IGNORED

Maxwell 37: The Moody Family Buys Matching Vests to Wear to Jesse's Wedding

Coconut Flan

I can’t imagine living in the Borg house as newly weds. My theory is he’s got another house and it just hasn’t been blogvertized about yet. 

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I'd be stunned if he moved outside the perimeter of the compound....remember how upset they were when Joseph moved almost a mile away?

Worst case scenario would be then staying at the main house temporarily until they find a place.  Once night under Steve and Teri's roof would be too much for me, but it could be a while before they can find a place given the lockdown.  Hope that's not it.

I wish I could stay the night there. They would never let me back. I stay up late to read. Even as a kid. I’d have a flashlight under my covers and stay up all hours of the night. I have big breast for my frame size, two shirts won’t make them look smaller. I like flavor in my food. I watch tv. I can also debate religion better than anyone in that house. 
I think it would be amazing if Jesse moved away. It would shake things up so much. Maybe enough to get Teri back on the Pepsi and put Steve in an early grave. 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, kpmom said:

Yes, I thought it was generally a male name.  My son likes an NHL player with that name.

Patrice Bergeron?  Or the retired legend Patrice Brisebois?

Along with Additional Anna, I really like Anna 3.0 as well. So thank you to whoever said it!

Think about it: Sarah is 38 years, and the newest Maxx bride will be HALF HER AGE. I really do feel for Sarah. This can't be easy for her at all, but now she has "an ally" in Reversal Anna who has been skipped over, too.

• Upvote 9

17 hours ago, Bethy said:

Well, they said the PICTURES were taken pre-quarantine. That doesn't mean they haven't been together since then - just that none of the featured blog pictures didn't violate the current orders.

I was pleased, yet saddened, to see GiGi participating in the flag ceremony alone in her driveway. Sad because she's clearly alone, but pleased that they seem to be taking the steps to protect her.

And I don't remember seeing anything about church in the age of coronavirus in this most recent post, but Chelsy's blog shows them partaking of the services in her home church via internet. Good for them.

I was sad to see Gigi standing in her driveway like that. The Maxwell family have mentioned Gigi regularly partaking in the flag ceremony with the children.

I have a feeling that the Maxwell's are doing what John and Chelsy are doing which is watching a live stream of the service. It wouldn't surprise me if they had something set up with the nursing home allowing them to do a service that way.

As for the family seeing each other remember the entire family lives within a two mile radius. Each person in the family depending on the weather can do one of those drive by car parades or walk by the house and stand in front of it while talking. Christopher's family can easily communicate as his family lives in the backyard and Nathan's family lives across the street. So, I can see them being able to see each other easily while social distancing and taking precaution.

I just hope that some of their followers take the Maxwell's advice and do what they are doing. Some of the fundie families discussed on Free Jinger aren't because it is all up to God and Jesus. The CEO of Hobby Lobby had a fit about shutting down over a vision his wife had of Christ. Leave it to a pandemic to have the Maxwell's be the example the fundie world needs. 

• Upvote 6

7 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Leave it to a pandemic to have the Maxwell's be the example the fundie world needs. 

Lol. I have said it before and I will say it again, despite the absolute weirdness of the Maxwell family, the one thing they have going for them is they seem to respect medical knowledge and follow the advice of real medical professionals.

As much as they talk about knowing where they are going when they die, I don't think any of them - especially Steve - have any real desire to go "there" any time soon so it doesn't shock me they are taking social distancing seriously.

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I wish I could stay the night there. They would never let me back. I stay up late to read. Even as a kid. I’d have a flashlight under my covers and stay up all hours of the night. I have big breast for my frame size, two shirts won’t make them look smaller. I like flavor in my food. I watch tv. I can also debate religion better than anyone in that house. 
I think it would be amazing if Jesse moved away. It would shake things up so much. Maybe enough to get Teri back on the Pepsi and put Steve in an early grave. 

Back on the Pepsi is right.  I'm so stealing that for use irl.  No one will know what it means but it will amuse me.

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 15

57 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Lol. I have said it before and I will say it again, despite the absolute weirdness of the Maxwell family, the one thing they have going for them is they seem to respect medical knowledge and follow the advice of real medical professionals.

As much as they talk about knowing where they are going when they die, I don't think any of them - especially Steve - have any real desire to go "there" any time soon so it doesn't shock me they are taking social distancing seriously.

Honestly, that is how I feel about the Maxwells as well. I really think that soon we are going to read a post about the family doing one of those drive by parades to Gigi and other family members. Not only that but we are going to get a seeing each other while social distancing one with photos of them standing six feet apart and eating dinner while using zoom. 

I have the same feeling as well about Steve as well. He and Teri completely redid their diet after he had heart issues. I got a bit of a kick out of the fact that Teri had to learn how to actually cook meals without depending on her daughters as much since they aren't adhering the diet and not depend on using canned food. There are little things about the Maxwell family that surprises me.

• Upvote 9

19 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Honestly, that is how I feel about the Maxwells as well. I really think that soon we are going to read a post about the family doing one of those drive by parades to Gigi and other family members. Not only that but we are going to get a seeing each other while social distancing one with photos of them standing six feet apart and eating dinner while using zoom. 

I have the same feeling as well about Steve as well. He and Teri completely redid their diet after he had heart issues. I got a bit of a kick out of the fact that Teri had to learn how to actually cook meals without depending on her daughters as much since they aren't adhering the diet and not depend on using canned food. There are little things about the Maxwell family that surprises me.

I was shocked that Steve didn't require everyone to adhere to his new diet.  Allowing others to have a less restrictive diet is quite un-Maxwellian.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Patrice Bergeron?  Or the retired legend Patrice Brisebois?

Oh maaaan, I loved Patrice Brisebois back in the day!

• Love 1

8 hours ago, fundiefan said:

By the looks of the online pictures of Jesse's house, the tenants are already out. I assumed they moved out then he decided to sell for whatever reason. I just assumed he bought it to flip. Timing isn't ideal, but as awful as the Maxwell's are, I don't think he kicked out the tenants just to sell. Initially they were just redoing the bathrooms, but the pictures show a totally redone house, which is why I think his plan all along was to flip. He bought it two years before marriage, he never had a plan to live there - at least not in the immediate future (at the time).

I can’t find the house on Zillow, can you link where the photos are?

• Upvote 4

I thought for a second that Chris had a ponytail, but it was just the angle of his head and the sofa.  Also, good to see Arnold. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

The pic of Ruthie's birthday I think that's the only time I've seen Teri with natural smile looking genuinely happy.  She looked lovely in that pic, and surprisingly like Sarah.  I think Anna favors Teri very much, but I've never seen the resemblance between Sarah and her mom until now.  

• Upvote 5

That is a great house for a growing Maxwell family. There is plenty of room for them to live there even if they have 4 kids in 4 years. I wonder why he is selling.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

I don't understand why he would sale the house if he's getting married. Thought that was the whole reason for buying it in the first place. The timing for everything is a little off to me. I wonder when the Lord "laid it" on his heart to ask permission to marry. And we know he had to talk it over with Steve and pray about it. I'm very disappointed for Anna if she has to stay with Steve and Teri for a while. Talking about NO newlywed privacy. So unfair...

• Upvote 7

On 4/9/2020 at 12:57 PM, meee said:

Why would the website already say "five married children?" Is it possible that, seeing that corona lockdowns were coming, they got married on the down-low and the wedding registry is out of date?

I think Jesse maintains that part of the website and he's having a bit of fun with us. You just know that of all the Maxwells, Jesse is the one most likely to read here.

16 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

If that's Jesse's house, it answers the question of whether he likes grey. Or at least recognizes that it is the hot, on-trend decorating color these days.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I was shocked that Steve didn't require everyone to adhere to his new diet.  Allowing others to have a less restrictive diet is quite un-Maxwellian.

Same, but for some reason I think there would have been a bit of a rebellion in the household. Plus, knowing the family they are all eating the same meals. So, I have a feeling the Maxwells who are currently living at home have been some what but not really adhering to the diet.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

That is the best looking and modern house out of the brothers so far (no one has seen Joseph’s), but I love the brick and the natural light. I wonder if he will be the one to break away and move near her family. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That is a great house for a growing Maxwell family. There is plenty of room for them to live there even if they have 4 kids in 4 years. I wonder why he is selling.

Which is why I am wondering/hoping that Jesse will be moving to where the Craig's live. Nothing else makes sense. It is a lovely home on the same street as one of his brothers and walking distance to the mother ship. It makes no sense to sell.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

The Craigs live even further away than the Bontragers. I don’t know if Steve would be ok with that. I feel like he would guilt him into staying. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Leave it to a pandemic to have the Maxwell's be the example the fundie world needs. 

I wonder if they're more attuned to the actual risks of COVID-19 because of NR-Anna's current health situation? Maybe they'd be reckless - probably not Rodrigues-level reckless, but much more open mingling with the "extended family" - if they weren't being schooled about how much this could affect an immunocompromised person, and more empathetic because they actually have one in the ranks.

• Upvote 6

If anyone is curious, here are pictures of the house before Jesse bought it. He really did a nice job with the flip. I am too tired to try to research what he paid, but the last price drop before he bought was to $120k so I assume he paid around that. Assuming he gets close to what he is asking, he did quite well with this investment.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1900-Thornton-St_Leavenworth_KS_66048_M81143-17169

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

Jesse's photos are far better. That alone is worth a ton.

There are a lot of cosmetic changes that really improve it. He's cleaned everything up and put a fresh coat of paint on the walls. He's ripped down the patio fence and maybe pressure-washed the siding? All of that he could do on his own or with his siblings.

The big changes are the kitchen remodel and the bathroom refreshes. No fixtures have been moved, so probably no plumbing or electrical changes; maybe some minor updates. No walls were moved. It's possible that he only got new faces for the cabinets and painted the originals, although he may have replaced them all. New fridge and range hood, but same dishwasher and stove.

All in all, lots of bang for his buck. I do wonder why he's selling, since it's a gorgeous place? I guess we'll see where he and Anna end up.

As for the nickname debate, I'm not a huge fan of nicknames; I think they can be disrespectful (and while I know that's the point, it disrespects the person rather than the cult or the puppet-master.) I would suggest just using Anna Craig's maiden name as an identifier. Bonus that it'll annoy Steve because it'll remind him that she has a family of her own and Jesse is no longer solely part of the Maxwell borg.

Edited by Jigsaw3
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic