IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 5: It Is Really not Okay to Date Your Brother

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet you guys about die when people in the US refer to a fanny as a butt! 

So I'm an American, but I'm a young enough that until recently I had never heard that term in American slang, and I'm dating a guy from the UK, so I definitely thought of fanny meaning vagina and not butt. We had a guest speaker in one of our classes in the fall and he told us to "work our fannies off". I was definitely confused and a bit weirded out that a guest speaker in one of my classes was telling us to work our vaginas off. It made a lot more sense when I realized that it actually meant butt in American slang.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 11

4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I am honestly so tired of the fundie teenage girl's know it all "argument" for not wearing pants. They are parroting what they're told, and have zero experience. And I really hate any mention of "to protect men" or whatever phrasing they use. 

I just can't with this particular fundie obsession.

Of note, my web filter at work will not allow me to visit Abby's site. I could get to the other one, Alyssa, but Abby's is a no go with our filters. Wonder what she's got on her blog that makes our filter say "um, nope". 

I find the whole women shouldn't wear pants thing in order to protect men disturbing. Alyssa's hasn't blogged in a few years, Abbie keeps hers updated on a monthly basis. Basically, she is a fundier version of Chelsy and Allison who writes posts like the Maxwells and, if FJ is around in ten years, may surpass Jill Rodrigues as the most criticized fundie here. She has popped up on FreeJinger in a few other threads due to this post and others surrounding functions like the FEW Conferences hosted by the Neelys, Wilkes and Staddon families. So far,  I have not seen any connection between Abbie and the Bontragers. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Caskett4ever said:

So I'm an American, but I'm a young enough that until recently I had never heard that term in American slang, and I'm dating a guy from the UK, so I definitely thought of fanny meaning vagina and not butt. We had a guest speaker in one of our classes in the fall and he told us to "work our fannies off". I was definitely confused and a bit weirded out that a guest speaker in one of my classes was telling us to work our vaginas off. It made a lot more sense when I realized that it actually meant butt in American slang.

I would say quiverful fundie moms do sometimes “work their fannies off.”

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 2

I just don't understand the idea that skirts are more modest than pants. It is so much easier to accidentally show something you don't want to show in a skirt. Also, skirts offer (forgive my vulgarity) "easy access." 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

23 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

I just don't understand the idea that skirts are more modest than pants. It is so much easier to accidentally show something you don't want to show in a skirt. Also, skirts offer (forgive my vulgarity) "easy access." 

I agree. And Jesus wore long skirts, right? So I guess he’s feminine? 

• Upvote 3

25 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

Also, skirts offer (forgive my vulgarity) "easy access." 

I've always thought this insistence on skirts had nothing to do with modesty and  everything to do with men not having to be troubled by even a thin barrier of cotton between them and a woman who is supposed to be joyfully available to the man. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I know a lot of guys that are more attracted to a women who wears maxi dresses and skirts versus pants. Maxi dresses and skirts show the underwear lines and the body shape. 
the Bible says nothing about the how long clothes should be. Exodus 28:42 And thou shalt make them linen breeches to cover their nakedness; from the loins even unto the thighs they shall reach. basically underwear. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I know a lot of guys that are more attracted to a women who wears maxi dresses and skirts versus pants. Maxi dresses and skirts show the underwear lines and the body shape. 

I agree, look at Chelsy Bontrager's bridesmaid dresses. I wear tight pants every day but I would be very self-conscious wearing that dress. The fabric is so thin and stretchy I'm sure you could see my thigh cellulite through it. 

All these SAHD blog posts should be retitled "Why my parents don't want me to wear pants". Because half of them change their mind once they leave Daddy's house.

• Upvote 15

So let’s think this one out. 

The Bontragers have been attending church on Sundays since mother’s day where no one social distances. They brought the pastor’s kids home after one service. Some of them went to visit Chelsy, Axton and John. They also had a very manly and very stupid men’s conference with lots of different families. And then they traveled to Ohio to a wedding with lots of different families. 

So how long before the Bontragers get Covid?

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

A baptist church here in Germany held service as soon as it was possible again and now there are around 200 cases of corona. 9 people are in hospital. 

I work at a church and we are about to have the first service after two months this coming Sunday. There are a lot of restrictions; you have to register to attend, there is no singing, only 18 people are allowed, only 1 person per pew. 

Apparently the baptist church mentioned ignored all these restrictions and this is what they got. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Well, at least we won’t have to hear about her singleness again 

Reveal hidden contents

E15E7E93-BC32-4B39-91BB-3D1F91C183A2.thumb.jpeg.34d23400004ac82fc4c39124fb154ef0.jpeg

I'm glad she won't be writing about the wonderful singleness, but now she will become TheMarriageExpert. 

My BEC comment, because I dislike Bontragers so much: why is she dressed that way? She had no idea about the proposal? Not that clothes matter, but for someone who calls herself  classy and has been praying for a husband for years, I expect a better outfit.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1

57 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Hide contents

E15E7E93-BC32-4B39-91BB-3D1F91C183A2.thumb.jpeg.34d23400004ac82fc4c39124fb154ef0.jpeg

I'm not surprised. I've been thinking for a while, since her blog slowed down and she started interviewing her married siblings for marriage advice, that she's been seeing someone. We've seen a lot less singleness talk over the past few months. I hope she's delighted because she truly cares for him and not because her time of desperate loneliness is over. 

I also need to talk about Josh for a second, because he wrote a post about "how to keep your marriage sweet" or something and one of his points was to create traditions and every "tradition" he posted that they do is just... an activity. Watch movies! Read to your kid! Snuggle your baby! Go on a walk! Eat dinner! Josh, those are just... things you do. If he'd have said "every Friday we pop popcorn, set up a blanket bed on the floor, and watch a different movie" or "Once a month we all pitch in and make a dinner with completely new foods and everyone makes their own special dish and we have a theme", then okay, maybe those are traditions. But "family meals" is just part of being alive, buddy. It's like he took his blogging notes from the Maxwells- how to pretend like you're giving advice when really you give absolutely zero information and are the most boring person ever, except he adds a heft dose of smugness into it 

• Upvote 22
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

I’ve been saying it since last year that she had a boyfriend. Her posts were way less depressed about her singleness. Her posts about singleness were more upbeat and just all around more positive. I could tell she was seeing someone. She’s going to be like Chelsy and barely blog now that she’s planning a wedding. And she will take months and months to post about her wedding. Because her life didn’t actually begin until she met a man to marry. It’s how all SAHDs are. Their lives are boring until they meet a guy. They have lots of time to write on their blog. Chelsy posts every few months if she’s lucky. That’s how Allison will become as well. And the Bontrager blog will be taken over by Liz with Becky overseeing. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Reveal hidden contents

I knew it! You can always tell when the blogger is seeing someone because her monthly post count suddenly drops like a rock. 

Well, best wishes to the happy couple. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, ElizaB said:

Does anyone know anything about the guy she is engaged to? 

She has one Jeremiah among her Facebook friends but I can't tell if it's the same guy.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

She has one Jeremiah among her Facebook friends but I can't tell if it's the same guy.

I don’t think so. That Jeremiah has a different face shape. 

• Upvote 2

Congrats to @JermajestyDuggar and others who have been predicting that Allison has been getting ready to move to a new single of life and have all the !!!babiezzzz!!!!!

And I'm glad I'm not the only one who looked askance at Ms. Feminine Friday's  engagement outfit.

Girl, really? You've been lecturing us about dressing classy and feminine for years, and you went out with your beau in an old jean skirt and a plaid shirt that befitteth a man????  And don't give us that "oh, he totally surprised me with the proposal" excuse.  You've been pining for an engagement for years. How were you blindsided by this?

So, whatya think, the traditional Bontrager Labor Day wedding??

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I’m happy for Allison. 

I know this means she had to break up with her brother. I hope that went okay and I wonder if she did it with a text. 

oh come on, you know that had to have one last heart to heart coffee date.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

28 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

oh come on, you know that had to have one last heart to heart coffee date.

Upon further consideration, I’ve decided we are both wrong. She did it with a post-it note.  Because we all know Allison watches Sex in the City. 

“I’m sorry...I can’t...don’t hate me.”

4E5D9E8D-DC13-459A-9D7D-D8A21F9D50B3.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

Chelsy looked gorgeous in her red dress when John proposed. I’m wondering if he really did surprise her. Because Allison really seems the type to want to put on a cute dress for the biggest day of her life (so far).

• Upvote 11

For what it is worth I am happy for Allison, after all we won't have to continue to hear about her singleness stories. I believe Jeremiah surprised her and this photo was taken after the engagement. Allison has always come off as more down to earth than Chelsy. The way Chelsy describes her engagement she makes it sound like she got all dressed up to walk with John in the fields where he popped the question. Maybe I am thinking too much looking back on John and Chelsy's engagement, but I don't think Chelsy would get all dressed up to go walk in a field unless she knew she was getting a ring. I can see Allison being perfectly happy getting engaged without getting her hair and nails done and getting all dressed up. That is just how Allison comes off to me compared to Chelsy.

4 hours ago, ElizaB said:

Does anyone know anything about the guy she is engaged to? 

Just that his name is Jeremiah. The Bontragers, to my knowledge as of the moment this is posted, have written anything on their blog regarding the engagement. Neither have Chelsy and Josh, I am sure we will find out soon enough. The family may have held off on announcing to give Allison a chance to get some newly engaged congrats. I have a feeling sometime later this week either The Bontragers, Chelsy, and/or Joshua will do a post. I think Allison will do another one either later this week or in a couple weeks.

• Upvote 2

I wonder if Jeremiah has attended Josh Bontrager's so mighty. much men. camp, or whatever its called. Here are last year's campers:

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic