IGNORED

House of Representatives 2: Nancy is in Charge

GreyhoundFan

Good grief, they’re like a bunch of school kids playing hooky. 

What do the House rules— if any— say about non-attendance for frivolous reasons? And then lying about it?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 2/26/2021 at 6:34 PM, thoughtful said:

Wait - right-wing, Trump-loving Republicans are lying?

Who'da thunk it?

?

Well... they might not quite be lying. It’ll just take a week or two to see how much of a public health emergency surge they’ve caused by gathering for CPAC. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

Speaking of Gym Jordan:

Spoiler

• Thank You 7

2 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Speaking of Gym Jordan:

Speaking of cancel culture, I wonder if he’ll want this particular project canceled.  ?  I’ll look forward to watching. 

• Upvote 9

His lying, misogynistic and predatory character fits in so well with the rest of the repugliklans. Birds of a feather, and all that.

• I Agree 5
  • Thank You 6

The internetz are letting Gym Jordan have it over his dumb fuckery. 

Critics nailed the hypocrisy of Republicans railing against “cancel culture” ― and pointed out what Jordan could be better spending his time addressing

I think I like this one the most. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 5

"House ethics office says there’s ‘substantial reason to believe’ Rep. Steven Palazzo misused campaign, congressional funds"

A House ethics panel says there is “substantial reason to believe” that Rep. Steven M. Palazzo (R-Miss.) misused his campaign and congressional funds, according to a report made public Monday.

The Office of Congressional Ethics (OCE), which produced the 47-page report last summer after a months-long probe, also said that Palazzo “may have performed official actions to assist his brother,” Kyle Palazzo, in potential violation of House rules and federal law.

The probe was prompted by a complaint last March from the nonprofit Campaign Legal Center, which accused Palazzo of using his campaign contributions as a “personal slush fund” through which he paid “himself and his spouse nearly $200,000,” including $60,000 in rent to his own farm.

In its report, the OCE said that it had found “limited evidence of campaign use of the property, especially to justify $60,000.00 in rent and thousands of dollars of additional charges to maintain the home and improve its marketability.”

The ethics office also said there was evidence that Palazzo “may have asked official staffers to perform campaign work and personal errands during the congressional workday.”

“And finally,” the report states, “the OCE found evidence that Rep. Palazzo may have used his official position and congressional resources to contact the Assistant Secretary of the Navy in order to assist his brother’s efforts to reenlist in the military.” It notes that, according to a former Palazzo staffer, Kyle Palazzo “was separated from the Navy for affecting a fraudulent enlistment.”

The report was sent in August to the House Committee on Ethics, which said in a statement Monday that it continues to review the matter.

Palazzo’s office did not respond to a request for comment Monday night.

In a letter to the House Committee on Ethics in October, Palazzo’s attorney, Gregg Harper, responded to the OCE’s report by urging lawmakers to dismiss the allegations and “take no further actions.”

“The OCE tries to paint a narrative of financial desperation which is patently false, as evidenced by the fact that [Palazzo] did not accept rent payments until he was three and a half months into the lease,” Harper said in the letter, which was made public Monday. “Any expenses paid by the campaign were authorized under the terms of the lease and were reasonable and necessary.”

Harper also maintained that Palazzo and his office “did not do anything ‘special’ for his brother.”

“To stay in office, a good Member treats every constituent like a VIP and that’s what Rep. Palazzo and his office consistently do,” Harper said.

In its report, the OCE recommended that the House Committee on Ethics subpoena Palazzo and more than a dozen other individuals and entities that declined to provide requested information to the panel during its probe.

• Thank You 3

5 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I mean, I want a day off too.

Imagine being so starved for attention that you'll resort to anything to stay in the news.

Look at me, I'm hanging up a sign to own the libs!

Look at me, I have this text on my mask to own the libs!

Look at me, I'm randomly motioning to adjourn to own the libs!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

I'm shocked, I tell you, shocked. /s "Former White House physician, now congressman Ronny Jackson bullied staff, made sexual remarks, report says"

Rep. Ronny Jackson (R-Tex.), a former White House physician to two presidents, bullied his staff, made inappropriate sexual comments about a female subordinate and exhibited an array of other concerning behavior, according to a Defense Department Inspector General report released Wednesday.

Jackson’s former colleagues vastly disapproved of his conduct and leadership within the White House Medical Unit, including screaming, belittling colleagues and fits of rage, which demoralized nurses and doctors, the report found.

Out of 60 people interviewed on Jackson’s command climate, only 13 had positive experiences to share, investigators said in the report, which was first reported by CNN.

Jackson, a retired two-star Navy rear admiral, “established a workplace where fear and intimidation were kind of the hallmarks of him, his command, and control of his subordinates,” one witness told investigators.

Jackson denied misconduct in a statement Wednesday, describing the report and the allegations that underpin them as partisan attacks. The allegations publicly surfaced in April 2018 following President Donald Trump’s nomination of Jackson as secretary of Veterans Affairs.

“Three years ago I was the subject of a political hit job because I stood with President Trump. Today, a Department of Defense Inspector General report has resurrected those same false allegations from my years with the Obama Administration because I have refused to turn my back on President Trump,” he said in a statement.

Jackson began work as a White House physician in the mid-2000s and was named the top presidential physician in 2013, serving as President Barack Obama’s doctor and then President Donald Trump’s. He was elected to represent a Texas district in November.

Witnesses recounted bizarre and sexually charged incidents during a presidential trip to the Philippines in April 2014, when Jackson served as Obama’s physician. Jackson pounded on the door of a female subordinate after midnight, she told investigators.

“You could smell the alcohol on his breath, and he leaned into my room and he said, ‘I need you.’ I felt really uncomfortable,” the witness said.

Jackson denied misusing alcohol in his statement.

Other witnesses described Jackson making remarks about the breasts and buttocks of other subordinates.

Investigators interviewed dozens of colleagues after tips poured into the Pentagon inspector general’s hotline following Trump’s nomination, the report said. Jackson withdrew his consideration after some details of the allegations were made public.

• Upvote 7

23 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

“You could smell the alcohol on his breath, and he leaned into my room and he said, ‘I need you.’ I felt really uncomfortable,” the witness said.

Jackson denied misusing alcohol in his statement.

Uhm, wouldn't being drunk be a mitigating factor?

Or is being drunk worse than sexual harassment, Ronnie?

• Upvote 6

48 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Complete with the playing of the victim card, along with all other 51 cards in that deck.  He's going on about how Democrats are being mean to him because he kissed OFM's hinder and called it ice fornicating cream. 

• Upvote 4

Louie, worried that Marjorie and Lauren have been garnering attention for their stupidity, once again makes it known that he's the dumbest man in the land:

• Upvote 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Louie, worried that Marjorie and Lauren have been garnering attention for their stupidity, once again makes it known that he's the dumbest man in the land:

How is this dumbass still in office? He has been spewing outright stupidity for waaaayyy too long. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

A-freaking-men:

• Love 12

In case you need another reason to avoid Lauren's restaurant:

• Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 3

So after this disgusting performance:

Stacey Plaskett comes back with this great speech:

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

Aaron, you cleaned up Lauren's grammar. She said someone was "beat to death," not "beaten."

She's a slug and a thug.

And bless Stacey Plaskett for giving that shit Grothman the scolding he so richly deserved.

• Upvote 7

Marjorie is once again leading the race to the bottom:

• Thank You 5

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Marjorie is once again leading the race to the bottom:

And here I was thinking she was completely on board with fascism, and would admire Mussolini. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

I’m glad the Democrats are finally pushing back against the Republicans. It’s such a pity they’ve only found the courage to do so in such a vociferous manner after they gained the majority. Why is that? 

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic