IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith 6: Now with Kade, Kolter, and Charlotte

GreyhoundFan

9 minutes ago, backyard sylph said:

I like it, but then there are greys I think are really beautiful. Hide and Seek Fog

I'm about to get a new grandkid named...probably...Grey. At first it was to be Adrian, and we were all super on board with that. Then it changed to Grey and we were all, oh, hey, good for you... But here is the kicker, privateish forum. The middle name is supposed to be Fox. And while Adrian Fox seemed sort of cool to the crowd, none of us is keen on Grey Fox, but of course we're not jerks so we'll just continue on as the parents like. Well, the other grandma says she'll only call the kid Fox if they persist with Grey, but I think she doesn't really mean it; she is just trying to slide in an opinion.

I am glad my son's only half-joking desire to name the child Naruto has been firmly defeated, and so if it does come out a Grey Fox, well, at least it goes pretty well with our last name. They are 26 and 24 and super nerdy, so we should probably all be glad they haven't chosen a Pokémon name. 

I do loathe the name Colter, so. 

I’m with you. I much prefer Adrian Fox. That sounds nice together. 

• I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, backyard sylph said:

I am glad my son's only half-joking desire to name the child Naruto has been firmly defeated, and so if it does come out a Grey Fox, well, at least it goes pretty well with our last name. They are 26 and 24 and super nerdy, so we should probably all be glad they haven't chosen a Pokémon name. 

Oh man, I hadn’t even thought about that with regards to my sibling. They are also super nerdy mid 20s. With very creatively named pets 😂

8 hours ago, Mrs Ms said:

Oh man, I hadn’t even thought about that with regards to my sibling. They are also super nerdy mid 20s. With very creatively named pets 😂

Yes, naming the dog, cat, and fish this way is just fine! And okay, I am perfectly fine with creative names to a fairly liberal degree, to be honest, but you have to think of some long term effects. I told the DIL that mainly, I feel it's the kreeaytive spellings that are the problem later on. 

• Upvote 5

On 8/30/2022 at 10:41 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m with you. I much prefer Adrian Fox. That sounds nice together. 

Maybe he's just joking? My friends told people they were going to name the baby Nunzio or Marvella (back when you weren't sure) just to get everybody to keep their opinions to themselves.

On 8/5/2022 at 5:35 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

“Kade”

Kolter Gray

Charlotte Raine

Cambree Layne

So the pattern for boys is K and the pattern for girls is C. They have middle names with long A sounds. Of course Kade doesn’t count because he had to be named after his dad. But is unrelated nickname is a K. 

Cambree Layne sounds like somewhere the postman might visit. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

Cambree Layne sounds like somewhere the postman might visit. 

In my head, it sounds like a British street, not an American street. I don’t know why. But I imagine Cambree Lane as some little street in London. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

In my head, it sounds like a British street, not an American street. I don’t know why. But I imagine Cambree Lane as some little street in London. 

A wee mews lane. Quiet with pretty cottages, lots of honeysuckle draped around the fences. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

15 hours ago, patsymae said:

Maybe he's just joking? My friends told people they were going to name the baby Nunzio or Marvella (back when you weren't sure) just to get everybody to keep their opinions to themselves.

They are not joking, but now Elijah is in play. Elijah is his middle name and she's concerned other family members will want their names inserted into more children these two probably won't be having, but what I say is let them have their own children and name them thusly!

On 8/17/2022 at 1:07 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I definitely think they will. John is used on both sides of the family. So it seems like a must. I will be surprised if it isn’t used at all. Plus it’s biblical. Grace Annette is named after Michelle (her middle name). So they seem to like using family names. My guess is a biblical first name and John as a middle name. Isaac John, Ethan John, or Benjamin John. Something like that. 

I just read Ethan John as Elton John. My optician appointment is next week. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

Charlotte Raine

Cambree Layne

Carolyn Saine? Coraline Bayne? Chrysty Craine? So many options. I love this game!

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 16

• 2 months later...
On 9/4/2022 at 9:40 AM, Melissa1977 said:

Charlotte Raine

Cambree Layne

Carolyn Saine? Coraline Bayne? Chrysty Craine? So many options. I love this game!

Lotta Paine

Mighta Raine

Gone Insaine

Poppa Veine

(I'll get my coat)

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 20

4 hours ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

Lotta Paine

Mighta Raine

Gone Insaine

Poppa Veine

(I'll get my coat)

Totalee Inane (them not your naming game

Edited by SassyPants
  • Haha 11

11 minutes ago, Tdoc72 said:

Anyone else see replies in this thread and think that she was pregnant again?  

Yes!!🤦🏽‍♀️

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

She probably is close to being PG, if she’s not already. She must get her cycles back really fast. Maybe she doesn’t nurse at all? Her last 2 kids are 13 months and a few days apart. I think #2 &3 are baby 14.5 months apart. Her spacing is getting closer. Her last baby is 3 months old, so anytime now, especially if these next 2 are 12-13 months apart.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

She probably is close to being PG, if she’s not already. She must get her cycles back really fast. Maybe she doesn’t nurse at all? Her last 2 kids are 13 months and a few days apart. I think #2 &3 are baby 14.5 months apart. Her spacing is getting closer. Her last baby is 3 months old, so anytime now, especially if these next 2 are 12-13 months apart.

I totally expected to not get my cycle back for months after having my babe because of exclusive breastfeeding (and she was on my boob allllll the time lol). But nope - back at 12 weeks postpartum. And same for my friend! So she may be breastfeeding but is just unlucky to get her cycles back not long after birth. 

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I breastfed all 3 times and has my period back by around 4 months postpartum, my mom was the same way and so was my grandmother who had children 13 months apart twice. I believe there is a genetic component to it and Kelly got pregnant again fast. 

I put money on Tori being pregnant by the end of the year, but we likely won't know until spring. I think she only announced with Cambree because of Lawson's wedding.

• Upvote 3

I’m 4.5 months postpartum with our first baby, and honestly could not fathom getting pregnant again right now. Feel like I’m barely surviving over here most days, and also feel like I have only just fully recovered. I can’t imagine how hard on the body all these back to back pregnancies are! The pelvic floor, iron stores, general muscle strength, and just overwhelming exhaustion…

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 16

15 hours ago, Tdoc72 said:

Anyone else see replies in this thread and think that she was pregnant again?  

15 hours ago, 0 kids n not countin said:

Yes!!🤦🏽‍♀️

15 hours ago, SassyPants said:

She probably is close to being PG, if she’s not already. 

Just getting ahead on the next one's name suggestions hehehe! Having a bit of fun on a slow work week.

Also, an acquaintance's communication of her newborn's name with WAYYYYY to many "Y"s in all the wrong places - her child, her choice, lovely baby pics, but Jeez. I can snark a bit on the misplaced Ys and on potentials for Tori's future blessings :text-lol:

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, Keys said:

I’m 4.5 months postpartum with our first baby, and honestly could not fathom getting pregnant again right now. Feel like I’m barely surviving over here most days, and also feel like I have only just fully recovered. I can’t imagine how hard on the body all these back to back pregnancies are! The pelvic floor, iron stores, general muscle strength, and just overwhelming exhaustion…

It can be exhausting---you are not alone. Hope you are able to take time to take care of yourself and rest.

• Love 2

3 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

It can be exhausting---you are not alone. Hope you are able to take time to take care of yourself and rest.

Thank you 💜 it thankfully has gotten much better! I feel lucky that physically I felt really good throughout the recovery. The lack of sleep has been the hardest by far

• I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Lack of sleep is one of the main reasons my kids are so far apart (of course, a divorce and remarriage had a lot to do with it, too).  I can't imagine having two or three not sleeping well through the night, and naps not working together.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

Lack of sleep is one of the main reasons my kids are so far apart (of course, a divorce and remarriage had a lot to do with it, too).  I can't imagine having two or three not sleeping well through the night, and naps not working together.

I imagine they probably sleep train from a somewhat early age? Not that it’s fool-proof, but. I personally don’t feel ready to sleep train our babe, and when we do, I’m not comfortable with the methods that leave her crying alone (no judgement for people who do! Just not for us I think)

• Upvote 2

My ex and I decided to let our baby boy cry it out one night, because he really did need to be sleeping longer.  We lasted about ten minutes, then got stuck in the door trying to get to him and comfort him first.  We never even tried it again.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

When I breastfed exclusively, my period didn’t come back until he was over 13 months old. I was grateful it stayed away. But boy did it come back with a vengeance 🙄

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic