IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith 6: Now with Kade, Kolter, and Charlotte

GreyhoundFan

23 minutes ago, Bethella said:

Is this where I bring up Mary Ann Cotton, who is believed to have poisoned around 18-21 people with arsenic including 11 of her 13 children, 4 stepchildren, 3 of her 4 husbands and a lover. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Ann_Cotton

Oh yes, I know all about her! She’s probably one of the most prolific. She got away with it at first. But she got greedy. The body count was much too high to be coincidence. Think if all the women who got away with poisoning because they only killed one or two people and stopped. 

• Upvote 6

17 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Does Bobby come from a large family?

No, according to Fundie Wiki, he only has 2 sisters. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

43 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

No, according to Fundie Wiki, he only has 2 sisters. 

I wonder at what point one of them will wake up and make a body altering decision? Between the time, energy and money that a big family requires, I can’t see them keeping up the current level of reproduction.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder at what point one of them will wake up and make a body altering decision? Between the time, energy and money that a big family requires, I can’t see them keeping up the current level of reproduction.

I doubt the majority of the Bates kids will be completely quiverful. Hell I don’t think most large fundie families were 100% quiverful for their entire marriage. I think a lot of them secretly do things to avoid pregnancy but never talk about it. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

• 1 month later...

Erika Shupe was actually very open about her life, she posted a two-part story about her journey (for want of a better phrase, she just called it Our Story). She had her eldest two thirteen months apart, even though she says that her first birth was pretty awful and gave her nightmares for a year. She went on and off birth control, only fully committing to the Quiverfull lifestyle when she was pregnant with #6. She was pretty fertile, given that she had her last four kids in 22 months (gap of 10.5 months between #6 and #7, and gap of 11 months between #7 and her twins, #8 and #9). She also conceived a few times after that, although those resulted in miscarriages. 

• Upvote 5

On 7/9/2022 at 8:56 PM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Having 4 kids in 22 months would be my nightmare.

I am pregnant right now and I have an 8 month old and let me tell you I am TERRIFIED. 😂

• Upvote 3
  • Love 25

I watched a tiktok of a woman who had twins and then got pregnant with twins again when the babies were 5 months old. Yikes! 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • WTF 1

19 hours ago, Belugaloo said:

I am pregnant right now and I have an 8 month old and let me tell you I am TERRIFIED. 😂

I had a surprise when my second was 8 months old. I distinctly remember looking down at the pregnancy test and thinking: but I already *have* a baby! And then I cried because it was so overwhelming. 

They are teens now and sixteen months apart and really close friends. Being pregnant so soon was rough but I liked the spacing otherwise.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

Mine are 20 months apart and it was 100% planned (I actually would have started trying a month earlier than I did but we were going n vacation and I wanted to drink) and I still remember a moment when I was about 4 months pregnant and I had a rough night with my oldest and I was like "wtf am I thinking having ANOTHER one right now?"

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 5

And to think a lot of fundies keep that spacing up for at least 10 years!!! :mindblowing: 

Hugs to all you mums of kids close in age! :group-hug: I don't have any children (just 3 Bunnies; teen bunnies are terrors by the way!) but my sister has two boys 14,5 months apart (18 months and 4 months). She is close to loosing her mind most days. 

• Upvote 6

20 hours ago, JMO said:

I watched a tiktok of a woman who had twins and then got pregnant with twins again when the babies were 5 months old. Yikes! 

Was it the Zeiglers? She's the one who is on her second set of twins + has several other children. She and her husband recently sold their house and moved into an RV. The whole thing seems crazy to me but it has been interesting to see on instagram.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, browngrl said:

Was it the Zeiglers? She's the one who is on her second set of twins + has several other children. She and her husband recently sold their house and moved into an RV. The whole thing seems crazy to me but it has been interesting to see on instagram.

Honestly I don't know,  it was on TikTok and I can't find the video again.  It just popped up as I scrolled.  It's crazy though. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tori gave birth to Cambree Layne on 8/2. 5 lb. 2 oz. 

Edited by marmalade
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

“Kade”

Kolter Gray

Charlotte Raine

Cambree Layne

So the pattern for boys is K and the pattern for girls is C. They have middle names with long A sounds. Of course Kade doesn’t count because he had to be named after his dad. But is unrelated nickname is a K. 

• Upvote 8

Tori went from 16.5 months between Kade and Kolter to 15 months between Kolter and Charlotte to 13.5 months between Charlotte and Cambree. At the rate she is going, the next baby will be here next August. 

It is crazy to realize that Tori, Josie and Whitney all have birth the same.mpnth last year, Tori actually gave birth last and she has another baby already and the other two aren't even pregnant yet (that we know of). 

• Upvote 21
  • WTF 2

28 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Cambree. Oof. Defintiely my least favorite Bates name. I liked Charlotte, so I had hope but nope. 

Charlotte is my favorite grand-Bates name, Cambree and Kolter tie for least favorite. Kade would be better if he went by Robbie or Ellis or ANYTHING resembling his actual name. And all the middle names suck except Ellis. Of course these guys have the most kids the fastest🙄

• Upvote 4
  • Bless Your Heart 1

I can give a pass on Layne, since it's Tori's middle name, but I'm not a fan of Cambree. The other Bates women can get a little too trendy for my tastes (Everly, Holland) or butcher spellings (Khloé) but Tori just seems to make up names out of thin air. Neither Kolter nor Cambree have ever been in the top 1000 names in the US. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2

I looked up Cambree because I've literally never heard it before and it is apparently a variation on a welsh name Cambria and it means "For the People" or something.

• Upvote 2

Cambree Layne sounds like a street name in a soap opera or nighttime drama.  Thinking on the lines of the next street over from Wisteria Lane in "Desperate Housewives". 

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 10

I wonder if Tori is a big Kate Middleton/royals fan and Cambree is after “Cambridge,” to go with Charlotte. 

But it’s probably not that deep. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

I looked up Cambree because I've literally never heard it before and it is apparently a variation on a welsh name Cambria and it means "For the People" or something.

Don't the Rogers have a Cambria or something?  

There are so many "normal" C girls' names (Caroline, Catherine, Cynthia, Cora, Cassandra) that I have no idea why they decided to go with this made up abomination.  I wouldn't mind as much if there was "meaning" behind it (i.e. "My grandmother came from Wales, and we wanted to honor her, but didn't like her name, Harriet" - cambria is the latinized word for the welsh word for "wales"), but, it's like they spun a syllable naming wheel and it landed on "cam" and "bree" and they just went with it.   See also: "Kol" and "ter"

Edited by monkeyrocks71
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic