IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith 6: Now with Kade, Kolter, and Charlotte

GreyhoundFan

Tori looks amazing here😍, I'm happy for her, and I think it is nice that Charlotte is going to have a sister close in age. I hope she can manage it is not easy

Spoiler

1257040116_Screenshot2022-05-09at4_57_14am.thumb.png.fe988cee455e6e9ea1fc8c596296d72f.png

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 4

I wonder at what point her HCP will start cautioning them about the health of the mother (and eventually the pregnancy)? This will make 4 live births in 45 months time. This can not be considered healthy procreation. How much age and developmentally appropriate stimulation will each child get from their parents? And let’s face it, dad or someone will need to work to finance the entire circus.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Wow that is three Duggar/ Bates announcements today!

I know with more married adults that this is a larger possibility but three in one day just blows my mind!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Audrey2 said:

I know with more married adults that this is a larger possibility but three in one day just blows my mind!

Exactly !!

I was just thinking when Jed announced his baby arrival that we only have jill pregnant, boy I was wrong. 

• Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Yup. The baby name guess thread is going to keep me busy.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Dbm said:

Exactly !!

I was just thinking when Jed announced his baby arrival that we only have jill pregnant, boy I was wrong. 

I was pretty sure Abbie, Esther and Tori were all pregnant. There is also speculation about Kendra. I think with the shows cancelled, the announcements are just quieter but the babies are still coming. 

So as of now Duggars are at 23 confirmed(?) Grandkids + Possible Siren baby and 2 confirmed pregnancies + possibly Joe/Kendra, meaning that it will likely be 27 grandkids before the end of the year.

The Bates are at 20 grandkids and 2 confirmed pregnancies, so they will be at 22 by the end of the year.

• Upvote 6

33 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

I was pretty sure Abbie, Esther and Tori were all pregnant. There is also speculation about Kendra. I think with the shows cancelled, the announcements are just quieter but the babies are still coming. 

So as of now Duggars are at 23 confirmed(?) Grandkids + Possible Siren baby and 2 confirmed pregnancies + possibly Joe/Kendra, meaning that it will likely be 27 grandkids before the end of the year.

The Bates are at 20 grandkids and 2 confirmed pregnancies, so they will be at 22 by the end of the year.

Adding to this, while the Duggars are ahead on grandchildren, they are also had an edge with  married children. There are 11 married Duggar kids and currently 9 married Bates kids (with one wedding this week and another later this year). 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

I wonder at what point her HCP will start cautioning them about the health of the mother (and eventually the pregnancy)? This will make 4 live births in 45 months time. This can not be considered healthy procreation. How much age and developmentally appropriate stimulation will each child get from their parents? And let’s face it, dad or someone will need to work to finance the entire circus.

It would be questionably healthy for a women with no risks factors, but Tori like most of the Bates girl has the clotting disorder. You would think the Bates would rethink the quiverfull doctrine since it puts the women at risk. 

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

It would be questionably healthy for a women with no risks factors, but Tori like most of the Bates girl has the clotting disorder. You would think the Bates would rethink the quiverfull doctrine since it puts the women at risk.

(Being especially cynical and punchy after the events of this week, but trying to keep politics on the political threads not here), the babies are the important part. The women are just the incubators and if one incubator breaks you just get another one.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 7

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

I think Alyssa is also pregnant. So might be 23 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Adding to this, while the Duggars are ahead on grandchildren, they are also had an edge with  married children. There are 11 married Duggar kids and currently 9 married Bates kids (with one wedding this week and another later this year). 

Sounds like a sportscaster announcing results. Exciting race!

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Just coming to post this. 

Honestly if she were too stop now this would be a wonderful gender combination. 

What is a "wonderful gender combination"? Do you mean because she has two of each? Is that less wonderful than if she had 2 boys then 3 girls? 

Personally, I'd prefer four girls like Alyssa. Everyone's idea of wonderful is different.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Ugh, this is so sad.  I don't care how radiant Tori looks, this poor kid will be a sister mom by the time she's 6. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

What i appreciate of Tori Is that She waits till around half of the pregnancy before sharing and usually announce also the gender and often the name. So her pregnancy don't last 300 years like some ( caugh jed caugh) 

Now they will have 2 Boys and 2 girls so i hope she will wait for this baby to be at least around a year before getting pregnant again, but i suspect a year from now we will hear about #5 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Sounds like a sportscaster announcing results. Exciting race!

What is a "wonderful gender combination"? Do you mean because she has two of each? Is that less wonderful than if she had 2 boys then 3 girls? 

Personally, I'd prefer four girls like Alyssa. Everyone's idea of wonderful is different.

I actually meant in terms of age. She has two of each gender close in age. She moved Kolter in with Kade, likely to prepare for the new baby and so that eventually Charlotte and this baby will share. Makes it easier for room sharing etc. I am aware each family is different but from a small house perspective, it is a good combo.

• Upvote 5

I actually meant in terms of age. She has two of each gender close in age. She moved Kolter in with Kade, likely to prepare for the new baby and so that eventually Charlotte and this baby will share. Makes it easier for room sharing etc. I am aware each family is different but from a small house perspective, it is a good combo.

Also because they seem to think that the boy needs a brother and the girls need a sister. If it were another boy they might be more likely to try again to get a sister for Charlotte like Erin seems to be doing for Carson. They will try again anyways because it’s them but this would be a good stopping point.
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

What i appreciate of Tori Is that She waits till around half of the pregnancy before sharing and usually announce also the gender and often the name. So her pregnancy don't last 300 years like some ( caugh jed caugh) 

Now they will have 2 Boys and 2 girls so i hope she will wait for this baby to be at least around a year before getting pregnant again, but i suspect a year from now we will hear about #5 

I think she waits because her babies are so close together. These two youngest will be 14 months apart. If she announced really early like some fundies, she would still have a young baby when announcing her pregnancy. And people would be like, “wait. Didn’t you just have a baby?” The fundies who actually have babies further apart don’t have that issue. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Dbm said:

Tori looks amazing here😍, I'm happy for her, and I think it is nice that Charlotte is going to have a sister close in age. I hope she can manage it is not easy

Hide contents

1257040116_Screenshot2022-05-09at4_57_14am.thumb.png.fe988cee455e6e9ea1fc8c596296d72f.png

Really? You think it is wonderful that another girl is going to be born into a belief system that views girls as lesser than men and that their main job is to grow up and have baby after baby? Let's face it, if Tori keeps having children at this rate these little girls will be sister moms starting at a young age.

Please don't be fooled by the Bates social media pages. These people are part of s very oppressive, dangerous belief system. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

(Being especially cynical and punchy after the events of this week, but trying to keep politics on the political threads not here), the babies are the important part. The women are just the incubators and if one incubator breaks you just get another one.

You're so true! But on the other side, I think Bates sons-in-law value their wives and seem to have relatively equal marriages (I mean, they are not Hellferich or Pearls!). Chad was worried about more pregnancies and an insider said that Kelton was ok stopping at #2, because health issues, John Webster was ok with BC while Alyssa was ill, etc.

I wonder if, in Bates family, there are the indoctrinated daughters who decide to keep having babies no matter what. Of course, husbands could stop it, so they are not better... But I doubt they are forcing the pregnancies and I suspect most of them would be ok stopping.

• Upvote 2

They've been trained to view their entire worth as how many babies they can produce, I'm sure it would be hard for them to switch off that mindset and rebel against everything they have been taught. 

• Upvote 9

Tori is pretty and has a nice natural beauty to her. I just wish she would give her body a rest. 2 boys and 2 girls sounds pretty good family wise. Wish she would stop but probably not. I forgot she even had a 3rd child. Too many fundie pregnancies to keep up with now and they just all mesh together. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she waits because her babies are so close together. These two youngest will be 14 months apart. If she announced really early like some fundies, she would still have a young baby when announcing her pregnancy. And people would be like, “wait. Didn’t you just have a baby?” The fundies who actually have babies further apart don’t have that issue. 

This. Based on an August due date she is somewhere between 24-28 weeks pregnant and Charlotte is only 10.5 months, if she had pulled a Carlin and announced at 8 weeks then Charlotte would have been less than 6 months old. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

Really? You think it is wonderful that another girl is going to be born into a belief system that views girls as lesser than men and that their main job is to grow up and have baby after baby? Let's face it, if Tori keeps having children at this rate these little girls will be sister moms starting at a young age.

Please don't be fooled by the Bates social media pages. These people are part of s very oppressive, dangerous belief system. 

I will admit that I did not see it like that, I've always wanted a sister and at the moment I got excited for the little girl.  

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Dbm said:

I will admit that I did not see it like that, I've always wanted a sister and at the moment I got excited for the little girl.  

At this rate, she will have many many sisters.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Dbm said:

The Bates are one of the more dangerous fundies just because they can make people, even people here, forget what they really stand for. Even Alyssa, with her modern clothing, shared a link to her pastor spouting horrificthings. These people are radical, religious extremists who want to take over the world. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, Dbm said:

Reveal hidden contents

Y'all ignore my older post, I didn't calculate it the right way when I wrote it.

I agree with you all, unfortunately I wrote it in a rush and I didn't see it from all angles. 

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic