IGNORED

Man (Stories) during Corona

clueliss

Temporary Florida Man is stupid 

https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Fugitive-arrested-at-Fla-beach-by-officers-enforcing-coronavirus-restrictions-569779861.html

A man accused of killing a 33-year-old father in Pennsylvania is in custody after Florida police found him lounging on a beach that was recently reopened amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Mario Gatti, 30, is charged with giving false information and drug possession in Florida. In addition, he still faces a homicide charge in Pennsylvania. (Source: Jacksonville Beach Police/CNN)

While officers patrolled Jacksonville Beach to enforce social distancing rules Sunday morning, they spotted 30-year-old Mario Gatti. Since he wasn’t exercising, he was violating regulations.

When the officers approached Gatti, they identified him as a murder suspect and fugitive from Arnold, Pennsylvania. Gatti was taken into custody and charged with giving false information and drug possession. In addition, he still faces a homicide charge in Pennsylvania.

• WTF 5

Lindsey Dingus, the Rods' new buddy, thinks it's "profound" that we are being asked to stay six feet apart, because someone pointed out to him that the number six is associated with Satan.

Edited by thoughtful
punctuation
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 6

A Branch Covidian in action. 

An Orange County man has been arrested on suspicion of threatening a KTTV Channel 11 cameraman with a knife hours after a quarantine protest Friday in Huntington Beach.

Christien Petersen, 36, of Costa Mesa was taken into custody at 7:49 p.m. Friday for exhibiting a “deadly weapon other than [a] firearm” and for kidnapping, the Huntington Beach Police Department’s log stated.

Police said Petersen was allegedly intoxicated and upset when he was filmed by a Fox cameraman for a report in the aftermath of that day’s “Live Free or Die” protest, which focused on ending COVID-19 stay-at-home orders.

According to Angela Bennett, a Huntington Beach Police public information officer, Petersen asked the camera operator not to film him. Petersen then pulled out a small pocketknife and threatened the cameraman when he refused, police said.

Supposedly this dude is a lawyer. If so way to fornicate up your legal career dude. I imagine attorney discipline is in this near future at the least. 

• Upvote 8

A covidiot in the Netherlands who was arrested for coughing on people whilst shouting he had Covid19 and spat on the arresting police officers,  was sentenced in the courts but appealed his conviction. And... the court of appeals decided to double his original sentence, saying this type of behaviour under the current circumstances is downright unacceptable.

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 2
  • Love 2

The idiot Louisiana pastor was busted for assaulting a protester

• Sad 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

On 4/20/2020 at 12:21 PM, thoughtful said:

Lindsey Dingus, the Rods' new buddy, thinks it's "profound" that we are being asked to stay six feet apart, because someone pointed out to him that the number six is associated with Satan.

I figured it was so I could remember it.  "6 feet apart to keep people from being 6 feet deep"

• Upvote 5

A lawyer in Kentucky threatened the life of Kentucky's Governor and got his ass arrested.

A Kentucky lawyer was arrested for alleged online threats against the state’s governor, who has come under fire over his coronavirus lockdown.

James Gregory Troutman, 53, was charged with terroristic threatening, a misdemeanor, by the Kentucky State Police for his comments about Gov. Andy Beshear, according to NBC affiliate WAVE in Louisville.

On Facebook, Troutman said, “Maybe some should ask Beshear in a press conference on his thoughts on William Goebel,” referring to a former Kentucky governor who was shot a day before he was sworn into office and died a few days later. “For those who don’t know history, it’s a good read,” Troutman, of Louisville, wrote, according to court documents cited by WAVE.

In another thread discussing a rally protesting the state lockdown, Troutman replied to a comment on Facebook about the governor's possible attendance, saying “with any luck” Beshear would be shot at the rally.

Way to fuck up your legal career dude.

This guy's attorney is going on about how Troutman shouldn't be punished cause freedumb of speech.  If this guy's attorney had passed Constitutional Law in law school he'd know that there are some categories of speech that are not protected by the 1A.  Including threatening the lives of public officials.  

• Upvote 10

My mom was saying at lunch that my aunt said her neighbor was spouting Branch Trumpvidian horseshit. Namely the disease isn’t that bad and it’s all a giant conspiracy by Democrats.

I would be like dude are you sure you wanna play with the kind of fire that my mom and her sisters can bring to bear?  My aunt and uncle are strong union supporters and very very Democratic and my aunt’s fuckhead tolerance is lower than mine. 

• Upvote 7

Oh and about that Kentucky lawyer...if this was the same guy he really fucked up his career. 

Basically this wasn’t his first go round with the disciplinary folks in that state. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

Mind if I do a J?

A Canadian nurse has been charged with sneaking more than 150 pounds of marijuana into the U.S. by using her medical credentials — including a work badge from Henry Ford Hospital — to cross the border into Detroit, which is only open to essential travel because of the COVID-19 crisis.

“At a time when health care professionals are working overtime to keep us safe, it’s really shameful that anyone would exploit their status as a nurse to smuggle any kind of drug into our country,” U.S. Attorney Matthew Schneider said on Thursday, stressing:  “To stop the spread of the coronavirus, our Canadian border is open only for essential travel."

As the top prosecutor put it, smuggling 143 vacuum sealed bags of marijuana into the country "simply isn't essential."

Terri Leanne Maxwell, 48, a registered nurse from Amherstburg, Ontario, was charged Thursday with conspiracy, possession with intent to distribute, and importing more than 100 pounds of marijuana into the U.S. from Canada.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 8

I am laughing so hard at the nurse being named Terri Maxwell... I think the lockdown is getting to me, because that is hilarious. It would explain how the Maxwell's are debt free at least, heh.

• Haha 10

17 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I am laughing so hard at the nurse being named Terri Maxwell... I think the lockdown is getting to me, because that is hilarious. It would explain how the Maxwell's are debt free at least, heh.

You can hide a lot of little bags in a vest with the down taken out.

• Haha 7

A bunch of Branch Covidians up in Idaho got stupid with a cop about a playground being closed. 

A video has gone viral of a white woman getting arrested for refusing to leave a closed park, sparking a conversation on white privilege. 

Journalist Yashar Ali shared a clip of the video, said to be more than 40-minutes long, to Twitter on Thursday. The video, which was live-streamed on Facebook, according to KTVB7, was not available on Thursday afternoon. 

After Ali posted the video on Twitter, many expressed that they felt the women exhibited white privilege and that the officers even treated them differently than how they would have treated Black people. 

“The white privilege here is astounding. The Park is Closed. Closed. That means to you too, lady,” Twitter user @pliego_laura wrote.

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Buzzfeed has the 33 dumbest signs from lockdown protests

I think my two favourites are "Be Like Sweden" - so 80% top tax rate, gun regulation, free education and universal healthcare then? - and "Let My People Go-lf". Held by someone who looks to be in a higher risk group. 

*sigh*

I see the guy who’s threatening to do some LDS (ht Admiral Kirk) showed up on the list.  I’d tell him to go ahead and do do. From a safe distance of course. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

threatening to do some LDS (ht Admiral Kirk)

I get that reference!

Who knew Spock was Mormon?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Buzzfeed has the 33 dumbest signs from lockdown protests

I think my two favourites are "Be Like Sweden" - so 80% top tax rate, gun regulation, free education and universal healthcare then? - and "Let My People Go-lf". Held by someone who looks to be in a higher risk group. 

*sigh*

I don't understand #20. "The cure is the disease"? Really? And #21 reminds me of Greg and DeDe Haislip.

• Upvote 2

28 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

I get that reference!

Who knew Spock was Mormon?

Scary thing is that in seven short years that movie will be 40 years old.  (Yikes). 

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 4

This guy is lucky that several thousand people didn't have the same idea:

He never thought he’d be first to cross the finish line — or the last.

Despite the Boston Marathon being postponed until Sept. 14, one runner showed up Monday and apparently completed the 26.2-mile race as scheduled, according to WVBV in Massachusetts.

The unidentified sportsman reportedly showed up in Hopkinton, Ma., around 5 a.m. and finished his run on Beantown’s Boylston St., where only his family was there to greet him. No race officials were on hand.

“There was no one in the race at all. It was a beautiful day for it,” the runner reportedly said.

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/ny-man-runs-boston-marathon-by-himself-postponed-20200420-dcxgw6hwfveqffoxa5qtmx7w4q-story.html

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I actually feel kind of sorry for the guy. My cousin ran the race both of the last two years and I know what a big deal it is to qualify and to get to go run it. I hope he qualifies to run it next time.

I do disagree with his choice to put himself in others at risk by running the non-existent race.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

I actually feel kind of sorry for the guy. My cousin ran the race both of the last two years and I know what a big deal it is to qualify and to get to go run it. I hope he qualifies to run it next time.

I do disagree with his choice to put himself in others at risk by running the non-existent race.

It wasn't cancelled, it was postponed until September. So those who qualified can either run it in September or get a refund. Every race is cancelled, and it's been a giant pain in the ass - not all races offered refunds, we only got credit for flights, VRBOs/AirBNBs aren't refunding. We had 4 travel races lined up for this year and it's just been a huge disappointment. We didn't run them anyway. 

He said he wasn't going to do it if he couldn't maintain 6 ft distance between anyone else on the course. But it was good that no one else showed up - we had a race that was cancelled two years ago because of fatal bear attacks and a fair number of people ran it by themselves anyway. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Maggie Mae said:

we had a race that was cancelled two years ago because of fatal bear attacks and a fair number of people ran it by themselves anyway. 

Some people overestimate their speed compared to a bear!!

• Haha 6

On 4/24/2020 at 6:04 PM, 47of74 said:

A bunch of Branch Covidians up in Idaho got stupid with a cop about a playground being closed. 

A video has gone viral of a white woman getting arrested for refusing to leave a closed park, sparking a conversation on white privilege. 

Journalist Yashar Ali shared a clip of the video, said to be more than 40-minutes long, to Twitter on Thursday. The video, which was live-streamed on Facebook, according to KTVB7, was not available on Thursday afternoon. 

After Ali posted the video on Twitter, many expressed that they felt the women exhibited white privilege and that the officers even treated them differently than how they would have treated Black people. 

“The white privilege here is astounding. The Park is Closed. Closed. That means to you too, lady,” Twitter user @pliego_laura wrote.

The woman who was arrested made a tearful (but not 100% satisfying) apology

The woman arrested on Tuesday afternoon for trespassing at a Meridian Park during Idaho's stay-at-home order has apologized to the police officer who arrested her. She also made statements that contradict what happened at Kleiner Park and blamed the stress of being stuck at home with her kids for what happened.

Forty-year-old Sara Brady spoke at Meridian City Hall on Friday afternoon, apologizing for the behavior that she displayed during the protest and subsequent arrest, which then lead to several other protests.

In her brief press conference, Brady immediately began crying as she read the letter she wrote for the officer that arrested her.

"I never thought a knee-jerk comment made to you out of frustration, by me wanting my kids to play in a park would create such a divide amongst our friends, family, community, the state of Idaho, the nation and the world, a divide that seems impossible for me to mend," Brady said. "The reality of the situation is that I've been stuck at home for the last five weeks and as the rest of America has so, watching this great nation and our god-given rights crumble before my eyes, I let the stress of me being in a house with my four young kids, one with special needs, got the best of me that day."

According to Boise State Public Radio, the Boise affiliate of NPR, reports that Brady is part of several anti-vaccine groups - Idahoans for Vaccine Freedom and Health Freedom Idaho.

The protest that Brady and others attended was a planned event, which Brady said wasn't the case.

"Please know I never had any intention of going to the park to protest or to make any type of political or public statement," she said. "I did not rip any of the tape off the ground and I did not see any signs that prohibited playing on the playground."

Sara Brady of Meridian was arrested on Tuesday afternoon after refusing to leave a closed playground.

In this video posted to YouTube of her arrest, Brady and a large group of parents and children are seen at the playground at Kleiner Park in Meridian on Tuesday, with police tape that signaled the park was closed to the public due to the coronavirus pandemic visibly torn down and on the ground.

At the beginning of the viral video, Brady and others repeatedly asked the Meridian Police officers at the scene why they couldn't be there. They also told officers that the caution tape was already ripped down when they got there.

In the moments leading up to Brady's arrest, an unnamed city employee asked Brady and the woman filming it, "Were you guys organized to do this? So all of you just showed up at once?"

During Brady's confrontation with law enforcement, one Meridian Police officer said, "Ma'am, I've told you to exit numerous times, this is it. Exit the playground area now. I'm really trying to be nice about this." 

When Brady refused to leave, the officer gave her to the count of five to leave. She then told the officer to arrest her for being in the park when the officer counted down to three and turned around to the officer with her hands behind her back.

As Brady was being handcuffed she said, "Someone call Idaho Freedom Foundation right now and get them on the phone."

During Brady's apology, she claimed she was not there for any protest or political statement, however, the Idaho Freedom Foundation, who she asked someone to call before anyone else when she was arrested, is a libertarian-advocacy group.

After her arrest, Ammon Bundy [figures that this jerk-off would involve himself], a libertarian leader who has organized other protests against stay at home orders, doxxed the officer that was involved in her arrest, releasing his identity and his home address. Bundy then led a protest at the officer's home, which required several police officers to be there to ensure nothing got out of hand.

The City of Meridian closed their playgrounds down last month in order to lessen the spread of COVID-19, which can live on plastics, like a playground slide, for days.

"However, this is not an excuse for my behavior and my part in what happened," Brady said during her apology speech. "While I can't go back in time and change what's happened, but the truth is that I am very sorry that I let my frustrations get the better of me that day."

I guess an apology is a good thing, but I somehow doubt she has learned anything from this.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

guess an apology is a good thing, but I somehow doubt she has learned anything from this.

Oh I dunno. I suspect she found out that being on the wrong side of both public opinion and the law is both more stressful and expensive than she anticipated and didn't give her the same warm fuzzy hero feelings she gets from behind a keyboard.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

Oh I dunno. I suspect she found out that being on the wrong side of both public opinion and the law is both more stressful and expensive than she anticipated and didn't give her the same warm fuzzy hero feelings she gets from behind a keyboard.

Yeah, she probably has learned that lesson. :pb_smile: There were just a few bits that rubbed me the wrong way. Like this:

"I never thought a knee-jerk comment made to you out of frustration, by me wanting my kids to play in a park would create such a divide amongst our friends, family, community, the state of Idaho, the nation and the world, a divide that seems impossible for me to mend," Brady said.

She apparently believes that she single-handedly caused division among the people of the world. Lady, I doubt most people out of the Treasure Valley have even heard of you. :pb_rollseyes: She may have given ammunition to both conservative and liberal sides, but she didn't start all this.

Or this part:

"The reality of the situation is that I've been stuck at home for the last five weeks and as the rest of America has so, watching this great nation and our god-given rights crumble before my eyes, I let the stress of me being in a house with my four young kids, one with special needs, got the best of me that day."

I can completely sympathize with feeling stir crazy after staying inside with kids for a long time, and I only have two. But the line I bolded is very weighted. A lot of things have had to change to protect all of us (including her, and her presumably unvaccinated family), but I'm not sure what "God-given rights" have crumbled. The right to get a haircut? The right to hang out in a bar? I'm pretty sure that our "rights" to things like that have only been temporarily suspended. Personally I am more concerned about all my friends and family who can't work than I am about my kids having to wait awhile to play on playgrounds.

(Sorry. I know folks here get it. This just helped me clarify to myself why this bugged me. And Ammon Bundy should go back to Las Vegas and leave Idaho and Oregon alone.)

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
Wrong possessive pronoun.
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

On 4/24/2020 at 7:04 PM, 47of74 said:

When he heard about the Sara Brady arrest dealio in Meridian, Ammon Bundy  got his group together, doxxed the home addresses of the governor,  the Idaho Health and Welfare Director, and the home of the officer who arrested Sara Brady and called for protesters to gather at each one.  Four police officers met the protesters at the Meridian police officer's house and told them they couldn't come closer than the sidewalk. Ammon Bundy publishes address, stages protest at home of Meridian officer behind playground arrest

Sara Brady's home address has also been made public, and she's contacted Ammon's group to chill the **** out. Sara Brady offers emotional apology to Meridian Police after recent arrest

Sara Brady is the wife of a Boise police officer

8 hours ago, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

I guess an apology is a good thing, but I somehow doubt she has learned anything from this.

You nailed it.  As soon as she was released from jail, she attended a massive protest organized by the Idaho Freedom Foundation outside the Meridian City Hall. 

The Idaho Freedom Foundation has disavowed Ammon Bundy's tactics (doxxing addresses and showing up at people's homes). 

Also, this.  The actual playground (slides, swings, etc) was the only part of the park that was closed.  All of the grassy open area was available for use. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic