IGNORED

Tori and Bobby Smith 6: Now with Kade, Kolter, and Charlotte

GreyhoundFan

Cambree? Really? After Charlotte (the only Bates grandkid name I really like), I was hoping for another classic girls’ name. But no, Tori had to follow Bates tradition and go for something trendy and oddly spelled. The Duggars occasionally come up with a name I like, but the Bateses seem to be deliberately picking off a list of names I can’t stand. Oh well, I’m never going to meet any of these kids. 

Happy everything seemed to go well. However, I hope they slow down a bit. 

• Upvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 5

Well, anything but slowing down from this pace would be utterly ridiculous. 

It's a low bar though, let's see if Tori manages to limbo below very friggin pregnant next summer...

Eta: she should also get a reward for the most ridiculous names (besides charlotte)

The only Bates kids names i do like is Josie's. Somewhat at least

Edited by SeekingAdventure
Forgot..
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

Honestly, I'm worried about Tori.  How long can a person keep up this pace of getting pregnant? I guess her mother did....

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

Honestly, I'm worried about Tori.  How long can a person keep up this pace of getting pregnant? I guess her mother did....

A lot of it will depend on whether or not she has to have a c-section.  She's going to have osteoporosis and need a lot of dental work, though, if she keeps up this pace.

• Upvote 7

36 minutes ago, BeccaGrim said:

I think the only thing that could slow her down is the clotting disorder. She's currently breeding at her mother's breakneck pace.

• Upvote 6

And why are the babies so small? I think that is a sign that she’s not giving her body sufficient recovery time between pregnancies. That baby is tinnny for a term  (or nearly term baby). We do remember in her PG announcement Tori mentioned she was due in August. Steps off retired NICU RN box-

The first name is horrible, but I expected either a Layne or Jane middle name, to match Kim and sister!

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

Cambree Layne sounds like a street name in a soap opera or nighttime drama.  Thinking on the lines of the next street over from Wisteria Lane in "Desperate Housewives". 

To me it sounds like one of those super feminine women's boutiques. 

"Don't miss our summer sale on calico bed jackets and rosewater scented drawer liners at Cambree Layne!"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 15

17 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And why are the babies so small? I think that is a sign that she’s not giving her body sufficient recovery time between pregnancies. That baby is tinnny for a term  (or nearly term baby). We do remember in her PG announcement Tori mentioned she was due in August. Steps off retired NICU RN box-

The first name is horrible, but I expected either a Layne or Jane middle name, to match Kim and sister!

She never gave a precise due date other than August. Tori also has the clotting disorder and I think she goes a little early (although not technically premature). But she is defintiely not giving her body enough time to recover. 

• Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

She never gave a precise due date other than August. Tori also has the clotting disorder and I think she goes a little early (although not technically premature). But she is defintiely not giving her body enough time to recover. 

As long as she can keep popping babies out, she doesn't need to recover.  Producing Christian Warrior after Warrior, regardless of the damage to her body or mental health, is her way of sacrificing herself to God's Army.

Edited by monkeyrocks71
  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 1

Of course Erin says she’s her hero and Bobby is gushing on instagram too. That’s what these brainwashed assholes do. A woman has baby after baby without any time to recover and she’s called a hero. While in my family someone close to her would be sitting her down and talking about her health and trying to give her some help with all those tiny kids. Only fundies hold up women risking their health as heroes. Especially the ones who die for their babies. That’s not being a hero. That’s leaving all your kids motherless. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 15

Not that I thought these two would go secular, but when they were courting I had hopes they wouldn’t be the ones tO go down this path- Bobby was one of three and I remember a moment when a sibling told them to save room for Jesus and Tori laughed it off and moved closer to Bobby. 

• Upvote 5

8 hours ago, EmiSue said:

Cambree and Kolter tie for least favorite. 

Get ready for a lifetime of this, kid. . . 

"Hi, I'm Cambree!"

"Hi, Candy, it's nice to meet you."

"No, it's Cambree. C-A-M-B-R-E-E"

And repeat.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I am not religious at all,

but I believe that even having one child and raising the kid to be a good person will also be appreciated by god.

God won't be happy if you risked your health or lost your life and left all these kids without a mom. 

• Upvote 9

Why would Bobby write in his Instagram post, “We are praising God for His undeserved mercy in keeping mama and baby both safe and perfectly healthy!”  when Kelton’s mom died during childbirth?

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 9

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Why would Bobby write in his Instagram post, “We are praising God for His undeserved mercy in keeping mama and baby both safe and perfectly healthy!”  when Kelton’s mom died during childbirth?

That's pretty insensitive all right. But does he even know Kelton's history? Can he even keep his brothers-in-law straight?

Actually, Bobby's post didnt' sound like him. It sounded like Kelly had written it. That stuff about "soaking up every baby snuggle" sounded like her voice, not his. I suppose some fundie guys may talk about soaking up baby snuggles, but aren't they mostly supposed to be all macho?

He's caring for three babies and working. ... it wouldn't surprise me if Kelly or a sister wrote that.

In any event, whoever wrote it did a great job of hitting all the fundie talking points: Thanks be to God, undeserved blessing, Tori is perfect, never complains, I'm unworthy. . . Got'em all!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

That's pretty insensitive all right. But does he even know Kelton's history? Can he even keep his brothers-in-law straight?

Actually, Bobby's post didnt' sound like him. It sounded like Kelly had written it. That stuff about "soaking up every baby snuggle" sounded like her voice, not his. I suppose some fundie guys may talk about soaking up baby snuggles, but aren't they mostly supposed to be all macho?

He's caring for three babies and working. ... it wouldn't surprise me if Kelly or a sister wrote that.

In any event, whoever wrote it did a great job of hitting all the fundie talking points: Thanks be to God, undeserved blessing, Tori is perfect, never complains, I'm unworthy. . . Got'em all!

Kelton is his boss…

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Maybe that's why he added "undeserved"? To make it clear that God let them live, not because they deserved it more than others, but just because he felt like being merciful for once?
Honestly, the whole thing just sounds so weird to me, though... It would never occur to me, heathen that I am, to say in a birth announcement that my wife and kid are still alive thanks to some miracle, although they obviously don't deserve it, being such horrible sinners (is that what he means? I'm still not sure). Even if the birth was super dramatic and they were literally at death's door, I'd just say "we're super happy and relieved that they're both okay". But then again, I don't usually talk Christianese...

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

Kelton is his boss…

Weren’t they also roommates at college? If I remember, Kelton introduced Bobby to the Bates.

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, Mrs Ms said:

Weren’t they also roommates at college? If I remember, Kelton introduced Bobby to the Bates.

They are best friends, Kelton was Bobby's best man and I think, viceversa. 

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

You would think that someone who trolls as much as you do and seems to think she know everything would at least  know that Bobby and Kelton’s relationship predates the Bates. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Kelton and Bobby are best friends. Bobby met Tori through Kelton. 

Also that post sounds like all of Bobby's other (few) posts and like someone who was going to do ministry at one point. Bobby is deep in the kool-aid. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

15 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Kelton and Bobby are best friends. Bobby met Tori through Kelton. 

Also that post sounds like all of Bobby's other (few) posts and like someone who was going to do ministry at one point. Bobby is deep in the kool-aid. 

So Bobby is 100 percent out of the formal ministry at this point right?

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

So Bobby is 100 percent out of the formal ministry at this point right?

He is. He is the office manager for Tennessee Standard and he and Tori attend Gil's church.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

He is. He is the office manager for Tennessee Standard and he and Tori attend Gil's church.

We never found out why correct?

• Upvote 3

Love the name Charlotte. It's one of those timeless names. Cambree is just a nope for me. Why not Catherine or Cassandra even? To this day, what Josie named her children are still my favourite. I would choose those names myself.

Anyways... 2 boys and 2 girls seems like a nice combo. Wish they would stop there but we know that won't happen unless if some kind of major medical issue comes up. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic