IGNORED

Every Sperm is Sacred: Upcoming Babies 17

Bethella

On 5/1/2020 at 11:35 PM, Milly-Molly-Mandy said:

Yes I like the name Ainsley but same reason. 

I never made the connection between 'anus' and Ainsley. I think the spelling and different ending kind of saves it from the problem Anise has...or Anna-lee or similar names. I have a second cousin named Annaleigh and I was 12 when she was born and when I was told her name, I actually thought my grandfather was joking to get a reaction from me and said 'anally' to get my attention lol

• Upvote 2

I used to think I wanted to name my future daughter Honalee from Puff the Magic Dragon:)   

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 4

My dad knew brothers Genesis, Exodus, and Leviticus. Two went by Gene and Levi, but Exodus was stuck. At least they didn’t have a fourth child. Deuteronomy is not an okay baby name! 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1

I thought Anise is pronounced like a niece? Which doesn’t sound similar to me to anus, but I’m sure it depends on the accent it’s pronounced with. Like @Aine example of Annaleigh, I could see how someone with a strong southern accent could say that and to me it could sound like anally.

• Upvote 5

I am sorry to say this, but that "Dumptruck-Waller-Baby"s face reminds me of Trump.

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2

55 minutes ago, Kailash said:

I thought Anise is pronounced like a niece? Which doesn’t sound similar to me to anus, but I’m sure it depends on the accent it’s pronounced with. Like @Aine example of Annaleigh, I could see how someone with a strong southern accent could say that and to me it could sound like anally.

Yeah, I think it's the degrees of similarity when said in some different accents etc. Weird digression but having lived in multiple countries now, including being an international student at two universities outside of my home country, and I was raised by grandparents who had different native accents from where they lived and from each other, where you place the stress on the syllables of 'anus' makes a big difference. Some people drag out both syllables, some drag out the first and not the second, some the second and not the first. My native accent (which is admittedly a bit messed up these days after over a decade living abroad) places more emphasis on the second so it sounds less like "anise". But I'm fairly sure where I live now (Deep South of the US), there is slightly more emphasis on the first syllable or it seems more drawn out. I could see it being confused by ear in this region.

Also, you're relying on people to know how to pronounce "anise" and I don't have enough faith in other humans to not 'sound it out' as a homophone of 'anus' given the way people regularly mince my own very simple first name extremely often. My first name sounds nothing like a body part though so usually the embarrassment is on them and not me!

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, LaughingDonuts said:

My dad knew brothers Genesis, Exodus, and Leviticus. Two went by Gene and Levi, but Exodus was stuck. At least they didn’t have a fourth child. Deuteronomy is not an okay baby name! 

I'd have encouraged the poor kid to embrace "Odus", pronounced like "Otis". But I will say that "Exodus" sounds kind of badass if you focus on the sound of the word rather than the context. It's like a more metal form of "Atticus".

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, Hazelbunny said:

I am sorry to say this, but that "Dumptruck-Waller-Baby"s face reminds me of Trump.

Well, he IS having a tantrum... 

• Haha 14

20 hours ago, LaughingDonuts said:

OMG

I did this for my Sims thinking it would be ridiculously over the top even for fundies. Genesis was a girl though. They got through #17 Proverbs, and then couldn't have anymore, presumably because even God didn't want a child named Ecclesiastes ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14

46 minutes ago, neurogirl said:

OMG

I did this for my Sims thinking it would be ridiculously over the top even for fundies. Genesis was a girl though. They got through #17 Proverbs, and then couldn't have anymore, presumably because even God didn't want a child named Ecclesiastes ?

????

This literally made me laugh out loud- like a real giggle- something that I haven't done in what seems like forever with this social isolation business! Thank you!

Also, my apologies to everyone about my post breaking down pronunciations of 'anus'. Quarantine is clearly getting to me and sending me a little crazy. ??

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

Not surprised on the first name, though I wasn't expecting David for a middle name. But I guess TFDW need more kids to be named for his him. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Peter David is my Dad's fn/mn...I've always had it in my head that I might like to name a son Peter David but now I'm not so sure lol

It's a handsome name. Don't like the use of David for them seeing as they already have Davia though. Surely Peter Daniel or something would have worked ?

• Upvote 7

There's nothing wrong with the name Peter David - it's a very nice name. I don't think sharing it with a fundie is that big of a deal. My name is Lauren, and while I might find Lauren Duggar rather tiresome, I don't mind sharing a name with her. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

Peter David is a nice name but I'm a little surprised that his middle name isn't Brian or Michael, after David and Priscilla's dads.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

My son has a first and middle name that’s the same as a serial killer! I knew this when I named him. His middle name is after my dad so I’m not going to change it just because it happens to be the same as a serial killer. No one even notices.

• Upvote 5

Brooke and Jamie Matthews had their baby, a boy.... There's an article in Woman's Day Australia on this baby and his grandmother, Jeni Bonell but I can't find it... in France !

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

Lily-Ann (Koilpillai) Klein had a baby on the 7th. Micah Reginald.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

Deborah (Smith) Hale is pregnant with her third... She was 21 weeks pregnant around april 20th, so I presume a due date early september...

• Thank You 4

1 hour ago, Sops2 said:

Where did they announce that- 11 smiths has been so quiet recently?

I've seen it on a blog  I sporadically follow, https://shilohphotography.com/..... Deborah Hale and her husband sent pics sometimes.... just as Staddons, Mieczkowskies, Maxwell girls, Neelys, Ehlingers and Wahlquists, and loads of fundie families....

Edited by Hortense Peyrac
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, Hortense Peyrac said:

I've seen it on a blog  I sporadically follow, https://shilohphotography.com/..... Deborah Hale and her husband sent pics sometimes.... just as Staddons, Mieczkowskies, Maxwell girls, Neelys, Ehlingers and Wahlquists, and loads of fundie families....

I spy Girottis and Anna and Rachel Craig, too! Wow, thanks for tipping me off to that blog! SO many fundies I follow!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Triplet3 said:

I spy Girottis and Anna and Rachel Craig, too! Wow, thanks for tipping me off to that blog! SO many fundies I follow!

Be careful ! A very deep rabbit hole, isn't it? ?

Edited by Hortense Peyrac

18 minutes ago, Triplet3 said:

Bontragers too. And a picture of chicken pox covered Liz.

• Upvote 1

Wow, thank you so much for that- there are so many I recognise, and just as many that I don't!

A deep rabbit hole indeed!  As most of the photos are of Young Ladies, it also looks like a shopping catalogue for a  Godly Young Man  in search of a wife. ( or for the Head of a family in search of a suitable bride )

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic