IGNORED

Maxwell 37: The Moody Family Buys Matching Vests to Wear to Jesse's Wedding

Coconut Flan

14 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I really don't get all the criticism from so many here on WHERE Anna-Marie is getting chemo.  The important thing here is SHE IS GETTING CHEMO.  Many are the same people that when this started were convinced that she would get no treatment because 'God" or "Steve would say no" or whatever other reasons people were coming up with.  The Maxwells are weird but they seem to follow medical advise and up until this point Anna-Marie seems to be no exception to this.  If she is getting treatment in Seattle, it is likely the best treatment recommended by her medical professionals and wasn't chosen on a whim.  I am sure she weighed the pros and cons and decided three months away from her family was a small sacrifice to hopefully have a lifetime with them.

I don't see it as criticism...I see skepticism (which I share) due to them initially calling it natural chemo.  That is often used by charlatans who aren't dispensing medical treatment.  But then she also referred to is as medical chemo, so I think people are just hoping it's legitimate.

I think it's just wondering why, when they live close enough to other major cities for medical treatment.  Her family being out there makes a lot of sense to me, and I hope that's why it was chosen.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 10

14 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I really don't get all the criticism from so many here on WHERE Anna-Marie is getting chemo.  The important thing here is SHE IS GETTING CHEMO.  <snip> If she is getting treatment in Seattle, it is likely the best treatment recommended by her medical professionals and wasn't chosen on a whim.  I am sure she weighed the pros and cons and decided three months away from her family was a small sacrifice to hopefully have a lifetime with them.

Because there's chemotherapy and then there's "chemotherapy" and from things Anna posted on the blog it could very well be this place: https://www.lifespringcancer.com/our-treatment/low-dose-metronomic-chemotherapy, which practices Christ-centered cancer therapy, or one of the other Naturopathic cancer treatment centers in the Seattle area.  I hope not. I hope she's at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance or UWMC or Swedish Cancer Institute, but if that's the case she could receive the same therapy closer to home. If she's at Lifespring, I hope they are more legit than they appear to be on their website. I hope Anna handles treatment well, goes into remission, and lives a long and healthy life.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 5

On 4/11/2020 at 12:11 AM, Bethy said:

I wonder if they're more attuned to the actual risks of COVID-19 because of NR-Anna's current health situation? Maybe they'd be reckless - probably not Rodrigues-level reckless, but much more open mingling with the "extended family" - if they weren't being schooled about how much this could affect an immunocompromised person, and more empathetic because they actually have one in the ranks.

I have a feeling they are. However, Steve and Teri do have degrees in science. Plus, Gigi is aging so they still may have been worried about her. Also, Chelsy being pregnant they may have taken into consideration for the sake of her and her unborn child. For some reason, though, I don't think they would be as reckless as the Rod's. The Maxwell family, despite everything I and many disagree with, seem to be some what educated and pay attention to what is going on. So, I think even without NR-Anna's condition they would still take precautions. 

55 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Because there's chemotherapy and then there's "chemotherapy" and from things Anna posted on the blog it could very well be this place: https://www.lifespringcancer.com/our-treatment/low-dose-metronomic-chemotherapy, which practices Christ-centered cancer therapy, or one of the other Naturopathic cancer treatment centers in the Seattle area.  I hope not. I hope she's at Seattle Cancer Care Alliance or UWMC or Swedish Cancer Institute, but if that's the case she could receive the same therapy closer to home. If she's at Lifespring, I hope they are more legit than they appear to be on their website. I hope Anna handles treatment well, goes into remission, and lives a long and healthy life.

Yeah, I agree. When the Don Staddon Sr. had cancer the family chose to go to a treatment center in Mexico, I think, that did not have chemotherapy. This place primarily focused on a natural health care resources. I have a feeling that Anna Marie is going to be going that way as well with some chemo. I'm not sure about how the treatments would interact. I just hope that she is able to fully recover. 

• Upvote 6

I think there's a lot of reasons to be wary of going all the way to Seattle for treatment. Her family being out there doesn't seem enough of a reason to me, to be honest. They could come to her. Plus, the Maxwells are basically next door and already helping out. 

I'm hoping Anna is getting the best possible, scientifically based treatment there is, but this is a family that doesn't use microwaves because of "health concerns". I wonder at this choice. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

I don't see why Prissy Chris and the kids can't go to Seattle with her.  Chris could work remotely for Swift Otter I think.  Since he works for his brother getting time off shouldn't be an issue either.  Unless he has a bunch of wedding jobs lined up oh who am I kidding.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

25 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I think there's a lot of reasons to be wary of going all the way to Seattle for treatment. Her family being out there doesn't seem enough of a reason to me, to be honest. They could come to her. Plus, the Maxwells are basically next door and already helping out. 

I'm hoping Anna is getting the best possible, scientifically based treatment there is, but this is a family that doesn't use microwaves because of "health concerns". I wonder at this choice. 

The place she is going to is called Life Springs and is religious based. I have a feeling that is why they are going with this particular treatment center. I'm sure there are many treatment centers near where she can get treatment, but not up to Maxwell standards.

Plus, I have a feeling they are going with a place that is going to do their best to let Anna Marie keep her hair. Yes, I know many people who go through chemo do lose their hair. However, I don't see Anna Marie and Christopher and family being okay with that until the doctors say otherwise.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

I don't see why Prissy Chris and the kids can't go to Seattle with her.  Chris could work remotely for Swift Otter I think.  Since he works for his brother getting time off shouldn't be an issue either.  Unless he has a bunch of wedding jobs lined up oh who am I kidding.

Bringing 6 kids for her parents and siblings to care for is a lot of attention away from Anna.  She deserves to have caretakers available to her, as long as it's possible.   Also with older kids she would have to put on a brave face and be strong for them and if there is ever a time she should be able to focus on her own needs and feelings it's now.  

26 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Her family being out there doesn't seem enough of a reason to me, to be honest.

I think it depends on what she needs emotionally and how well her family can provide that.

I had major surgery several years ago and when I was coming to in post-op I saw a nurse with dark hair from behind and I can still remember how incredibly relieved I was, I called her "Mommy" and was sure she was my mom (who had been a nurse) and when she turned to me and I realized she wasn't my mom I sobbed and felt so alone.  My mom had been gone at that point for almost 20 years.  

There has never been a time in my life where I was sick and hurting that I didn't ache for my mother.  When the chips were down health wise there is no one who could ever embody comfort, safety, and love the way she did.  

So for me...I could absolutely see wanting to be near her if she were alive.  I can't imagine anyone aches for Teri when they need love and comfort.  

6 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The place she is going to is called Life Springs and is religious based. I have a feeling that is why they are going with this particular treatment center. I'm sure there are many treatment centers near where she can get treatment, but not up to Maxwell standards.

Has this been confirmed?

• Upvote 8
  • Love 21

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Has this been confirmed?

I believe so, Anna has posted in the past about going to a place that is religious based. Teri mentioned the location is about 45 minutes from her family in Washington. Life Springs does fit right in there, it is a religious cancer treatment center in Seattle, Washington. So, I and a few others, are assuming this is the place she is going. 

• Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Thank You 2

Call me naive, or elitist, or a skeptic, but if Lifespring Cancer Center is where Anna is going to be treated, I hope the Maxwells double up on their time with Jesus to pray for her health. While the metronomic treatment sounds good, the rest of the operation looks a littlelot woo. I’m also a little concerned by some major health insurances I don’t see listed under those that approve Lifespring. They do offer a kind-of explanation that the list isn’t all inclusive, but wouldn’t you list all of the major insurance carriers who will pay for your treatment if you’re trying to attract patients?

I’m not getting a good feeling about this, but fervently hope I’m wrong. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I believe so, Anna has posted in the past about going to a place that is religious based. 

Do you remember which post? I can’t find it. 

• Upvote 2

I did not know that Anna would be with her family during chemo. Now that makes more sense to me. I'm sure Maxwell daughters would be helpful during chemo but I'm also pretty sure that there  is a price to that care ie a  load of passive aggressive judgement from Steve and Teri and likely Christopher as well.  As it is, I suspect she'll still get  blow back - but hopefully it will start when she's done with chemo and feeling  stronger.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

As someone who lost my mom to cancer at age 7.....I hope that those children don’t loose their mom.

And as a mom, I Hope Anna is receiving proper and adequate medical treatment. And if it’s more “natural” and “religious care” and it doesn’t show progress, that she gets actual treatment in time.

I half wonder though if she’s going to far away so that the children don’t see her at her worst? Chemo is nasty stuff, and if she is having proper chemo, not natural chemo - it’s not just seeing mommy go bald and pale. It makes you so sick (cancer survivor here, there’s a pattern in my family) - you can completely loose control of both ends of your body, you can’t do anything, you can turn so deathly pale that you almost look blue. She won’t be able to look after Simon like that, but maybe her family will be looking after him so that Christopher doesn’t have to handle a baby alone. Maybe that’s the plan. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 24

22 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I have a feeling they are. However, Steve and Teri do have degrees in science. Plus, Gigi is aging so they still may have been worried about her. Also, Chelsy being pregnant they may have taken into consideration for the sake of her and her unborn child. For some reason, though, I don't think they would be as reckless as the Rod's. The Maxwell family, despite everything I and many disagree with, seem to be some what educated and pay attention to what is going on. So, I think even without NR-Anna's condition they would still take precautions. 

I was glad to see from Sarah's most recent Day in the Life post that they are practicing social distancing with the extended family.

I like the picture of GiGi doing the pledge of allegiance from her driveway while Anna and Christopher's kids raised the flag in their yard.  It sounds like they are taking it seriously.  Plus it was nice seeing GiGi looking so well.

• Upvote 7

16 hours ago, JemimaPuddle-Duck said:

Do you remember which post? I can’t find it. 

Teri in the comments mentioned Anna Marie mentioned it in the comments for a post on March 30th. 

• Upvote 2

I'm just going to throw this out here (this is SPECULATION), but I have a feeling Sarah, Anna, and/or Mary temporarily moved in with Christopher and is self-isolating with them. That way Chris will have help with the remaining five kids with school, playtime, etc. while Anna Marie is getting medical help. Personally, I think a decision like this was made when Anna Marie made the decision to head out to Seattle. The Maxwell's haven't posted about one of their dutiful daughters moving in behind them, so this is just SPECULATION. Any thoughts?

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I'm just going to throw this out here (this is SPECULATION), but I have a feeling Sarah, Anna, and/or Mary temporarily moved in with Christopher and is self-isolating with them. That way Chris will have help with the remaining five kids with school, playtime, etc. while Anna Marie is getting medical help. Personally, I think a decision like this was made when Anna Marie made the decision to head out to Seattle. The Maxwell's haven't posted about one of their dutiful daughters moving in behind them, so this is just SPECULATION. Any thoughts?

If that's the case I doubt it's Sarah as she made it clear in her post that Mary, Anna, and Teri would be helping Christopher with the kids.

It's just another weirdness...so regimented a collective "we" wouldn't do.  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I remember, when Anna Marie was posting about head lice treatment, one of the things she was wondering about was whether she’d have to cut the girls’ long hair. It’s telling that that was one of her concerns with regards to head lice. 

• Upvote 7

3 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I remember, when Anna Marie was posting about head lice treatment, one of the things she was wondering about was whether she’d have to cut the girls’ long hair. It’s telling that that was one of her concerns with regards to head lice. 

What did she say about it?  Was it like a religious thing, because if it was just about not wanting to cut their hair to deal with lice that's totally normal...I wouldn't want to do that for my daughter or myself, either.

22 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

@NancyDrewFan1989,  you very well could be right in your speculation.  We can't expect Chris to care for his children, can we?  Are all, he's a man!

Loathe as I am to defend a Maxwell, I can imagine this is not the time for them to go without income and even if he's working from home he can't do that while watching the kids let alone homeschooling them.

• Upvote 19

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What did she say about it?  Was it like a religious thing, because if it was just about not wanting to cut their hair to deal with lice that's totally normal...I wouldn't want to do that for my daughter or myself, either.

<snip>

I think it was to do with lice treatment. Fair enough about not wanting to cut the hair to deal with lice. She clearly hadn’t come across headlice before, and I guess you’d be worried about that kind of thing! It just jumped out at me when I read the lice post, is all. I guess hair length is up to the individual family; Melanie has always had relatively short hair (in comparison to NR-Anna) and Bethany and Christina have never had their hair longer than a bob. Abby has always had pretty long hair, apart from one time when she too had a bob cut. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 4/13/2020 at 2:42 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't see it as criticism...I see skepticism (which I share) due to them initially calling it natural chemo.  That is often used by charlatans who aren't dispensing medical treatment.  But then she also referred to is as medical chemo, so I think people are just hoping it's legitimate.

I think it's just wondering why, when they live close enough to other major cities for medical treatment.  Her family being out there makes a lot of sense to me, and I hope that's why it was chosen.

I'm still guessing Anna Marie plans to seek treatment at Bastyr naturepathic medicine in Kenmore Washington.  In the search bar, I put breast cancer treatment and all sorts of woo was on offer.

Washington (my state) has been sheltering in place for weeks.  No one who does not live in your household is to enter the home.  Family included.

This doesn't count essential services such as a plumber.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://aanmc.org/naturopathic-schools/bastyr/&ved=2ahUKEwiRnKb5sOnoAhUJuZ4KHajSAeYQFjASegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw3Nkm70oYouyAS7BSNKuOf8&cshid=1586917975544

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Basically, Anna Marie didn't want to cut their long hair. It is a very common lice treatment in the event of an outbreak for long hair to be cut. In a very serious of infestation they shave the head as well. I think that is what Anna Marie was getting at. She and her daughters all have long hair that is just growing and growing. Chances are if the case got worse, then they would have to cut the girls hair to a shorter length.

2 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

@NancyDrewFan1989,  you very well could be right in your speculation.  We can't expect Chris to care for his children, can we?  Are all, he's a man!

I don't just think it is his ability to care for the children, but the fact that he could be working from home. I have a feeling at the beginning when the decision was made for NR Anna to go to Seattle, it was going to be her, Chris, and Simon Peter. Their kids would stay with Steve, Teri and their spinster aunts. However, when the pandemic happened they had to make changes to their plans as traveling in and out of state for them could have been complicated based on restrictions set by the governors of Washington and Kansas. Chris can work from home, but he still would have to care for five kids without having the assistance of his parents and/or one of his sisters. So, it would shock me, when restrictions came down the decision was made for one or two of his sisters to pack their bags and self isolate with them for the time being to help him out. After all he is self employed and might be able to make a steady income during this time. Like I said speculating.

• Upvote 5
  • Confused 1

Under comments, on April 13th, someone asked if Anna is going to have traditional chemotherapy in Seattle, or the other kind that Anna had talked about earlier.  Teri answered and said the other kind.  So not traditional chemotherapy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Angry 2
  • Sad 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic