) that's I've paid attention to fundies online, It's been at least 9 years since I've heard anything new. Sure, they go off on the news of the day or the new anti-christ, but it's just an updated target, their "argument" has remained the same.

Pretty sure it's always been the same and always will be. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 5/8/2020 at 3:37 PM, ElizaB said:

I was wondering this as well. I seem to remember that the Maxwell's vaccinate and that Chelsy did...but I can't remember how we know this..

The topic has been covered on threads covering John and Chelsy Maxwell. I questioned it over there as well. Someone revealed that Chelsy mentioned or alluded to the fact that she and John were vaccinating Axton. Steve and Teri Maxwell have degrees in science and have admitted to vaccinating their children (one of the only good things they have done for them). 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

On 5/7/2020 at 10:40 PM, ophelia said:

Same in Germany. My two younger siblings and I all had chicken pox. We had it a year apart although we all lived under the same roof.

That's actually not true. The chickenpox vaccine has been on the standard vaccination schedule in Germany since 2005 or so. So yes, anyone on this site is probably too old have gotten the vaccine and therefore more than likely had chickenpox at some point. But today's kids are by and large getting the vaccine, and it has led to a 90% decrease in chickenpox cases. Here is the official page of the RKI, Germany's center for disease control (in German): https://www.rki.de/SharedDocs/FAQ/Impfen/Varizellen/FAQ-Liste_Varizellen_Impfen.html

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, JillyO said:

That's actually not true. The chickenpox vaccine has been on the standard vaccination schedule in Germany since 2005 or so. So yes, anyone on this site is probably too old have gotten the vaccine and therefore more than likely had chickenpox at some point. But today's kids are by and large getting the vaccine, and it has led to a 90% decrease in chickenpox cases. Here is the official page of the RKI, Germany's center for disease control (in German): https://www.rki.de/SharedDocs/FAQ/Impfen/Varizellen/FAQ-Liste_Varizellen_Impfen.html

Thank you for this information. My siblings and I were born in the 80s and 90s so we were too old to get it, but it is good to know that this vaccine exists. 
Sorry - I didn't mean to provide fake news ?

• Upvote 2

Liz writes: "First Sunday back to church! After church, we brought home our pastor's five oldest children for a memorable afternoon!"

I'm sure it's a damn memorable afternoon if they catch covid-19. I know it shouldn't be so surprising, but these people always manage to demonstrate their utter lack of common sense in variety of new ways.

• Upvote 11

Josh's post about VE-Day really irked me.  He has a pic of Winston Churchill, name drops Hitler and Jodl, but no mention of the two leaders who helped end World War II, Roosevelt and Truman.  Guess they don't get a mention cuz they are Democrats.  What a fucking piece of shit he is.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

On 5/8/2020 at 5:22 AM, therulesofjinx said:

Oh, man, that's a bummer of a birthday :( I also had them when I was 11! And I also still have scars- one is  centered perfectly between my eyes.

I was found to have chicken pox right before Christmas lunch, many many years ago.

My between-the-eyes scar is off centre though :P

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Josh's post about VE-Day really irked me.  He has a pic of Winston Churchill, name drops Hitler and Jodl, but no mention of the two leaders who helped end World War II, Roosevelt and Truman.  Guess they don't get a mention cuz they are Democrats.  What a fucking piece of shit he is.

That blog post was a multitude of idiocies. Oh yes, Josh, anyone who lived through the Great Depression would describe the stock market crash of 1929 as "anticlimactic." 

He spends 7-8 paragraphs detailing Hitler's "dazzling rise and fall" and "golden moment," and then later on, quotes Ben Franklin asking how an empire can rise without God's help. Josh, what are we supposed to think of you when the person you describe most admiringly and extensively in your V-E Day post is Hitler, you omit any mention of the Holocaust, and one of your takeaways from WWII is to recognize divine providence at work?

He "writes" in stiff quotations, canned anecdotes, and vague summaries. Anything left over is his actual message, with filler around it to disguise it as a new idea. He doesn't want to write about WWII; he wants to lecture everyone on the evils of divorce, the horrors of the sexual revolution, and where you're fucking going when you fucking die. That's why almost none of the words actually about WWII in his post were his own.

There are few events in history with an indisputable right and wrong. This is one of them, and the history stands and speaks for itself. Stick to your regularly scheduled bigotry, Josh, instead of cloaking it in the words and actions of better and braver men. 

• Upvote 15
  • WTF 3
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Aithuia said:

He spends 7-8 paragraphs detailing Hitler's "dazzling rise and fall" and "golden moment," and then later on, quotes Ben Franklin asking how an empire can rise without God's help. Josh, what are we supposed to think of you when the person you describe most admiringly and extensively in your V-E Day post is Hitler, you omit any mention of the Holocaust, and one of your takeaways from WWII is to recognize divine providence at work?

There are few events in history with an indisputable right and wrong. This is one of them, and the history stands and speaks for itself. Stick to your regularly scheduled bigotry, Josh, instead of cloaking it in the words and actions of better and braver men. 

Dazzing is literally the last word I would use about Hitler.  Divine Providence sounds too much like Gott MIt Uns.  And that is creepy on so many levels.   Josh sit down someplace, shut the hell up and read Bonhoffer.  Read him again you muppet.  And maybe visit the Holocaust Museum.  Moron.  

image.png.cf371e48922b6aa4f656506276da9f90.png

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Yeah and at the very end he name drops JFK with a quote. JFK like FDR and Truman was a Democrat. Talk about hypocrisy in one post. Plus, JFK was an evil Catholic who, like FDR, had cheated on his wife. Seriously, what a hypocrite.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Soulhuntress said:

Dazzing is literally the last word I would use about Hitler.  Divine Providence sounds too much like Gott MIt Uns.  And that is creepy on so many levels.   Josh sit down someplace, shut the hell up and read Bonhoffer.  Read him again you muppet.  And maybe visit the Holocaust Museum.  Moron.  

image.png.cf371e48922b6aa4f656506276da9f90.png

It really bothered me how much Josh focused on Hitler in his post. Most of the facts he wrote were true about the origins of World War II. Like you I can't get over the fact that he neglect to mention the Holocaust. Knowing Joshua he is going to to a post about Christians, like Corrie Ten Boom, who risked their live to save Jewish people and turn it into a post about the Christian walk with little to no mention of the horror Holocaust.

Remember, the Bontragers participated in a play through their church about a Jewish family escaping Germany only to convert to Christianity after encountering a village filled with good Christians. The show has since changed, but they did the same one two years in a row. I remember the Bontragers received quite a bit of criticism for it. I have a feeling their church, the Marion Avenue Baptist Church, received quite a bit more after the second time they did the show. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

Poor Josh.  He really really really wants to be the intellectual member of the Bontrager family, but unfortunately he falls short; he doesn't see his writings are on par with a high school junior. Maybe.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, petrushka said:

Poor Josh.  He really really really wants to be the intellectual member of the Bontrager family, but unfortunately he falls short; he doesn't see his writings are on par with a high school junior. Maybe.  

He plagiarizes a very large portion of his "writings". His word vomit about Churchill - many chunks were easily found online. He'd change a word here or there so there were no exact matches, but no way he wrote it all by himself like a big boy. Everything he "writes" is canned and on the face of it, you can tell it's not actual thought creating a narrative. It's copying & pasting with enough editing to get away with.

• Upvote 11
  • Disgust 4

1 hour ago, petrushka said:

I wouldn't even put his writing on a junior level. It reads much like what the boys in my 8th grade private (Catholic!!) school wrote after doing research in our limited school library.

And, like others, I really can't get over that he neglected to mention anything about the Holocaust. Like really, buddy?? But sure, let's talk about Hitler's "golden moment." Ugh.

• Upvote 6

I would love to know if Becky had an education past the 8th grade level. Many Amish do not go past 8th grade. If so, how could she effectively homeschool 10 kids?

• Upvote 5

6 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would love to know if Becky had an education past the 8th grade level. Many Amish do not go past 8th grade. If so, how could she effectively homeschool 10 kids?

Becky was not Amish, she was Mennonite. The church she grew up in has their own school which goes through the 12th grade, though there are some who drop out when they are 16.  I know her sister and several of her nieces and nephews; they have more than an 8th grade education(she has several college educated nieces and nephews), including her sister, so I assume Becky has a 12th grade education.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 9

35 minutes ago, sableduck said:

Becky was not Amish, she was Mennonite. The church she grew up in has their own school which goes through the 12th grade, though there are some who drop out when they are 16.  I know her sister and several of her nieces and nephews; they have more than an 8th grade education(she has several college educated nieces and nephews), including her sister, so I assume Becky has a 12th grade education.

Thanks for the info. Do you know if Marlin is Amish or Mennonite? I read that the Amish community in Kalona (where they live in Iowa) is a more liberal Amish group and I wondered if that was Marlin’s group.

• Upvote 3

Is the Reverend Joshie Boy the Bontrager son who allegedly has an online college degree through Governor's State or some such? Or is that Carson?

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

He plagiarizes a very large portion of his "writings". His word vomit about Churchill - many chunks were easily found online. He'd change a word here or there so there were no exact matches, but no way he wrote it all by himself like a big boy. Everything he "writes" is canned and on the face of it, you can tell it's not actual thought creating a narrative. It's copying & pasting with enough editing to get away with.

I wonder if Josh even knows that what he did is plagiarism. Even though he changes words here and there he can still get into trouble with the original writers, especially since he is trying to get a career in politics. Knowing Josh he is going to start giving speeches using the same method since he is pursuing a career that requires him to be in the spotlight. Yes, he did make changes. But, it is still possible that he could find himself the middle of a scandal and/or lawsuit by the original author even with all of the changes. 

• Upvote 11

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic