IGNORED

Maxwell 37: The Moody Family Buys Matching Vests to Wear to Jesse's Wedding

Coconut Flan

I checked out those paperdolls on the company's website. My God, they were in their UNDERWEAR!! To be honest, I could really see Steve/Chris having a problem with that. AND there was a photo of a boy colouring the dresses of the dolls...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4

New post up... I'm no photographer so perhaps someone with some skill could explain to me why the house is on a severe lean in the first photo. I stared at it for about 10 minutes and then it was making me woozy so I stopped.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, jegfile said:

New post up... I'm no photographer so perhaps someone with some skill could explain to me why the house is on a severe lean in the first photo. I stared at it for about 10 minutes and then it was making me woozy so I stopped.

If you look on the right side of the photo, you'll see that the porch railing is leaning more or less equally the other direction.  I think this is what happens when the photographer uses a zoom lens to get a wider view.

I notice interior house shots in real estate listings do the same.  I understand wanting to get more in the frame than would otherwise fit, but it irks me because it totally changes the spatial sense of how the room is laid out..l

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

Did Christopher shave his head? I can't tell who is pushing the stroller in the orange shirt in the third to last picture. 

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

Did Christopher shave his head? I can't tell who is pushing the stroller in the orange shirt in the third to last picture. 

Huh, I zoomed in and I wonder if that is him. Perhaps in support of his wife? That would be, dare I say, nice?

• Upvote 6

Just now, ElizaB said:

Huh, I zoomed in and I wonder if that is him. Perhaps in support of his wife? That would be, dare I say, nice?

That was my thought too. 

That would be the sort of thing that would interesting to read in the blog vs. crap they come up with. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Well, they still haven't mentioned Jesse's engagement, so posting about Christopher shaving his head to support his wife would be far too up-to-date.

• Upvote 12

Speaking of Jesse's engagement to Anna 3.0: Do we know if their wedding is still scheduled for the original date?

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Speaking of Jesse's engagement to Anna 3.0: Do we know if their wedding is still scheduled for the original date?

I was thinking the same thing.  I know of several people who was suppose to weddings in the next several months & they were all postponed. 

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I know of several people who was suppose to weddings in the next several months & they were all postponed. 

My niece was originally getting married June 27. Two weeks ago, they set a new date of September 26th. New location, new everything. After almost a year of planning, they hit the reset button and are planning all over with 5 months. 

It's a pain in the ass, and she shed a ton of tears when our stay at home order was extended to the end of May. But, she has big girl panties, compassion & common sense. After a weekend of worry & freaking out, they chose a new venue and took an available date after summer, and started over. 

It's a painful choice for brides & grooms to make, but those without agenda reach the point of just doing what is right, not fighting everyone and everything to get what they want. 

I can't imagine going through with a wedding at this time. A marriage, sure - go to the courthouse or whatever, get married in your yard with a photographer 6 feet away, live life. Plan a party later. But an actual wedding, with people & death preaching - selfish & dangerous.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 6

@fundiefan,  my middle daughter's BFF (well, one of them anyway), a young woman who I consider my honorary daughter, has been fostering a sweet little girl who loves flamingos for the past several years.  Their adoption court date was supposed to be last Tuesday.  Many of her friends were going to be at the courthouse for the happy occasion.  Then it was postponed, date to be determined and then finally scheduled for a web hearing on Friday.  We didn't have a celebration on Friday, but my daughter organized a little parade so people could congratulate Cyndi and her new officially hers daughter on Saturday.  It is possible to do family celebrations, but you may need to tweak your plans right now.  

• Upvote 6
  • Love 8

53 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@fundiefan,  my middle daughter's BFF (well, one of them anyway), a young woman who I consider my honorary daughter, has been fostering a sweet little girl who loves flamingos for the past several years.  Their adoption court date was supposed to be last Tuesday.  Many of her friends were going to be at the courthouse for the happy occasion.  Then it was postponed, date to be determined and then finally scheduled for a web hearing on Friday.  We didn't have a celebration on Friday, but my daughter organized a little parade so people could congratulate Cyndi and her new officially hers daughter on Saturday.  It is possible to do family celebrations, but you may need to tweak your plans right now.  

Love the parade idea!  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

How did I miss Jesse getting married?  Who is Anna Craig?  How are they going to get married when weddings all over the country are cancelled?  

5 hours ago, theologygeek said:

How did I miss Jesse getting married?  Who is Anna Craig?  How are they going to get married when weddings all over the country are cancelled?  

Some FJ internet sleuthers found their wedding registry.  https://www.myregistry.com/ext/wedding-registry/anna-craig-jesse-maxwell-ks/5745108

• Upvote 3

On 4/27/2020 at 9:36 AM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'll give her a pass on this, they are all she has.  

Yep. Just like we can give her a pass for her wanting Ellie to have the babies she never will have herself.

• I Agree 4

Fundies often livestream their weddings anyway. So many Jesse and Anna with keep the original plan. Sarah Mally just did it. 

• Upvote 7

41 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Fundies often livestream their weddings anyway. So many Jesse and Anna with keep the original plan. Sarah Mally just did it. 

They probably will do that. I don’t think they will postponed. Steve would be upset over it. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

Hang on, I’ve just reread A day in the life of Anna - 

She sits down to work twice in the day. The morning mentions a phone call plus 1 hour 30 minutes of task.

She then heads over to Melanie’s for an hour, during which she prepares lunch and does a couple of other things.

Then she has a long enough lunch break to eat and bake cookies for “a dad” - that would be a brother I guess.

Then back to work - and she finishes before 4, because 4pm is Aunties playtime.

My head is spinning in disbelief here that this is what’s deemed a busy hardworking life with a schedule so complicated that it takes that much planning. 

I used to finish work at 4pm sometimes. But I started at 7am! So I left my home at 6:15am! And I didn’t stop! I for sure didn’t have enough lunch break to make cookies! 

I am sorry but for Steve to have the nerve to call other young people working in grocery stores or just, you know, people who haven’t been raised like his lazy and unmotivated- he needs a damn reality check! That schedule is ridiculous for someone in their twenties with no children. She should be working properly. And Sarah’s isn’t any better. 

Get over yourselves Maxwells! I would much rather and be prouder of my son or daughter be working full time in a supermarket or cleaning or anything then doing what seems like barely 3 hours of work a day. I think it’s disgusting personally.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 14

Ok this is very strange ignore my post above this about Anna’s daily schedule - I posted that in the other thread discussion (She’s a woman thread) in response to the discussion over there - I don’t know why it’s appeared here!  Please ignore

• Upvote 3

@allyisyourpally5, I read it first in the Seriously Steve thread and voted "I agree" with your post and then immediately afterward saw it posted her along with my reaction.  Must be a board glitch.  I'd let the mods know.  I think it belongs in this thread, btw.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@allyisyourpally5, I read it first in the Seriously Steve thread and voted "I agree" with your post and then immediately afterward saw it posted her along with my reaction.  Must be a board glitch.  I'd let the mods know.  I think it belongs in this thread, btw.  

Someone moved it to this thread because it's not a "seriously" topic.  No glitch.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

On 4/30/2020 at 11:29 AM, jegfile said:

I'm still astounded by how much better a writer Anna Marie is compared to Sarah

I'm thinking a) She was allowed to read a lot wider section of books; b) her parents used a real-world homeschool curriculum and/or c) they had more family they saw regularly who lived in the real work d) she was older when they found the cult or e)all of the above [I know nothing about Anna's family]

• Upvote 13

It always seemed weird to me how Sarah doesn't contribute much to the household. For example, everyone else is helping out at Chris' but her. Does she claim to be working on her book full time so she doesn't have time to do chores?

If so, it's been 2 years since the last one came out, and according to this https://www.printerinks.com/how-long-to-write-famous-books.html it's the same time it took to write "The Hobbit: there and back again". She's just not very productive, no one in that family is.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

1 minute ago, freejugar said:

It always seemed weird to me how Sarah doesn't contribute much to the household. For example, everyone else is helping out at Chris' but her. Does she claim to be working on her book full time so she doesn't have time to do chores?

If so, it's been 2 years since the last one came out, and according to this https://www.printerinks.com/how-long-to-write-famous-books.html it's the same time it took to write "The Hobbit: there and back again". She's just not very productive, no one in that family is.

I like to think it's a result of a come to Jesus meeting where she lost her shit on S and T and told them, "Look, I already raised your children.  I'm done." and held her ground and wasn't sorry.

I think we all know whatever the reason it's not that, but it would be nice.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 7

39 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I like to think it's a result of a come to Jesus meeting where she lost her shit on S and T and told them, "Look, I already raised your children.  I'm done." and held her ground and wasn't sorry.

I think we all know whatever the reason it's not that, but it would be nice.

"Oh, and by the way, I'm getting a dog of my own and I don't want you to tell me how you have to pray about it like you did when we were kids.  I'm getting one, dammit!"

It's a really nice thought, but, yeah, probably not.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic