IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith 6: Now with Kade, Kolter, and Charlotte

GreyhoundFan

Maybe they just really like soft ripe cheeses that taste nice when they're baked, and you can eat the rind, with honey or jam, etc. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Baked brie (and similar) is proof god loves us and wants us to be happy.

A better name (imo) for her daughter would have been Brianna! 😅

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

A better name (imo) for her daughter would have been Brianna! 😅

But that would leave out Camembert, which I like even better, myself. 

• Haha 3

I don't like Cambree but I like both Cam/Cammy and Bree as nicknames so if they go the nickname route, it could be cute. 

• Upvote 6

On 8/7/2022 at 5:56 PM, WiseGirl said:

Um asking for a friend. Who's child is Kenna?

Nathan's daughter (still on the oven). Nathan name is Kenneth Nathan, so the girl will.be named after him.

On 8/6/2022 at 11:13 PM, JDuggs said:

I don’t think the way they pronounce Zade is difficult. It rhymes with “made.” Have you heard them pronounce it differently?

Carlin said Zade was like the Arabic name Said (Zah-eed) and pronounced like that at the beginning, but I think they moved to call him like you say above. 

On 8/10/2022 at 8:09 PM, Hazelbunny said:

So will it be twins Chester and Cheddar next year? 

I think they can use Chester as a name. Chester fits Charlotte. Or thet can Torify the name and use Chestea for a girl and Khester for a boy...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

Am I the only person who actually likes the name Holland? I actually don’t dislike Erin’s naming style, with the exception of Everly, which is too trendy for my taste.

On the other hand, I intensely dislike both Zoey and Hazel, and I’m not fond of the name Layla, either. Hazel falls under the category of names I associate with my grandparents’ generation. I have no reason for Zoe(y) or Layla other than they just don’t appeal to me, 

Of the others, I wouldn’t mind Kaci and Maci if they were spelled Casey and Macey, nor would Allie and Lexi bother me if they were nicknames for Alison and Alexa/Alexandra/Alexis. However, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m going to dislike any names the Bateses pick. 

And now I’m envisioning a challenge - rename the Bates grandkids keeping to the same general styles but less cringe-inducing actual names. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, postscript said:

Am I the only person who actually likes the name Holland? I actually don’t dislike Erin’s naming style, with the exception of Everly, which is too trendy for my taste.

On the other hand, I intensely dislike both Zoey and Hazel, and I’m not fond of the name Layla, either. Hazel falls under the category of names I associate with my grandparents’ generation. I have no reason for Zoe(y) or Layla other than they just don’t appeal to me, 

Of the others, I wouldn’t mind Kaci and Maci if they were spelled Casey and Macey, nor would Allie and Lexi bother me if they were nicknames for Alison and Alexa/Alexandra/Alexis. However, I’ve come to the conclusion that I’m going to dislike any names the Bateses pick. 

And now I’m envisioning a challenge - rename the Bates grandkids keeping to the same general styles but less cringe-inducing actual names. 

I actually loved Holland to, I didn't like Everly either or any of her other names, but they seem to fit her kids. I wish Allie was spelled Ally and Lexi was short for something. I dont think Zoey is a good adult name. I love Hazel, it's cute and older names are coming back in style, they could have chosen Mabel. I actually dont mind the spelling of Kaci, but it does look unfinished and I actually prefer Khloe with a K over a C. Charlotte was pretty but I wish tori would have picked Cecilia and not Cambree, or at least spell Cambree right, Cambrie.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, postscript said:

No change is possible: Willow, Hazel, Bradley, Charlotte, Layla, Kenna, Everly, Brooklyn, Holland, Finley,

No change, but they have a "serious" name they can use in the future: Robert (Kade), Charles (Carson)

Change to have a real name: Allie-Alison, Lexi-Alexandra, Kaci-Casey, Zoey-Zoe, Khloé-Chloe, Maci-Macey?Maisie? Amazing?, Zade-Saïd? Zaid?

Need a new name: Kolter, Cambree, Jadon.

• Upvote 4

On 8/14/2022 at 8:54 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Carlin said Zade was like the Arabic name Said (Zah-eed) and pronounced like that at the beginning, but I think they moved to call him like you say above. 

I just checked their youtube and when they announce his name there, literally still in the hospital, it's Zade rhyming with made, wade, Kade etc

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

I just checked their youtube and when they announce his name there, literally still in the hospital, it's Zade rhyming with made, wade, Kade etc

Maybe there is another video? I remember there was a discussion about the name here, many were shocked of them choosing such an Arabic name. And many guessed (and were right) that they would soon change the pronountiation to "-ade".

• Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Maybe there is another video? I remember there was a discussion about the name here, many were shocked of them choosing such an Arabic name. And many guessed (and were right) that they would soon change the pronountiation to "-ade".

My guess is that the speculation here was before they said his name on video (I think they probably announced it in an instagram caption first) and what you're remembering is just us speculating, not Carlin saying it that way. I follow them on instagram etc and I don't remember them saying it that way at any point. I checked the youtube video before the one where they say the name as well while looking for it and they just call him Baby Boy. 

• Upvote 12

Holland isn't a bad name. Not the worst place to be named after. I grew up with a girl named Montana and thought that was cringe. I also knew a girl named Ireland but I think that's kind of cool. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

Holland isn't a bad name. Not the worst place to be named after. I grew up with a girl named Montana and thought that was cringe. I also knew a girl named Ireland but I think that's kind of cool. 

Do they call her Holly? 

2 hours ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

Holland isn't a bad name. Not the worst place to be named after. 

I agree Holland isn’t a bad name.  I once worked with someone named Holland. I asked her how she got her name. She was conceived in Holland. Her parents were having fertility issue. This was in the late 1970’s & their was not much they could do but keep trying. So her parents decided to get away to relax & she was conceived on their trip. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

My husband has a family member named Ireland. I always thought it was an odd name and no good nicknames. She seems at peace with it, though.

They are not particularly Irish. Maybe a little.

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

No change is possible: Willow, Hazel, Bradley, Charlotte, Layla, Kenna, Everly, Brooklyn, Holland, Finley,

No change, but they have a "serious" name they can use in the future: Robert (Kade), Charles (Carson)

Change to have a real name: Allie-Alison, Lexi-Alexandra, Kaci-Casey, Zoey-Zoe, Khloé-Chloe, Maci-Macey?Maisie? Amazing?, Zade-Saïd? Zaid?

Jadon would be ok spelt different jaydon jaydan. their spelling leaves to many interpretations ja (short sound) don is how I read it. I am not that big a fan of Jayden, Jaydon, jaydan as a personal preference but it is on ok name spelt correctly. So long winded conclusion I would put it in the change to a real name and only leave cambree and kolter in the rename.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

My husband has a family member named Ireland. I always thought it was an odd name and no good nicknames. She seems at peace with it, though.

They are not particularly Irish. Maybe a little.

I’ve come across a little girl named Irelyn. I’m not joking. Ire means anger. And she can be an angry little girl, lol. She’s probably just mad about her name. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 2

On 8/14/2022 at 6:54 PM, Melissa1977 said:

I've seen Zoey spelled with a Y plenty of times.  I don't like it myself (with or without a y), but, I think both spellings are common.  I also know a Macy.  

I don't care so much about nicknames as first names; I very nearly gave my daughter her nickname as a first name (but there's a story there).  What I REALLY can't stand are Kre8iv spellings (looking at you Kolter and Khloe) or completely made up names (I call them "spin the wheel" names, where various syllables are placed on wheels which are spun and the resulting combos become a name).  Like Everly or Cambree.  Also Kade, which doesn't even make sense as far as I can see (I know a "Cinco", but, he is nicknamed that because he' s the fifth in a line of Charles Johns or whatever).  Is there a reason behind that nickname? 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, monkeyrocks71 said:

I've seen Zoey spelled with a Y plenty of times.  I don't like it myself (with or without a y), but, I think both spellings are common.  I also know a Macy.  

I don't care so much about nicknames as first names; I very nearly gave my daughter her nickname as a first name (but there's a story there).  What I REALLY can't stand are Kre8iv spellings (looking at you Kolter and Khloe) or completely made up names (I call them "spin the wheel" names, where various syllables are placed on wheels which are spun and the resulting combos become a name).  Like Everly or Cambree.  Also Kade, which doesn't even make sense as far as I can see (I know a "Cinco", but, he is nicknamed that because he' s the fifth in a line of Charles Johns or whatever).  Is there a reason behind that nickname? 

They acted like Kade is linked to the 4th. But that’s Quad. If they called him Quad, then it would make sense. But Quad and Kade are very different. So it’s a major stretch. 

The fourth in Roman numerals is IV. So if they nicknamed him Ivy I would have understood. But not Kade. 

• Upvote 3

None of the Bates names are that bad. They're in keeping with normal American names at least during the past 20 years. 

Colter with a C is the more preferred spelling. Colter (this spelling) is #627 of the top boys names in the US in 2021.

On 8/10/2022 at 12:18 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I don't like Cambree but I like both Cam/Cammy and Bree as nicknames so if they go the nickname route, it could be cute. 

I agree Cam and Cammie and Bree are cute nicknames. I like Cambree more than most people here, but I wouldn't have picked that name.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They acted like Kade is linked to the 4th. But that’s Quad. If they called him Quad, then it would make sense. But Quad and Kade are very different. So it’s a major stretch. 

The fourth in Roman numerals is IV. So if they nicknamed him Ivy I would have understood. But not Kade. 

I think she just liked the name Kade and then performed mental gymnastics to make it fit. 🤣

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

6 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

I think she just liked the name Kade and then performed mental gymnastics to make it fit. 🤣

Me too. There are so many nicknames instead of Bobby if she was worried about getting them mixed up. There’s Robbie, Rob, Bo, Bert, Bertie, El, Ellis, or I’ve even heard people do “Bear” as a nickname because Robert in French sort of sounds like “ro-bear.”

• Coconut Flan locked this topic