IGNORED

Every Sperm is Sacred: Upcoming Babies 17

Bethella

1 hour ago, Bethella said:

I have almost all of them, I was just rushing and didn’t bother to list the full dates. 

Okay. :) Let me know which ones you need, I have all of them but Nathan's. 

• Upvote 2

That is a terrifyingly quick pace! If you exclude the extra six months after the c section the average is just under 13 months! That is insane, but makes sense if you start as a teenager I suppose.

Charlotte Boyer had her son on April 30th but they aren’t revealing the name online. They just nickname him Fritz for online. 

• Thank You 5

20 hours ago, Bethella said:

Nate and Kate (Ehlinger) Wahlquist, married July 2014

1. Kathryn Elise b. June 2015
  2. Emmaline Rose b. June 2016
  3. Phillip Barzillai b. January 2018
  4. Cyrus Robert b. March 2029
  5. Mathilda Kate b. April 2020

Erich and Beth (Wahlquist) Ehlinger, married October 2012

1. Charlotte Genesis b. September 2013
  2. Chloe Neeve b. January 2015
  3. Cheri Annalise b. February 2017
  4. Braun Erichson b. July 2028
  5. Aurelia Jane b. March 2020

Travis and Elisha (Wahlquist) Ehlinger, married April 2016

1. Adele Joan b. March 2017
  2. Brooke b. About November 2018
  3. Ford Winston b. February 2020

I like most of the names, to me Barzillai looks strange (first time I ever see this name) but it's a middle name (and after some googeling I learned it's a real Hebrew name/word).

Why choose Cheri?? Why not Cherry? Sherry? Cherie? Sherrie? So much possibility and they pick the weird one (Cheri is a nickname for a husband or a son, for a wife or a daughter it's Cherie).

15 hours ago, hasunah said:

Braun Erichson  . Poor kid . I assume it's a boy  but why name him Brown  son of Erich .

That name make me think about razor blades. OK it's 2 differents companies (and it's Ericsson not Erichson) but both made razor or razor blades.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Especially because Braun means brown (like the color) in German. I haven’t heard of people naming kids after a color except for maybe violet and scarlet.

• Upvote 2

On 4/29/2020 at 3:44 PM, dairyfreelife said:

"One thing I started doing months ago was using Progessence Plus from Young Living. I put it on each night before bed, and could tell it was balancing out my hormones, but we weren’t looking to have another baby anytime soon."

Wait, Caroline was putting essential oils on or in her hoo-hah and more or less expecting it to work as birth control?! ? :faint:

First of all, Caroline: that isn't leaving it up to God.

Second of all, if birth control is your intent, there are plenty of free and low-cost options that fit a variety of lifestyles.

• Upvote 5

23 minutes ago, Smash! said:

Especially because Braun means brown (like the color) in German. I haven’t heard of people naming kids after a color except for maybe violet and scarlet.

Colors as names is becoming more popular. 

Violet, Scarlett, Gray, Blue and then stones that are also color related. Like Jade, Ruby, and Pearl. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I know  woman whose favorite color is green. Her kids are named Emerald, Jade, and Sage. 

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 2

37 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

I know  woman whose favorite color is green. Her kids are named Emerald, Jade, and Sage. 

I had a classmate who’s stepmom named all her kids after spices.

Sage,Thyme, Paprika

I wish I was making this up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 7

14 minutes ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

I had a classmate who’s stepmom named all her kids after spices.

Sage,Thyme, Paprika

I wish I was making this up. 

There are so many better herb/spice names! 

Cinnamon, Ginger, Pepper, Basil, Rosemary, Anise, Saffron. 

• Upvote 7

I read a story in a magazine once where a woman had named her kids Parsley, Pepper and Sage. Those poor kids! What ridiculous names!

I wouldn’t call a kid Anise. Far too close to “anus” for me...

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I read a story in a magazine once where a woman had named her kids Parsley, Pepper and Sage. Those poor kids! What ridiculous names!

I wouldn’t call a kid Anise. Far too close to “anus” for me...

Yes I like the name Ainsley but same reason. 

10 hours ago, Smash! said:

10 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Colors as names is becoming more popular. 

Violet, Scarlett, Gray, Blue and then stones that are also color related. Like Jade, Ruby, and Pearl. 

There are lots of color used as name. You can add Blanche, Candice, Goldie, Aure, Silver and many more but it's usually "bright" color while Brown/Braun is kinda dull. It's like choosing Beige, Khaki or Mustard.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I hate Braun as a name. It makes me think of brawn.

I’m also not a fan of Cheri (seems dated) or Mathilda (seems frumpy and dated). Matilda would have been nicer even though I still find it a little clunky. Mathilda doesn’t seem to fit Katelyn’s other children’s names, which are all nice and not frumpy. Phillip with two ‘l’s always looks a bit wrong to me as the biblical spelling, Philip, is much more common in the UK, but I know it’s a common variation of Philip in the US.

I must have a nostalgic streak because I love those slightly dated names. Braun doesn't shock me - if I met someone with that name I'd assume it was a family name of German descent. In the same vein I know a little Baer and he's a cutie.

Do we know if Cheri is pronounced like Cherry or Sherry?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, LucilleJ said:

There are lots of color used as name. You can add Blanche, Candice, Goldie, Aure, Silver and many more but it's usually "bright" color while Brown/Braun is kinda dull. It's like choosing Beige, Khaki or Mustard.

I know someone who named their children Heather, Tiffany, Kelly and Hunter and apparently it was to name them after colours. I also know someone who named their children Seven and Ever. Erm...okay. My niece has a random word name that her parents added an -ly to the end because different. Totally not trendy. Sure, she'll probably be the only one with that name in her class. Mostly because it's a weird name. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, usedbicycle said:

I must have a nostalgic streak because I love those slightly dated names. Braun doesn't shock me - if I met someone with that name I'd assume it was a family name of German descent. In the same vein I know a little Baer and he's a cutie.

Do we know if Cheri is pronounced like Cherry or Sherry?

Honestly if I heard Braun and didn’t see it spelled, I would assume it’s short for Lebron. There are a lot of Lebron James fans out there. He has a son named after him and they call him Bronny.

• Upvote 1

Judging by her appearance in Sarah Mally's wedding livestream, Grace (Mally) Moffitt is visibly pregnant.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

8 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

I know someone who named their children Heather, Tiffany, Kelly and Hunter and apparently it was to name them after colours. I also know someone who named their children Seven and Ever. Erm...okay. My niece has a random word name that her parents added an -ly to the end because different. Totally not trendy. Sure, she'll probably be the only one with that name in her class. Mostly because it's a weird name. 

Again, I wish I was making this up:

I know someone who taught a girl named Sterling Silver. And I once knew a Summer Camp (yes really).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Wolf in Sheeples’ Clothing said:

Again, I wish I was making this up:

I know someone who taught a girl named Sterling Silver. And I once knew a Summer Camp (yes really).

I knew someone in middle school named Candace Kane.  Her parents called her Candy.  She alternately liked and hated it.  When she hated it, she insisted on being called Candace.  When she liked it, she’d draw a little candy cane next to her name.  

I had a coworker whose first and middle names were Twilight Dawn.

Edited by catlady
  • Upvote 4

On 5/1/2020 at 7:37 PM, CaptainFunderpants said:

Wait, Caroline was putting essential oils on or in her hoo-hah and more or less expecting it to work as birth control?! ? :faint:

First of all, Caroline: that isn't leaving it up to God.

Second of all, if birth control is your intent, there are plenty of free and low-cost options that fit a variety of lifestyles.

I don’t think that’s it. In two previous pregnancies she needed to take progesterone. Here she was trying to fix her hormone issues by being Natural and Oily instead.

The point of saying “Whoops! We got pregnant without really trying using Young Living’s Progessence (tm)” is to make money selling Young Living’s Progessence (tm). Like from women who’d benefit from real, medical  infertility treatment. Making lemonade out of their too-many-babies lemons, so to speak.

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 2

54 minutes ago, SusanAtTheLastBattle said:

I don’t think that’s it. In two previous pregnancies she needed to take progesterone. Here she was trying to fix her hormone issues by being Natural and Oily instead.

The point of saying “Whoops! We got pregnant without really trying using Young Living’s Progessence (tm)” is to make money selling Young Living’s Progessence (tm). Like from women who’d benefit from real, medical  infertility treatment. Making lemonade out of their too-many-babies lemons, so to speak.

Oh geez.

"Without really trying," always kills me. If you have reason to believe that you're fertile and you're not actively preventing, you are in fact trying.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, catlady said:

I knew someone in middle school named Candace Kane.  Her parents called her Candy.  She alternately liked and hated it.  When she hated it, she insisted on being called Candace.  When she liked it, she’d draw a little candy cane next to her name.  

I had a coworker whose first and middle names were Twilight Dawn.

My mother attended community college in the late 1960's as a teenager with a willowy blonde whose real name was Candy Flowers. They were in typing class together. 

I started to comment this yesterday upthread when we were discussing weird sibling names, but changed my mind because I was worried that the names were too weird to preserve the anonymity of the people I'm referring to. However, I did a google search, and I can't find a trace of any of them. So, for the consideration of FJ, I present the weirdest, most erratic sibling group naming scheme I've ever encountered:

Tina, Pepper, Ea', and Zebulon-Zion.

These were four stair-step siblings, as WASP-y as they come, all of whom attended middle and high school with me in intervals. The first three were girls, and the youngest was the only boy in the family. He usually went by "Zeb", but I know that he later changed his legal name at least twice. The first time was while we were still in school together, and he changed it to "Zeez". Tina was the eldest, and her name wasn't short for anything. (For whatever reason, this was a Very Surprising Thing to me as a wee SolomonFundy.) I never knew her personally. She graduated the year I started high school.  Pepper was two grades above me, and we were in band together. Ea' (yes, the apostrophe is supposed to be there) was in my same grade, and was an edgy theatre kid, and Zeb was the year behind us, and a bully. I generally like non-themed sibling names, but this group seemed more like the product of a random letter generator. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

So is there anyone besides me who keeps checking on this thread, waiting to see if Pecan (Waller) 5.0 has been born, then wondering how cringe-worthy first picture of Pecan will be?(He will be the brother of the famous dump truck baby.)

For our newer posters, here is the picture in question.

Screenshot_20200503-110210~2.png

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic